Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (31287 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Lady Says – Women Need Men More Than Men Need Them / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Hotshawarma(m): 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

I never said money equates intelligence. I said being financially successful is indicative of intelligence. And yes it is. Money isn't easy to get. Only someone who is intelligent can get it. And by intelligence, I don't mean memorizing data and writing an exam. I mean being able to utilize acquired knowledge and inherent skills in solving real problems. Dino Malaye is an intelligent man. Obviously.

anyone that reads this and is still arguing with you must be someone who is ready to roam with a pig on the floor....many yahoo boys are financially successful and they make bastard money,ritualist have plenty money too so people like you outside will see them in their cars and the first impression u will have is that they must be intelligent for them to have made such money,those that are ritualist are intelligent too ba??dumbest post I have read this year on the Internet...and what makes you think Dino melaye is an intelligent man??because he is rich??do you know how many millions of Naira they embezzle??so because they embezzle money and become rich means they are intelligent??and hope you know that broke is relative??someone u think is rich might be broke to another person and someone u think is broke might be rich to another person.....so u have no moral right to call anyone "broke"besides in my own standards you are a broke lady too because am very sure u do not have at least ten million Naira in your account,so successful men should not date people like you because you are of low standards since they consider someone with less than ten million Naira as broke??how does that sound to youand you talking about a lady not dating anyone that earns less than her that means if for example you are a lady you get lucky and become the CEO of a very big company and you are extremely rich so if you see a guy who is very rich too you will say you won't date him because he earns less than you??even though he is very rich??then is either u are looking for old men like dangote or maybe you believe you cannot be very rich so it will be easier for u to date someone that is richer than you.....

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by nobleblood: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Working ladies and class consciouseness.

Don't have time for women who are high on small paychecks.

If I sit with you for five minutes and you sum me up
On this basics..then sorry! Your not my type!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

So if a woman has financial standards, she should now lower it for some guy because of what? What does the guy have to offer that more financially bouyant and ambitious men don't have? Is it by force to date somebori? It's not like she sees men as lower status, it's just that she can't date them. Shikena. Is it your life? Is it not her life?
Most wealthy men are ambitious, intelligent, well informed and successful, and when they marry, they marry equally intelligent, ambitious, well informed and successful women. Stop watching Nollywood movies and engage with reality.

Oh please. It's not only the women who marry rich men that suffer domestic abuse. Women who are married to broke men also suffer domestic abuse. Domestic violence occurs across all boards.

Lolzzz. Sorry to say this but you are so ignorant about reality. Who told you white women aren't concerned about financial status? How many white women do you know? There are women of different races who have financial standards, and so can't settle for less. And they have the right to. Instead of complaining and abusing them, why don't you strive to be financially successful so you can meet the standards of most women?
you know nothing about wealth and how it comes. No be by book ooo. It's by God's grace. Thats if you believe in him. He is the only one that gives power to get wealth. I am nt here to preach for you to settle below your standards or force you to date "somebori". I will only advise you relate with females that are older than you, successful themselves and married to successful men. You will learn and tell things differently.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Allwility: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.

When I noticed I was about attaining my present financial status, I said this prayer: "Dear Lord, please don't allow money change me".

The Good Lord knows with that prayer comes my desire never to be arrogant or look down on people. I'm glad today I don't judge people based on their social status, financial prowess, academic background, race or sexual orientation but on the content of their character.

Ladies that are financially buoyant need do the same. We are never poor or disadvantaged but when it's your time to 'hammer', you'd realize we've all got what it takes to shine.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by octopusfreaky(f): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Y'all need to read this Late Pst Myles Munroe book on understanding power and purpose of men

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Cogent: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hmmm, gender wars....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by jbnm: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
madam we don hear u!
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Maj196(m): 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
U've made valid points op. It's best to swing with one's class but always let love be d priority first ur class might become broke 2mao and d lower class guy might become richer. Be wise
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op is your typical Nigerian chick whose life revolves around money.

End of.

She is attracted to the perception and trappings of financial success.

Nothing else matters to her in her choice of a mate.

She believes money ticks all the boxes in male desirability

Like greyboy5000 has noted, this is the sort of chick that will marry an Evans in a jiffy.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Bottom line: you are free to date whoever you like.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by sholaypompon(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
This op been trying to justify her point with a very long epistles.. haabaaa !!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by zainmaxwell(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
op don go bleep forkboys nd she sound like slaymama abeg op only a broke person knws dia people
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I think it was clear. True success is not accidental. It's a convergence of several variables: diligence, intelligence, discipline, drive, focus, and a bit of luck too. These are all desirable qualities in a potential mate (or even just friends). And people who exhibit these traits eventually become successful. Money follows naturally.

