Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (31283 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Lady Says – Women Need Men More Than Men Need Them / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
mapist:

grin...but, you ought to remember you/so called buoyant ladies were once broke before you started to make this money. Are you saying you/such ladies do not deserve intimate relationships with men at this point of your/their lives?
Lols. Rheotical I must say. It means university girls should date university boys and working class to working class. Thing is a man is the superior being in any relationship. He remains the leader. He ought to provide and cater. So, it's normal for a girl to want an advanced man. Where I have a problem is where these women will preach equality later in life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by mapist(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
The post bashes the male ego but, only the wise will take its positives and turn it to a source of motivation.

I, in all sincerest terms cant settle for a broke lady; you should bring sth to the table, no matter how small.

The post is a thought provoking one and very delicate, especially to a fragile mind.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000 keep em quite bro. Your first comment was sensible enough. I dont wanna say you hit the nail straight and sent it home coz they might come for me but.....YOU HIT THE NAIL STRAIGHT AND SENT IT HOME.

If I were a guy, I would use threads like these as notes to study

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by muller101(m): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op well done. Expired gold digger
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
jagugu88li:
greyboy5000 keep em quite bro. Your first comment was sensible enough. I dont wanna say you hit the nail straight and sent it home coz they might come for me but.....YOU HIT THE NAIL STRAIGHT AND SENT IT HOME.

thank you ma
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
itsmeurLady:

They haff come again oo...

Don't be rigid and narrow minded.

I was speaking out of context whilst schooling you on a basics.

Either for male or female, Beauty and brain depreciate. Hence, my surprise why you made them constant.

Ever heard of Alzheimer, PTSD, wrinkles...?

By the way, no one "haff" come again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nofuckgiven: 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
The rich know this rules. That is why they marry their class. Only few(1 out of 20) break the rules. As a woman never marry below your class (social/financial status) because probability of being happy is higher. Love alone doesn't make a marriage work. For those who believe it exists anyways. Unconditional love is a myth. Only God can love unconditionally,humans are too selfish for that. There is always a price to pay,sooner or later. Simple and short. undecided
PS. Men can also marry their class if they want. No one is stopping them. Stop hating on women who work hard and have decent jobs when they demand for certain standards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by misano(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
thanks bro at least we try wink

RESPECT...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by AZeD1(m): 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

You would find that the post alludes to the fact that the financial status of a man is indicative of certain attributes: intelligence, diligence, etc. this is the issue. I'm not running away from the issue. The money is a pointer to those qualities we've mentioned over an over. That's when you said Dino Melaye's money isn't pointing to any quality and I agreed that he didn't represent my interest group. I told you: financial reward = successful enterprise which in turn depends on said attributes. Bottom line: at the root of this isn't the money.
Lecturers and Soldiers are average financially all over the world(except they are into "runs"wink but you need intelligence and diligence to even have a sniff of success in those profession.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by SaulRazor: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Thanks sis. I am patiently waiting for the male refuters to arrive. grin

You tried to make sense but the truth is that the women you have talked about above never end up bagging those kind of men they are out for , they will always miss them and end up being the plaything of some successful chap or the miserably lonely...I am speaking from experience..A guy that is smart enough to get rich will never end up with that woman described above ..Take a look at all the women you share this perception with and tell me just one who has actually bagged a rich partner wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Daeylar(f): 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
majekdom2:
whilst it is good to have standards and expectations. Only a few ladies from average/low status would refuse a marriage proposal from adenuga or dangote's family. If you ask me, isn't that too high for the lady? See, we can always want to find a way to suit our sentiments, we all know what Op is talking about. My point remains Finance is a status and it can change positively or negatively. Personality/ character/ attitude/ reasoning is a being. It is unchangeable most times.

I think her point is that everyone has a choice to date who they want
I think we can agree on that?,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
there was no reason to break my post

Again I insist she has the right to choose what ever she likes but she should not insult anyone to make her self feel better

Mind you I am not doing this because I am broke, so no she didn't insult mm, neither did I feel offended
I responded to her post cause she made some vauge assumption

And yes you keep bringing back the money whenever it siuts your argument

And I have also pointed other attributes of a guy willing to make it like intelligence and deligence, you can do your self a favour by going through our arguments again

Now I don't like to dance around the same issue please

Alright, let's not.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
jagugu88li:

If I were a guy, I would use threads like these as notes to study
Your outlook says it all. Your eyes look like mosquitoes. What do you have to offer to a man except pussy. Tell me?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Daeylar(f): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Abeg leave the girl. Hers is the mentality of a person who has probably endured great poverty early in life and does not wish to go back.
We need to ask if material wealth was the reason her mother agreed to her Fathers marriage proposal
This is a really fu..kd up generation
@Lubyana and @RaggedyAnn, @Daeylar @Nahzyla marry for compatibility and love. Not money. The path you are treading is not discernible from that of a gold digger.

