Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist (63152 Views)

She Said She Can't Date Me Because "I'm Too Clean". What Do I Do? / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled / Should I Help A Lady That Refused To Date Me 4 Years Ago With Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 9:27am On May 15, 2017
goodguygonebad:
To the poster, I believe that you have your reason to choose your theistic stance.

My question would be, do you think it's moral for you to call her out and play the victim? You made your choice, she made hers. Let her be. You don't believe the God argument, she does. It's all choices to make.

Like someone earlier said, look around for females who "won't" avoid you for your stance. From what I have seen, some ladies are on this thread, pour out your love to them.

Life continues. Evolution takes its course
gbam!

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 10:25am On May 15, 2017
LaExpert:

You have no answer.

No problem.
yeah cos i cant define someone else's mentality
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 10:26am On May 15, 2017
LaExpert:

Moral standards have not changed with time within Catholicism and many other religions.

The same cannot be said of where your own standards come from...if you have one.
from humanism and empathy. So tell ne how they have changed over time.
I know it marvels you and you are envious that i can do good without instruction from any authority or fear of eternal condemnation
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 10:27am On May 15, 2017
ba7man:
Whatever!!! I'd still fire an atheist befor he starts affecting my business with his logic that the business structure, order and complexiity is based on "Chance", not "lIntelligent decisions".
your god too came by chance so what is tye difference?
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by theDEVILisHERE: 11:35am On May 15, 2017
chemystery:

you dont believe god exists; you dont believe god does not exist; you are confused!

A mad man would always think he is the sane one
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 11:43am On May 15, 2017
theDEVILisHERE:

A mad man would always think he is the sane one
just like you are doing grin
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by walls01: 7:02pm On May 15, 2017
hahn:

Well, I do not know much about the evolution theory myself but I do not it was first postulated by a Christian undecided

Then again, even if there is a creator I still see no need serving it

OK then, but it is better to know life just don't come out of the blue, if it had we will still be experiencing it
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Ultimus: 7:59pm On May 15, 2017
goodguygonebad:

If evolution has not stopped, you and I would have adapted to mosquito bites and developed in a way that malaria would have been a thing of the past.

Try another

Don't be ignorant, the AS genotype is an evolutionary adaptation against plasmodium. Some people can't get AIDS even after exposure to the virus. Some people can never be diabetic and so on..Evolution. Read:

http://anthro.palomar.edu/synthetic/synth_4.htm

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Ultimus: 8:06pm On May 15, 2017
chemystery:

Wait for million years to get answer to your question....it took evolution that long

It doesn't take that long actually. It just happens as the conditions for it to happen are ever present. And evolution has been observed in the laboratory. So it is just a waste of time arguing with folks that say they haven't seen it happen..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_evolution

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2014/02/evolution-in-real-time/

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Ultimus: 8:18pm On May 15, 2017
goodguygonebad:

While you wait abi?

Please stop deflecting. Pick out facts from my statements. Malaria is a problem for tropical Africa. We've been at it for years unending. I think we should have started evolving to cater for it. If we all die before your million year wait, what will we be evolving for?

Errr...actually we have. You are just too comfortable in your ignorance and others found out for you. People in the tropics are less susceptible to malaria in than those natives in the temperate regions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2620631/

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 8:21pm On May 15, 2017
Ultimus:

It doesn't take that long actually. It just happens as the conditions for it to happen are ever present. And evolution has been observed in the laboratory. So it is just a waste of time arguing with folks that say they haven't seen it happen..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_evolution

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2014/02/evolution-in-real-time/
oh! thanks alot i'm greatful. Dont mind those guys

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by hahn(m): 8:27pm On May 15, 2017
walls01:

OK then, but it is better to know life just don't come out of the blue, if it had we will still be experiencing it

I do not understand what you mean by the emboldened but this is how I see it. No one knows for sure how life came about. It could have been by someone or something.

For the "someone" there have been thousands of possible creators. Whichever creator you believe in is just one of them and none of the thousands have been able to prove that their god is the real creator. The same belief or faith you apply to your religion that makes it seem real is also applied to other religion. So far we can put all these gods under the category of guess work. No actual research or evidence has been put forward to prove that your god or any other god is real for that matter

On the other hand we have science that applies research, evidence and the scientific procedure to come to it's conclusion.

