Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

The Word For Today - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today (30406 Views)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 / The Word For Today, Tuesday, 29th August, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

A GIFT RATHER THAN AN APOLOGY

Friday, 6th July, 2018.

'They are a gift...to ensure your friendship.' Genesis 33:8 NLT

Here's something you need to know in order to move forward. The person who hurt you may never offer an apology in the manner you desire.

After Jacob cheated his brother Esau out of his birthright, things got so bad between them that Jacob went to live with his Uncle Laban in Haran. Later in life, when both brothers had become wealthy and successful in their own right, Jacob decided to seek reconciliation with his brother. At first Esau refused to accept his brother's gifts, but when Jacob persisted, 'Esau finally accepted the gift' (Genesis 33:11 NLT). Notice, Jacob never said, 'I'm sorry I stole your birthright; please forgive me.' Basically he said, 'I'd like to try and make amends.' At this point Esau showed real maturity by valuing his relationship with his brother over his right to exact revenge. So the family was united.

There's a lesson here. God wants you to grow up and exercise spiritual maturity. You can't control what others do; you can only control your response. Furthermore, if you insist that someone apologise to you - in a certain way - the relationship may never be healed. As a result, you'll be left holding a grudge. And holding a grudge is like holding a hot coal; it will keep burning you until you let it go. For example, you may want your husband to apologise for his behaviour. But if instead he buys you a gift or does something extra nice for you, respond with grace instead of judging either his methods or his motives. In other words, 'close the account' and move forward.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 18:1-20:29 Lk 5:1-11 Ps 102:12-17 Pro 17:7-10.

Courtesy: Grace So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:48am On Jul 07, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HANDLING THOSE WHO HURT YOU

Saturday, 7th July, 2018.

'You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good.' Genesis 50:20 NLT

At 17, Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery. At 30, Pharaoh made him ruler of Egypt. During those thirteen years Joseph suffered terribly at the hands of his brothers. Now he held the power of life and death over them. Yet he chose not only to forgive them, but to feed them in the time of famine. It's one of the greatest examples of forgiveness in history. As they stand trembling before him, Joseph says: 'You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. No, don't be afraid. I will continue to take care of you and your children. So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them' (Genesis 50:20-21 NLT).

Notice four things: (1) Only God understands people's hearts, therefore only he is qualified to judge them. (2) As you become more mature, you'll be able to see the hand of God at work in some of the situations you've been through; you'll see the 'good' in them rather than the evil. (3) Because you have grown spiritually, you'll acknowledge that others are capable of growing and changing too. (4) Because of the favour and blessing that God has given you, you'll not only speak kindly to your offender but be generous towards them.

Jesus said, 'Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you' (Matthew 5:44 NKJV). Are you willing to do that? Are you at least willing to pray, 'Lord, make me willing?'

Soulfood: 1 Sam 20:30-23:29 Lk 5:12-26 Ps 102:18-28 Pro 17:11-14.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

JOIN CHRIST'S VICTORIOUS CHURCH 2

Monday, 9th July, 2018.

'Receive him...no longer as a slave but...a brother.' Philemon 1:15-16 NKJV

What finally brought about an end to slavery? The gospel of Jesus Christ. Note the small letter Paul wrote to Philemon. A runaway slave was thrown into a Roman prison along with Paul, and Paul converted him to Christ. And when the slave was released, Paul sent him back to his owner, Philemon. The custom at that time was to kill escaped slaves after they'd been recaptured. But now Philemon had also become a Christian, another convert of the apostle Paul, who instructed him to 'receive him...no longer as a slave but...a brother' (Philemon 1:15-16 NKJV). And in that new brotherhood slavery found its death knell.Now, fast forward to the days of William Wilberforce, who was convicted of his sin and converted under the preaching of John Wesley. Wilberforce, a slight, hunch-backed man, became one of the most powerful members of Parliament. Consumed by the Gospel and the freedom that Christ offered, Wilberforce devoted all his energies and eloquence to overthrowing the obnoxious African slave trade. And his success in abolishing it throughout the British Empire led to agitation for similar action in the United States. In fact, it was through the proclamations that thundered from pulpits throughout the northern states that abolitionist parties came into being and succeeded in destroying slavery once and for all. So it was through the church that slavery was eradicated.Jesus came 'to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives' (Luke 4:18 NKJV). Are you a member of Christ's redeemed church? If not, you can sign up today!

Soulfood: 1 Sam 24-26 Lk 5:27-39 Ps 110 Pro 17:15-17.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

JOIN CHRIST'S VICTORIOUS CHURCH 3

Tuesday, 10th July, 2018.

'If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.' 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV

Nothing in history compares to what has been accomplished by Christian missionaries. Over one hundred years ago, a writer returning from a trip around the world discovered that missions and missionaries were being bombarded with criticism in the London newspapers. So he wrote a letter to the papers defending missions. In it he said that the transformation of wild savages in the isles of the South Seas was something to behold, and that to make light of this was a heinous crime: 'In a voyager, to forget these things is base ineptitude; for should he chance to be at the point of shipwreck on some unknown coast, he will most devoutly pray that the lesson of the missionary may have preceded him.' The author of that letter was none other than Charles Darwin. And after his return from his around-the-world trip he was transformed.

Consider the Papuans, one of the aboriginal tribes of New Guinea. Missionaries from Holland began to work with them and, in 1860, the first fruits of the New Holland Mission were seen when a man named Nathaniel Pepper, one of the aborigines, accepted Christ. Some years later, when thousands had been converted, the Papuan school won first prize in academic competitions among the twelve hundred colonial schools in New Holland. Quite a feat!

