Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price (25236 Views)

Man Unknowingly Took His Fiancée To Hotel / When Your Fiancée Is Ashamed Of Her Buttocks Size / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Temidayo9(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mynd44:
I will be marrying because I love and want to spend the rest of my life with the woman.

Children are an addition; no compulsory. If children come, fine, if not, I am totally okay so saying someone should get pregnant before marriage is just crap.
Since you never married, you don't know how it will look like to have a tree without fruit.
Bible said : children re the heritage of the lord.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mynd44:
I will be marrying because I love and want to spend the rest of my life with the woman.

Children are an addition; no compulsory. If children come, fine, if not, I am totally okay so saying someone should get pregnant before marriage is just crap.

Repeat this statement 10 years after marriage

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Icecream4U(m): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
monsterseo:
So what now happens to no sex before marriage that we were said to adhere to
Who are the "we"?

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Empiree: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mynd44:

If this is how your mum will act, good.

Not everyone has parents that act like this
Lol...dont take it personal. My post was rather conventional as commonly known amongst nigerian mums. You no dey watch them on tv how they victimize their daughter in-laws over this?
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Temidayo9(m): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
nedu2000:
but will a club buy a player that is permanently injured?
Or player that has never score goal in his career lifetime
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Does passing medical check up guarantee your Ability on the field undecided

Di maria no pass Man utd medicals

Sanogo nko

a footballer's abilities on the fields are not in question (as no footballers would ever be approached if he was crap) but even the best of the best like Neymar had a medical check up before joining PSG.

any woman can become a wife (duh), but only a healthy one can become a MOTHER... which is what is important to these guys.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Mynd44: 4:56pm On Aug 15, 2017
Temidayo9:

Since you never married, you don't know how it will look like to have a tree without fruit.
Bible said : children re the heritage of the lord.

Tell this to a non Christian.

What is your point again?
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Mynd44: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Empiree:
Lol...dont take it personal. My post was rather conventional as commonly known amongst nigerian mums. You no dey watch them on tv how they victimize their daughter in-laws over this?
Victimize wives or men who dont cant seem to draw the line between their parents and wife.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Icecream4U(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
pocohantas:

They are never sterile grin grin grin

How are you sure it's not your uncle's wife that's waiting?
Actually, They are both waiting...

If I can't have a child then, I shouldn't be married. That's my own o!

I just can't stand the feelings of not seeing those little boys and girls playing around me, scattering the house and annoying me sometimes.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
LordKO:
Mind games is for small-mined people. What if she took in and after you paid her pride price she has miscarriage? Personally, if I cannot place absolute confidence in you then, I have no reason having you as a wife.

I have no reason to marry someone I don't love. The word love is meaningless on its own without its constituents: fancy, honesty, respect, faithfulness etc. So, before I say I love you, I must have found you worthy of these attributes and as such I can stand firmly for you in all conditions, either for good or bad.

Such scenario happened to a colleague. Her fiance got her pregnant, until belle reach 6months, before he paid her bride price, with church wedding. On the 7th month, she had a miscarriage. She had to be operated on through CS. The baby didnt survive, her fiance now husband is so bitter.
He stopped checking up on her in the hospital until she was discharged. He called his sister to go keep his wife company and he needs to travel for buisness.

They all know he is so unhappy with all the Monies he spent making the wedding come through.

Just too bad.

Is that love?
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by muller101(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mynd44:

only if pressure from parents and relatives are not forth coming. In some homes if pikin no come u don die be that o
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by jericco1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
Never
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by muller101(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
I only need baby mama that's all.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by chiamaka4g: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
Who caused the damaged womb? Men like you and you definitely sound like one who have pushed young women into abortion.
MrBrownJay1:
with so many women out there with damaged womb or infertile, no wonder some men think this way... but we can also understand that this narrow minded man's reason for getting married is CHILDREN, and certainly not the desire to spend the rest of his natural life with his loving partner... but then again, since so many women are desperate to be called Mrs, at all cost, i am sure many will go down with such nonsense!

to each their own misery!
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Temidayo9(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mynd44:

Tell this to a non Christian.

What is your point again?
Does it mean God is only for Christians?.
What is not in the capacity of mankind is how the pregnancy form in the womb.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Ngokafor(f): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
pocohantas:

I don't know what's more repulsive, their ignorance or the way they pride in it.

Going by their views on childlessness, I am convinced so many men of old, fathered another man's child. Knowing the fault would be hers, the women would go test their own fertility outside.

They don't know. They won't read...

Its a serious issue..An older male cousin of mine has one child,a girl who is about 12years old..The last time i was in Abuja,i spent some time in their home,only for his wife to confide in me with tears in her eyes that they rarely make love anymore..He touches her once in a years in the last three years..Those times were nothing to write home about cos he manhood was borderline flaccid the whole time.

