Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

London Is Not The Paradise I Expected - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Is Not The Paradise I Expected (22274 Views)

London Is The World's Most Popular Capital - Again / Igboland The Emerging Paradise Of Africa / Phone Snatching In London. Is It Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by naija4life(f): 1:52pm On Feb 01, 2007
For yor info wale, i dont need a VISA to go to anywhere i want in the world, can yu guess da color of my passport. yeah yu guessed right.

I'm in Cyprus as an exchange student for 6 months and then am back where i rightfully belong.

Just get it into ya head dat UK is completely, maybe a few exempted places, rubbish and should be downgraded to a developing country.

I pity peeps back home dat dont know da true situation on ground b4 embarking on their journey to 'The land of Ghosts'
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 1:55pm On Feb 01, 2007
@naija4life,
i should have guessed, ure one of those bloody yanks grin

who told you u dont need a visa anywhere in the world You try and enter Abeokuta with ur blue passport

You will be shocked
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by naija4life(f): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2007
walelead:

@naija4life,
i should have guessed, ure one of those bloody yanks grin

who told you u don't need a visa anywhere in the world You try and enter Abeokuta with your blue passport

You will be shocked

@walelead, yu seem like a nice guy, lets not get overheated with this UK issue. Everybody knows it, including the brits themselves.

Abeaokuta, lol, who fcking wants to go there
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by kitaun(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2007
Lmao @walelead
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2007
naija4life:

@walelead, yu seem like a nice guy, lets not get overheated with this UK issue. Everybody knows it, including the brits themselves.

Abeaokuta, lol, who fcking wants to go there

Nice guy this chic has ruined me

With that last blow, she has won the battle. Me gone

So u dont want to come to Abeokuta, the land of milk, rocks and honeys? Ure missing out
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by dough(m): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2007
London, Cyprus, Kuwait, USA, CA wherever, there's no place like home. I personally i'm missing Naija like mad and i'm no doubt coming home soon. I don't know the heck is wrong with most Nigerian guys i've met here, they have never thought of coming back home and come and look at them, dem no get any good thing to show for their staying here atall. Whenever i take a drive with mom, she dey always complain sey make i look at 'em naija guys hustling like shit and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it.
Let me tell you brothers and sisters, to me i believe it's not how many years you stay in that foreign country you are, it's what you acheive. I would never hold anyone for how he/she comes about his/her money. Americans would say Do whatcha do. It's your life, do whatever ever. Scam, Slang Crack, distribute, sing, Do legit work, whatever, just remember the so called 'generic' Nigerian way of thinking about people living abroad and remember KWAM 1's music, Boshe lo, lo she bo. And about those who seems to be the loosers abroad and turns about to be the winner in naija, just a wait min, one of my childhood friend who is now in Manchester was proposing on buy himself a Peoguet 406, he called me and told me about it, i tried to talk him into not buying it but he wouldn't listen, so he bought it. 2 days later he came back to me and told me what he has thru before he was allowed to drive the car he bought and how many tickets he has been given by the road conductors. He was expectin me to feel pity for him, but believe him instead i was just laughing cos if he had not bought the car, he wouldn't have understand why i told him not to. What i'm trying to pull outta this is that, think about him taking the money down to naija, omo, imagine the kind car wey hin go buy himself and how free hin go ride hin car even buga some people. That's it about it and same thing is applicable to 'em who can't even afford to pay their rent here in states and own many houses in Nigeria.

The point is, let's all go back home and build up our country, no one would do that for us if we don't, if you think i'm crazy, think about Sinpagore's rise to power.

