Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (25630 Views)

Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 01, 2017
Gwaihir:

These cases are different. The two examples you cited were apostles of Christ to preach the gospel. They weren't ordinary humans living ordinary lives. I believe the bible said, those who lose their life for his sake will gain t and those who withhold it, will lose it. That is strictly based on the gospel of Christ.

I believe we are talking about daily lives here, daily lives that had to do with people not wanting you to survive, excel, live peacefully. Basically, people who are afflicting you to the point you can go insane or just lose hope on God. This affliction should be endured but not to the manner that who is responsible take victory over your soul. When the devil tormented Jesus did he just sit back and tolerated it or reprimanded him till he left?

When the human possessed by demons, was chased into pigs, should he have said such person should endure the torments?

When it was the woman who was an harlot, did he say her act was just or said there was justification for such? But that no one should judge the woman and told the woman to go and sin no more

There is grace for those who havent heard the word or come to the true understanding of God ditto for Stephen and Jesus. But for those who it has been repeatedly sounded in their ear and have known the gospel but still continue to do otherwise, there is no reason a man should continue to turn the other cheek or allow such person to continue to afflict you. You are basically just using yourself to suffer and also preventing that person to see the consequence of his/her choices. Ditto for Sodom and Gomorrah, and Ananias and Saphira.

It is also in the bible, that some people will not change from their ways until they experience terrible circumstances. That is when their eyes will open ditto for Paul.

@manilka did you ignore the emboldened or you just did not understand it?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by manikal: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2017
Why not leave judgement to God and focus on being that which you wish the other man was.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by MAYOWAAK: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2017
****COPIED

An enemy is someone who will not rest till he/she makes sure that your glory sinks into water. He/she will use witch power, visit Babalawo, follow mummy water, do blood covenant, do just anything, just to make sure that god's plan for your life doesn't come to pass. Anybody who is succeeding in life should thank the almighty God without whom his enemies would've overcome him.

With that introduction, let's do a little maths.

Everybody in Nigeria has an enemy. At least one enemy.

Nigeria's population is 180 million. If everybody has an enemy, then we will have 2 equal groups:

Group A: those who have enemies = 90 million

Group B: those who are the enemies of those who have enemies (group A) = 90 million also.

But since everybody must have an enemy, then group A must be the enemies of group B.

If Group A = enemies of Group B

and

Group B = enemies of Group A,

then,

Every Nigerian is both the enemy of someone and the victim of someone else's "enemy-ship"

Therefore, the phrase "Nigerian citizen" should be synonymous with "Nigerian enemy". When next the president wants to address the nation, instead of saying "My dear citizens", he should just say "My dear enemies".

No. We're not through. It's much more complicated than that.

Sometimes, depending on how glorious god's plan for someone's life is, one person can have more than 1 enemy. For the equation to balance, if there are people who have more than 1 enemy each, then there are people who will be enemies to more than 1 person each. This will be called "collaborative enemy-ship" aka "collabo enemy". This is the situation when an enemy from your father's side collaborates with another enemy from your mother's side and they both collaborate with 3 enemies from your place of work.

Also notice that I used 180 million for the calculation. That's the population of living Nigerians. Pregnancies too have enemies. This is what is called "congenital enemy" meaning the baby already has an enemy before she's born. A congenital enemy can be a hereditary enemy (the one that wants to "winshie" the baby for the sake of the parent or the shape of the mum's protruded belly) or an acquired enemy (the one that just becomes the baby's enemy because he has seen her star in the spirit realm).

Dead people too have enemies. This is what I call "post-mortem enemy". They will be firing spiritual arrows to the children because of their dead parent.

Even living people can also have what I call "recurrent enemy". This is an enemy that god has helped you to conquer but because you went back to a life of sin, the enemy has re-energized and resumed tormenting your life.

Other types of enemies include "temporary enemies", "chronic persistent enemies", "continuous intermittent enemies", and "transferred enemies". "Idiopathic enemies" are those who are your enemies for unknown reasons while "frenemies" are those who are both your friends and enemies at the same time.

