Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,811 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba (67959 Views)

Lady Vows Never To Visit Her Potential Boyfriend's House Again After Seeing This / I Dumped My Bride On Wedding Day Because She's Been Cheating On Me- Groom Shouts / I Sympathise With A Guy Who Says He Used And Dumped A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Djyucee1(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2017
Mumu gal
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by malele(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2017
Nawah o for most 9ja Men oo, how can u tell a girl that visited u the first day to enter kitchen and cook for u and ur friends. Nawah ooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by seguno2: 3:01pm On May 11, 2017
delishpot:
She should be the one suggesting that she cooks them a meal. She nor try jor.

Are you trying to be funny?
That is a poor attempt.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by obyno417(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2017
And u are proud of ur self? Mumu spoiled lazy brat. Don't ur mother cook for ur dad? I pity unlucky man dat will end up with u.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Only1mi(f): 3:02pm On May 11, 2017
Why should I be relegated to the kitchen the first time I'm on a date with you. All you people that shouted when PMB was talking about the other room are still the ones bashing this woman.

Let's forget her other life for now, whatever it may be. I've seen some posts here where people say you have to keep the men guessing by not being too available, then you turn around and diss her for not cooking, as if it's her responsibility to feed him.

To make it clear, my man and I don't eat out, we both cook, but I do everything else in the home, and he gets excited when he cooks for me, and boy am I a happy woman.

8 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by junnyjake(m): 3:03pm On May 11, 2017
Safiaa:
The difference is that You invited bae over to YOUR house and YOU cooked for her. When you meet someone initially, you don't demand anyone to go inside your kitchen to cook for you. On top of that, he wanted her to cook for his friends.

Thats totally wrong and bad manners. You don't do that to someone you just met, so i understand why she felt that way. It's not about feminism, its basic home training and manners. When you have a guest in your house, do you demand them to go inside your kitchen to cook for you? Its the same logic abeg. Apply sense.

Ouch! I know I must definitely touch someone with my post.

1.Go read my post again, I didn't in anyway absolve the guy of any wrongs.

2.Did you read where she said they've known each other for weeks?

3.The guy was way too forward, caz me, I don't eat anyhow and not everyone has access to my kitchen, and for the fact that the guy wanted her to cook for his friends shows that he's willing to build a relationship with not just himself but his friends.

4.It's not every girl I'd introduce to my friends.

5.My approach was entirely based on premises that she thought she was doing the guy a favor by dating him, as if the relationship between them wouldn't be mutually beneficial, this is what's obtained with the feminist ideals.

6.I made mention of my cooking for bae because I don't want to be misunderstood as one who thinks a lady's duties starts and ends in the kitchen, and if you are that kind of a lady, I won't want to have any serious relationship with you.
And in fact, she had asked to cook for me before then.

7.would you know how many bad habits he must have overlooked while dating? Still yet he might want to continue to see how the relationship can work.

8.the lady obviously is lacking in tact, because the guy might be uninformed or uneducated on how a lady interpret gesture like that.

9.That last phrase on your post "apply sense" I'm hoping you don't mean that as an insult. if you did, I'd suggest you retract it, you don't have to be on the defensive caz, I never put you there. And now, don't be like those slowpokes on here who can't make a post without adding insults to it.

4 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by seguno2: 3:03pm On May 11, 2017
Djyucee1:
Mumu gal

obyno417:
And u are proud of ur self? Mumu spoiled lazy brat. Don't ur mother cook for ur dad? I pity unlucky man dat will end up with u.

Only a mumu person who thinks that everyone is like him will call the principled lady a mumu.
Could that be your case?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 11, 2017
Why would a guy ask u to cook for him on a first date? that's a huge red flag! He probably says the same thing to other girls and they jump to do it.

Men should learn that when you're dating a lady that loves you and you treat her well, she will cook for you out of her own free will.

I'm safe in the knowledge that I cook cos I want to in my relationship.