Just ma 2 cent
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2007
@kitaun,
na true nah, i trust all those immigration boys
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by dough(m): 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2007
@ naija4life, men you gatto be kidding, holding an american pass do not mean anything man. I'm hold the same pass like you. Tell me something, did you ever try to enter even Mexico lately? If you're in Cali. you go know what i'm talking about? For your information perhaps it's been long you left the US, brova you have to call ya peeps right here and ask what's going down, cos you'r not up-to-date, ya dig?
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by naija4life(f): 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2007
walelead:

Nice guy this chic has ruined me

With that last blow, she has won the battle. Me gone

So u don't want to come to Abeokuta, the land of milk, rocks and honeys? Ure missing out

Abeokuta is in Ogun state right, nah! dont wanna go there, tnx 4 da invitation though

dough:

@ naija4life, men you gatto be kidding, holding an american pass do not mean anything man. I'm hold the same pass like you. Tell me something, did you ever try to enter even Mexico lately? If you're in Cali. you go know what i'm talking about? For your information perhaps it's been long you left the US, brova you have to call ya peeps right here and ask what's going down, because you'r not up-to-date, ya dig?
@dough, hav been outta states like 4 months now and yes i know all o'bout da mexican issue. Never did i say or even insinuate dat holding a blue pass means everything, but at least yu can ditto wit me dat it makes travelling a hell more easier, right?
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by LoverBwoy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2007
walelead who told you i'm not at the suya joint  grin me i dey gbadun my life, listening to fela with the "big boys" from nigeria, senators, p.a and some commissioners like that ol boy they are spending dollars like its going out of fashion  grin

Fela- teacher no teash me nonsense!  cool

akolawale,how far with the visa arrangements; meet me at the suya joint the bills on you mate including tax wink
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2007
@lbwoy,
I congratulate you, abeg introduce me to this big boys O, Cos accordin to one American-Cypriot chic, I am a mere latcher (I still dont know what that means)

Anyway, Pick up your phone angry angry
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by kitaun(m): 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2007
@Dough well said jare!! Brain drain, labour drain some of u diss Naija off as being in tatters, yap away that d orientation of d peeps here in Naija, yet u expect those back home to make Naija great while some fortunate idiot called Nigeria a cave saying he had no reason to come back to 'gidi' what a waste!!
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by LoverBwoy(m): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2007
sorry about that man, >library<

oh boy if i introduce you you wont read your books again trust me, all those naija girls with baggage wont let you breathe

anyway i heard a 2.1 is about N250,000 only
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by waleleader(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2007
LoverBwoy:

[sub]sorry about that man, >library<[/sub

anyway i heard a 2.1 is about N250,000 only
No worries man, i understand.

Wait, where is this place wher u can buy a degree for only £1000, I thot that only happens in America and Toronto
i could use an extra one u know
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by kitaun(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2007
Lover, get serious!! 1000pounds for 2.1 abroad? Why did i waste all those years here then? Oh my ways!
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by BlackMamba(m): 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2007
It's crazy reading the views of some of these privileged Naija kids. I think I should point out that those that weren't born with silver spoons, immigrate to escape the shackles of poverty and not to seek some paradise fun spot.

1 Like

Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by LoverBwoy(m): 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2007
nah im talking about Nigeria man  wink £1000 Bsc £1,100 for BEng  £1,500 for both of them plus a chieftaincy title if you marry the daughter of the oba in my village

toronto america actually have better bargians ask whatsisname again in the national assembly, it comes up to about £500 you attend lecture once or twice a year, your ability to cook afang soup is 30credits straight up, football skills another 30credits, the fact that you're from africa 60credits for international culture  grin

you can always be an agent for naija4life in cyprus though more money [color=#990000][/color] AGENTS
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by kitaun(m): 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2007
@Loverbwoy, i don tell u say e don tay wey u don dey craze!! Lmao
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by smile4kenn(m): 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2007
I loive in tokyo japan and its cool and easy to make money here. I will advise nigerians to come over here and forget about london because london is alrady full
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by LadyT(f): 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2007
BlackMamba:

It's crazy reading the views of some of these privileged Naija kids. I think I should point out that those that weren't born with silver spoons, immigrate to escape the shackles of poverty and not to seek some paradise fun spot.