So you see? The maths has broken down. This one is beyond human mathematics. It's only god that can reveal the answer to someone jare. The total number of enemies in Nigeria is definitely far more than the total number of citizens. I figure that if Nigerians are 180 millions, the enemies in Nigeria might be up to 600 million.

You might be thinking that you're nobody's enemy. You have a clean mind toward everybody. Let me disappoint you. Unknown to you, there's someone that's looking at you that you're his/her enemy. So everybody is an enemy of someone else. But we pray that god should blind our enemies, cripple our enemies, turn them to lunatics, before finally striking them dead. If god answers prayers, then 180 million Nigerians would have gone blind, then crippled, and then psycho before the 923,768 sq. km surface of the country called Nigeria getting littered with 180 million corpses.

Once again, maybe I don't understand these things because they are beyond human understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by DeRay98(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2017
There are humans who harbour evil spiritual powers that they use to attack and hinder other humans from progressing in life.
These humans are not the enemies to embrace, so you attack ( through prayers and NEVER by physical means) the spirit they harbour and if they won't let go of those spirit and allow you to fulfil your potentials in life, they must die so the spirit have no access to you anymore. Christian are never to physically attack anyone if you suspect you under spiritual attack.
Disagreement on issues shouldn't be taken as enermity unless you're evil yourself. embarassed
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by BAYLAN: 10:03am On Oct 01, 2017
If God answers all the somersault and die by fire prayers (Curses) by our people in the Mountain...then, the Road Safety Corps and Emergency Managers would not have piece of rest any day otherwise they will be busy on clearing the mess as a result of the Somersaulted dead people on every corner of roads. May God help us by this DIE! DIE!! DIE!!! DIE!!!! DIE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Maximus85(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:
What about God who said love you enemy and sends his to eternal fire undecided
If c God is a hypocrite wouldn't his followers learn from him undecided

God is sending nobody to any eternal fire. The eternal fire mentioned in the Bible is figurative. The Bible said hell and death will be casted into this same eternal fire. How is that possible?
Hence, the eternal fire symbolizes eternal destruction.

God is not wicked as these half baked yahoo yahoo pastors teaches. They know nothing.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Maximus85(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2017
DeRay98:
There are humans who harbour evil spiritual powers that they use to attack and hinder other humans from progressing in life.
These humans are not the enemies to embrace, so you attack ( through prayers and NEVER by physical means) the spirit they harbour and if they won't let go of those spirit and allow you to fulfil your potentials in life, they must die so the spirit have no access to you anymore. Christian are never to physically attack anyone if you suspect you under spiritual attack.
Disagreement on issues shouldn't be taken as enermity unless you're evil yourself. embarassed

The same way you will kill a child that wants to give u hypertension, abi?

How many of your so-called enemies have died since you've been shouting die die die? Aren't you someone's enemy? And if you believe that God answers such stupid prayers, then you must seriously check yourself.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Fvcknames: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2017
Sorry, those that were arguing at the beginning, I want to just ask something, I remember in the old testament where some peeps wanted to build a tower that'll reach heaven and were succeeding till God had to intervene, but current science says that building a tower to the moon alone presently is almost impossible, then how possible was it to build to heaven back then?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Agbanasm: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2017
The enemy we are talking about here is a spiritual one who hates your existence and also vowed that one will not progress or succeed in life
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by laponsky(m): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2017
Praying die-die prayers is a sign of a powerless and lazy christian.
HOW & WHY?
Scripturally, our enemies are spiritual- satan and his demons. They can't die as they are spiritbeings. They have an appointed time to be judged and they are aware of this truth. No amount and fervency of die-die prayers can kill them.
BUT WHAT OF THEIR HUMAN AGENTS?
Scripturally, they are victims that are in torment themselves. What they need is deliverance- casting out the evil spirits.
Most African christians, cause of cultural and social trends, find it easier to 'kill their enemies'
VERDICT
Any christian who engages in such 'hot' prayers is only doing bodily exercises and is acting 'ultra vires' for Jesus commanded us to cast out evil spirits and not to kill the victims of their possesion.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Benez: 11:49am On Oct 01, 2017
But the bible confirms that Elijah pronounced that "if I am a son of God, let fire fall" fire indeed fell and consumed his enemies. So why did Elijah not pray for those enemies?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by LogicStatement: 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
Gwaihir:

These cases are different. The two examples you cited were apostles of Christ to preach the gospel. They weren't ordinary humans living ordinary lives. I believe the bible said, those who lose their life for his sake will gain t and those who withhold it, will lose it. That is strictly based on the gospel of Christ.