Sceptics may have built a few leprosariums, hospitals and orphanages, but by far it's been the followers of Jesus Christ who have made the greatest impact on this world.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 27-31 Lk 6:1-16 Ps 122 Pro 17:18-21.

Credit: Grace So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEARN TO WORK WITH OTHERS

Wednesday, 11th July, 2018.

'Be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.' 1 Corinthians 1:10 NLT

There's a legend about a covey of quail that lived in a forest. The birds were happy there, apart from their enemy, the quail catcher. He would imitate their call, and then when they gathered together he'd throw a net over them, stuff them into his hunting basket, and carry them off to market. Finally a wise old quail said, 'Brothers and sisters, I have a plan. When the quail catcher throws his net over us, we should all put our heads into a section of the net together and start flapping our wings. That way we can lift it as one and fly off with it.' The birds all agreed, and the next day they did exactly that, making a successful escape. When the quail-catcher's wife asked him, 'Where are the quail to take to market?' he replied, 'When they all got together there was no stopping them!'

Writing to the Corinthian church, the apostle Paul said, 'Some members of Chloe's household have told me about your quarrels' (1 Corinthians 1:11 NLT). He told them, 'Live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions...Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose' (1 Corinthians 1:10 NLT).

Success in any venture calls for the death of individual ego and self-interest. So when a mistake is made, refuse to place blame. Be forgiving, and don't allow an offence to develop into bitterness. Offer praise for other team members' strengths, and offer help in their areas of weakness. Be conscientious and dependable and stay focused on the bigger goal. When we learn to work together there's no stopping us!

Soulfood: Eph 1:1-4:16 Lk 6:17-26 Ps 137 Pro 17:22-23.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE STEPS TO SUCCESS

Tuesday, 31st July, 2018.

'He will make certain each step you take is sure.' Psalm 37:23 CEV

To succeed in life, you need these four things:

(1) Morals. What are you willing to compromise to get where you're trying to go? You can't get there any old way you like; you must have boundaries. Yes, we've all broken the rules at some time or other, but thank God we had rules to break. We were able to realign ourselves because somebody had pitched a tent on where 'right' is. Today people don't seem to know or care much about that. (2) Methods. A goal without a plan is like a road to nowhere. First the goal, then the plan, then the process. Adapting this simple three-step formula helps you understand that you won't just leap into success. There are methods you must employ and stay with!

(3) Means. When God gives you the 'vision', he also gives you the 'provision'. When that doesn't happen, either the timing is not right or what you want differs from what he has in mind for you. God's provision can come as an idea that hits you suddenly, or a thought that takes root and grows over time. And his provision involves help from other people, so walk in love wherever you go. (4) Management. Jesus said, 'To whom much is given...much will be required' (Luke 12:48 NKJV). Some people act like 'it's over' when God gives it to them. No, it's just beginning. And guess who your biggest management challenge will be? You! That's why the psalmist wrote, 'If you do what the Lord wants, he will make certain each step you take is sure' (Psalm 37:23 CEV).

Soulfood: Ezra 3-5 Lk 10:1-12 Ps 78:1-8 Pro 19:21-23.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PUT GOD FIRST IN ALL THINGS

Wednesday, 1st August, 2018.

'Seek first the Kingdom of God.' Matthew 6:33 NKJV

Until the sixteenth century, scientists believed the earth was the centre of the universe and the sun revolved around it. Then an astronomer called Copernicus came along and argued that the sun didn't revolve around the earth, the earth revolved around the sun. In so doing, he revolutionised the scientific world forever.

And when it comes to discipleship, Jesus did the same thing: 'Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you' (Matthew 6:33 NKJV). At its core, sinfulness is selfishness. It's enthroning yourself - your desires, your needs, your plans - above all else. You may still seek God, but you don't seek him 'first'. Instead of trying to fulfil his purposes, you try to get him to fulfil yours. Who's following who? Instead of following Jesus, you're trying to get him to follow you. It doesn't work that way. 'Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it"' (Matthew 16:24-25 NKJV). Note the words 'loses his life for my sake'. There's a lot of talk today about 'finding yourself'.

The way to find yourself - is to seek God. D.L. Moody said, 'The world has yet to see what God will do with and for and through and in and by the man or woman who is fully and wholly consecrated to him.' If you're willing to surrender yourself to God, there's no telling what he will do with you.

Soulfood: Ezra 6-8 Lk 10:13-24 Ps 78:9-16 Pro 19:24-26.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DISCIPLESHIP MEANS DYING TO SELF

Thursday, 2nd August, 2018.

'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.' Luke 9:23 NIV

In AD 44, King Herod ordered 'James the Greater' to be thrust through with the sword. He was the first of the apostles to be martyred. Luke was hanged from an olive tree in Greece. Doubting Thomas was burned alive in India. Philip was crucified, and preached from the cross with his dying breaths. Matthew was stabbed in the back in Ethiopia. Bartholomew was flogged to death in Armenia. 'James the Just' was thrown off the south-east pinnacle of the temple in Jerusalem, then clubbed to death by a mob. 'Simon the Zealot' was crucified by the governor of Syria in AD 74. Judas Thaddaeus was beaten to death with sticks in Mesopotamia. Matthias, who replaced Judas Iscariot, was stoned to death and beheaded. Peter was crucified upside down at his own request. When 'John the Beloved' survived being put in a cauldron of boiling water, the Emperor Diocletian exiled him to the island of Patmos.

