Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always (46795 Views)

My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help / I Caught My Fiancé In Bed With His Niece. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by pressplay411(m): 7:25am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
Good afternoon, am a 26 years old lady and am getting married next month, but anytime I have an argument with my fiance he insults me,telling me am a fool, an idiot, etc, have tried to correct him several times but he doesn't see anything wrong with it, just this morning we had an argument and he started again calling me all sort of names. Am starting to get really scared, because if he's doing this when we are engaged what will he do to me when when we are married

He's abusing you everyday with insults, and you're still wondering if you're in an abusive relationship?
You've corrected him and he won't change, are you running a correctional facility?
Now you're scared to marry him afterall youve endured him for (how long have you dated?) so come on what's another lifetime of abuse? grin

The choice is yours;
I know you're 26yo and probably trying to achieve marital status but think with your head not heart, evaluate your relationship. We don't know him, it is you who do. Do his pros outweigh his cons? Has he ever for once struck you or attempted to do so? How does he treat his sister and mother? Does he respect you? What do you keep doing to incur his wrath or does he explode at the slightest provocation?
No one marriage is perfect, don't be deceived but just make sure you're not getting hitched to a batterer cos all the news you read of couples killing each other also left signs.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Itzpaul(m): 7:33am On Jun 17, 2017
Still sit him down or report it to ur mother inlaw...am sure he will listen to her ok...
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by HRich(m): 7:34am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is just a preamble of how he will unleash his wrestling/boxing skills to administer 50kg worth of punches on your face in conjunction with "smack down" when he finally pays your bride price. These are the salient qualities of potential wife beaters yet you choose to stick to such a man probably because your source of livelihood depends on him. (it's very obvious). I mean do you think marriage is a "magician" that changes people completely from beasts to angels , especially a man that is already showing you his true colour even without legal ownership of you?

This is what to expect when you're too dependent on a man for financial security and your self esteem is thrown to the wind. I hope this will serve as a source of lesson to many Nairaland ladies who are always opening irrelevant threads to express their love for already made men and disgust for broke guys. They need to see how some of these men treat these "long throat" ladies like poo before/after marriage. The way you present yourself to a man determines how he will respect you.

Since you can see the signs of dangers with your korokoro eyes yet you're bent on getting married to this same person next month. That was how my female friend despise all advice and got married to a man with similar character with the OP's fiance, but now she has returned back to her parents home due to assault.

Sha don't later come and open an irrelevant thread asking us ways to cope with your temperamental husband because we won't even let it creep to the front page.

Anyway, I wish you an abusive marriage life in advance with your potential wife beater

You be case
buh you're right though
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by techlorddsblog: 7:35am On Jun 17, 2017
I don't think the two are compatible
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by OCHOdee(f): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2017
This is DANGER! I believe that your eyes are opened and you know what to do
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by liricaliblunt(f): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2017
PrickGetSize:
Does he have enough money to take care of you and your future family?

Does he show you love?

Does he care for your well-being?

Does he fvck you real good?

If the answer to these questions is yes then I see no reason why ordinary insult should spoil your marriage, unless he beats you. Insult him back - call him a bigger fool, a he-goat, a maluu, a stupendous ignoramus calamity - and get used to it. When kids start coming he won't have time to insult you again.

Marriage is for better or worse! angry
Op see your fiance here!!!
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by ogbeleje1234: 7:51am On Jun 17, 2017
Run for your life
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Leo042(m): 7:54am On Jun 17, 2017
My Sister marriage is all about peace and happiness, if u know that, u will not find all this on him,better desists from the marriage. Because u are still young

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Leo042(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2017
My Sister marriage is all about peace and happiness, if u know that, u will not find all this from him,better desists from the marriage. Because u are still young
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Humility017(m): 8:00am On Jun 17, 2017
chynie:
insult him back so he will have a taste of his own pills
if he beats you or gets angry about it
my sister talk to him, if he wouldn't change have a rethink
cos some verbal abuse can hurt pax beating
and verbal abuse kills emotional
so she should tolerate the beating and talk to him?
you think wife beater change so easily?
you ladies still don't get it...a man can act good just to get a woman he wants ...but that does not mean he is a good man......
he is already showing his true colors...the OP should leave the relationship....that's the best
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 17, 2017
Delay/postpone the wedding ceremony. I know that will be very challenging to do but you need to do that.

If things don't change within 2 months cancel the wedding and the relationship all together.

