Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

The Word For Today - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today (30412 Views)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 / The Word For Today, Tuesday, 29th August, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:18am On Nov 08, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KNOW YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE

Thursday, 8th November, 2018

'For we are...created...for good works.' Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

The Bible says God 'made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing' (Ephesians 2:10 NCV). Before you decide on a career or what you'll devote your life to, seek God for guidance. Nothing can take the place of knowing his will. If you don't know his will, you could spend your life doing unfulfilling things. And even if you're well-paid, you'll experience an emptiness and lack of fulfilment within.Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl, a Nazi death camp survivor, said: 'Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life...a concrete assignment that demands fulfilment. Therein he cannot be replaced...everyone's task is as unique as his specific opportunity.' God created you for a specific purpose. Your responsibility (and your joy) is to identify it.Here are four questions to ask yourself when it comes to identifying your life's purpose: (1) What am I searching for? All of us have a strong desire in our hearts; something that speaks to our deepest thoughts, longings, and feelings; something that sets our souls on fire. (2) Why was I created? Think about your unique mix of abilities, the relationships and resources available to you, your personal history and the opportunities around you. These are all directional signposts. (3) Do I believe in my potential? One leadership expert says, 'No one can consistently act in a manner that is inconsistent with the way he or she sees themselves.' (4) When should I start? The answer to that question is 'Now!'

Soulfood: Is 53-57 Jn 8:42-59 Ps 123 Pro 29:1-3.

Credit: Grace So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE WINNING ATTITUDE

Thursday, 15 November, 2018

'You armed me with strength for battle.' Psalm 18:39 NIV

Each of us is fighting a battle of some kind. Our battles come in many different varieties but we can overcome them - with faith in God that refuses to quit! One person with many struggles in life was David, and he understood the importance of maintaining the right perspective. He said, 'You armed me with strength for battle' (Psalm 18:39 NIV).The grace you receive from God will always be equal to the challenges you face. Always! Did you know that Lord Nelson, England's famous hero of the sea, suffered from seasickness all his life? Yet this man who sank Napoleon's fleet refused to let his personal struggles rob him of his destiny. He not only learned to live with his weakness, but to conquer it every day. All of us have our battlegrounds. And while nobody pins a medal on us for winning, nothing can diminish the satisfaction of knowing we didn't quit, or the joy of knowing we overcame by God's strength. Whose strength? God's! 'You armed me with strength for battle.'The story's told of a little boy who lost his right hand in an accident. When the doctor questioned him about his handicap, he replied, 'I don't have a handicap; I just don't have a right hand!' Later the doctor discovered the boy had gone on to become one of the leading scorers on his high school basketball team. His philosophy in life was: it's not what you've lost but what you have left that counts! That's the winning attitude, and with God's help you can develop it.

Soulfood: Rom 9:17-11:36 Jn 10:22-42 Ps 83:9-18 Pro 29:23-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GIANT KILLERS 1

Friday, 16th November, 2018

'So David conquered the Philistine giant.' 1 Samuel 17:50 TLB

First Samuel chapter 17 is the backdrop for the story of David and Goliath. The shepherd slays the warrior. The boy conquers the giant. God gives David victory over his giant, to inspire us to confront our own giants.Giants can be tangible or intangible: the things we can't overcome because, seduced by fear, we think we can't. They can also be unattainable goals, unfinished projects or unfulfilled dreams - the 'loose ends' of life that keep us mired in mediocrity. A giant is anything or anybody keeping you from being or doing what God wants you to be or do. Giants can be internal or external, real or imagined, physical or emotional. A giant could be an attitude, a habit, a belief, a philosophy or a memory. It could be a person who stands between you and God; between who you are and who God wants you to be; between where you are and where God wants you to go; between what you believe and what God wants you to believe. Giants have one goal - to stop your progress and prevent you from reaching your destiny.But giant-killers see victory in the shadow of defeat! They perceive every fight as a test where the challenge is to turn a negative into a positive. Conflict is accepted and resistance is expected. To them, conflict is growth, and overcoming an enemy is the prerequisite to promotion. Giants can expose our hidden strengths, be a measuring stick for our growth, and feed our confidence in God. Giant-killers see opportunity in opposition, potential in problems, and victory in the shadow of defeat. And with God's help you can become a giant-killer.

Soulfood: Rom 12-14 Jn 11:1-16 Ps 105:1-15 Pro 30:1-4.

Courtesy: Grace So Amazing Foundation

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:24am On Nov 17, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GIANT KILLERS 2

Saturday, 17th November, 2018

'If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones.' Luke 16:10 NLT

Observe: (1) Giant-killers don't start out as giant-killers! David was a meek musician, humble shepherd and overlooked son. Faithfulness was his advantage - faithfulness in his talent, faithfulness with his father's sheep, faithfulness to God. By becoming master over the small things, he became master over the large things. Faithfulness is a common characteristic of uncommon spiritual achievers. Matthew started as a tax collector; Peter as a fisherman; Elisha as a farmer; Jesus as a carpenter. Have you ever considered that Jesus spent more years as a carpenter than he did as a preacher? He was faithful in little things. God never called an inactive or non-productive person. Every candidate had started something before they became a giant-killer. Giant-killers don't start out as giant-killers...but giant-killers start!(2) Giant-killers know that the reward is always greater than the risk! Life rewards risk and action, but Satan will whisper words of fear and anxiety in your ears to minimise the reward and magnify the risk. Yet the truth remains, that 'God is a rewarder' of diligent seekers (see Hebrews 11:6). You must believe the promise is greater than the problem, the objective is greater than the objections, and God is greater than your giant. The belief that 'God is greater' is the essence of a faith that persists in the face of fear.Fear is Satan's weapon to paralyse you; faith is God's weapon to mobilise you. So depend on God, challenge the giant, and join the ranks of God's giant-killers.