Now you will probably not be called to die physically for Christ, but to be his disciple you must die to yourself. Jesus said, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it' (Luke 9:23-24 NIV).

If you want to find yourself, you must be willing to lose yourself in the cause of Christ. If you want to come alive in the fullest sense, you must be willing to die to all forms of self-centeredness and live for Christ.

Soulfood: Ezra 9-10 Lk 10:25-37 Ps 78:17-31 Pro 19:27-29.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:55am On Aug 04, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

TO SERVE OTHERS YOU MUST FIRST SEE THEM

Saturday, 4th August, 2018.

'And fixing his eyes on him...Peter said, "Look at us."' Acts 3:4 NKJV

The Bible says: 'A certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple; who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. And fixing his eyes on him...Peter said, "Look at us." So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them - walking, leaping, and praising God' (Acts 3:2-8 NKJV).

This miracle begins with the words: 'And fixing his eyes on him...Peter said, "Look at us."' And it continues with the words: 'He took him by the right hand and lifted him up.' In certain Zulu areas of South Africa, people greet each other with a phrase that means 'I see you'. Could this be God's strategy for human hurt? First, kind eyes meet desperate ones. Next, strong hands help weak ones. Then, the miracle of God. We do our small part, he does the big part, and life at the Beautiful gate begins to be just that - 'beautiful'.

To serve others you must first see them, and to lift them you must first love them because you know Jesus does.

Soulfood: 1 Jn 3:11-5:21 Lk 11:1-13 Ps 78:40-55 Pro 20:4-6.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR 1

Sunday, 5th August, 2018.

'I...praise You, for I am...wonderfully made.' Psalm 139:14 NKJV

The story's told of a man who had a morbid fear of thunder, so he went to see a psychiatrist. 'You have a condition called brontophobia,' the doctor said. 'It's silly to be afraid of thunder at your age. Just think of it as a drum roll in the symphony of life.' 'What if that doesn't work?' the man asked. The psychiatrist replied, 'Then do what I do. When you hear thunder, stuff cotton wool in your ears, crawl under the bed, and sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" at the top of your lungs until the thunder stops.'

Seriously, most fears are based on feelings, not facts. Try to look beyond your fears and uncover the expectations that lie beneath them. For example, if you were raised in poverty you may be afraid to be generous. If you were abandoned you may be afraid to trust anyone, or you may cling to people and try to control them. If you were abused you may fear emotional and physical intimacy. If you were constantly criticised you may be afraid that God won't forgive you. If you don't feel beautiful or intelligent, or you're not from a high-class family, you may be afraid to mix with people or talk to them in case they look down on you.

American humourist James Thurber wrote, 'All men should strive to learn before they die, what they are running from, and to, and why.' David not only pinpointed the source of his fears, but the source of his self-worth and security: 'I...praise You, for I am...wonderfully made; marvellous are your works.' When you know you have God's approval, your fears begin to die.

Soulfood: Jn 1:1-14 Mt 4:12-16 Matt 5:14-16 Acts 9:1-19.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR 2

Monday, 6th August, 2018.

'His compassions fail not. They are new every morning.' Lamentations 3:22-23 NKJV

Cardinal J.H. Newman said, 'Fear not that thy life shall come to an end, but that it shall never have a beginning.' If you let fear take over your life, you'll never fully live. The truth is that many of our fears are totally unfounded. Haven't you found that to be so? Studies show that 95 per cent of what we fear is baseless, and the rest are things we must learn to live with. Perhaps the best approach is to adopt the attitude of the poet Gertrude Stein, who said, 'Considering how dangerous everything is, nothing is really frightening.'

Humanly speaking, there are no guarantees in life. We look to many things to protect us: insurance policies, burglar alarms, travellers' cheques, aspirin, umbrellas, GPS systems and airbags. But the truth is that life is dangerous, damaging to your health, and will eventually kill you. So you might as well live to the fullest. Shakespeare said, 'He is not worthy of the honeycomb who shuns the hive because the bees have stings.' Don't let fear keep you from taking small steps in your development. You never know where they may lead.

There are two things that are ever-present with us in life: fear and faith. And every day you live, you choose one or the other. Jeremiah chose faith. He wrote: 'Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion...therefore I hope in him!" The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him' (Lamentations 3:22-25 NKJV).

Soulfood: 1 Chr 1-2 Lk 11:14-28 Ps 78:56-64 Pro 20:7-10.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR 3

Tuesday, 7th August, 2018.

'We shall reap if we do not lose heart.' Galatians 6:9 NKJV

Don't allow what you can't do to interfere with what you can do. Boxing manager Cus D'Amato said, 'The hero and the coward both feel the same fear, but the hero uses his fear and projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same fear; it's what you do with it that matters.'

Most negative emotions can be converted into something positive to help us get further in life. Are you afraid of poverty? Convert it into a work ethic. Are you afraid of greediness? Convert it into generosity. Are you afraid of rejection? Convert it into the ability to connect with people. Are you afraid of insignificance? Convert it to the service of others. As economist Roger Babson remarked, 'If things go wrong, don't go with them.' Instead, seek a new way to do it. You can turn your life around by taking the thing that once created fear, and using that energy to do something worthwhile. There are many things in life you can't control, and there's no good reason to worry about those things.

Writer Harold Stephens said, 'There's a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem; a concerned person solves a problem.' How can you become a problem-solver? By focusing on the things you can control. And the first one is your attitude. Remember, what happens to you isn't nearly as important as what happens in you. The second is your calendar. You may not be able to control today's circumstances, but you can do your best to plan the time you have. Most of us fear the future because we don't prepare for it.