Even though I am not a scientist I think it is best to keep an open mind. Religion might be right, science might be right

Personally, I do not care how the earth started. What is the benefit of this knowledge? How has it helped to improve mankind so far? If god(any of the 4,200 of them) exist, what are it's benefits?

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Ultimus: 8:39pm On May 15, 2017
2dugged:
in all you have said ,do you know the fear of hell is actually taming the conscience of a lot of people, i dont know about other countries, but the thruth is we are not ready to liberal ,not yet ,i doubt humans can be moral on their own,psychologically, the human mind can snap,that is why brainwashing someone to bomb themselves is possible, now without that standard and constant reminder,free thinkers can only have their view and actions guided by their state of mind which if unstable or irrational can lead to chaos ,seeing a lot of Nigerians suffer one form of psychological disorder due to parental or environment ,and we seem not to have embraced therapy, I dar way we are not ready

I don't like arguing against religion as such because it entails analysing confusion and falsities. What if I told you that keeping people in the fear of hell is even bad as a deterrent for reprehensible behaviour. The end result is that we have sociopaths on leashes. That is why despite the fear of hell, people will commit crimes so grave that you wonder if hell burns at all. The absolution of wrongdoings by religion (forgiveness) also makes it worse as it simply issues license for people to commit atrocities and avoid the same hell without accountability.

As for atheists being guided by their own mind, again that is wrong. We are not morally obligated to our minds, as social animals, we are morally obligated to our society. I'm telling you that we as atheists and human beings are "forced" to be morally upright beings because being otherwise means a collapse of our society. Look at largely irreligious countries that do not have fear of hell, they are better off that the most religious countries that blast prayers and supplications at 5am daily. Ever stopped to ask yourself why? It is because they recognise that their society can't function without they realizing their socially moral duties to one another. I suppose they are even more enlightened than blighted religious ignoramuses to quickly understand this.

It is called the social contract theory.

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/g/gaskilld/ethics/sct.htm

2 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 15, 2017
Ultimus:

I don't like arguing against religion as such because it entails analysing confusion and falsities. What if I told you that keeping people in the fear of hell is even bad as a deterrent for reprehensible behaviour. The end result is that we have sociopaths on leashes. That is why despite the fear of hell, people will commit crimes so grave that you wonder if hell burns at all. The absolution of wrongdoings by religion (forgiveness) also makes it worse as it simply issues license for people to commit atrocities and avoid the same hell without accountability.

As for atheists being guided by their own mind, again that is wrong. We are not morally obligated to our minds, as social animals, we are morally obligated to our society. I'm telling you that we as atheists and human beings are "forced" to be morally upright beings because being otherwise means a collapse of our society. Look at largely irreligious countries that do not have fear of hell, they are better off that the most religious countries that blast prayers and supplications at 5am daily. Ever stopped to ask yourself why? It is because they recognise that their society can't function without they realizing their socially moral duties to one another. I suppose they are even more enlightened than blighted religious ignoramuses to quickly understand this.

It is called the social contract theory.

http://www.csus.edu/indiv/g/gaskilld/ethics/sct.htm
i think I am done with all this talk ,i have said everything that needs to be said,what Nigeria needs as a country is not athiesm but institution and laws simple,bye
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by kaboninc(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2017
2dugged:
i think I am done with all this talk ,i have said everything that needs to be said,what Nigeria needs as a country is not athiesm but institution and laws simple,bye

Done ke?
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 15, 2017
kaboninc:

Done ke?
done wth that moniker,i can engage you,cos it you,so since the other ignorant fellow couldn't answer my question, why don't you tell me what atheism can he classified as,a religion, culture or what?
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by kaboninc(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2017
2dugged:
done wth that moniker,i can engage you,cos it you,so since the other ignorant fellow couldn't answer my question, why don't you tell me what atheism can he classified as,a religion, culture or what?

Okay ohh.. .you know were we dey meet
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 15, 2017
kaboninc:

Okay ohh.. .you know were we dey meet
no o ,lets discuss it here,you mentioned me here ,we must complete it here
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by kaboninc(m): 9:47pm On May 15, 2017
2dugged:
no o ,lets discuss it here,you mentioned me here ,we must complete it here

Ahhh.....mogbe.

