Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria (45654 Views)

Adama Beverages Workers Deny Report Of Mass Sack, Molestation Of Workers / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ephi123(f): 3:57pm On May 02, 2017
SirL0neWolf:

I won't waste time to bash you just one advice to u..free ur mind from hate before it eats you alive...so he should create a thread that he's flexing or what..wtf?!!! If u can't encourage then stfu!!

I wonder o, very silly response. I don't understand why people can't keep quiet if they have nothing tangible to contribute to a discussion.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Bridget95(f): 3:59pm On May 02, 2017
sunbilor:
I know 2 people affected by the sack. This recession is biting harder.
which recession?

I thought they said that Nigeria is out of recession

Buhari sef!

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ofonike: 3:59pm On May 02, 2017
Category1:
Go and cry in aso rock and not on nairaland

Blammeeeeeeee buhariiiiiiii!

U can as well terminate ur wedding too, tell ur wife say u no do again
this guy doesn't need this, a little encouragement from you will do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by prico32(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2017
holuwhagbenga:
I Started My career as a customer care agent with Etisalat (contract staff) four(4) years ago(April19-2013), with good attitude to work and no issue.Surprisingly few days ago My Appointment Got Terminated with other colleagues mine on the same date I was employed(April-19-2017-Exactly 4years) without any reason.. This is totally unacceptable..
(April-19/2013 to April-19/2017)

The Saddest Part of My story is that I got the termination letter few weeks to My Wedding Day......

So confused and I don't know what to do...
#WhatACountry
#Recession
#ProblemSharedProblemSolved
#EtisalatNigeriaMassSacking

You can Share...

Was a staff at Etisalat also, I resigned December 2016 cause I got tired of them, they just know how to use someone yet act like you will die without their damn job.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by NLProblemChild(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2017
holuwhagbenga:
I Started My career as a customer care agent with Etisalat (contract staff) four(4) years ago(April19-2013), with good attitude to work and no issue.Surprisingly few days ago My Appointment Got Terminated with other colleagues mine on the same date I was employed(April-19-2017-Exactly 4years) without any reason.. This is totally unacceptable..

The Saddest Part of My story is that I got the termination letter few weeks to My Wedding Day......

#WhatACountry
#Recession

You can Share...
crack any etisalat cheat for us abeg.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 4:03pm On May 02, 2017
Dandsome:
Chai, so sad.

Same way they just increased tarrif from 11kps to 15kps without informing us. That's cheating

I thought i was the only person that noticed this oo. I suddenly realized that charges had increased
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by KunlePrism(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2017
demiawise:
IT IS WELL, IT A STEPPING STONE FOR YOU, IN GOD YOUR HOPE, NO REASON AM BRO, YOUR WEDDING WILL ALSO BE A SUCCESS
I say a Big Amen!
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by 1234onyekwe: 4:08pm On May 02, 2017
ayodeleamg:
Just change your wedding plan to minimize expenses .
I'm sure you can set up a good business with 80%
of your wedding expenses.
Manage the remaining 20% for wedding and thank me later.
How do u expect him to manage something that comes once in a life time .Oga OP pls enjoy ur wedding let tomorrow think about itself.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by freshinko: 4:09pm On May 02, 2017
You can wish well. Fine, the problem here is,will his fiance, girlfriend or whoever that's feeding either on or from him understand and support him?
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by calyto: 4:10pm On May 02, 2017
grin grin grin

Foolish someborri

Category1:

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by gbagyiza: 4:13pm On May 02, 2017
One thing you should know is that n organisation has the right to fire it staff at any given time becos this is always stated in your employment agreement. My advice is that, if you r qualify to be given any entitlement, fight for it but if u r not ,look for another thing to do n forget abt them.This is d reason I so much emphasized on skills acquisition to be self reliant.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ideaz: 4:16pm On May 02, 2017
Our jobs should be for capital to build our businesses but many don't agree until it is too late!