Soulfood: 1 Chr 3:1-4:23 Lk 11:29-44 Ps 78:65-72 Pro 20:11-14.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:10am On Aug 08, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR 4

Wednesday, 8th August, 2018.

'Don't worry about tomorrow.' Matthew 6:34 NLT

Yesterday and tomorrow both clamour for our attention. Yesterday wants us to second-guess our decisions and worry if we did the right thing. That's wasted energy. As President Harry Truman said, 'If you've done the best you can - if you've done what you have to do - there's no use worrying about it because nothing can change it.' And tomorrow can also cause you to miss opportunities. Let's face it, most people arrive at a different destination in life than what they expected - some better, some worse, but all different. So focusing on the destination isn't necessarily a good idea. Besides, tomorrow may come, or it may not. There are no guarantees.

Jesus said, 'Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.' Jesus was talking to people who were worried about having the basic necessities in life, like food and clothes. And he said to them, 'Don't worry about these things...your heavenly Father already knows all your needs' (Matthew 6:31-32 NLT). The only place you really have any power - is in the present. Do what you can in the here and now despite your fear, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're doing everything within your power to reach your potential. If you project too far into the future, you'll suffer from the 'what ifs?' and your fears will run wild. American author Mark Twain quipped, 'I've been through some horrible things in my life - a few of which actually happened!'

Give your past and your future to God and live your life one day at a time, trusting him. That's how you overcome fear.

Soulfood: 1 Chr 4:24-5:26 Lk 11:45-54 Ps 119:1-8 Pro 20:15-18.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR 5

Thursday, 9th August, 2018.

'Faith comes by hearing...the word of God.' Romans 10:17 NKJV

Every day fear and faith will arise inside you, and you get to decide which one will prevail. Somebody wrote, 'Two natures beat within my breast; the one is foul, the other blessed. The one I love, the other I hate; the one I feed will dominate.' Fear and faith will always be present in your life, and the one you feed will come out on top. You can't expect fear to simply disappear. If you focus on your fears, entertain them, and give in to them, they'll increase. The way to overcome them is to starve them. Don't give them your time or energy. Don't feed them with gossip, negative news reports, or frightening films.

Focus on your faith, and each day feed it through God's Word (see Romans 10:17). The more energy and time you devote to your faith, the stronger it will become. Anytime you feel afraid of something but do it anyway, you reprogramme your attitude. In other words, when you feel afraid, it means 'go' instead of 'stop'; it means 'fight harder' instead of 'give up'.

The most important step you can take to overcome fear is trusting God to do the thing you think you can't do. No matter how strong a hold fear may have on you, it can be overcome. That's because fear is in your mind, and your mind can be renewed by the Word of God. Here's the key: 'Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God' (Romans 12:2 NKJV).

Soulfood: 1 Chr 6:1-7:19 Lk 12:1-12 Ps 119:9-16 Pro 20:19-21.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LET IT GO

Friday, 10th August, 2018.

'Cast out this bondwoman and her son.' Genesis 21:10 NKJV

When Abraham tried to hurry the plan of God and fulfil it through well-intentioned but misguided human effort, Ishmael was born. Perhaps you have tried something similar yourself. We all have our 'Ishmaels' - a good idea that wasn't a God idea. And it can complicate your life. So God told Abraham, 'Cast out this bondwoman and her son' (Genesis 21:10 NKJV). In other words: 'It's time to deal with your past and clean out your cupboard. This thing is holding you back, and until you deal with it you can't move forward to your destiny. Get it out of your life and don't look back!'

Sometimes your miracle (Isaac) and your mistake (Ishmael) can live together for a while under the same roof. Things can be so good in one area of your life, yet so bad in another. But there comes a time when God says, 'Because of the plans I have for you, you must put this thing out of your life.' And that's not easy. It's painful letting go of what your flesh craves or cherishes. But you have only two options: be led by your emotions and miss out on God's best, or say, 'As much as I love this person or thing, I love the Lord more.'

When you're willing to walk away from something you thought you had to have because you love God more, that's called 'the sacrifice of praise' (Hebrews 13:15). And when you offer it up to God, you position yourself to experience a new level of his blessing. Is God speaking to you today about something similar in your life? If so, let it go!

Soulfood: 1 Chr 7:20-9:44 Lk 12:13-21 Ps 119:17-24 Pro 20:22-24.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HALFTRUTHS AND FALSE IMPRESSIONS

Saturday, 11th August, 2018

'Deliver my soul...from lying lips, and...a deceitful tongue.' Psalm 120:2 NKJV

When you deliberately create a false impression, the Bible calls it dealing in 'falsehood...error, deception, cheating' (Revelation 22:15 AMP). That may sound harsh, especially if all you had in mind was making an extra dollar, sparing someone's feelings, or trying to make yourself look better. No human being would set such a standard, but God does. And he's serious about it. Case in point: Ananias and Sapphira. When this couple tried to create a false impression about their giving, they dropped dead in the presence of the apostles. As a result, 'No one else dared join them' (Acts 5:13 NIV). How long would you have lasted in that church? Peter said, 'You have not lied to men but to God' (Acts 5:4 NKJV). That puts a whole new slant on it, doesn't it?

The story's told of a guy who went fishing and caught nothing. So he stopped by the market on his way home and bought three fish. Then he told the shop assistant, 'Throw them to me - that way when I get home I can tell my wife I caught them.' Solomon said, 'My mouth speaks what is true...All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse' (Proverbs 8:7-8 NIV).