Thanks for the advice, Where did I ever say I would marry for money?
Please don't misinterpret my statements

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by yhemster(m): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Great4God:
Any man that knows His onion, that knows where He is heading to should not take it personal when a woman says no to His feelings based on His financial standing. It is expected to motivate you to achieve higher things, anytime a woman says no to me with the impression that I am not capable enough, It pushes me the more to achieve, I always take that as a challenge. I had an experience when I was much younger, a girl I had a strong feelings for told me plainly that I wasn't up to her standard then, I didn't take it out with her, I didn't hate or abuse her, but I simply told myself that I would be back for her,yes after 3 years,I was ready for her and She couldn't stand me again, my capacity, my intelligence, she lacked confidence where I was.I have a deep respect for any woman that knows and defines what she wants,it is never a crime, In life, while we are grateful to people who opened their doors for us, we should also be grateful to those that closed their doors to our face,they contributed to the success we attain in this life,that is only when you are passionate enough to succeed. If a woman ignores you because you don't have a car, it is not bad,She needs a guy with a car for convenience,all she told you was to go get a car and when you do,no be you go enjoy am

Sir, taking a woman's rejection as a challenge to succeed simply means you're not dreaming big enough. If a woman rejects me for any reason, I see it as her loss.
I've always tell my friends, if a woman rejects you simply cos of ur current situation, such woman isn't meant for you in the first place. This life it's self is an understanding. And this conversation still leads us to the issues of impressing women for acceptance. My bro, wealthy men go broke too, based on their investment exposure. So my thing is this, a woman you have to impress to accept you, will definitely abandon you when you're down.
It's unfortunate that in this part of the world, men lives for women.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2017
Great4God:
Any man that knows His onion, that knows where He is heading to should not take it personal when a woman says no to His feelings based on His financial standing. It is expected to motivate you to achieve higher things, anytime a woman says no to me with the impression that I am not capable enough, It pushes me the more to achieve, I always take that as a challenge. I had an experience when I was much younger, a girl I had a strong feelings for told me plainly that I wasn't up to her standard then, I didn't take it out with her, I didn't hate or abuse her, but I simply told myself that I would be back for her,yes after 3 years,I was ready for her and She couldn't stand me again, my capacity, my intelligence, she lacked confidence where I was.I have a deep respect for any woman that knows and defines what she wants,it is never a crime, In life, while we are grateful to people who opened their doors for us, we should also be grateful to those that closed their doors to our face,they contributed to the success we attain in this life,that is only when you are passionate enough to succeed. If a woman ignores you because you don't have a car, it is not bad,She needs a guy with a car for convenience,all she told you was to go get a car and when you do,no be you go enjoy am
we all have different understanding. Whilst there are loads of boxes to be ticked as you mentioned, Finance is just one. After 3 years, the lady you mentioned is still single. Will I say Life is not fair or her standard is beyond her?? The OP's emphasis is on finance whilst you mentioned other attribute. Summation of all the boxes should point to one thing and that is VALUE. A man's VALUES should attract a woman VALUES regardless age or race. I will always say, finance is just a status. Any lady's whose box is just finance will bring any successful man down.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
Daeylar:

I think her point is that everyone has a choice to date who they want
I think we can agree on that?,
everyone has that choice and most people know their right. No one will point a gun at you for dating who you wish to. You do not owe anyone explanations or reason. If that's are point then this thread is redundant.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
[/b]

Alright, let's not.
OK my sis grin
No hard feelings
Just a form of debate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
lefulefu:
i know this topic will turn to another broke thread war
......meanwhile

Lmao @yr pic. This is exactly what I'm doing right now
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by evexx1(f): 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op, perfectly said.

Thank you. smiley

You have my vote if you ever wanna run for president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by GuidoVanRossum: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
hibiscus76:
its a pity no one talks about Love anymore... marriage shouldn't be all about money oo OP..

Thanks dear.

I don't know why people feel one is less human for being broke. Even when I'm rich, I wouldn't want the type of this op for marriage. I don't pray I come across her type no matter the level of her wealth. If all rich girls have this kind of mentality, I better date broke girls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by itsmeurLady(f): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Secretario:

Don't be rigid and narrow minded.

I was speaking out of context whilst schooling you on a basics.

Either for male or female, Beauty and brain depreciate. Hence, my surprise why you made them constant.

Ever heard of Alzheimer, PTSD, wrinkles...?

By the way, no one "haff" come again.