Soulfood: Rom 15-16 Jn 11:17-27 Ps 8 Pro 30:5-6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GIANT KILLERS 3

Sunday, 18th November, 2018

'He picked up five smooth stones.' 1 Samuel 17:40 NLT

In David's day they fought 'by representation'. One man would fight for the nation as a whole, and the country of the losing warrior became subservient to the country of the conquering warrior. The upside is obvious, isn't it? Everybody didn't have to die! So David versus Goliath was really Israel against the Philistines. It was a one-on-one contest: winner takes all. We're familiar with David's victory over the giant with faith, one stone and a slingshot. Yet Scripture tells us he picked up not one, but 'five smooth stones'. Why? It wasn't a lack of faith - he knew that Goliath had four brothers.Observe: (1) Giant-killers realise that their giant represents greater issues. A giant never stands alone; behind him lie his causes. Overeating, addiction, abuse and anger are all driven and supported by other issues. Somewhere behind the obvious giant are his supportive brothers - pain, guilt, loss and shame. David was prepared with five stones - one for Goliath and one for each of his four brothers. What lies behind your giant? With God's help you can conquer both the giant and his support team.(2) Giant-killers are not overwhelmed by the challenges. Never allow your fears to overwhelm your faith. The Bible says that 'God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind' (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV). Fear will feed on the failures of the past, but you can't allow yesterday's failure to overwhelm today's faith. So take your failings; list them on a piece of paper and boldly print at the top of the page: 'Things I don't need to try again! Lesson learned.'

Soulfood: Dan 1:3-21 Dan 3:7-30 Dan 5:10-12 Dan 9:1-19.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:18am On Nov 19, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GIANT KILLERS 4

Monday, 19th November, 2018

'The Lord who rescued me...will rescue me.' 1 Samuel 17:37 NLT

David prevailed because he understood the power of past successes. He told King Saul, 'The Lord who rescued me from the...lion and the bear will rescue me from [the giant]' (1 Samuel 17:37 NLT).Observe: (1) Giant-killers build on past successes. A series of successes builds your momentum and allows you to find the mix of 'God-confidence' and 'self-confidence' necessary to make you unstoppable. 2 Samuel 3:1 says, 'Now there was a long war between the house of Saul and the house of David. But David grew stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul grew weaker and weaker' (NKJV). David understood that every time you put a win on the board, or an enemy under your feet, your confidence in God and yourself grows. So replay your past victories and trust the God who did it before to do it again. (2) Giant-killers create their own style. David couldn't wear Saul's armour - and you can't operate in someone else's gift. You have your own weapon, your own armour and your own style. You are uniquely equipped to conquer your giant. David conquered Goliath with a slingshot. Moses parted the Red Sea with a shepherd's staff. Paul conquered disease and demonic oppression with a handkerchief. For Simon Peter, power over sickness was released through his shadow, and many times, Jesus simply 'spoke the word'. Resist the urge to 'wear Saul's armour' and quietly wear the wardrobe that God has given you. Stay in your gifting. Stay in your anointing. Stay in your assignment.This winning combination of building on past successes and creating your own style leaves you exuding confidence and creativity, two of a giant-killer's secret weapons.

Soulfood: Ecc 1-4 Jn 11:28-37 Ps 50 Pro 30:7-10.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:01am On Nov 20, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEADER HERE'S GOD'S WAY

Tuesday, 20th November, 2018

'If you do this...you will be able to stand the strain.' Exodus 18:23 NIV

Why do we insist on doing everything ourselves?Three reasons: (1) We're afraid others won't do the job as well as we do. But how else are they going to learn? (2) We're afraid they will outshine us. The Bible says, 'In honour giving preference to one another' (Romans 12:10 NKJV). (3) We think God expects us personally to do it all. Moses' father-in-law told him: 'Listen now to me and I will give you some advice...You must be the people's representative before God and bring their disputes to him...But select capable men from all the people...and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens. Let them serve as judges for the people at all times, but let them bring every difficult case to you; the simple cases they can decide themselves. That will make your load lighter, because they will share it with you. If you do this and God so commands, you will be able to stand the strain, and all these people will go home satisfied' (Exodus 18:19-23 NIV).So evaluate what only you can do, and delegate what others can do. If the job's too big for you, take it as a sign that God is telling you, 'Don't try it alone!' That doesn't mean dump the work on just anybody. If you pair the wrong person with a job that makes no sense to them, disaster will ensue. You must: (1) find the right person; (2) give them the right job; (3) trust them to do the right thing. Do those three things and you'll live long enough to enjoy the fruits of your success.

Soulfood: Ecc 5-8 Jn 11:38-57 Ps 81 Pro 30:11-14.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:22am On Nov 21, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

ASK GOD TO USE YOU

Wednesday, 21st November, 2018

'Lydia...a merchant of expensive purple cloth...the Lord opened her heart, and she accepted what Paul was saying.' Acts 16:14 NLT

Lydia wasn't a preacher, she was a successful businesswoman won to Christ under Paul's ministry. As a result, her home became the first church building where believers met named in Scripture. Get rid of the idea that only preachers speak for God. Out of 168 hours in each week, preachers generally get to speak to people only one hour. Who's going to speak for God the other 167 hours?India has over a billion people, and there's an interesting story of how the gospel first reached the Telugu region. It wasn't through a preacher, but a civil engineer called John Clough, who offered to go to a newly established mission and help them. The missionary board had misgivings because he hadn't been to a Bible college, but they admired his zeal so they authorised the trip. During a great famine, Clough supervised the digging of the Buckingham Canal. His position enabled him to hire thousands of hungry people, which meant they could earn wages and buy food. But something even more important happened. As a result, God opened the hearts of multitudes to receive his Word for the first time and today the church is thriving in India.God says, 'Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass' (Isaiah 46:10 NLT). God already has a plan; what he's looking for are workers willing to help fulfil it. And you can be one of them.

