Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria (45661 Views)

Adama Beverages Workers Deny Report Of Mass Sack, Molestation Of Workers / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
Boujurz:
Why will u work that long as a contract staff...four year is no joke you worked for a very long time i feel yur pain afta all the devotion uve been ditched off life its sef is a teacher though bt u can apply for a job else where u have quality experience ...gettn anoda job within same field i feel wont be a problem for u. God help u!!!
2 bad in mama Charlie could try after 6 months you enjoy same rights as full tummy staff
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by SycophanticGoat: 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
Too bad.. When it comes to job security in customer service department/field, Etisalat is the worst! There was a time I was using their network and for good 3 months, I had no access to customer care service. It was as if they completely eliminated that department from their business structure.

I threw their sim card away because I couldn't fathom how I'll be using your network and you can't even provide me agents who will attend to my need when your useless network (they all are) gets messy.. undecided angry

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
Useless B00hari

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Believe7(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
hmmm nigerians what is going on..
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by jericco1(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
MTN did theirs, I'm not surprised, people are getting laid off. But there aren't enough job to go around.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by inspiralcay: 3:17pm On May 02, 2017
maybe they want them to start working from home... it saddening whats the way
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Marvellouzkk(f): 3:17pm On May 02, 2017
Call our Oga at the top

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 02, 2017
dingbang:
Sorry. Such is life

When e reach your turn you won't see mouth to talk like that.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by sixtusn: 3:18pm On May 02, 2017
Bros, don't worry. This means that God is opening a better door/opportunity for you. When such things happen, is for your next level to manifest. Just put yourself together, put up a good and a cheerful countenance u will God in action. Good luck for ur next level blessings.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by SirL0neWolf(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2017
bootylady101:
I feel your pain tho but

when you got the job, we no hear and when you were flexing ,with knowledge of internal vacancies we no hear, now sack don come you create thread, what will you ve us do now,

bashing is welcome o

I won't waste time to bash you just one advice to u..free ur mind from hate before it eats you alive...so he should create a thread that he's flexing or what..wtf?!!! If u can't encourage then stfu!!

11 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by DollarAngel(m): 3:20pm On May 02, 2017
It's well Bro
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Klington: 3:20pm On May 02, 2017
Sorry buddy....
U can do a part time job meanwhile, just like our president is doing ryt now..... Working from home or zo oza room grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by kaikubura: 3:22pm On May 02, 2017
A general manager in a place I once worked told us that before a company sell its spanner, wrench, furniture and other things; they will rather terminate someone's employment because men can be easily replaced not tools.
I was so sad on hearing that.

Baseline is always have a business to fall back on.

All the best bro

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ednut1(m): 3:23pm On May 02, 2017
contract staff for four years haba, life hard sha. the company is owing banks self, so shit can happen
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Klington: 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
bootylady101:
I feel your pain tho but

when you got the job, we no hear and when you were flexing ,with knowledge of internal vacancies we no hear, now sack don come you create thread, what will you ve us do now,

bashing is welcome o
matters arising

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ademide0710: 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
I can relate!! God is your strength.
What's really happening. I hope your fiancee get job sha. Never stop praying and sending out your C.V. Society for family health and Nigeria Breweries did Mass sacking too.
Which job remain for Nigeria now.

Get your complete engagement Asooke for #100k, call or what's app 07036640956. Offer ends on 31st of August, 2017.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Afonjashapmouth: 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
As much as job stability and all is essential, this will also be a wake up call for some people out there. Don't be too comfortable serving, create your brand while.serving, those serving years are your training periods and not cloth, cars and items acquisition.period. I will never serve a firm without a retirement package for more than a year plus. Learn to move up the ladder. Sorry for your loss though.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by TheControversy: 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
Recession, mass retrenchment, poverty, failed job market, power failure, corruption. The bad luck following this country is on steroids

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
Now they have sacked u at a bad time...Can u plz expose cheats of free browsing with etisalat.Thankyou

12 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nairasurplus(m): 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
Take heart guy
We all sign it in our offer letter, " The company reserves the right to terminate your apponitment at any time without assigning any reason".

The above is embeded in all offer leters. Accept it cos you signed it.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by michoim(m): 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
holuwhagbenga:
I Started My career as a customer care agent with Etisalat (contract staff) four(4) years ago(April19-2013), with good attitude to work and no issue.Surprisingly few days ago My Appointment Got Terminated with other colleagues mine on the same date I was employed(April-19-2017-Exactly 4years) without any reason.. This is totally unacceptable..
(April-19/2013 to April-19/2017)

The Saddest Part of My story is that I got the termination letter few weeks to My Wedding Day......

So confused and I don't know what to do...
#WhatACountry
#Recession
#ProblemSharedProblemSolved
#EtisalatNigeriaMassSacking

You can Share...

Don't allow yourself to get confused. Just praise God. For when there is life there is hope. Don't be so mindful of the wedding. Just realign your focus on God. And soon you will start singing a new song. Get going! Don't Stop!

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 02, 2017
They are all enslaving our talented graduates when our government refuses to make life easier for the citizenry creating a loophole for outsiders to exploit. I am so touched by your story my wife is a staff their too

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Threebear(m): 3:25pm On May 02, 2017
And you were sacked, how is this our business? lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by LesbianBoy(m): 3:26pm On May 02, 2017
OP maybe God let this happen so you can know the true colour of your wife to be! Start observing her now that you have lost your "lucrative" job!

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by sassiemyk: 3:27pm On May 02, 2017
Category1:
Go and cry in aso rock and not on nairaland

Blammeeeeeeee buhariiiiiiii!

U can as well terminate ur wedding too, tell ur wife say u no do again

Obviously you are both young and stupid. If u don't have anything nice to say why not shut ur gutter mouth up?
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by repogirl(f): 3:27pm On May 02, 2017
And some people called world economic forum said Nigeria is out of recession. Who are they deceiving?

4 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ayodeleamg(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2017
Just change your wedding plan to minimize expenses .
I'm sure you can set up a good business with 80%
of your wedding expenses.
Manage the remaining 20% for wedding and thank me later.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 3:28pm On May 02, 2017
Etisalat is in a real mess right now, in fact I think their company have been taken over by amcon.
They owe access bank 40billion
they also owe GTbank 42billion
They owe fidelity bank 17billion
in fact the total amount of debt owed to 13banks is 377billion naira($1.2bn)
The Telecoms company are not finding it funny with that huge debt obligation hanging on their neck.
Job retrenchment was on the cards with all that negative news, a pity you were affected

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ennytcathy(f): 3:29pm On May 02, 2017
You talk lik someone that need his or her brain reset. I pray u find urself in such condition one day

U can as well terminate ur wedding too, tell ur wife say u no do again[/size][/b][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Biggers82(m): 3:31pm On May 02, 2017
Category1:

U can as well terminate ur wedding too, tell ur wife say u no do again

guy nawaaaaa to you oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by 4peace(m): 3:31pm On May 02, 2017
kaikubura:
A general manager in a place I once worked told us that before a company sell its spanner, wrench, furniture and other things; they will rather terminate someone's employment because men can be easily replaced not tools.
I was so sad on hearing that.

Baseline is always have a business to fall back on.

All the best bro

Why did you sad?
It is reality now bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM / Man Collapsed After His Salary Was Slashed From N18,000 To N5,000 In Kebbi / Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.