She has tried all sorts to make him come around and tell her what the problem is...They had gone to see a doc last year only for him to be diagonised with extremely low sperm count..Now the problem is not the low sperm count,but his complete disinterest in doing something about it..He hardly takes the drugs his wife runs around to get for him..yet from all indications,he wants more children as well.

She says she knows people think the problem is with her..some pastors keeps telling her to fast and pray for more Children,but she wonders if its possible to get pregnant without her husband sleeping with her..She wonders how long she can hold up cos she is too young to live like that(she is 37)

I felt so bad for her and my cousin as well..really sad.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Empiree: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mynd44:

Vitimize wives of men who dont cant seem to draw the line between their parents and wife.
Now you begin to sound funny. If your mum understands, fine. Not really particular about her. Most mothers, if you try to interfere and curb her, yourself will pay the price. She go threaten you that she go go naked and swear for you cheesy grin grin if you dont get another wife grin grin grin grin

She go tell you your wife don wash her private area in your food cheesy cheesy and you ate it
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by LordKO(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
alexialin:

Such scenario happened to a colleague. Her fiance got her pregnant, until belle reach 6months, before he paid her bride price, with church wedding. On the 7th month, she had a miscarriage. She had to be operated on through CS. The baby didnt survive, her fiance now husband is so bitter.
He stopped checking up on her in the hospital until she was discharged. He called his sister to go keep his wife company and he needs to travel for buisness.

They all know he is so unhappy with all the Monies he spent making the wedding come through.

Just too bad.

Is that love?

That's ironical. His action showed that he was hypocritically disingenuous with whatever love he professed to her from the inception of their relationship. As I said earlier herein, mind games is only for small-minded people.

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Ngokafor(f): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
Martin0:

Mehn this Ngokafor eh na wa oogrin

What did i do?
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Temidayo9(m): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mynd44:

Thanks. Children can come from anywhere. Doesnt have to be your biological children
Are you currently married?
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Skillfullulu(m): 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
kuchikau1:
no mind am
Shey no be human being him be?
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Skillfullulu(m): 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Temidayo9:

Are you currently married?
answer us o
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
chiamaka4g:
Who caused the damaged womb? Men like you and you definitely sound like one who have pushed young women into abortion.

but of course, because i FORCED these women into having unprotected sex with me, and also FORCED them into not taking the morning after pill... and later FORCED them to go see some quack doctor to have abortions, right?!

ARRANT NONSENSE from deluded women! if a babe has a damaged womb then SHE (and only she) is solely to be blamed for that.
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by SydneyBrown(f): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2017
Thats absurd.....it doesn't make sense at all ��
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Martin0(m): 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
Ngokafor:

What did i do?
You finish matter oooo,even lefulefu come note am down..
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Ngokafor(f): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
Martin0:

You finish matter oooo,even lefulefu come note am down..

smiley wink
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Pearllait(f): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
LordKO:
Mind games is for small-mined people. What if she took in and after you paid her pride price she has miscarriage? Personally, if I cannot place absolute confidence in you then, I have no reason having you as a wife.

I have no reason to marry someone I don't love. The word love is meaningless on its own without its constituents: fancy, honesty, respect, faithfulness etc. So, before I say I love you, I must have found you worthy of these attributes and as such I can stand firmly for you in all conditions, either for good or bad.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY....

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
last time I checked children were a gift from God . why ask her to marry you if you still going to wait for her to reproduce before marrying her ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Femsyn(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
I take it that some us here are either biased, selfish or basically ignorant. Yes! Children are one of the blessings of marriage, but you cannot get your would be spouse pregnant first before marriage just to confirm if she's fertile or not.

I will state some scenarios that negate this common practice among relationships nowadays.

1. Highlighting your quest for children says a lot about how much you value your so-called spouse and marriage.

2. Like others have opined, miscarriage, spontaneous abortion, still births can still occur after pregnancy.

3. Pregnancy is not achieved by the contribution of the egg and a viable womb alone, it also requires a viable sperm and penis.

4. You can both be certified OK by medical practitioners and still not be able to conceive.

5. You can have your children, but not grow old with them. Still ends as barreness.

6. You can have the children and not enjoy them for one day. Havent you heard parents say "it would've been better being barren than have these children"?

7. Virginity or sexual purity does not guarantee conception, neither does serial abortion guarantee barreness.

There are much more scenarios that negate this unpopular practice, but I will stop here.

Bottom line, you can't play God!
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by bentuzene(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
Once she's married I pay all I must... No comma just marriage.

Must I wait?
Can't I Adopt?

It's only people who have fears that do that tho!
Re: Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

but of course, because i FORCED these women into having unprotected sex with me, and also FORCED them into not taking the morning after pill... and later FORCED them to go see some quack doctor to have abortions, right?!

ARRANT NONSENSE from deluded women! if a babe has a damaged womb then SHE (and only she) is solely to be blamed for that.

Those very same morning after pills are not good for women .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences / Funny Facts About Girls/women....(pics) / My Cousin Had Sex With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.