Soulfood: Ecc 9-12 Jn 12:1-11 Ps 76 Pro 30:15-17.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:16am On Nov 22, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOU'LL GET BACK MORE THAN YOU GIVE

Thursday, 22nd November, 2018

'No good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly.' Psalm 84:11 NKJV

In a sense, it's impossible to 'sacrifice' anything for God. If you get back more than you gave up, have you sacrificed anything at all? The eternal reward always outweighs the temporal sacrifice. On Judgement Day, our only regret will be whatever we didn't give back to God. It may seem counterintuitive, but the key to self-fulfilment is self-denial.The selfish part of us has an allergic reaction to the word deny. It's tough to do when we live in a culture where we don't just tolerate indulgence, but celebrate it. But the fundamental problem with indulgence is that - enough is never enough. The more we indulge ourselves in food, pleasure or the amenities of wealth, the less we will enjoy them. We have bought into the consumerist lie that more is more. We mistakenly think the more we give, the less we'll have. But our logic is backward. You ultimately lose what you keep, and you ultimately keep whatever you lose for the cause of Christ.Author Mark Batterson writes: 'The more you give away, the more you will enjoy what you have. If you give God the tithe, you'll enjoy the 90 per cent you keep 10 per cent more. You'll also discover that God can do more with 90 per cent than you can with 100 per cent...One of our life goals as a family is to reverse tithe and live off 10 per cent while giving away 90 per cent. When we get there, I'm confident we'll enjoy the 10 per cent we keep 90 per cent more. It's the sliding scale of joy.'

Soulfood: Gen 1-3 Jn 12:12-19 Ps 102:1-11 Pro 30:18-20.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

TRUST GOD'S UNCHANGING CHARACTER

Friday, 23rd November, 2018

'I catch no glimpse of him.' Job 23:9 NIV

Sometimes you will not sense God's presence. Those are difficult times. In the midst of trouble, Job said, 'If I go to the east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him' (Job 23:8-9 NIV). Job felt far from God. Yet in spite of his inability to feel God, he resolved, 'He knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I shall come forth as gold' (Job 23:10 NIV). Difficult days demand decisions of faith. David said, 'When I am afraid, I put my trust in you' (Psalm 56:3 NIV).When you can't understand the ways of God, trust in his unchanging and loving character. Go through your Bible and make a list of the character qualities of God, and keep them on hand for tough days. One author writes: 'My list reads like this: "He is still sovereign. He still knows my name. Angels still respond to his call. The hearts of rulers still yield at his bidding. The death of Jesus still saves souls. The spirit of God still indwells saints. Heaven is still only heartbeats away. The grave is still temporary housing. God is still faithful. He is not caught off guard. He uses everything for his glory and my ultimate good. He uses tragedy to accomplish his will, and his will is right, holy and perfect. Sorrow may come with the night, but joy comes with the morning."'In changing times, stand confidently on the unchanging character of God.

Soulfood: Gen 4-6 Jn 12:20-36 Ps 102:12-17 Pro 30:21-23.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:37am On Nov 24, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

AVOID 'FOOLISH SPECULATIONS'

Saturday, 24th November, 2018

'As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be.' Luke 17:26 NKJV

If you had a doctor whose diagnosis was wrong as often as the predictions of some Bible prophecy experts, would you trust him or take the medication he prescribed? One 'expert' sold millions of books in which he predicted the rapture of the church would take place by 1988. Then without apology or explanation, wrote a second book pointing us to the year 2007. Another television preacher offered 'rapture deadlines' starting in 1975. He said that the Soviet flag would probably fly over Independence Hall in Philadelphia by 1976. Then he fixed the date of the rapture at 1992. Undaunted, his next book changed the year to 2012. (Interestingly, he also refers to Nostradamus, the 16th-century occult seer, as 'a great Bible student'.)The Bible tells us to avoid 'foolish...speculations' (2 Timothy 2:23 NAS). Why? Because they make us look 'foolish' in the eyes of the world! Who's going to listen to a church that repeatedly sets wrong dates, when Jesus himself told us not to set dates at all? 'As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate...drank...married...until the day...Noah entered the ark; and the flood came and destroyed them all' (Luke 17:26-27 NKJV).God didn't give Noah a date, he gave him a job. And the end didn't come until the job was done. Jesus said, 'No one knows when that day or hour will come...Only the Father' (Matthew 24:36 GWT). The whole world has yet to be reached with the gospel, so instead of 'date setting', let's roll up our sleeves and get busy.

Soulfood: Gen 7-9 Jn 12:37-50 Ps 102:18-28 Pro 30:24-28.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PUT GOD TO THE TEST

Sunday, 25th November, 2018

'Bring the whole tithe...Test me in this.' Malachi 3:10 NIV

God is a meticulous planner. For example, he scheduled a banquet called 'the marriage supper of the Lamb' two thousand years in advance (see Revelation 19:9). He instructed Noah to build the ark '450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high' (Genesis 6:15 NLT). He gave Moses the specific colours and fabrics he wanted used in constructing the tabernacle (see Exodus 26). And look how precisely he orders the seasons and positions the stars.Can you imagine such a God having no plan for your finances - the product of your work life? Surely not! In Scripture he says: 'Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse...Test me in this...see if I will not...open...Heaven and pour out so much blessing...there will not be room enough to store it' (Malachi 3:10 NIV). The original word for 'whole' is 'unbroken'; that means before taxes and other deductions. Why? Because he wants to be first in your life in everything - including your finances. God also told his people, 'You have robbed me...In tithes and offerings' (Malachi 3:8 NKJV). Stop and think about the word 'offer'. When you sell a house you decide whether or not to accept the 'offer' the buyer is making. And in this Scripture God is saying, 'Until you give me what's rightfully mine (the tithe), why should I accept any other "offering"?'Tithing isn't just about money; it's about faith and obedience. When you tithe your income, you can expect God to pour out his blessing on you as he promised. You can live under an open Heaven; the choice is yours. God says, 'Test me in this.' Put God to the test and see what happens!