9 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by feeloscar(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
angry
Is this not the same girl who has slept with 2788 men

Nothing we no go see undecided
Even this one wey her Toto don sag and wide like community Well still dey form for man

I no blame am sha, man must knack. embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSTeZA6xMI
You no see her nose like butt of dane gun?
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by AlphaStyles(m): 3:05pm On May 11, 2017
nd u want to get married abi

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by T3Amo(f): 3:05pm On May 11, 2017
Kakamorufu:
buh it's right to collect money on the first date

When did I say it's right to collect money on the first date? Did you not read the part where I said if the girl demanded shopping on the first date since its a man's duty to provide. A lot of men would be insulting the lady.

It works two ways. Nobody should expect wife and husband duties on the first date. If the lady decides by herself to cook and clean on the first date and a guy decides to be an ATM giving money out on the first date then it's their choice.

But demanding things on the first date in an uncouth manner simply because of "gender role responsibilities" and having an entitled attitude is a big no no.

6 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by pocohantas(f): 3:05pm On May 11, 2017
Jerryojozy:
Hahahaha desperado ke? that's what is obtainable in my place. Do u think 70s is 2017? Ask ur parents they have stories to tell you.

Genius J
Abeg stopeet...
No time did mothers go visiting the men in their houses and cooking or spreading legs like compass on top bed.

You see her, meet her people.
She would come over to your place, where the grooms mother will access her culinary skills and other skills.

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by eminikansoso(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2017
missomo:
Smart girl. The next date he would have brought out clothes for you to wash.

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.
DABI MOSE DA
Alai ni nkan se ton da ipari osu
Ole lasan lasan ikeji ole
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Zivaharry(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2017
So u think u are d one dt dumped him......? U got it all wrong....he dumped u cause u cannot cook......and also..,..he has foreseen ur future and knw u will neva sabi how to cook......so gataout!!!
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Omotayor123(f): 3:07pm On May 11, 2017
missomo:
Smart girl. The next date he would have brought out clothes for you to wash.

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.
I agree with you. I Read most of the guys comments here and I LOL. They are birds of a feather.

In as much as I love cooking, I can't Cook for a guy on a first date And to think they just meet.. some guys sefundecided

5 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Safiaa(f): 3:07pm On May 11, 2017
syrex24:
Oh my goodness!!! You must be a joker.Its your duty as a gf to cook for your bf i dont see anything wrong with that.If you truly lovehim bring him back please edakun
no it's not her duty, its her choice.

7 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 11, 2017
this is why I always ask "what do parents teach their sons?", obviously the manner with which he approached her was off,not just for him alone ,but for his friends too,who knows ,next date will be to mop,wash his clothes and toilet

7 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by PrickGetSize(m): 3:07pm On May 11, 2017
Joavid:
Why would a guy ask u to cook for him on a first date? that's a huge red flag! He probably says the same thing to other girls and they jump to do it.

Men should learn that when you're dating a lady that loves you and you treat her well, she will cook for you out of her own free will.

I'm safe in the knowledge that I cook cos I want to in my relationship.

But is there a feminism rule that a girl must not cook for her boyfriend until he puts a ring on it?
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Kakamorufu(m): 3:07pm On May 11, 2017
MsRoe:

I don't get you, but since you mentioned me, you must be another one of them. angry
see her mouf like ur are one of them. FYI.. no lady has cooked for me when they come to my abode. I hardly cook, only when the ginger is in me that I enter kitchen and make either rice or spaghetti. if I hold u in high esteem, I make u a fresh catfish pepper soup.
most time I only entertain them with snacks and any assorted junks I can get.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by delishpot: 3:07pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

Are you trying to be funny?
That is a poor attempt.

Funny as how? Abegi a lady should not be like that. He asked her to cook so what? She was comfortable going to his house after knowing him for ONLY two weeks according to her. But to cook for him was a shock to her because she has only known him for a two weeks? Its a date. She can express her own opinion about their mindset and still make a nice meal for her goons just like a friend and make the time they all spend together worthwhile. She could have even dragged him to make the meal with her as they entertain the friends. That would have given them time to chat and enjoyed each others company as per first date. Even if she later turned down his proposal to be his gf(Because he made the unforgivable mistake of asking her to cook) she would remain friends with them. What is the big deal? Women sabi complicate matter . If they had seen a snake or encountered danger, would she not expect him to protect her by using himself as a shield? Even though he has only known her for just two weeks?