Some of the worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves, and end up believing. And another thought: a liar's biggest problem is they can't believe anybody else, because how you live your life is how you judge your neighbour. So if you have a problem telling the truth, pray, 'Deliver my soul...Lord, from lying lips, and...a deceitful tongue' (Psalm 120:2 NKJV).

Soulfood: 1 Chr 10:1-12:22 Lk 12:22-34 Ps 119:25-32 Pro 20:25-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THE PARENTAL GUILT TRIP

Sunday, 12th August, 2018.

'My son [and daughter], if your heart is wise, my heart will rejoice.' Proverbs 23:15 NKJV

Since there are no perfect people, there can be no perfect parents. So though you love your children dearly, at times you'll get tired, frustrated, disappointed and irritable. The secret is to make such times the exception rather than the rule.

A Christian psychologist writes: 'A few years ago I asked one thousand mothers and fathers to describe their greatest frustrations in raising kids. I heard many humorous stories about sticky telephones and wet toilet seats and knotted shoestrings. One mother actually wanted to know why toddlers never throw up in the bathroom...But in our poll parents didn't merely laugh about their frustrations - they tended to blame themselves. They said they were overwhelmed and were losing confidence in their ability to do the job. Many were having trouble just coping from day to day. How sad it is that this ancient responsibility of raising children has become so burdensome and laden with guilt. Actually, the facts won't support that self-condemnation in the majority of cases. Most mums and dads are doing a creditable job at home - and it's time someone patted them on the back for their commitment and sacrifice. Some day when the frustrations of toddlerhood and the turmoil of adolescence have passed, they'll enjoy the sweet benefits of being very good and loving parents. Hang in there, Mum and Dad; you're more skilled than you think you are.'

Solomon spells out the parent's true reward: 'My son [and daughter], if your heart is wise, my heart will rejoice' (Proverbs 23:15 NKJV).

Soulfood: Ex 16:1-18 Jn 6:1-15 John 6:25-40 1 Cor 11:23-24.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:27am On Aug 13, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD IS DIRECTING YOUR STEPS

Monday, 13th August, 2018

'The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.' Psalm 37:23 NKJV

Elijah's destiny was to stand on Mount Carmel, call down fire from Heaven, and deliver Israel from idolatry. But he could only get there one step at a time. That's how God works.

First God sent Elijah to a brook at Cherith (which means 'covenant'). On your spiritual journey you will discover that God is a covenant-making, covenant-keeping God. He miraculously dried up the Jordan River, made an axe-head float, and caused fish to swim into an empty net - proving that when he makes a promise he keeps it. When God sent Elijah to Cherith, he told him, 'I have commanded the ravens to feed you there' (1 Kings 17:4 NKJV). Had Elijah gone elsewhere, God wouldn't have met his needs. Why? Because a covenant is two-sided; when you do your part, God does his. Next God sent Elijah to Zarephath, saying, 'I have commanded a widow...to provide for you' (1 Kings 17:9 NKJV). Think about it: God used a flesh-eating bird and a penniless widow to feed Elijah, so stop trying to second-guess him! The Bible says, 'The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord' (Psalm 37:23 NKJV).

So here's the question: if you truly believe that Scripture, why are you complaining, worrying, and trying to figure everything out instead of trusting him? Zarephath means 'a crucible', a place where metal is refined. If you're going through a fiery trial today, rejoice - God is separating the gold from the impurities in your character. When you've passed the test at Cherith and Zarephath, you'll be ready for the blessing of Mount Carmel!

Soulfood: 1 Chr 12:23-15:29 Lk 12:35-48 Ps 119:33-40 Pro 20:28-30.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:42am On Aug 15, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PROTECT GOD'S PRESENCE

Wednesday, 15th August, 2018

'How can the ark of the Lord come to me?' 2 Samuel 6:9 NKJV

In the Old Testament the most recognised symbol of God's presence was the ark of the covenant. Wherever the ark was, God's presence was there. But Israel allowed the Philistines to steal it. There's an important lesson here. Satan is out to rob you of your sense of God's presence!

Israel lost the ark for one reason - disobedience. You always lose your sense of God's presence at the point of disobedience. What is God telling you to do, or stop doing? He won't negotiate, compromise or overlook disobedience; you must deal with it before you can go forward. David asked, 'How can the ark of the Lord come to me?' (2 Samuel 6:9 NKJV), because all efforts to bring it back to Israel had failed. Somebody suggested putting it on a new cart. Somebody else suggested they get Uzzah (whose name signifies strength) and Ahio (whose name denotes brotherliness) to drive the cart (see 2 Samuel 6:3 NKJV). Most people thought this was a great plan, but God didn't. So much for people's opinions! David had the best of intentions, but they didn't line up with God's will. God had already told Israel that the ark must be carried on the shoulders of anointed priests. In other words, those who knew how to: (a) walk in balance; (b) walk in love and unity; (c) walk in obedience.

Are you getting the message? If you treasure God's presence in your life and want to protect it, apply these principles.

Soulfood: 1 Chr 19:1-23:20 Lk 13:1-17 Ps 119:49-56 Pro 21:4-6.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

A REGENERATED SPIRIT

Thursday, 16th August, 2018

'May your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless.' 1 Thessalonians 5:23 NLT

If you were simply a 'spirit-being' your spiritual potential would be unlimited. But you must constantly contend with your 'soul', which comprises your emotions, will and intellect. And in addition, you have to cope with the needs and appetites of your physical 'body'. Pray as you will, your 'soulish' nature won't suddenly wake up one morning with the desire to please God because it's always in conflict with his will (see Romans 8:7-cool. When you 'walk in the flesh' it will take you down the wrong road every time. Like a spoiled child, it must be disciplined and made subject to your regenerated spirit. Your soul, on the other hand, is constantly caught between your flesh, which says no to God, and your spirit, which says yes to him.