Soulfood: Luke 1:26-56 Lk 2 Luke 2:41-52 Luke 8:19-21.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:46am On Nov 26, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

'A DOUBLE PORTION'

Monday, 26th November, 2018

'Let a double portion of your spirit be upon me.' 2 Kings 2:9 NKJV

In the Old Testament, 'Elijah said to Elisha, "Ask! What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?" Elisha said, "Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me." So he said, "You have asked a hard thing. Nevertheless, if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so"' (2 Kings 2:9-10 NKJV). Elisha received his 'double portion', and went on to perform twice as many miracles as his mentor Elijah. The key phrase here is: 'If you see me when I am taken from you!' In other words, 'Stay close to me and you can have it.'Notice the four places to which Elisha followed Elijah: (1) Gilgal. That's where the Israelites were circumcised, which involves 'cutting off the flesh' (see Joshua 5:cool. You must be led by God's Spirit and say no to your carnal nature - that's 'a hard thing' to do. (2) Bethel. That's where Jacob had a heavenly vision (see Genesis 28:19). Unless you have a vision that's born of God, you'll drift aimlessly through life. (3) Jericho. That's where Joshua had a face-to-face encounter with God and prayed, 'What does my Lord say to his servant' (Joshua 5:14 NKJV)? It's only when you surrender to God that you experience victory. (4) Jordan. Because the Jordan River flows into the Dead Sea, it represents death. So be prepared to attend your own burial - every day (see 1 Corinthians 15:31).Paul said, 'I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me' (Galatians 2:20 NIV). Do you want a double portion of God's spirit? You can have it if you meet the conditions.

Soulfood: Gen 10-12 Jn 13:1-17 Ps 95 Pro 30:29-33.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:23am On Nov 27, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LOOK FOR A TRUE FRIEND

Tuesday, 27th November, 2018

'A true friend is closer than your own family.' Proverbs 18:24 CEV

One day two cows looked over a fence and saw these words on a passing milk truck: 'Pasteurised, Homogenised, Vitamin A added.' One cow said to the other, 'It makes you feel a bit inadequate, doesn't it?' Seriously, is that how you feel today? There's too much to do, and not enough of you to do it? Or you don't think you have the skill or resources? Remember the old Beatles song: 'Help!'? You may think you can do everything on your own, but you'll begin to realise you need the help of others. In a perfect world Adam still couldn't make it by himself, so God said, 'I will make a helper suitable for him' (Genesis 2:18 NIV).Sometimes the solution requires more than prayer or counselling; it requires a friend who understands - especially one who has fought the same battles. In Acts chapter three, God used Peter and John to bring about the healing of a lame man sitting at the temple gate. But there was another miracle earlier that day. Peter had just denied Jesus, fallen flat on his face, and decided to return to his old fishing job. But John refused to let go of him. As a result, Peter was restored, a lame man was healed, and three thousand people were won to Christ.You don't need a lot of people in your life; you just need the right people. So ask God for a 'true friend' who will stick by you; then you do the same for someone else.

Soulfood: Gen 13-16 Jn 13:18-30 Ps 114 Pro 31:1-5.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GET UP AND TRY AGAIN

Wednesday, 28th November, 2018

'Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen...and help you; I will uphold you with my...right hand.' Isaiah 41:10 NIV

To succeed in life you need two things: (1) The right people. Sometimes the first step towards getting out of discouragement is finding somebody who can lift you. When you spend time with someone who is continually negative and full of despair about their life, you can come out of that conversation feeling negative and full of despair at your life too. The company you keep will either lift you up or pull you down. Paul wrote, 'God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus' (2 Corinthians 7:6 NIV). You need a Titus in your life, and you need to become a Titus to others. The Bible says, 'Bear one another's burdens' (Galatians 6:2 NKJV).(2) The right perspective. Over half of all salespeople fail because they don't go back a second or third time. Most make one call and stop. Fewer make two calls and then stop. Even fewer try three calls. Those who go back again and again and again make 80 per cent of all sales. That's the group you belong in. Don't settle for failure; get up and try again! God will work with you (see Philippians 1:6). Missionary and theologian E. Stanley Jones said, 'When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.' Refuse to accept defeat. Remember, you'll be rewarded for what you finished, not for what you started. Sometimes the last key on the ring is the one that opens the door, so ask God for the strength to keep persevering until you win!

Soulfood: Gen 17-19 Jn 13:31-38 Ps 118:1-9 Pro 31:6-9.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DON'T LOSE YOUR PASSION

Thursday, 29th November, 2018

'For the joy set before him he endured.' Hebrews 12:2 NIV

Concerning Jesus, the Bible says: 'For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame... Consider him who endured such opposition... so that you will not grow weary and lose heart' (Hebrews 12:2-3 NIV). It's your vision that fuels your passion. Ever notice how God often transforms the worst of sinners into his greatest servants? That's because they're passionate, and once that passion is harnessed and redirected they become effective in his Kingdom. Now you understand why the enemy has tried so hard to destroy you. He knows once you line up your passion with God's plan, there will be no stopping you. Passion is spiritual energy; without it you're as limp as a wet noodle and as bland as hospital food.So instead of trying to stifle your passion, let God redirect it. Jesus told the church in Laodicea, 'You are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other' (Revelation 3:15 NLT)! Who else could he be speaking to? Professing Christians who live, marry, have children, buy cars, accumulate stocks and do all the things their modern-day counterparts do, but without passion. To those who are simply going through the motions!The Bible says, 'Taste and see' (see Psalm 34:cool; in other words, step up to the plate and swing the bat! So what if you miss? The fact is you'll miss for sure if you don't swing! Your instinct for self-preservation can rob you of the only chance you may ever get at life. So if you're down today, get back up. If you failed, try again. Ask God to rekindle the fires of passion within you.