She over reacted in my opinion and lost a chance at knowing who he really is. Not saying he is a saint but many men joke like that. Poor taste I know but it doesn't mean they are bad.

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Jerryojozy(m): 3:08pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:

Abeg stopeet...
No time did mothers go visiting the men in their houses and cooking or spreading legs like compass on top bed.

She would come over to your place, where the grooms mother will access her culinary skills and other skills.
Understand me. The first visit to the house, she cooked for all.

Genius J
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by omaigala12(m): 3:08pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:

Babe she for no chop joor.
These guys think the world revolves around their manhood o...imagine say she for cook for "prospective boyfriend"?

Oshey! Awon prospective boyfriend crew! grin
Title dey for this Nigeria. We gats hustle to colonise one manhood...

LOL!!!!!
Lol
Actually manhood and
money
Na d two tins wey dem gurls d look for
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by pocohantas(f): 3:09pm On May 11, 2017
Okay, seems it's time to be testing each other husband/wife material. How about the girl tells him to give her N50,000...she is just testing him you know?

That way she can know if he can provide for her as a husband.

Nonsense!
Una test for kitchen, test for room... test everywhere...

You be Quality Controller? grin

omaigala12:

Lol
Actually manhood and
money
Na d two tins wey dem gurls d look for
Considering the fact that most Nigerian men don't have money...what do ya all have aside manhood? grin

4 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Kakamorufu(m): 3:09pm On May 11, 2017
Omotayor123:

I agree with you. I Read most of the guys comments here and I LOL. They are birds of a feather.

In as much as I love cooking, I can't Cook for a guy on a first date And to think they just meet.. some guys sefundecided
hahahahaha. see this one ooo
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by tartarus(m): 3:09pm On May 11, 2017
Truth be told, most Nigerian men are archaic, very senseless and cowardly (yet they feel macho) grin

I'll never advice my sister to end up with one. Very few Nigerian men actually have sense, I blame bad upbringing. Nigerian families don't train up male kids properly. undecided

7 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 11, 2017
Omotayor123:

Thank you Tayo. Its funny but sad too.

Ejo Tayo help me interpret this. My Yoruba is quite rusty.
DABI MOSE DA
Alai ni nkan se ton da ipari osu
Ole lasan lasan ikeji ole

Lol. I can't even deal with the people I meet on Nairaland.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Eluwilussit(m): 3:09pm On May 11, 2017
ekems2017:
Hmmm. Well If you enjoy cooking you will not be saying this. It doesn't mean the guy wanted to use you. You probably don't know if he wanted a wife and saw you as a potential one. You missed out.

Maybe if it was sex you will have gladly given to him.

Mumu dey worry the small girl. Dude was probably looking for a homely girl. Unfortunately, this brat only wanted fun. grin
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 3:11pm On May 11, 2017
Nickymezor:
It doesnt sound cool to me. Na him suppose cook nw. After all shez kinda a semi visitor.

talk is cheap , how will you feel going to see your brother and met him sweating in the kitchen while his alleged babe is in the parlor with his friends watching telemundo..

You deserve this..

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by positivetaught: 3:11pm On May 11, 2017
you are an idiot with you double barrel nose, ugly wannabe.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by T3Amo(f): 3:11pm On May 11, 2017
malele:
Nawah o for most 9ja Men oo, how can u tell a girl that visited u the first day to enter kitchen and cook for u and ur friends. Nawah ooo

Lol yet the same men complain when some ladies bring their friends on the first date to come and eat.

Both are wrong but I guess everyone can justify their reasons and actions.

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:

Abeg stopeet...

But its the era of gender equality and sexual liberality era na?

Do you women genuinely want to go back to how our parents did it back then?

That will be splendid in my opinion. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Isa Sulaiman & Janine Sanchez: 'I No Fit Love Any Nigerian Woman Again' / How Your Mother Looks At You When You Are 32 Years And Not Married (picture) / When No One Wants To Date You, But Everyone Wants To Sleep With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.