That's why your soul (will, emotions, and intellect) must be reprogrammed daily by God's Word. Paul says, 'Let God transform you...by [renewing] the way you think' (Romans 12:2 NLT). Whatever you programme into your computer is what you get out, right? Similarly, when you begin to think scripturally you begin to live victoriously. The real action takes place in your spirit - the part of you that was renewed and regenerated when you were born again.

When God's Spirit became intimate with your spirit it resulted in a new birth, and as you grow spiritually you begin to produce spiritual fruit (see Galatians 5:22). As that happens you start to realise you are actually a regenerated spirit living in an un-regenerated body. Knowing this will help you understand many of your struggles, and pray: 'Lord, I'm completely yours: "spirit and soul and body".'

Soulfood: 1 Chr 23:21-26:19 Lk 13:18-35 Ps 119:57-64 Pro 21:7-9.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOU ARE IRREVERSIBLY BLESSED

Friday, 17th August, 2018

'He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.' Numbers 23:20 NKJV

The Israelites conquered the Promised Land and took possession of it, one town and one city at a time. As they approached Moab, one of its princes named Balak hired a prophet named Balaam to pronounce a curse upon the advancing Israeli armies. Standing on a mountain overlooking the camp of Israel, Balak expected curses to come pouring out of Balaam's mouth. But instead, came blessings. When he asked Balaam why, he replied: 'I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot reverse it. He has not observed iniquity in Jacob, nor has he seen wickedness in Israel. The Lord his God is with him' (Numbers 23:20-21 NKJV). Was that because there was no 'iniquity' or 'wickedness' among the Israelites? No. Then how could God not see it? For the same reason he doesn't see your faults and failings - because he has chosen to see you 'in Christ' who is perfect, and whose atoning blood covers all your sins from the new birth to the new Jerusalem.

When the Israelites set up camp each night, their tents formed the shape of a big cross; picture the tents of eight tribes running vertically, and four tribes running horizontally. Getting the picture? As a redeemed child of God, that's how your heavenly Father sees you. He looks at you - through the cross. And since the blood of Jesus paid for every sin you would ever commit, God sees you as 'accepted' and 'righteous' and 'complete'.

So the word for you today is: because God sees you in Christ, you are irreversibly blessed.

Soulfood: 1 Chr 26:20-29:30 Lk 14:1-14 Ps 119:65-72 Pro 21:10-13.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:53am On Aug 18, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEARNING FROM THE RULER 1

Saturday, 18th August, 2018

'You still lack one thing.' Luke 18:22 NKJV

Luke records: 'A certain ruler asked him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" So Jesus said to him... "You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Honour your father and your mother.'" And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth." So when Jesus heard these things, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in Heaven; and come, follow me." But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich' (Luke 18:18-23 NKJV).

This ruler had two problems, and Jesus put his finger on each. First, he discovered that keeping a bunch of religious rules cannot fill the emptiness in your soul; only a relationship with Christ can do that. Second, he discovered that he didn't just own riches, his riches owned him and kept him from following Christ. He had so much potential. He could have leveraged his resources, his network and his energy for Kingdom causes, but he wanted to keep it all for himself. And the Bible captions his life in four words: 'He became very sorrowful.'

Here's the score. The rich young ruler eventually became the rich old ruler. Until the day he died he'd remember the words of Jesus: 'Come, follow me.' And Jesus makes the same offer to you. If you say no, you'll regret it at the end of your life. If you say yes, you'll be rewarded with joy and a level of blessing you never knew was possible.

Soulfood: 2 Chr 1-4 Lk 14:15-24 Ps 119:73-80 Pro 21:14-16.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEARNING FROM THE RULER 2

Sunday, 19 August, 2018

'All these things I have kept from my youth.' Luke 18:21 NKJV

The rich young ruler may rank as one of the most religious people in Scripture. He kept all the commandments. But you can do nothing wrong, and still do nothing right. By definition, righteousness is doing something right. But we've reduced it to doing nothing wrong. We fixate on sins of commission: don't do this, don't do that - and you're okay. But that is holiness by subtraction. It's your sins of omission - what you would have, could have, and should have done - that break the heart of your heavenly Father. If you're a parent, you understand this. You love it when your kids don't do something wrong, but you love it even more when they do something right.

You have been saved to serve! Paul says God 'created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us' (Ephesians 2:10 NLT). God has a personal plan for your life called 'His Will'. But you can't just play defence, you have to play offence. You can't just do nothing wrong, you have to do something right. You can't just follow the rules, you've been called to follow Jesus. If you feel bad for the rich young ruler it shouldn't be because of what Jesus asked him to give up, but because of the opportunity he passed up. Imagine saying no to a three-year internship with your Creator! What Jesus asked him to give up was nothing compared to what Jesus offered him in return. Sadly, he said no. But you can say yes, and begin living the most wonderful life possible.

Soulfood: Jn 4:4-26 Jn 7:37-41 Exo 17:1-7 Isa 35:1-7.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

BE STRONG BE RESILIENT

Tuesday, 21st August, 2018

'Lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.' Isaiah 54:2 NIV

The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco can move up to twenty feet in either direction at its centre. All of its parts, including its concrete roadway, steel railings and cross-beams, are connected from one welded joint to another through the vast cable system to two great towers, then down to a rock foundation beneath the Pacific.