Now you might want to throw people like Melaye into the category of successful men, but I don't think he cuts it. He might be wealthy, yes, but how did he get there? We all know that most of these politicians are thieves who have nothing to contribute except the cash. A man who has built himself into a success at his legitimate field may not have the stupid cash these politicians throw around, but he would have a bank of lessons learned, and the character that he's honed over the time it took to get his wealth. It's durable.

The post is not implying that if a man runs into some bad luck, a woman should leave him. It simply suggests that consistent failures should be looked at critically because they may be as a result of a series of bad decisions which may prove a level of indiscipline, immaturity, or laziness. These qualities have ways of affecting a relationship negatively too. And yes, guys are also free to make such inferences.

whilst you made a lot of sense, the bolded might not be true. Success is a measure of how many times you have failed. Ask men that run successful enterprises today, they will tell you. There is a popular inventor that saying by an inventor " I didn't fail 1000 times, I just found 1000 ways that were not right". Truth is he failed and learned from it. Again, many of you tend to leave this God factor. There are a thousand and one first class graduates in Nigeria that are diligent, focused like you said but they are still struggling. We should come to judgemental.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by kibra4u(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.

Why wont the so called lazy ass lady go and hustle to make her own money, why depend on a man for your financial needs. Most ladies are just bunch of scamers worse than yahoo yahoo......Shior undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by hucienda: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
Well the OP put her argument across factually and intellectually with strong points.

I agree she has a point, but I feel she's a bit extreme in some areas for example leaving a smart young man who's still not gotten to uhuru and shrieked 'Eureka!' on financial issues after repeated attempts (come on ladies, what happened to [some good ol'] luv? grin) All in all, we have our standards and know what want - male and female. So try make your choice before the sample size of desirables dwindles with the passage of time.

In other news, we get intelligent ladies for here. See clarity and sense of direction for the write up and the follow up. However, one issue I think some of such ladies (well, some smart guys too) have is humility - ee no easy to sabi and yet not act snobbish, overbearing and raise your shoulders skywards.

To the articulate ladies - and gents - in the house ...
#ChapeauBas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
blackberlin:
This is exactly the problem with some ladies. Once they begin making some peanuts, they believe any guy earning less than them is of a lower status, unless they're desperate to get married cos their female clock is ticking. Whereas a man can be as rich as Mike Adenuga and still chose to settle with a peniless village girl because of love.

my guy I.follow think am o.because if na man.case dem go call am love, but if na woman's case e go turn foolishness or the woman dey irrational. SO I HAVE THIS SLOGAN:TRY TO BE RICH,AND WHEN YOU GET RICH GO OUT THERE AND MARRY AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO IS ALSO RICH.Because in this my country Nigeria, 90% of our women today are hoes. Money for hand back for ground.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by cristianisraeli: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

nigerian girls with their headache..they expect u to be the boyfriend and father at the same time..its always about money money money...if the money finish now una go run..if the man go do evans or huspuppi when kasala burst una go run.let us know when u catch that E money..truth is nigerian girls too get wahala..guys try dating any other lady any african country..u will understand what i mean

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by einsteine(m): 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lol @ topic.

Everybody can choose whom they want to date or marry, broke or not.

It is one thing to claim you would only date men of a certain financial standard, it's another thing for those men to be interested in you.

The dating market would sort itself out. Those who deserve rich spouses would get them.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
Anytime you are free just visit power must change hand program organize by mfm first Saturday of every month. So you see single women doctors, lawyers, CEO with Acura, Venza cars looking for husband trooping in. Continue...
Perhaps you don dey make small bread in they enta your head lol...

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by memnon37(m): 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2017
hibiscus76:
as much as money is very necessary to a relationship, love matters too

orientation goals....a man is a rocket a woman is its fuel

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by pendragon35(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
Hotshawarma:
anyone that reads this and is still arguing with you must be someone who is ready to roam with a pig on the floor....many yahoo boys are financially successful and they make bastard money,ritualist have plenty money too so people like you outside will see them in their cars and the first impression u will have is that they must be intelligent for them to have made such money,those that are ritualist are intelligent too ba??dumbest post I have read this year on the Internet...and what makes you think Dino melaye is an intelligent man??because he is rich??do you know how many millions of Naira they embezzle??so because they embezzle money and become rich means they are intelligent??and hope you know that broke is relative??someone u think is rich might be broke to another person and someone u think is broke might be rich to another person.....so u have no moral right to call anyone "broke"besides in my own standards you are a broke lady too because am very sure u do not have at least ten million Naira in your account,so successful men should not date people like you because you are of low standards since they consider someone with less than ten million Naira as broke??how does that sound to youand you talking about a lady not dating anyone that earns less than her that means if for example you are a lady you get lucky and become the CEO of a very big company and you are extremely rich so if you see a guy who is very rich too you will say you won't date him because he earns less than you??even though he is very rich??then is either u are looking for old men like dangote or maybe you believe you cannot be very rich so it will be easier for u to date someone that is richer than you.....