Find real residual income business (not ponzi scheme) and begin to build immediately, this could be a blessing in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Lightening: 4:20pm On May 02, 2017
holuwhagbenga:

#WhatACountry
#Recession

You can Share...

Surprisingly no sympathy for any telecoms worker that looses his job. After colluding with your employers to steal your customers' credit by debiting them as much as #100 weekly under some dubious guise of the customer requesting one nonsense value added service of yours or the other which was never requested even inspite of repeated protests. Your loyalty was always with the your Arab employees and now you have been dumped, you are turning to the teeming Nigeria masses you helped to plunder for solace. Funny!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by olamakinde(m): 4:22pm On May 02, 2017
bootylady101:
I feel your pain tho but

when you got the job, we no hear and when you were flexing ,with knowledge of internal vacancies we no hear, now sack don come you create thread, what will you ve us do now,

bashing is welcome o
u no get sense

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by achieverme(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2017
holuwhagbenga:

#WhatACountry
#Recession

You can Share...

This is the time to know if your bride really loves you or not.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by nextstep(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2017
First of all, sorry, ehn. It is well.

I've been sacked 3 times in my career. Everytime, there were rumours weeks and even months before it happened, which I used to prepare. Was this really sudden, or were people talking about impending sack? You say you're confused and don't know what to do; it's really quite simple:

- scale down the wedding (or even postpone it if it's not too late)
- apply for work (yes, I know there are no jobs, but you won't get one if you don't even apply)
- start a small side hustle (even retailing pure water from your house or recharge card, which you can start with as low as 1k).

Nothing is beneath you. I have a degree in engineering, yet have washed toilets, painted, gardened, done general labour, sold food, because anything is better than 0 naira.

What I learned from my sackings are:

- no matter how qualified you think you are, you are at somebody else's mercy (I know top tech people, bankers, sales staff who suddenly lost their jobs). Try to find ways to reduce your dependence on somebody for a job.

- save 20-30% of your monthly salary for a rainy day. I know people will say there's barely money remaining after rent, food, and transport. My reply is: you can either find ways to save when you're employed or suffer the consequences when you lose your job. Your choice. Even if it means torch phone, no hanging out with the boys and 1 shoe... let people laugh. They won't give you a single naira when you need it.

- you really need to keep one foot in some kind of business that will sustain you. Contracting on the side, selling pure water from your house to your neighbors, or a small provision store that you supervise. As you gather money, you can join some reputable groups/coops to do anything from leasing land for farming (you don't do the actual farming), importing, trading, buying land and developing it. Anything helps.

Take this as a learning point. Ultimately, you are responsible for yourself - you cannot blame your employer for not "taking care of you". It is not in any business' interest to keep staff it can't pay otherwise the business will find itself in trouble and die.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by princeuwanile: 4:27pm On May 02, 2017
Category1:

Bro u no get chill ooo
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Electronzeez(m): 4:29pm On May 02, 2017
4dor:

It's not recession rather it's a disruption, instant messaging apps with call and video options is gradually burying the telecoms industry. Why do you think MTN is pivoting?

Well ,you might be right .

But have you consider nigeria voice telcos company burying data company like ipnx ,swift ,spectranet with their 4G advertisement .
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by achieverme(m): 4:29pm On May 02, 2017
bootylady101:
I feel your pain tho but

when you got the job, we no hear and when you were flexing ,with knowledge of internal vacancies we no hear, now sack don come you create thread, what will you ve us do now,

bashing is welcome o

You've been looking for trouble since 140BC. Looks like you will find it here

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by gbagyiza: 4:32pm On May 02, 2017
gbagyiza:
One thing you should know is that n organisation has the right to fire it staff at any given time becos this is always stated in your employment agreement. My advice is that, if you r qualify to be given any entitlement, fight for it but if u r not ,look for another thing to do n forget abt them.This is d reason I so much emphasized on skills acquisition to be self reliant.