It appears you two are at different levels of maturity
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by madridsta007(m): 8:04am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
Good afternoon, am a 26 years old lady and am getting married next month, but anytime I have an argument with my fiance he insults me,telling me am a fool, an idiot, etc, have tried to correct him several times but he doesn't see anything wrong with it, just this morning we had an argument and he started again calling me all sort of names. Am starting to get really scared, because if he's doing this when we are engaged what will he do to me when when we are married

You shouldn't have waited till now. I am quite sure he was displaying this much before he proposed.

Yet, you said yes.

Marriage doesn't change anyone, sweetheart. What he displays now, he will continue to, unless by some divine intervention. When he pays that thing called 'bride price', he will take that as a validation for abuses and beating.

Naturally, I will want to say, "call it quits now", but love is that thing that shuts commonsense and switches on emotions. So you won't listen. And, just know that he will continue with the violence.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Humility017(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2017
amokeme:

Talk? One thing you need to understand about men like this is that, they see absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing. As in nothing! Let her talk to him and you will hear how he turns the whole thing on her head.
It's in him already, he needs to be with someone who doesn't see anything wrong with the insults. That's the only way, but the change aspect? Forget it

well said...pride is one common traits wit people
it takes a humility to change...and one good thing about humble people they won't insult someone in such manner......
amokeme@ you're beautiful though from yr pic
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by kidaby: 8:05am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is just a preamble of how he will unleash his wrestling/boxing skills to administer 50kg worth of punches on your face in conjunction with "smack down" when he finally pays your bride price. These are the salient qualities of potential wife beaters yet you choose to stick to such a man probably because your source of livelihood depends on him. (it's very obvious). I mean do you think marriage is a "magician" that changes people completely from beasts to angels , especially a man that is already showing you his true colour even without legal ownership of you?

This is what to expect when you're too dependent on a man for financial security and your self esteem is thrown to the wind. I hope this will serve as a source of lesson to many Nairaland ladies who are always opening irrelevant threads to express their love for already made men and disgust for broke guys. They need to see how some of these men treat these "long throat" ladies like poo before/after marriage. The way you present yourself to a man determines how he will respect you.

Since you can see the signs of dangers with your korokoro eyes yet you're bent on getting married to this same person next month. That was how my female friend despise all advice and got married to a man with similar character with the OP's fiance, but now she has returned back to her parents home due to assault.

Sha don't later come and open an irrelevant thread asking us ways to cope with your temperamental husband because we won't even let it creep to the front page.

Anyway, I wish you an abusive marriage life in advance with your potential wife beater

While I have no problem with your first paragraph, you may need to tone it down a bit in the second one. First, its not only men who are richer than their wives that abuse them. We have such men across all classes of race, religion and financial class. Because you are broke does not make you a good man nor does it mean you will appreciate your wife more. And while I don't support gold digging or marrying a man just for money without considering other things like his character and upbringing, a woman does not have to be insulted because er husband is richer than her or she's financially dependent on him.

You cannot copy the west in the parts that suit you alone. How many of you Nigerian men can share house chores with your wife? Since she's bringing in the same as you. In some families where both spouses are working, one sometimes stops due to the demanding nature of their work to have more time for the kids, could be the father or mother. Even some couples abroad make this decision and decide to live on a single income while bringing up children in a good manner.

Also, a woman can decide to be a full time housewife, part time housewife or a full career woman, she doesn't deserve to be insulted as long as this decision is made with her partner. At the end of the day, what works for family A is different from what works for family B.

I agree with your suggestion to the OP though, one has to be really careful, so you don't rush out of the marriage later.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by murmee: 8:05am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:

Very good post. Nothing more to add.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by bayulll011(m): 8:06am On Jun 17, 2017
PrickGetSize:

Does he show you love?

If the answer to these questions is yes then I see no reason why ordinary insult should spoil your marriage, unless he beats you. Insult him back - call him a bigger fool, a he-goat, a maluu, a stupendous ignoramus calamity - and get used to it. When kids start coming he won't have time to insult you again.

Nairaland is filled with unfortunate kids,i mean u wrote all those Gibberish down there,ogao

What a shame is that all you can say,dont you know from word

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by nifesi01(f): 8:09am On Jun 17, 2017
PrickGetSize:

Does he show you love?

