Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba (68005 Views)

Lady Vows Never To Visit Her Potential Boyfriend's House Again After Seeing This / I Dumped My Bride On Wedding Day Because She's Been Cheating On Me- Groom Shouts / I Sympathise With A Guy Who Says He Used And Dumped A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Kakamorufu(m): 3:26pm On May 11, 2017
MsRoe:

No be my real mouth be dat, na Nairaland emoji. Why did you allow my post pain you, na, if you're not one if them? You coulda just chilled.....
Anyway, I'm sorry I presumed wrongly about you. You're not a masculinist.
one thing about me is. I don't take anything happening on social media serious. even ryt now, am just smiling and typing. I just need to state the obvious. gbam
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Rexnegro(m): 3:27pm On May 11, 2017
rumenase:
I thing the guy was wrong. my opinion though
it might be a test for him to See if he can take her serious or not. first date or not someone who understand What Hungry is will cook for someone who ask politely as The guy did
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by lovethchioma(f): 3:28pm On May 11, 2017
majorbravo:

It cant be the first date, why d hell would any decent girl have a first date in the guy's crib? What did she expect? A french chef in a halloween costume serving them both cuisine?
we were not there with them to ascertain if it was the first date or not. We are only working with the information we've been given.

Whether first date or not... it is still wrong. What happens to him going to the kitchen and preparing the food himself, seeing him doing that will even make her wanna join him in the kitchen.
Abi who prepares the food he eats before?
I still don't understand why most Nigerian Men like to claim Macho on top women's head. It doesn't work that way.

It a lady's choice to cook for you whenever she's in your house... whether gf or not. As long as you ain't married to her it's never her duty. But some guys can misuse that privilege sha... they'll Now make seem like its the girls duty.

Abeg what is wrong is wrong... don't tryna paint it

4 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Beey(f): 3:28pm On May 11, 2017
Revolva:
that lady is an idoit n a big problem in d future nonsense
I beg to differ with you on this one.How do you invite someone on a 1st date when it should be all about knowing one another, then bring friends over and then tell her to cook?That should be a time for just the two and if the guy isn't cheap he should have at least taken her to dinner for a 1st date.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 11, 2017
Ralphdan:

Na dem full 9ija o so u better go find white man wey go marry u. undecided

Be deceiving yourself. There are many Nigerian men who have been raised right, so Nigeria still has husband material to offer.

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 11, 2017
Kakamorufu:
one thing about me is. I don't take anything happening on social media serious. even ryt now, am just smiling and typing. I just need to state the obvious. gbam

cool
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by rosieluv(f): 3:31pm On May 11, 2017
well done and dusted, it was a first date he shouldn't have asked you to cook for him and his friends to eat, next time to prevent issues like this, always meet in a public place.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 11, 2017
junnyjake:
All these feministic ideas self!

Were you thinking by dating him, you were doing him a favor?

Could it be possible that you totally misjudged him?

One thing with all these feministic ideas is that they allow for you to have a rigid view of things, " If men do this then he is nothing but a misogynist"

The first time bae visited, I cooked and she enjoyed it, So my ideals don't restrict women to the kitchen.

You said you dumped him, so that's to make you special uh? Fine, Good luck with finding a man who won't ask you to cook.

lalasticlala, or whoever is in charge of this board should move this to FP, so we can have more views on this issue.

All this mumu girls. You will take oyinbo culture and superimpose it on our own forgetting that it's in a different environment.

PS: According to the oyinbo culture that you're selectively following, you should pay one-half of cost of the meal that he bought for you.

Olodo
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by SonOfJames: 3:32pm On May 11, 2017
YelloweWest:

Yes! Pride from the man!

Imagine such disrespect.
It would have been different if she offered to cook. But to ordee her like she is your maid... that's insulting!
So he should have gone on his knees and beg instead. The thing is the girl can't cook, she just didn't want to embarrass herself.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Kakamorufu(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2017
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by obyno417(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2017
Hello dear u have a challenge and that challenge is ur pride. If u can't cook for a guy that u called ur supposed boy friends and his friend who will u now cook for? He and ghost's? This is d reason why many ladies are not married, here is Africa not America that don't have culture. Also work on ur ability of not saying no, u refused to cook but u ate d food he bought from a fast food what does dat make u? A hungry lady. A principle lady will ask him to take her home but a hungry lady will eat and even package some home thinking. DAT it's smartness but its just d act of showing how hungry they are. My dear d guy was d person dat dumped ur hungry ass not u because u have nothing to offer him,from ur confession on how his apartments looked it shows u are also a local chick ekuke forming bull dog.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by dechar(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2017
missomo:
Smart girl. The next date he would have brought out clothes for you to wash.

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.
sex on the first date on your part no buggy you dey dodge wetin you go do last last
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by giftedben: 3:36pm On May 11, 2017
That's why you a pussy. You eat his fast food but ordinary cook rice you can't. Tomorrow you will start going to church to look for husband. If na to open leg, you go quick do am. My friend you simply don't know how to cook.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by EAZY2422(m): 3:37pm On May 11, 2017
ekems2017:
Hmmm. Well If you enjoy cooking you will not be saying this. It doesn't mean the guy wanted to use you. You probably don't know if he wanted a wife and saw you as a potential one. You missed out.

