Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,856 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] (112044 Views)

UNN Medical School Thread / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) / See UNN Cut Off Mark For 2017/2018 Session – Www.unn.edu.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Phi001(m): 6:56am On Apr 22, 2017
eskus me...Maths/Stats is not easy too joorh... grin
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by arcike(m): 7:02am On Apr 22, 2017
doctorgyna:
U know of any other exam?

yes... NIA exams
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Jman06(m): 7:11am On Apr 22, 2017
brownhawk:
tell me how to identify ur sister. I can go Greet her for u
Lol...Never mind bro
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 22, 2017
Awww.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by GBADEYZ: 7:22am On Apr 22, 2017
this kind failure no too bad to tell your people for house

papa:how come you fail e be like sey u no serious again

mama:but I trust you o me wey don brag to all my friends sey Na u b d best doctor

papa:so I go pay anoda school fees again if u repeat?

pikin:papa,mama una just dey complain instead make una dey thank God at least I still get one pass some ppl fail everything

intact Na only 10 ppl pass others failed and go repeat papa Na general something d Exam too hard and d lecturers just one wicked us

papa:people wey pass Na two head dem get ne?no be d same thing dem teach una?

pikin:make I tell una sef dat 10 ppl wey pass Na ppl wey don repeat once or twice Na only one of our mate pass all

mama: nawao

pikin:una know chidi Na DAT boy wey get best waec result for our state

papa: yes dat one wey win cowbell competition DAT year

pikin: ehem d boy fail all. even our VC pikin fail all. people faill well well o Make una even dey Thank God sey I pass one course

mama: Thank God o hmnn me self no sey u no dey fail u wey be best student for ur sch and I know sey u serious u no dey play
just try harder next time

pikin: Thank u mama
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 22, 2017
Oyind17:
You ended up spewing trash.

See I know what I am saying and I make sure my comments though not popular are verifiable. Medicine is the toughest course in Nigeria hands down. U can't even calculate it's credit load because it's up to a thousand with all d didatic lectures and heavy clinical postings not to talk of calls. While I was chilling with my bottles of beer during holidays I had cousins and friends who never smelled home more than a week because they were studying to save life's. You think I should give them their regard. Nigeria is a useless country that's why a forestry professor will be forming swag, if he were in South Africa, UK, US he will be the least paid as different courses have their salary grade for lecturers. It's here a Yoruba professor is paid same with an Engineering professor. This breeds laziness and comments that disparage the tougher courses, When salary scales start rewarding hard work the maths statistic lecturer will find out that he is no mate with a lecturer in medicine or with a financial analyst who is having direct impact on the economy.

Sgt Ponzi Hater

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by bahaushe1: 7:26am On Apr 22, 2017
Frenda:
lease im a medcine student read really hard and i have two carry overs after first semester and had a 5 point after second semester will i be droped from medcine please i need help please
Are we still talking of carry over and points in Medical school?
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 22, 2017
Here is a link to d top 10 paid professors in the US.
www.thebestschools.org/blog/2013/11/25/10-highest-paid-college-professors-u-s/
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by fayded(m): 7:33am On Apr 22, 2017
Frenda:
lease im a medcine student read really hard and i have two carry overs after first semester and had a 5 point after second semester will i be droped from medcine please i need help please

which university??
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by brownhawk: 7:35am On Apr 22, 2017
Jman06:
Lol...Never mind bro
honestly it's convenient for me.i can take provisions on your behalf. I only need the address
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 22, 2017
doctorgyna:
The result of the second MBBS professional exam of the University of Nigeria was pasted yesterday. Medical students take the exam, seen as the most difficult exam in the world, in their 3rd year.

Attached is the result for the Faculty of Dentistry students... 45 People took the examination, only 10 people had outright pass [passed the three]. For the medicine class, less than half of the class passed also.
I understand the emotions attached to the exams and result and I hope the bolded was sarcastic but like they used to say, if you haven't gone out, you would consider your father's farm as the biggest in the world.
A jambite who failed jamb would say jamb is the most difficult exam in the world.
Brother with benefit of hindsight, 2nd MBBS isn't even in the Top 10 difficult exams in the medical field, let alone Top 100 in the world.
I believe you haven't written Pathology or Pharmacology, surely haven't written Internal Medicine or had persons with experience of writing Primaries in Surgery for NPMCN talk less of Part one or two in any medical field.
Yet these aren't as difficult as some professional exams in non-medical fields.
Brother I believe you have aspirations to be a doctor, doctors are not known to make blanket or careless statements.
Work hard to pass your exams. I wish you the best.