Soulfood: Gen 20-23 Jn 14:1-14 Ps 118:10-18 Pro 31:10-13.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WHAT THIS TEST IS ABOUT

Friday, 30th November, 2018

'These trials will show that your faith is genuine.' 1 Peter 1:7 NLT

The tests we face reveal both our weaknesses and our strengths. When the Bible speaks of 'a refiner's fire' (see Malachi 3:2), we're inclined to think of the negative things God wants to remove from our character. But we also have inner strengths and gifts that need to be refined, but we're sometimes not aware of them because a demand hasn't been placed on them.In 1 Kings 17, when the widow and her son met Elijah, there was a famine in the land, and he asked her to share their last meal with him. Maybe you're thinking, 'Typical preacher!' Don't jump to conclusions! One of the best days in this woman's life was when God placed a demand on her faith. Her response changed her future and saved her family. When you're faced with a need, how do you respond? Do you withdraw? Withhold? Give from a sense of obligation? Or do you see an opportunity to obey God and change your future? You can actually give your way out of trouble! (See 2 Corinthians 9:6-11.)When God sent Moses to Pharaoh, he said, 'The king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him' (Exodus 3:19 NIV). The tests of life come. And today God may be permitting the enemy to test you in order to reveal: (1) How much he cares for you; (2) How you act when your back's against the wall; (3) Who you believe when God says, 'I will bring you out with a mighty hand,' and the enemy is saying, 'I won't let you go.' That's what this test is about.

Soulfood: Gen 24:1-25:18 Jn 14:15-25 Ps 118:19-29 Pro 31:14-17.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:00am On Dec 01, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

IT'S AN INSIDE JOB 1

Saturday, 1st December, 2018

'He will give you another helper, to be with you forever.' John 14:16 NCV

Do you remember dinner without mobile phones? Your family enjoying each other's company, uninterrupted by technology? We're a generation that's losing the art of communication - and intimacy - and it's also impacting the time we spend alone with God. Although Jesus preceded the high-tech age, he was in constant demand; the multitudes pursued him at all hours of the day and night. Nevertheless, the Scriptures tell us, 'A long while before daylight, he...departed to a solitary place, and there he prayed' (Mark 1:35 NKJV). Jesus made time to be alone with his Father.It requires spiritual discipline to be still and listen; to deliberately eliminate life's noise and racket. But if we'll practise it, we'll discover a heart-satisfying fellowship with the resident Holy Spirit. Invest a few minutes reading John chapters 14-16, and let your spirit absorb Jesus' message. Notice, he wants his disciples to have peace, and he comforts them with the assurance that they're never left alone. These are all blessings he wants us to share too. Question: How can you find this peace and comfort? Answer: 'It's an inside job,' because the Holy Spirit lives in you. Jesus told his disciples, 'I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever' (John 14:16 NKJV).It may be Christianity's best-kept secret, that the Holy Spirit is available to and indwells every true believer, providing everything we need to handle life's difficulties and opportunities. The 'Comforter' was promised by the Son, sent by the Father, and today he's ours by faith. Embrace him, trust his power, experience his peace and follow his guidance.

Soulfood: Gen 25:19-27:46 Jn 14:26-15:4 Ps 146 Pro 31:18-21.

Happy December!

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

IT'S AN INSIDE JOB 2

Sunday, 2nd December, 2018

'If I do not go...the Helper will not come to you.' John 16:7 NKJV

Even as the disciples' hearts ached about Jesus' departure, he assured them it was to their 'advantage' because it would open a new era of power and authority for them (see John 14:12). Being 'under new management' wasn't the end, but a continuation of Christ's ministry as the Holy Spirit took the baton from the Son's hand and placed it in theirs. The Son would leave, but the Spirit would 'abide with [them] forever' (John 14:16 NKJV). This was their 'advantage'. The Spirit would enter their human bodies and live permanently in them! This is no tentative, vague connection. It's God's Spirit choosing us as his permanent dwelling place.Have you ever considered the 'advantage' this gives you? For example, you might awake tomorrow feeling stressed, weary and irritated, and these feelings could easily dictate your day. But because the Spirit lives in you, these things don't have to control you. Paul writes, 'Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you' (1 Corinthians 6:19 NKJV)? Once you accept that promise by faith, you become God's temple. You can be at work, driving the kids to school, walking the dog, waiting for biopsy results, or attending the funeral of your best friend, and as you go about your everyday life God's Spirit is living in you.Can you see why Jesus told the disciples it was good for him to leave and send the Holy Spirit? Whatever you do, don't let this life-changing truth elude you!

Soulfood: Lk 10:38-42 Jn 11:1-44 John 11:1-44 John 12:1-3.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

IT'S AN INSIDE JOB 3

Monday, 3rd December, 2018

'He will give you another helper, to be with you forever.' John 14:16 NCV

There are many benefits to receiving the Holy Spirit. In the New Testament Jesus told his disciples, 'I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever' (John 14:16 NKJV). The Greek source for the word 'Comforter' is Paracletos, which means one who comes alongside you to strengthen, encourage and advise you. Think about it. When you feel discouraged, confused and powerless you have access to a wise, compassionate, competent helper who will show up to support you and supply you with what you need. So instead of struggling to go it alone, learn to lean on him, trust his power and ask him to do his mighty work in you.Here's another Holy Spirit blessing. Paul tells us, 'The Holy Spirit...will tell you where to go and what to do...then you won't always be doing the...things your evil nature wants you to' (Galatians 5:16 TLB). The battle of the Spirit versus the flesh is constant. And however well-intended, our fleshly nature can never be subdued by human thinking; that just produces defeat and discouragement.And another advantage of the indwelling Spirit is that you qualify for a Spirit-directed lifestyle. The Bible says, 'For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God' (Romans 8:14 NKJV). Praying and taking your best guess isn't God's way. The Holy Spirit's guidance - not your guesswork - should direct your lifestyle.