For d aspect of ur wedding Dont cancel it, go ahead with d plan it will be a testimony some day in your life. A friend in my former place of work was retrenched after putting his all for d company n his wedding was to hold in 2 weeks but he went ahead n did his wedding. After some years he got a job with shell. As we communicate he is right now in shell.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Neutrobcorp: 4:32pm On May 02, 2017
But it baffles me .....

FOR 4 YEARS...... You were actually picking and replying calls....

My fiance, now my wife was actually employed same time as you were...... I kept pushing her to yearn for more, she left after 6 months of working, she's with one of the big banks now, as a relationship manager.

WHAT HAPPENED TO CAREER GROWTH...#JustSaying Though...

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 02, 2017
Ralphlauren:

I disagree.

These messaging aps are used in other countries yet their telecoms sector is still very vibrant.

The problem is that these companies are not innovative. They can also expand and introduce other products such as sim only deals inclusive of minutes and data, etc.

In the UK, we have SKY. A company listed on the stock exchange. They started with providing satellite TV services before expanding into landline and broadband. Just recently, they've introduced mobile phone services offering deals for mobile phone customers.
What do you think mtn and other operators should do in regards to what you said

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 02, 2017
Go on with your wedding plans but it should be strictly family affairs. That's the best advice I can give you so that you now use part of your money for business and up keep of the family
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by kfrosh: 4:44pm On May 02, 2017
I love your write up bro. It was as if you were talking to me. May God bless our hustle.
nextstep:

I've been sacked 3 times in my career. Everytime, there were rumours weeks and even months before it happened, which I used to prepare. Was this really sudden, or were people talking about impending sack? You say you're confused and don't know what to do; it's really quite simple:

- apply for work (yes, I know there are no jobs, but you won't get one if you don't even apply)
- start a small side hustle (even retailing pure water from your house or recharge card, which you can start with as low as 1k).

Nothing is beneath you. I have a degree in engineering, yet have washed toilets, painted, gardened, done general labour, sold food, because anything is better than 0 naira.

- no matter how qualified you think you are, you are at somebody else's mercy (I know top tech people, bankers, sales staff who suddenly lost their jobs). Try to find ways to reduce your dependence on somebody for a job.

- save 20-30% of your monthly salary for a rainy day. I know people will say there's barely money remaining after rent, food, and transport. My reply is: you can either find ways to save when you're employed or suffer the consequences when you lose your job. Your choice. Even if it means torch phone, no hanging out with the boys and 1 shoe... let people laugh. They won't give you a single naira when you need it.

- you really need to keep one foot in some kind of business that will sustain you. Contracting on the side, selling pure water from your house to your neighbors, or a small provision store that you supervise. As you gather money, you can join some reputable groups/coops to do anything from leasing land for farming (you don't do the actual farming), importing, trading, buying land and developing it. Anything helps.

Take this as a learning point. Ultimately, you are responsible for yourself - you cannot blame your employer for not "taking care of you". It is not in any business' interest to keep staff it can't pay otherwise the business will find itself in trouble and die.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by ephi123(f): 4:44pm On May 02, 2017
nextstep:

Your post is filled with so many wise words. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by openmyway: 4:45pm On May 02, 2017
Take it easy on yourself bro, God is in charge.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by 1Rebel: 4:47pm On May 02, 2017
Trying hard to sympathize with you. But it's just not working. I can't look past the fact that you're yoruba and you're among those that brought buhari upon nigerians. Lost your job? Serves you right. kiss

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by CXLVII: 4:49pm On May 02, 2017
Category1:

Your foolishness is epic!

An 100% certain you can't go far in life!

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Ralphlauren(m): 4:51pm On May 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

What do you think mtn and other operators should do in regards to what you said

They should employ me as an expatriate consultant and I can provide advisory services grin grin

P.s. I don't come cheap cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM / Man Collapsed After His Salary Was Slashed From N18,000 To N5,000 In Kebbi / Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.