5 Likes

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Jman06(m): 7:48am On Apr 22, 2017
brownhawk:
honestly it's convenient for me.i can take provisions on your behalf. I only need the address
Funny you! But she has got enough supply of provision...
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 22, 2017
Frenda:
I believe you're in 100L, (from your post), well, different medical schools have different criteria for crossing over to 200L, find out the criteria for your school and work with that. Wish you the best.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Galantsantana(m): 7:52am On Apr 22, 2017
Omonoba1:
most difficult exam in the world?? na wa o...
U mean naija MBBS exam is more difficult Dan dose of ivy league but less recognized? Naja education system needs a overall hauling. DAT its d most difficult doesn't make it d best.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by DrP2000(m): 7:53am On Apr 22, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Medicine is not just about disease. They could ask them immune reconstitution. They could ask them to talk about the intrinsic muscles to the fingers and how it aids u typing the trash u are typing, or lesions in the CNS and how it changes behaviour. These things come with a lot of thinking and analyses, most times ur type can't sail through, medicine is for the smartest. On the flip side these doctors end up being proud, broke and rigid with almost no life. Studying medicine is a sacrifice, which I will be ready to take in my next life

Sgt Ponzi Hater

You are on point Mi Chief,
I concurr

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2017
eoadeniji:

Lol..what will now be said of Pathology and Pharmacology o
My brother I tire oooo. These pre-clinical guys go just dey fall hand.
They obviously haven't known the trick to passing in medical school. I bet many of them had been trying to absorb Ganong, Guyton, Keith Moore etc grin grin

3 Likes

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by phenzy(m): 7:55am On Apr 22, 2017
sgtponzihater:
Medicine is the only course I respect in this country. Then except maybe the course I studied also. The stupid dental students should not tell me they wrote the same exams because they surely reduce their cutoff mark, if not they can't even pass. Apart from that most other University students even first class are morons except my course which I would not mention so as not to boost the ego of some of my course mates who are also near morons. I respect u doctors die. Sorry for the failed out students, medicine is not for morons try microbiology or fishery or even pigery or maybe pharmacy or lab science.

Sgt Ponzi Hater 2017

and u go raise up ur hand fr public say u go skul nao

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 22, 2017
Is a usual thing in every college of medicine, u see your MBBS exam results and you lapsed into depression Unilorin college result even worst
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by tellmanny(m): 7:57am On Apr 22, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Rubbish big time. Pharmacology once u use a drug chart to know the drug class, they pharmacodynamics and kinetics and few side effects that's all, the only tough thing in pathology is anath path because of it useless jargons. Part one MBBS with gross anatomy remains the toughest and one with highest failure rate. That's why step 1 USMLE is the most important.

Sgt Ponzi Hater

Gud day bro,
You just confirmed my thought of you, Which is that you are a wounded dentist i.e. A former dental student that was withdrawn from the school due to poor grade.
Trust me, while in medical school we do wonder why dentistry had to be that stressful and difficult than medicine but that doesn't give you the audacity to come on a public forum like nairaland and say not so nice things about other people's profession.
Channel much of this energy into getting the best out of life.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2017
darkhorizon:

Stop Over hyping,who told you it is the most difficult exams in the world?
you think it is your usual semester courses that you read for 3 months and forget by the time 2nd semester start, a medicine student uses the same textbook as anatomy, physiology and biochem students, what they do in four years medical students do in 2 years or in a school like unilag, 1 year and it is exactly the same thing they are learning. After doing this,there is no break between exam days, all the papers are back to back. Dont open your mouth anyhow o.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Jman06(m): 8:06am On Apr 22, 2017
tellmanny:

Gud day bro,
You just confirmed my thought of you, Which is that you are a wounded dentist i.e. A former dental student that was withdrawn from the school due to poor grade.
Trust me, while in medical school we do wonder why dentistry had to be that stressful and difficult than medicine but that doesn't give you the audacity to come on a public forum like nairaland and say not so nice things about other people's profession.
Don't mind that guy. He's just exposing his ignorance for the whole world to see.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 22, 2017
tellmanny:

Gud day bro,

Only an extremely dull student fails out of dental school. These students are patched and padded to graduate, so don't call me a dental student I will never be one. I respect all courses but truth is that some courses are more than others. Respect to all MBBS students and graduates in the house. May the next generation of doctors be a blessing to our land and may God reward your hard work and sacrifices.