You know that am not always here nau
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Ultimus: 9:49pm On May 15, 2017
2dugged:

Nobody needs atheism as such except for the freedom of their own mind. But if you want a better Nigerian, there is no way you can avoid evaluating religion and it's lapses. This country is conservative, our laws are, they are morally reprehensible but more importantly they are made by religious people. Think about it.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 15, 2017
Ultimus:

Nobody needs atheism as such except for the freedom of their own mind. But if you want a better Nigerian, there is no way you can avoid evaluating religion and it's lapses. This country is conservative, our laws are, they are morally reprehensible but more importantly they are made by religious people. Think about it.
when you keep saying religious people I am forced to ask if atheism is not as religion ,the same freedom of the mind is what I have been hammering on,a mind that is not tamed nor have a standard to always use as a reference to checkmate its activities is likely to turn out disastrous, this is my last time reply to you
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 15, 2017
kaboninc:

Ahhh.....mogbe.

You know that am not always here nau
the strength you used to reply me would have been enough to answer my question, bye since all of you keep dodging my question, no need to waste my time
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Herrmes: 12:26am On May 16, 2017
Amberon:
You just made Zero point.
Says you.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Joebie: 12:09pm On May 16, 2017
My views are believing alone is not enough, irrespective of one's religion. One's life should reflect it.

Mujtahida:

You are right then. It's not just exclusive to Nigeria. What are your religious views or believes?
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 1:07pm On May 16, 2017
2dugged:
when you keep saying religious people I am forced to ask if atheism is not as religion ,the same freedom of the mind is what I have been hammering on,a mind that is not tamed nor have a standard to always use as a reference to checkmate its activities is likely to turn out disastrous, this is my last time reply to you
the tandard of religious people doing good is in their religious book, what about the standard of doing bad? Do they have any?

In essence, there must not be a standard for one to do good or do bad.
There are good and bad atheist just like there are good and bad religious folks.

God is in favour of good, Satan is in favour of Bad according to religiouss folks
An atheist believes in neither, so he is inclined to doing any based on his level of empathy and humanism.
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 16, 2017
chemystery:
the tandard of religious people doing good is in their religious book, what about the standard of doing bad? Do they have any?

In essence, there must not be a standard for one to do good or do bad.
There are good and bad atheist just like there are good and bad religious folks.

God is in favour of good, Satan is in favour of Bad according to religiouss folks
An atheist believes in neither, so he is inclined to doing any based on his level of empathy and humanism.

so I can be right to say atheism is a religion that believes in the non existence of God, simple, enough of all this back and forth
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 4:31pm On May 16, 2017
2dugged:
so I can be right to say atheism is a religion that believes in the non existence of God, simple, enough of all this back and forth
You can say it for the sake of freedom of speech and entitlement to your own opinion

3 Likes

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by kennysympathy(m): 4:35pm On May 16, 2017
SavageGarden:

Well said bro. Though I don't agree to this Nigerian thing about money. It's getting too much already are you implying that without the op or anyone else being rich you should identify as Atheist cos it carries some sort of stigma? Broke people can't be Atheist or anything else?
My name is also Kenny by the way.

Bro, that's what it implies. If you don't have money as an Atheist, then their sky daddy is punishing for not believing. If anything bad happens to you it is a punishment from their sky daddy. But if it happens to them, then he has his reasons.

1 Like

Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 16, 2017
chemystery:
You can say it for the sake of freedom of speech and entitlement to your own opinion
hehehehehehe, I was expecting a counter with facts, just like that, hehehehehehe
Re: She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist by chemystery: 4:45pm On May 16, 2017
2dugged:
hehehehehehe, I was expecting a counter with facts, just like that, hehehehehehe
hehehehehehe....sorry to disappoint you this time around, hehehehehehe, i'm sorry

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Police Arrest 2 For Having Sex In Police College Church In Maiduguri (pic) / "I Have Travelled To Asaba, Abuja And Ekiti For Sex" - Male Twitter User / Moment When You Want To Flex Your Babe In Your Dad's Car. photo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.