Here are two important biblical truths we learn from this: (1) You must be strong. Paul writes: 'Let the mighty strength of the Lord make you strong. Put on all the armor that God gives, so you can defend yourself against the devil's tricks. We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and powers in the spiritual world. So put on all the armor that God gives. Then when that evil day comes, you will be able to defend yourself. And when the battle is over, you will still be standing firm' (Ephesians 6:10-13 CEV). (2) You must be resilient! The Golden Gate Bridge has survived a century of earthquakes because it was built to sway - but not too far. It's flexible and resilient - you must be too. Paul wrote: 'We often suffer, but we are never crushed. Even when we don't know what to do, we never give up. In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again' (2 Corinthians 4:8-9 CEV).

Soulfood: 2 Chr 8-11 Lk 15:1-10 Ps 119:89-96 Pro 21:20-23.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HONOUR YOUR PARENTS

Wednesday, 22nd August, 2018

'Listen to your father...and don't despise your mother.' Proverbs 23:22 NLT

You don't learn how to be a parent in school or college, you learn it 'on the job'. And you make lots of mistakes, ones you sometimes look back on and cringe. But through it all, you love your children and want only what's best for them.

What's the point? If your parents failed you, then you probably have wounds that need to be healed. And God says, 'I am the Lord who heals you' (Exodus 15:26 NKJV). But don't fall into the trap of self-pity by buying into the idea that you came from a 'dysfunctional family'. Some families are better than others, but all of them have areas of dysfunction. Look back and consider your parents' circumstances and some of the challenges they faced while raising you, and perhaps you'll be able to view the mistakes they made with a little more compassion. They are human beings, just as you are; they make mistakes, just as you do. Nobody's perfect. By showing compassion towards them you'll be better able to show compassion towards yourself when you inevitably make mistakes with your own children. And - this is important - when your children see you extending grace towards your parents, they'll be better able to extend it towards you.

So if you need to forgive your parents, do it today and move on. Don't keep bringing it up. Would you like God to keep reminding you of the sins he's forgiven you for? No? Then try to show that same grace and compassion. And pray for them. Why? Because when you pray for somebody it's hard to complain about them!

Soulfood: 2 Chr 12-15 Lk 15:11-32 Ps 119:97-104 Pro 21:24-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:18am On Aug 23, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

THOUGHTS FOR DREAMERS

Thursday, 23rd August, 2018

'Joseph had a dream...and they hated him.' Genesis 37:5 NKJV

First, dreamers are willing to make trade-offs. When God puts a dream in your heart you'll have to make certain trade-offs, like forfeiting popularity for the pursuit of excellence and short-term pleasure for long-term fulfilment. Paul understood this principle: 'The Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me' (Acts 20:23-24 NKJV). Second, dreamers aren't always appreciated. 'Joseph had a dream...he told it to his brothers; and they hated him' (Genesis 37:5 NKJV). Some people won't appreciate your dream because it reminds them of the dream they never had, or one they abandoned. And when they try to talk you out of your dream, often they're trying to talk themselves back into their comfort zone. They will present you with every 'rational' excuse they've ever given themselves. So how should you respond? Love them, help them if you can, but don't be influenced by those who have given up on their dream. Author John Mason says, 'If you move with God you'll be critiqued. The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing and be nothing.' Third, dreamers are overcomers. Joseph's dream enabled him to overcome temptation at the hands of Potiphar's wife, betrayal by his family, false imprisonment, and a lot of other things that cause us to quit. God's purpose alone should be the stuff of which your dream is made.

To discover your dream, get to know your strengths and weaknesses. Observe where God has placed you, seek his counsel, and look for opportunities and 'Kingdom connections'. When you do, he'll give you a dream for your life and help you fulfil it.

Soulfood: 2 Chr 16-18 Lk 16:1-18 Ps 119:105-112 Pro 21:28-31.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WE ARE TRAINED BY OUR TROUBLES

Saturday, 25 August, 2018

'Our...affliction...is working for us.' 2 Corinthians 4:17 NKJV

Contrary to what you may think, the ideal environment for your children is not one that's devoid of problems and trials. Though it's hard to accept at the time, your children need the minor setbacks and disappointments that come their way. How can they learn to cope with problems and frustrations as adults, if their early experiences are totally without them?

Nature tells us this. A tree that's planted in a rain forest is never forced to extend its roots downward in search of water. As a result, it remains poorly anchored and can be toppled by even a moderate wind. By contrast, the mesquite tree that's planted in a dry desert is threatened by its hostile environment. How does it survive? By driving its roots down thirty feet or more into the earth, seeking for water. By adapting and adjusting to harsh conditions, the well-rooted tree becomes strong and steady against all assailants. Our children are like these two types of trees. Children who have learned to conquer their problems are better anchored and better able than those who have never faced them.

So your task is not to eliminate every challenge your child faces. Rather, it's to serve as a confident ally on their behalf, encouraging them in their distress, intervening when the threat becomes overwhelming, and being available when the crisis comes. You need to give them the tools with which to handle the inevitable problems and pressures of life. Paul expresses it this way: 'For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us' (2 Corinthians 4:17 NKJV). Bottom line: we are trained by our troubles.