Soulfood: Gen 28:1-30:24 Jn 15:5-17 Ps 14 Pro 31:22-24.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:25am On Dec 04, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

IT'S AN INSIDE JOB 4

Tuesday, 4th December, 2018

'The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness.' Romans 8:26 NLT

The twin pillars of a believer's daily life should be prayer and Scripture. And while praying may be simple, it's not always easy. We lack motivation, we're easily distracted, and not always sure what we should be praying for. So recognising our human inadequacies, God 'helps' us through his indwelling Holy Spirit: 'The Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father...knows...what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us...in harmony with God's own will' (Romans 8:26-27 NLT). That means no matter how you feel when you pray, the Holy Spirit joins in prayer with you, and for you, transforming your feeblest prayers into powerful appeals to the Father. And when it comes to the second pillar, namely the Word of God, the Holy Spirit's role is equally dynamic.Jesus said, 'When he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth...whatever he hears he will speak: and he will tell you things to come' (John 16:13 NKJV). Notice, the Holy Spirit does three things: (1) He guides you as you study the Word of God and seek to understand it. (2) He takes what Jesus wants you to know and reveals it to you. (3) He opens your understanding about things that are still to come.There's no question that good reference books, Scripture-based resources and skilled Bible teachers can be helpful, but they're no substitute when it comes to hearing from the Holy Spirit for yourself and listening carefully to what he wants to tell you.

Soulfood: Gen 30:25-31:55 Jn 15:18-27 Ps 65 Pro 31:25-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:56am On Dec 05, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

AT THE BREAKING POINT

Wednesday, 5th December, 2018

'Let him have all your worries and cares.' 1 Peter 5:7 TLB

In the film Limitless, actor Bradley Cooper discovers a wonder drug that opens up the entire capacity of his brain. He can learn languages and complex maths in a fraction of the time it takes normal people. He can recall almost anything he's read or seen. He can analyse more quickly and more in-depth than the best financial gurus. He is limitless. And he leverages his ability to earn millions and achieve great success.Today many people are stressed out by their relationships or by their work. And even more are stressed out by money issues. If you're saying, 'I'm stressed by one (or more) of these!' here's the word for you today: 'Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you' (1 Peter 5:7 TLB). You say, 'If you saw my schedule, you'd know why I'm at the breaking point.' Who sets your schedule each day? One of three people will. Either somebody else is going to set your schedule, or you are going to set your schedule, or you can go to God and ask him to set your schedule.One of the reasons God allows us to reach the breaking point is to force us to come to him for guidance, for strength and for direction. There's plenty in life that you can't handle, but there's nothing in life you and God can't handle together. The secret is in handling only the things God wants you to handle, and entrusting the rest to him.

Soulfood: Gen 32-34 Jn 16:1-18 Ps 130 Pro 31:28-31.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

IT'S A CHOICE

Thursday, 6th December, 2018

'Yet I will rejoice in the Lord.' Habakkuk 3:18 NKJV

Pastor Jim Penner says: 'I'll never forget...as an eight-year-old sitting on the step when my mother opened the door to two men who handed her some papers...As tears rolled down [her] cheeks it didn't take me long to figure out what happened. Money was tight...the bank hadn't been paid and...our car was repossessed. I also carry with me another image I cherish to this day of my mother praying in her room. In the face of fear two words came through..."Thank you! Thank you!" I thought, "Thank you? You just lost your car; we have no money; what's going to happen to us?" Her prayer continued, "Thank you, God, for what you've provided...and that we have something to eat tonight"...So it went...fifteen minutes, maybe more. Looking back, I gained a lifetime of wisdom in those precious minutes. My mother taught me an attitude of gratefulness in the midst of adversity that I'll never forget...The tough times didn't end overnight...but in the years to come God blessed my mother for her steadfast faith.'Gratitude isn't a natural response to adversity; it's a discipline you develop. The psalmist said, 'Forget not all his benefits' (Psalm 103:2 NKJV). In the midst of trouble, when you don't think God has blessed you, sit down and recall his faithfulness and you'll end up filled with joy. Habakkuk said, 'Fig trees may not grow...there may be no grapes on the vines...no olives...no food growing in the fields...no sheep in the pens and no cattle in the barns. But I will still...rejoice in God my Saviour' (Habakkuk 3:17-18 NCV).When you take time to give thanks, it will change your outlook and attitude.

Soulfood: Gen 35-36 Jn 16:19-33 Ps 2 Ecc 3:1-4.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

USE WHAT GOD'S GIVEN YOU

Saturday, 8th December, 2018

'Having gifts (faculties, talents, qualities) that differ according to the grace given us, let us use them.' Romans 12:6 AMP

God has given you certain relationships, skills, experiences and attributes that he wants you to use to fulfil his purposes. He used a beauty pageant to position Esther as Queen of Persia and stop the genocide of the Jews. He used Nehemiah's diligence as the king's cupbearer to position him for royal favour that would parlay into rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem. He used David's musical ability to give him access to the king of Israel. He used Joseph's imprisonment and his ability to interpret dreams to save two nations from famine. He used the zeal of a mass murderer named Saul of Tarsus to spread the gospel via three missionary journeys while writing half the New Testament.And if God used them, he will use you too. And he wants to. In fact, He's cultivating talents within you that will serve His Kingdom purposes in ways you are unaware of right now. It may be your God-given athletic abilities or music proclivity that God uses to give you a platform to give Him praise. It may be your creative genius. It may be your idiosyncrasy. It could just be your good old-fashioned work ethic. No matter what it is, it's a gift from God that is to be used for God.Success is doing the best you can, with what you have, where you are. It's not based on circumstances, wealth, power or platform. It's not based on past experience or future potential. It's stewarding every opportunity, in every way, every day. So today, use what God has given you.