Most intelligent comment!
This why yahoo boys use them for rituals after we be suffering our palms to type Rip.
Africans(women)we still have a long way to go.........

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

I used Mike Adenuga because that's the example used by the person I quoted. (Was it you?). I don't know how you qualify intelligence. It is not the ability to speak good English or hold a conversation in politics or whatever. It's a capacity for aptitude. And a person who is successful at something must have mastered something to an excellent level. That shows intelligence.

I equate financial reward to successful enterprise. And successful enterprise is dependent on several variables (diligence, discipline, drive, etc) including intelligence.

But like I said in my earlier post (was it to you?) some people get rich by dubious means and that's not the class of men I'm referring to.
you may need to gain more knowledge before you make assumptions. Mike or dangote aren't just successful because they are inteligent. They are successful because they have been able to attract honest and good people to build their businesses. A single fellow can ruin you. Like I told you, life teaches it's lesson. When you want to talk success, it will be fair for you to leave intelligence and some of those things you mentioned. Experience is key in any process. Ability to learn from one's lesson and learn from failure over and over. All of these has nothing to do with intelligence.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Olamid234(m): 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by ashawopikin(m): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

story story

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Olamid234(m): 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op, very well written write up but unfortunately, this is the wrong forum to post this on. These smelly NL BOYS(emphasis on boys) do not have the mental capacity to understand and assimilate your points. Any "anti-broke guy" post or any topic relating to being financially buoyant will always hit multiple nerves because they are reminded of how wretched, idle and useless they are, no matter how you put it. This is supposed to open their eyes to embrace hard work and hustle harder but no, their filthy egos have been wounded because you dare remind them of their broke status grin

Watch as the people I'm referring to quote me to say their mama's shît grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by misano(m): 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

True talk sha... I agree...
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Gourdoinc(m): 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2017
small small girls everywhere. you haven't seen anything. my dear tomorrow is always pregnant. on a tree in season not all fruits ripen at the same time. it doesn't make one fruit better or sweeter than the other because they reopened differently. as someone who was born into very great wealth and later lost some of it. I have seen grace to grass, I have also seen grass to grace and one thing I know is that wealth and success is a visitor and only good luck and chance brings it to your home. nobody works harder than the truck pusher, amongst yahoo boys some have been on it for years and made no Kobo and a little boy joins tomorrow and gets a million dollars. everyone on earth will bear his or name. we might all look alike but will have different destinies. it's not completely based on intelligence or hard work.

God gives life and success to whom he pleases and when he pleases. the devil also takes from whom he pleases and when he pleases. if whom you love is rich today and successful thank God for that gift and pray the devil never remembers your family. if whom you love is currently broke, have faith that God will remember your family and bring wealth and devil will never see you.

genuine love an intention is everything. marriage and love is like a seed you plant and God and good luck twined with good destiny will water and nourish it and hopefully wealth and greatness will come.

wealth is meaningless when you have had it and seen something else. we have been there, up and down and today we moving up again and I have realised. Na God get every every. my efforts are just for man. if God no gree all your efforts shall be in vain. cheers

PS. lubyna, raggedyann

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
FelixFelicis:
This article is logical, but we all know that that something is logical doesn't make it right. OP you made your points and your points fully support your conclusion so you've a pass there for me.

I only can't help but wonder why comfortable guys don't go about searching for a lady of their class, or a financial level or a qualification level. It's just like it's a Jinx for comfortable and uncomfortable ladies to frown at "broke" guys. Whereas guys will wife any lady they want, either if she's rich, broke as a result of been visionless or been lazy, whatever her status may be.

It's a confused world out here men...
true relationship is not always about the other person. It's about self. Having this understanding that one is there to make the other party a better person. When ladies see this, they will attract the right guy. It's always wrong to get into a relationship for personal gains. It's better when one understands all effort is to make the other person perfect. Child bearing inclusive. I think that's why men go for lesser status. I don't mean the ones that insult the lady with it.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by itsmeurLady(f): 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Most NL guys don't like seeing such post.... I don't know if mediocrity is the order of the day for most of them here

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by misano(m): 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
Op i want to believe you are intelligent to have created this thread, but your post simply signifies that you go into relationship only for money. Hence, you only see the financial benefit of been in a relationship.

Yes I know some ladies prefer ready made man because they want their man to be finacially stable. However you made some vauge assumption in your post

1) how do hell do you equate a man's finance to his intelligence, last time I checked Dino malaye waec result was notting to write home about yet he is richer than most doctors

2) you said it is justifiable if a lady leaves a man if he becomes broke, now what should the man do if it happens to the lady

Now I know some ladies will support the op but let us not insult the broke guy intelligence
Thanks as I anticipate your response

Ye... You made good points there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Rules To Make A Nigerian Lady Happy / "If I Cant Have You, Then No One Will" / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At A Bar And Event Centre (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.