Sgt Ponzi Hater

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 22, 2017
DrP2000:

The problem is that most students underrate Biochemistry because its not as voluminous as Anatomy( which has 3 areas- Gross anatomy,.most voluminous, then Histopathology and finally Embryology) and Physiology which is also voluminous. Most time because Anatomy has new terminologies ( sounding like Greek to you after reading it the first time with compulsory headache that comes with it on the first day you read it) and is very voluminous, they lay more emphasis on it and physio trying to clam every thing in anatomy and physiology which is not possible, now when the exam is close , they will rush to Biochemistry to just scramble over it without know that the pathways are not a.walkover especially if you don't take special cognisance on the enzymes, so towards the exam they get more confuse than confidence. The truth is that lack of or poor counselling contributes too because if you have a.senior brother or sister in the college especially in senior class, you hardly Gail the exams because they will guide you and tutor you on the relevant things to read and hownto clam better or what each lecture always want or which of the lecturers can set question because not all the questions set by the lecturers are used at times they go to question bank and get questions of years back and use it.
you obviously did not read leningher's biochem textbook
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by UncutSk(m): 8:11am On Apr 22, 2017
justhenry:
The students were actually busy with the big brother Naija show during the time. Thats why many failed.
read them no go read
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 22, 2017
funmisticqueen:
you obviously did not read leningher's biochem textbook

Doctors have no use for that extraneous book. Harpers, Lippincott and their school note is enough.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Gordieshegz(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2017
4larhhh:
shows the lectures are also a failure!!!

sister,on the contrary they are not in most instances..

there is much more taught than could be remembered at a spot..
the stuffs are new,many thought it would be the normal biology and chemistry but the real case was far from those thoughts..

the stuffs are hard to grab and voluminous to master..

just imagine writing exams on 2years of study(200l and 300l) as follows

theory and mcqs 5hours paper on each,like 300 mad objective questions in 2hours

ANATOMY on Monday
PHYSIOLOGY on Tuesday
BIOCHEMISTRY on Wednesday

practical anatomy on Thursday
practical physiology on Friday
biochemistry on the following week Monday.

viva on Tuesday and Wednesday.

without break in between..

2 Likes

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by mechanics(m): 8:16am On Apr 22, 2017
eyah, maybe the students didn't prepare well, medicine no be beans na.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Only an extremely dull student fails out of dental school. These students are patched and padded to graduate, so don't call me a dental student I will never be one. I respect all courses but truth is that some courses are more than others. Respect to all MBBS students and graduates in the house. May the next generation of doctors be a blessing to our land and may God reward your hard work and sacrifices.

Sgt Ponzi Hater
you are very ignorant and your level or ignorance needs a plank to the brain there is no dull student that is in medical/dental school. Passing such courses doesnt necessarily mean you are the most brillant. I saw a lot of people more brilliant than me fail and get withdrawn in med school. You just need to satisfy the examiner and it is everything from your conduct,in and out of class to the exam itself. To those who failed resit/repeat only makes you stronger, take some time out analyse where you did wrong, dust your books. Always teach what you read. Join a study group, you guys have to work together. God give you strenght and success cos clinicals is another kettle of fish entirely.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 22, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Doctors have no use for that extraneous book. Harpers, Lippincott and their school note is enough.
well some of us use it and we are better for it. It is also a recommended textbook
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by mannyiyke: 8:23am On Apr 22, 2017
doctorgyna:
Lol... Lecturers Follow for the best na

From what i saw, 25 failed the 3 subjects and will go home forever. Only nine (9) passed. u should have pasted that of medicine too.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 22, 2017
funmisticqueen:
you are very ignorant and your level or ignorance needs a plank to the brain there is no dull student that is in medical/dental school. Passing such courses doesnt necessarily mean you are the most brillant. I saw a lot of people more brilliant than me fail and get withdrawn in med school. You just need to satisfy the examiner and it is everything from your conduct,in and out of class to the exam itself. To those who failed resit/repeat only makes you stronger, take some time out analyse where you did wrong, dust your books. Always teach what you read. Join a study group, you guys have to work together. God give you strenght and success cos clinicals is another kettle of fish entirely.

A resit means u are not serious. Failing out is dumb period. No excuses for bad behaviour. I have 2 blood relatives and they didn't spend an extra minute in medical school. Let's not condone bad behaviour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

UNIBEN - 2015/2016 Postgraduate Application Is Out / Check OAU 2008/2009 Admission List Here / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.