Maybe if it was sex you will have gladly given to him.
you nailed it ma'am. my own is if she really don't feel bad about all this,why is she telling us?madam e pain you joorrr.....
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 11, 2017
the girl has a point.we do things out of love and not because we get ordered to do it.some guys sef be acting more authoritative than okonkwo in chinua achebe"s things fall apart.

4 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Ralphdan(m): 3:38pm On May 11, 2017
MsRoe:

Be deceiving yourself. There are many Nigerian men who have been raised right, so Nigeria still has husband material to offer.

Ofcus she still does
But the question does she still have wife materials to offer? Cus this Africa dear nt US or Europe cool
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by leofab(f): 3:40pm On May 11, 2017
Blovckhead and you didn't read where he wasted his fuel to pick her up and used his money to buy rice for her and she didn't refund him cos it's their first date.. nonsense nonsensical..
lovethchioma:
Someone said the guy might be testing the girl and I ask what kind of stupid test is that?

If a guy test me with this kinda thing I'm going to happily fail the test again and again.

Imagine! sitting on the couch and asking her to go cook for you and your friends on a first date... because she is what? the woman?
and when does being a woman mean being stupid or your slave?
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Eluwilussit(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

I have responded on the basis that this could have happened to anyone.
Cheers.

I got you. I once dated a girl who wouldnt cook. Good Christian girl but when a man is looking for a wife, he is most likely looking for a home maker. Someone that will team up with him and build a lovely home.

A lot of people take what they read or hear through the media too seriously. Our needs as humans, haven't really changed a lot. Food is still our number one need and pririoty.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by blakwater(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2017
Olukokosir:
Till u turn 79yrs nd u still dey single
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Kumosisi(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
One word - Pride !
Pride one side-- Pompous

1 Like

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by junnyjake(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2017
12inches1:

All this mumu girls. You will take oyinbo culture and superimpose it on our own forgetting that it's in a different environment.

PS: According to the oyinbo culture that you're selectively following, you should pay one-half of cost of the meal that he bought for you.

Olodo

And those who their gospel they adhere to are happily married women, who'd be mumuing themselves around their husbands.

And she ate the rice the guy bought.

Talk about delusion of the highest order. But to say the truth, the guy no try. I can't allow any girl enter my kitchen anyhow o, I love my life.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by EAZY2422(m): 3:42pm On May 11, 2017
missomo:
Smart girl. The next date he would have brought out clothes for you to wash.

Set a standard for yourself because if you marry such a man you will never be happy. Men like that end up beating women.
wooowwww......speaking from experience huh?no wonder you still single at age 39.make i catch you for shiloh 2016.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by blakwater(m): 3:44pm On May 11, 2017
ur mate are there helping homeless pple with cooked food but u cant cook for ur friends well the cain to be use on ur back suppose to be soak In a coal tar barrel
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by tartarus(m): 3:45pm On May 11, 2017
I can't believe most guys here actually feel the girl was wrong! WTF is wrong with Nigerian men?? shocked
Imagine the rubbish o!
Because she has a vagina simply means shes an automatic cook??. Many cavemen on nairaland o.

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 11, 2017
Girl you did the right thing That guy is so proud of himself.he doesn't apply wisdom if not he would have entered the kitchen prepare the meal and watch how you would react. Am very sure that he would expect you to continue from where he stop not commanding you as if he owns you. Cooking for your boyfriend is a sign of love not force
But come you Bleep up big time by eating the food from eatery

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Nofuckgiven: 3:45pm On May 11, 2017
leofab:
Blovckhead and you didn't read where he wasted his fuel to pick her up and used his money to buy rice for her and she didn't refund him cos it's their first date.. nonsense nonsensical..
You are the blockhead because she didn't force him to do all that! If he says no,will she kill him??
Like someone said above, if she didn't want to cook on the first date,she should not have gone to his place! All this issues would have been avoided,I still support her though. The guy should have made the first move to cook and she would have assisted him.
There is no where in the Bible God states that it is a woman's duty to cook,if it is just quote me with that particular chapter or verse.
As long as she is not his wife,it is never her duty to cook for him. Boyfriend or not!! Unless he is ready to assume her financial responsibilies of course.
She can also do like me and date only men who cook. That would save you from all this hullabaloo! undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by obyno417(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2017
seguno2:

You should read my post again.
I guess my assessment was correct. How did you determine that I am a woman?
is not every body with dick are men some men with dick are women and u are not excluded.

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by lovethchioma(f): 3:46pm On May 11, 2017
leofab:
Who is this one again? .. Look, I would have ignored you just like I normally do with people like you.
But hey, I just wanted to ask you something.... do you have a problem driving home your point without insulting people? and to think the only way you can make someone agree with you is by insulting them actually proves you are the blockhead here.

OK bye bye

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Meti99(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2017
Abegi leave this girl alone, she is a frustrated idiot..
I'm so sure she's a frustrated she-goat.
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by ibiali(m): 3:48pm On May 11, 2017
and what is wrong in cooking for the guy and his friends? look the responsibility of a woman is in her vocation. Feminine activities like cooking, taking care of the home e.t.c is her duty as it is Willed from Above.It is a shame.. undecided
Re: I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba by Erinz: 3:50pm On May 11, 2017
Dis kind of guy might want a potential wife , asking you to cook might a test, and u missed it cos of one useless feministic ego. U may neva av such golden opportunity again. Who knows if u av jus dumped ur future husband

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Photos From Dynamix Magazine Pool Party In Lagos That's Got Internet Talking / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Woman Exposes ‘Pastor’ Who Sent Her His Unclad Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.