Soulfood: Gen 40-41 Jn 18:1-18 Ps 147:12-20 Ecc 4:9-12.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:44am On Dec 11, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE GREAT DESIGNER

Tuesday, 11th December, 2018

'The heavens are telling the glory of God; they are a marvellous display of his craftsmanship.' Psalm 19:1 TLB

Whether you look at the universe through a telescope or a microscope, you discover that God is the great designer.Let's look at three of the things he designed: (1) Temperature. The sun's surface is 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, and we're nearly 150 million kilometres away from it - just the right distance. If the earth's temperature was 50 degrees hotter or colder all life would cease. Think about it: why wasn't the earth placed twice as far away, or half as close? (2) Rotation. We rotate 365 times a year as we pass around the sun. Suppose we only rotated 36 times? Well, our days and nights would be ten times as long. We'd be terribly hot on one side, unbearably cold on the other, and life as we know it would cease. (3) Air. Oxygen constitutes 21 per cent of our atmosphere: the precise balance of air we need to breathe. Why not 50 per cent? Because the first time somebody lit a match we'd all be toast!So ask yourself, is the 21 per cent by accident or design? And if there's a design then it follows that there must be a designer. And there is. Would you like to know him? You can. At creation he revealed his great power, but at the cross he revealed his great love (John 3:16). Through Jesus his Son you can know the great designer personally and receive the gift of eternal life. If you don't, you'll enter a lost eternity. Any chance you'll be an exception? None! The people in Heaven will be those who got there by choice, not chance.

Soulfood: Gen 44-46 Jn 19:1-24 Ps 148:7-14 Ecc 5:4-6.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KEEP BELIEVING GOD AND IT WILL HAPPEN

Wednesday, 12th December, 2018

'Wait patiently, for it will surely take place.' Habakkuk 2:3 NLT

Has God promised you something and humanly speaking you see no way it can come to pass? Are you having a hard time waiting? Read this Scripture: 'If it seems slow...wait patiently, for it will surely take place' (Habakkuk 2:3 NLT). God does things on schedule, and your appointment is still on his calendar. Be assured that nothing the enemy does can pre-empt the plan of God for your life. When he gives you a promise, it's like a seed. First it must fall into the fertile soil of faith and be given time to grow. Then it must be watered regularly through prayer and the Word of God. It won't come to pass because you push and try to manipulate: '"[It's]...not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit", says the Lord' (Zechariah 4:6 NKJV). If God has promised you something, stand on his Word and remind yourself, 'My life can't end before this comes to pass.'The story of Joseph's life could be summed up in this Scripture: 'Until the time that his word came to pass, the word of the Lord tested him' (Psalm 105:19 NKJV). Why test something? To reveal its strength; to see if it holds up or falls apart under pressure. What has God promised you? Do you believe him? How strong is your faith? If it's weak, God will put you back into the school of faith so you can learn the lessons, pass the tests, and graduate. 'Without faith it is impossible to please [God], for he who comes to God must believe that he is...a rewarder' (Hebrews 11:6 NKJV).The word for you today is: keep believing God, and it will happen.

Soulfood: Gen 47-49 Jn 19:25-42 Ps 150 Ecc 5:10-12.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:59am On Dec 13, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LIVE

Thursday, 13th December, 2018

'You will come to the grave in full vigour.' Job 5:26 NIV

Author Norman Cousins said, 'No disease is more lethal than the boredom that follows retirement.' Here's a true story of a lady in her eighties who went to her doctor for a check-up. He asked if she stayed active. She gave him a big smile and said, 'I jog about four or five miles every day.' Surprised, he told her she needed to be careful and not overdo it. 'Take it easy,' he suggested. She took his words to heart and decided to slow down. She reduced her jogs to slow walks, and cut back to one or two days a week. Within a year she was dead. After hearing about her death, the doctor who'd given her such advice told a friend, 'Never again will I tell a patient who's doing so well to take it easy.'The Bible is filled with the stories of people who lived on because they had something to live for! Remember Caleb? At 85 he attacked the giants in the hill country, drove them out, and became a land developer (see Joshua 14). And how about Noah? He began building the ark when he was 500 years old. And a hundred years later he helped to start the world all over again.Age means nothing unless you're cheese! And wrinkles, grey hair and spots on your hands mean less than nothing. As long as God chooses to leave you on this earth, don't just exist - live! Claim the promise: 'You will come to the grave in full vigour' (Job 5:26 NIV). Keep dreaming. Accept new challenges. And don't even think about taking it easy!

Soulfood: Gen 50 Hag 1-2 Jn 20:1-18 Ps 105:1-7 Ecc 5:13-16.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:35am On Dec 14, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

REACH FOR HELP

Friday, 14th December, 2018

'A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.' Proverbs 17:17 NIV

Recovery counsellors use a phrase 'terminally unique' to describe how people with addictions think their problem is so unique that they disconnect from others: 'Others will reject me if they knew my problem. I've struggled with it so long that I don't believe I'll ever conquer it.' So they isolate, and live in despair and depression.One author writes: 'So often we are inclined to keep our lives hidden. Shame and guilt prevent us from letting others know what we are living with. We think, "If my family and friends knew the dark cravings of my heart and my strange mental wanderings, they would push me away and exclude me from their company." But the opposite is true. When we dare to lift up our cup and let our friends know what is in it, they will be encouraged to lift up their cups and share with us their anxiously hidden secrets. The greatest healing often takes place when we no longer feel isolated by our shame and guilt, and discover that others often feel what we feel, think what we think, and have the fears, apprehensions and preoccupations we have.'Don't let fear or pride keep you from conquering your problem. When you can muster the strength to be honest with yourself and others, you'll find healing. Read these two Scriptures: 'A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity' (Proverbs 17:17 NIV); 'God...comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God' (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV). The word for you today is: reach for help.