Someone with sense!
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by LadyT(f): 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2007
Kitaun I dont think you are reading my posts so whatever we will just agreed to disagree. *rolls eyes*
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by 4Play(m): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2007
walelead:

Wait, where is this place wher u can buy a degree for only £1000, I thot that only happens in America and Toronto
i could use an extra one u know
At UNN,the price of a 2-1 for law students as at 2004 was 250,000 naira.Taking in inflation,it is still affordable.The new regime might also take up the price.However,if u think of the benefits over a lifetime,it is worth it.

I don't think a 1st class is buyable for that will be going too far.

There was a story of a girl who was so rich,she was offered a 2-1 for her money,she thought that will be too much given the fact that she only comes to school for exams.She took a 2-2 instead.

So u can go for a 2-1 without attending lectures if u are very rich and shameless grin.Or u can settle for a 2-2.

Anything,as long its not a Ist class.

.In my secondary school the best JAMB student in one particular year was a guy called Daddy Ruff.The "Daddy" part of his nickname,was not due to his love for Puff Daddy.No,it was because he had failed so many times and repeated,that he was now called Daddy,due to his age.

By some magical powers,he graduated with the best JAMB results,while a student who had 5A1s and 4A2s,had to wait another year to enter his 2nd choice University because his JAMB was not up to the cut off mark.How will it be when the likes of Daddy Ruff where passing with flying colors grin

Nigeria is a wonderful place ;DAnybody who denies it does not know what he/she is talking about.Whereelse can u get such great opportunities for little effort .
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by bunmii(f): 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2007
@ walelead where is erebus drive in thamesmead
west or north
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by mrpataki(m): 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2007
London for where shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg lets talk of somewhere better.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by fatliar(m): 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2007
at topic
where in london r u
u can mail me or send a message on my ymail
i will be available from on d 5th of feb 2 thursday
i dont mind taking u round intresting places i know
just hold ur money 4 bus pass then i will take care of lunch and other junks
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by folkzy(f): 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2007
Why y'all dissing Uk/London? u lot need to shut up!
@dblock, you need to show us where you’ve built, before you start criticizing.  Someone like you does not know jack nada that's why you keep babbling,
@Seun, what makes u fink that the tax people pay equals tuition for their Education.   People in UK do not complain about paying Taxes, they all know that the Tax that they pay benefits them one way or the other. Also, UK is the only country that helps family financially if they cannot afford to send their children to University. And when I was in college, I was paid given money every week just for attending college.  And they help families that live in poverty.
@walelead, i live in Abbey wood, my house is not far from Thamesmead.  About 90% of Nigerians own their own house in UK.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by kitaun(m): 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2007
4play

are you trying to denigrate in totality the standard of education of all Nigerian higher institutions and post-primary schools? shocked abeg n allow me take you to the cleaners o!!

Lady T,

STOP ROLLING THOSE EYES, U FIT WOUND YOURSELF O, LOL grin
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by sharetroll(m): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2007
Cities in the U.S. better than London:

Chicago
Miami
San Diego
San Francisco
L.A. (barely)
New York (barely)
Austin

Detroit makes it miserable for us, though.
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by sharetroll(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2007
Cities better than London: (cont'd)

Portland, Oregon
Seattle
Pittsburg
Phoenix
Orlando
New Orleans (pre-Katrina)
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by desiree(f): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2007
Every city on earth is better than London, hun, don't even sweat!!!
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by sharetroll(m): 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2007
Cities better than London: (cont'd)

Boston
San Antonio
Cleveland
Cincinati
Dallas
Minneapolis/St. Paul

There are still more. . . .
Re: London Is Not The Paradise I Expected by sharetroll(m): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2007
desiree:

Every city on earth is better than London, hun, don't even sweat!!!

Bitter much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India / First Nation Airlines Suspends Operations / Boeing To Lay Off Staff After $641M First-Quarter Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.