Hope you realize that insult mostly leads to punching?
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Jman06(m): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2017
joceey:
This is just the beginning of your unhappiness marriage life immediately after marriage na public embarrassment and beating you go they receive and am sure that this your man na from the east cos it's common among those wey no go school....You better look before you leap
And the men from east don't go to school

Your stupidity is legendary!
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Intellad(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2017
while I love being beaten by my partner... different strokes sha.....
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Brunosamel(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2017
My dear, no marriage is perfect in the entire world trials and tribulation will come. I will never advice you to leave him becoz another lady will be ready to replace you at anytime without minding its outcome. Find his weak spots and use it against him but never you challenge him cus he has more advantages than you do. That's the fact Men and women can't be 100% equal more especially in marriage.
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by PresVA: 8:24am On Jun 17, 2017
PrickGetSize:

Does he show you love?

What an advice. . and it got over 100likes .. smh
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by sassy01(f): 8:26am On Jun 17, 2017
Jman06:
And the men from east don't go to school

Your stupidity is legendary!

lols

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Anextin(f): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2017
are u seriously considering marryin`g some
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by pokipoki: 8:33am On Jun 17, 2017
PrickGetSize:

Does he show you love?

I guess you have not heard of emotional torture. If you don't know, it's more difficult for women to bear than hardship itself. Why would you advise her to insult her husband back? What if he gets physical? You will advice her to get physical too? Marriage is not by force!!!
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by carlarock: 8:37am On Jun 17, 2017
My sister please leave the relationship, is going to be hard but is the best thing to do. It is better you have a broken relationship (courtship) than having a broken marriage. Whatever you face now, expect 100% or more of it in marriage. Leave before you find yourself in a situationship. My two kobo
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Tobiloba84: 8:40am On Jun 17, 2017
tosyne2much:

you would have made a lot of sense if you chose your words wisely and if you werent inappropriately blunt
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by amokeme(f): 8:46am On Jun 17, 2017
Humility017:

well said...pride is one common traits wit people
it takes a humility to change...and one good thing about humble people they won't insult someone in such manner......
amokeme@ you're beautiful though from yr pic

Thank you...
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by amokeme(f): 8:46am On Jun 17, 2017
WellEndowed:

It is going physical, trust me
Exactly
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by tosyne2much(m): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2017
kidaby:

While I have no problem with your first paragraph, you may need to tone it down a bit in the second one. First, its not only men who are richer than their wives that abuse them. We have such men across all classes of race, religion and financial class. Because you are broke does not make you a good man nor does it mean you will appreciate your wife more. And while I don't support gold digging or marrying a man just for money without considering other things like his character and upbringing, a woman does not have to be insulted because er husband is richer than her or she's financially dependent on him.

You cannot copy the west in the parts that suit you alone. How many of you Nigerian men can share house chores with your wife? Since she's bringing in the same as you. In some families where both spouses are working, one sometimes stops due to the demanding nature of their work to have more time for the kids, could be the father or mother. Even some couples abroad make this decision and decide to live on a single income while bringing up children in a good manner.

Also, a woman can decide to be a full time housewife, part time housewife or a full career woman, she doesn't deserve to be insulted as long as this decision is made with her partner. At the end of the day, what works for family A is different from what works for family B.

I agree with your suggestion to the OP though, one has to be really careful, so you don't rush out of the marriage later.
You've said it all. One should be very careful
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by Tobiloba84: 8:48am On Jun 17, 2017
habeny:
Habeny as much as I wish you the best, this is a clear sign the dude is potential woman beater, delay the marriage because of it, let him know he wont find things easy if he cant change, damn what people say about the wedding, your marriage is what matters
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by tosyne2much(m): 8:50am On Jun 17, 2017
Tobiloba84:
you would have made a lot of sense if you chose your words wisely and if you werent inappropriately blunt
I will be subtle in expressing myself next time.. Pardon me on this cheesy
Re: My Fiancé Verbally Insults Me Always by sassy01(f): 8:53am On Jun 17, 2017
that is a red light you are seeing o.. maybe after praying for God to tell u if he is ur husband, that is a sign my sister. two options, its either u quit now using that as ur point, or u stay and program ur mind that what you r seeing now can not be avoided in d future ..not advisable, marriage is for better for worst o and it is for a life time. if u accept his act that cannot be changed now, u have accepted it for ur life time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Woman Marries And Has A Daughter With A Severely Disabled Husband / 7 Things Nigerian Ladies Do If They Dont Like You / Why Do Men In Their Late Thirties And Early Forties Easily Say "NO" To Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.