Soulfood: Est 1-4 Jn 20:19-31 Ps 105:8-22 Ecc 7:1-4.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE

Saturday, 15th December, 2018

'Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!' Philippians 4:4 NKJV

Cheryl continually complained that she didn't make enough money, couldn't afford the things she wanted, and therefore wasn't going to amount to anything. Her counsellor said, 'You're wasting your energy complaining, instead of using it to get ahead.' Cheryl countered, 'You don't understand. The job is the problem, not me.' The counsellor said, 'Your low-paying job may be a problem and your boss may demand too much, but when you're continually upset you're causing yourself more harm than either your boss or your job.' Cheryl asked, 'What can I do?' The counsellor said, 'You can't control your boss or the job, but you can control how you feel about them. Change your attitude.' Cheryl took her advice. When she stopped whining about her life, people noticed. She got a promotion, and with her new job status she was more marketable. Within several months she was transferred to a position with higher pay and a more supportive boss.Good things happen for people with a good attitude. And your attitude is something you can choose, regardless of circumstances. Paul wrote, 'Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice' (Philippians 4:4 NKJV)! Where was Paul? In prison! Who was Paul writing to? People outside the prison! Why did he repeat himself and say, 'Again I will say, rejoice?' Because we forget and lapse back into negativity so quickly.True joy is an inside job that's not subject to people or outside situations. Jesus said, 'These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full' (John 15:11 NKJV).

Soulfood: Est 5-10 Jn 21:1-25 Ps 18:1-29 Pro 26:24-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

TIPS FOR TRAVELLERS 1

Monday, 18th December, 2018

'It is God who works in you...to act according to his good purpose.' Philippians 2:13 NIV

As you travel through life on your spiritual journey, here are two important tips to remembersad1) With God no experience is ever wasted. That includes the painful and difficult ones. We may impress people with our strengths, but we often connect with them best through our struggles. If you want to motivate someone, don't just tell them about all you've accomplished, talk about the tests and trials you went through to get there. If you don't, you may seem beyond their reach. Indeed, some of the experiences you're reluctant to share may be the very things that will cause them to think, 'If God could do that for you, then he can do it for me too.' In other words, you'll give them hope. (2) To succeed in God's Kingdom, you must serve others. Look at Joseph. He used his talent, fame and fortune to feed the world during a time of famine; his reward came afterwards. When your goal is to meet other people's needs you'll always be rewarded, and you'll always have a future. Jesus didn't tell Peter to go out and gather a crowd together just so he'd have someone to preach to. No. He simply said, 'Feed my sheep' (John 21:16 KJV). Pastor, if too many church pews are empty on Sunday morning, do more than blame the people. Ask yourself, 'How's the food? How's the service?' As long as there's a spiritual hunger that nobody else is satisfying, you have a future and a ministry.As you consider these two tips for travellers, pray and ask God to make them part of your life.

Soulfood: Job 5-7 Luke 1:1-10 Ps 67 Ecc 7:19-22.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN

Tuesday, 25th December, 2018

'How can this happen?' Luke 1:34 NLT

The Bible says, 'Mary asked the angel, "But how can this happen? I am a virgin." The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you"' (Luke 1:34-35 NLT).Has God been telling you things he wants to do through you, but you're looking at yourself and thinking, 'How can this happen?' You're saying, 'I don't have the training, the resources, the skill or the connections. And I certainly don't have the strength to accomplish it alone.' If you're wondering how God will bring it all to pass, remember that he will accomplish it! No one else will get the credit. How will it happen? 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you' (Luke 1:35 NLT). The Holy Spirit can impregnate you with a vision, inspire you with creative ideas, introduce you to the right people, and empower you to do the job. God had a unique plan for Mary, and he has one for you too. You aren't privileged to see the future and you don't know all that God has in store for you. But he has a plan.After the angel spoke to Mary, notice what she said: 'Be it be to me according to your word' (Luke 1:38 NKJV). Not according to your social status, or your job description, or your finances, or what you deserve. No, 'Be it unto me according to your word!' Was that easy to say or believe? No, she was taking an extreme risk. To be pregnant and unmarried brought dire consequences in those days. Yet she gave herself willingly to God - and the results were miraculous. And God can do the same for you.

Soulfood: Is 7:14 Luke 2:1-20 Mic 5:2-5a Is 9:6-7.

Merry Christmas!

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:21am On Dec 26, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

'SPIRIT FRIENDS'

Wednesday, 26th December, 2018

'Elizabeth's child leaped within her.' Luke 1:41 NLT

Here's an interesting chapter in the Christmas story - one that teaches us about 'spirit friends'. The Bible says: 'A few days later Mary hurried to the hill country of Judea...She entered the house and greeted Elizabeth. At the sound of Mary's greeting, Elizabeth's child leaped within her, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Elizabeth...exclaimed to Mary, "God has blessed you above all women, and your child is blessed...Mary stayed with Elizabeth about three months and then went back to her own home"' (Luke 1:39-42, 56 NLT). Besides being cousins, Mary and Elizabeth were 'spirit friends'. They didn't just connect socially, they connected spiritually at a deeper level. That's why Mary 'hurried' to see Elizabeth, and why she spent three months with her. It's also why Elizabeth confirmed the miraculous purposes of God that were being fulfilled in Mary's life, and commended her for her obedience.When God introduces you to someone who has been touched by his Spirit and carries within them a vision that's conceived by the Holy Spirit, reach out to them, treasure them, and build a relationship with them. The connection between these two women didn't take place because they were part of the same family. The truth is, sometimes our families are the first to criticise us and the last to understand us.Notice, when Mary greeted Elizabeth, the unborn child within her leaped in her womb. How do you recognise a 'spirit friend'? When they speak, something within you will resonate. That's because you are both filled with the same Holy Spirit and empowered to do God's will.

Soulfood: Job 24-28 Luke 2:21-33 Ps 97.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound / When A Guy Promised You Marriage Just Because Of Sex / Why I Cancelled Crossover Service — Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.