Soulfood: 2 Chr 22-24 Lk 17:1-10 Ps 119:121-128 Pro 22: 4-7.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

UNITED BY THE SPIRIT

Sunday, 26th August, 2018

'I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh.' Acts 2:17 NKJV

Jesus was called a 'friend of...sinners' (Matthew 11:19). Why? Because he didn't analyse and label people. He didn't seek out the well-heeled and well-behaved. He included them, but he didn't limit himself to their company. He sought out those who were marginalised and ostracised by society, and reached out to them with God's love. 'But what about their sinful practices?' you ask. 'Mightn't it look like we're excusing their lifestyle?' One day the Pharisees brought a woman to Jesus, saying, 'This woman was caught in adultery, in the very act' (John 8:4 NKJV). Notice what Jesus did; he stooped down to her level and brought her back up to his! Only then did he say, 'Go and sin no more' (John 8:11 NKJV).

The fact is, if people could clean up their act before coming to the Lord, they wouldn't need him. The church was born when God's Spirit was poured out on people from every race, culture, tradition and background. You can't have a genuine outpouring of the Spirit where people are alienated and excluded. When the world sees us coming together in unity under one anointing, they're going to run again to the Upper Room crying, 'What shall we do?' (Acts 2:37).

Paul wrote: 'I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first (the insiders) and also... the Greek (the outsiders)' (Romans 1:16 NKJV). As believers we have the formula for making broken people whole. But before we can share it with them and have credibility, we must first be united by the Spirit.

Soulfood: Jn 10:1-18 Rev 7:13-17 Ps 23 Luke 15:1-7.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD WILL PROTECT YOU

Monday, 27th August, 2018

'He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions.' Daniel 6:27 NLT

One Bible teacher writes: 'There have been times when I wanted God to rescue me from certain pits, but he didn't. Why? Because he wanted me to learn that his grace was sufficient in the pit. The question is never, "What will God do when all around me spells destruction?" The question is, "What will I do?" I may not be able to conquer the lions, but I don't have to - that's God's job. Daniel said, "My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions...because I was found innocent in his sight" (Daniel 6:22 NIV). I may not be able to stop legislation from being enacted against me, but like Daniel, I can call on my God. "He prayed three times a day" (Daniel 6:10 NLT).

Stop exhausting yourself fighting the enemy and the conditions around you; they are too many. Just lean on God and be innocent of the charges made by those who are jealous or afraid because of your position with God and man. God didn't rescue Daniel from the pit; he delivered him from the power of the enemy while he was in the pit. The lions were still there when Daniel left, waiting for their next victim. But they had no power over him - and as a redeemed child of God they have no power over you either.

Daniel went on to prosper in the kingdom, and that's what God plans for you too.' The Bible tells us, 'He rescues and saves his people...He...rescued Daniel from the power of the lions' (Daniel 6:27 NLT). When you walk with God you can count on him to protect you.

Soulfood: 2 Chr 25-28 Lk 17:11-19 Ps 119:129-136 Pro 22:8-10.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

CHANGE CAN BEGIN WITH YOU

Tuesday, 28th August, 2018

'Build an altar to the Lord your God.' Judges 6:26 NKJV

We may all be aware of individuals who have done something really wrong, and then try hide it or find someone else to blame. Often we might try to excuse ourselves by saying our shortcomings are hereditary, or try to blame our faults on our past - 'It was the way I was brought up;' 'I didn't know any better;' 'It's not my fault.' We may even try to cover up mistakes that our family has made in the past, thinking that it reflects badly on us.

When it comes to your upbringing and family tree, sometimes you can't do better than learn from it! But by God's grace you can do a lot about your future. Your parents may have stumbled in spiritual blindness, but you can walk in the light of God's Word - and take your family with you. Gideon, an Old Testament hero, grew up in a family of idol-worshippers. It was a cultural thing; everybody did it. But God had plans for Gideon, so the angel of the Lord visited him one day and said, 'Tear down the altar of Baal that your father has...and build an altar to the Lord your God' (Judges 6: 25-26 NKJV). Now, that wasn't an easy thing for Gideon to do because by nature he was a fearful person. And when he stepped out in faith to obey God, the townspeople wanted to kill him. But because Gideon said yes to God, he ended up changing his entire family.

So the word for you today is: change in your family can begin with you. Indeed, if not you - then who?

Soulfood: 2 Chr 29-31 Lk 17:20-37 Ps 119:137-144 Pro 22:11-13

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2018
THE WORD FOR TODAY

KEEP RUNNING

Thursday, 30th August, 2018

'Let us run with endurance the race.' Hebrews 12:1 NKJV

Experienced runners know if they can just keep going, eventually they'll get their 'second wind'. Some refer to it as 'runner's high', a release of adrenalin that makes you feel like you could run all day. So the word for you today is: keep running until you get your second wind!

Paul says: 'Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and...run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of...God...consider him who endured such hostility...lest you become weary and discouraged' (Hebrews 12:1-3 NKJV). Note the word 'endured'. Don't let what's going on around you sabotage what God's doing within you. Generally speaking, your outlook is affected by what's happening now. A drowning man isn't too impressed with something good that's going to happen tomorrow; he needs help today. Keep in mind that what you're going through right now is temporary - so look for a turnaround.

In the Old Testament God told Isaiah, 'Comfort my people...Tell them they have suffered long enough and their sins are now forgiven' (Isaiah 40:1-2 GNT). Then he went on to make them this wonderful promise: 'The hills will become a plain, and the rough country will be made smooth. Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it. The Lord himself has promised this' (Isaiah 4-5 GNT). Claim that promise for yourself today - and keep running!

Soulfood: 2 Chr 35-36 2 John Lk 18:18-30 Ps 119:161-168 Pro 22:17-19.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound / When A Guy Promised You Marriage Just Because Of Sex / Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.