Oga do u kno wat is stale Ur profile pic is stale and ur thought pattern is stale.... schooling me on a basics Who asked you to school me or won't u wait for me to ask first before u school me? Oversabi that's what u are and pls don't quote me again bcs I wasn't talking to u at first except u are obviously looking for cheap attention
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by evexx1(f): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
yhemster:

Sir, taking a woman's rejection as a challenge to succeed simply means you're not dreaming big enough. If a woman rejects me for any reason, I see it as her loss.
I've always tell my friends, if a woman rejects you simply cos of ur current situation, such woman isn't meant for you in the first place. This life it's self is an understanding. And this conversation still leads us to the issues of impressing women for acceptance. My bro, wealth men go broke too based on their investment exposure. So my thing is this, a woman you have to impress to accept you will definitely abandon you when you're down.
It's unfortunate that in this part of the world, men lives for women.

I already have a big reason to reject you, it is either your english is poor or you simply cannot type correctly.

It is a huge turn off for me. Enjoy smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by evexx1(f): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
GuidoVanRossum:

Thanks dear.

I don't know why people feel one is less human for being broke. Even when I'm rich, I wouldn't want the type of this op for marriage. I don't pray I come across her type no matter the level of her wealth. If all rich girls have this kind of mentality, I better date broke girls.

Well best of luck then. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by itsmeurLady(f): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
mapist:
The post bashes the male ego but, only the wise will take its positives and turn it to a source of motivation.

I, in all sincerest terms cant settle for a broke lady; you should bring sth to the table, no matter how small.

The post is a thought provoking one and very delicate, especially to a fragile mind.

Does this guy have seven head? When u see matured and responsible guys, ud kno by their comments not some 50 mb guys typing trash and expecting ppl to fall for their trash... D 50 mb guys will quote me nah buh I'm sha waiting

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Oga do u kno wat is stale Ur profile pic is stale and ur thought pattern is stale.... schooling me on a basics Who asked you to school me or won't u wait for me to ask first before u school me? Oversabi that's what u are and pls don't quote me again bcs I wasn't talking to u at first except u are obviously looking for cheap attention

Why are you so sad and toxic?

Good thing you can actually see stale things, so now you know that most things cannot remain a constant but must surely go stale.

You need to find a better outlet for your sadness and pain, I can sense it.

Have a pleasant day.

Respect!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
DeeTus:
I am not in Abuja now. Who is Bubu?

Buhari...

Great..how about the dad shopping for an in-law for his daughter...yu got won over
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
nahzyla:

Thank God for the unbiased ones.
Honestly many nairaland men have issues. they start threads talking about how women should behave in order to get married early. how they should not depend on a guy for any thing but be ambitious and provide alongside their husbands. This thread is basically turning the tables saying women also deserve ambitious guys that can provide equally like their wives and they are here foaming at the mouth and insulting women like crazed lunatics.
it's not about Men. It is about the society we all have found ourselves. Thus the reason for the post. In an economy where the govt can provide 3 square meals for you and have everything going the way you want, won't you perhaps date someone you "love". In Nigeria, opposite is the case. Many are dating for selfish reasons just to survive. You can count the number of men on this thread that won't say yes to a woman richer/older than them. We have a social problem and Op's post is not addressing that in anyway. Everyone has right to date whoever they like nobody said no. Check deeply, we all know the point Op is making.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
AZeD1:

Lecturers and Soldiers are average financially all over the world(except they are into "runs"wink but you need intelligence and diligence to even have a sniff of success in those profession.

I'm afraid of launching into another lengthy conversation, and I so want to avoid that. So I'll avoid generalizations and speak for myself only (which you should have the decency not to argue with, since you don't know me): the point isn't to marry someone who is filthy rich. The diligence that has made successes out of the lecturer and the career soldier has liberated them financially. They're not broke and financially desperate. Not everyone will live six months on a yacht and bathe in champagne.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by imustsaymymindo: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

The post is not implying that if a man runs into some bad luck, a woman should leave him. It simply suggests that consistent failures should be looked at critically because they may be as a result of a series of bad decisions which may prove a level of indiscipline, immaturity, or laziness. These qualities have ways of affecting a relationship negatively too. And yes, guys are also free to make such inferences.

Consistent failures might not mean what you stated above.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by itsmeurLady(f): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
Secretario:

Why are you so sad and toxic?

Good thing you can actually see stale things, so now you know that most things cannot remain a constant but must surely go stale.

You need to find a better outlet for your sadness and pain, I can sense it.

Have a pleasant day.

Respect!

See pot calling kettle black... u started by pouring out ur negativity on my comments and now I'm the sad and toxic one Dayummmm, Nigga u need to check yourself!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
imustsaymymindo:

Consistent failures might not mean what you stated above.

You're free to add to the list of possible causes, it's far from exhaustive. The point is it should be analyzed.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Rules To Make A Nigerian Lady Happy / "If I Cant Have You, Then No One Will" / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At A Bar And Event Centre (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.