I believe we are talking about daily lives here, daily lives that had to do with people not wanting you to survive, excel, live peacefully. Basically, people who are afflicting you to the point you can go insane or just lose hope on God. This affliction should be endured but not to the manner that who is responsible take victory over your soul. When the devil tormented Jesus did he just sit back and tolerated it or reprimanded him till he left?

When the human possessed by demons, was chased into pigs, should he have said such person should endure the torments?

When it was the woman who was an harlot, did he say her act was just or said there was justification for such? But that no one should judge the woman and told the woman to go and sin no more

There is grace for those who havent heard the word or come to the true understanding of God ditto for Stephen and Jesus. But for those who it has been repeatedly sounded in their ear and have known the gospel but still continue to do otherwise, there is no reason a man should continue to turn the other cheek or allow such person to continue to afflict you. You are basically just using yourself to suffer and also preventing that person to see the consequence of his/her choices. Ditto for Sodom and Gomorrah, and Ananias and Saphira.

It is also in the bible, that some people will not change from their ways until they experience terrible circumstances. That is when their eyes will open ditto for Paul.

@manilika did you ignore the emboldened or you just did not understand it?
When I see people misquote the scriptures this way I simply shake my head. This shows you simply do not understand Christ and therefore do not understand the Christian religion you claim to belong.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
LogicStatement:

When I see people misquote the scriptures this way I simply shake my head. This shows you simply do not understand Christ and therefore do not understand the Christian religion you claim to belong.

Is that the best you can say? undecided
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
Yusuf54:
Hmm,ur comment is too funny...
BRO, HOW IS MY COMMENT FUNNY?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Lex11(m): 2:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:
What about God who said love you enemy and sends his to eternal fire undecided
If c God is a hypocrite wouldn't his followers learn from him undecided
----

You miss the point... the point being it is not our place to judge anyone! "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). Despite all being worthy of elimination, God Himself in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ stood as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28), He being the only reason many have seen and will see Heaven... but he paid quite the price, "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" - (Revelation 13:8 ).

Is this not undeserved mercy? We should be careful what we say concerning God... abi you no fear? Easy...
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Geesaintagape: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
Die by fire prayer is 100% prayer of ignorance n fool who does not understand d basic concept of gospel msg according to Jesus. U can't disobey Jesus in Jesus's name
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
blingxx:

Confused people undecided
INTELLIGENT PERSON
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by DeRay98(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
Maximus85:

The same way you will kill a child that wants to give u hypertension, abi?

How many of your so-called enemies have died since you've been shouting die die die? Aren't you someone's enemy? And if you believe that God answers such stupid prayers, then you must seriously check yourself.

I'm not responsible for your frustration Sir...
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Lex11(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses." - Matthew 18:21-35
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Habyz:

When did God die? Just asking
2000YRS AGO...HE BECAME MAN TO SAVE MAN-KIND FROM THE SERPENT(DEVIL)
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by mechanics(m): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:
We claim to be christians but we tend to exhibit characters that contradicts the teachings of jesus...why do we despise our non existing enemies so much, when we know we are the cause our problems, even if they do exist why do christians still say "holy ghost fire pursue and destroy my enemies" ... Love your enemies and just maybe he/she might be ur best friend....
PEACE
Maybe they are ignorant of the Bible, we are not to pray for our enemies to die, but that God should prolong their lives so that they will see the goodness of God in our lives.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
Gwaihir:

By saying "omitting the fruit of the spirit" aren't you sounding self righteous too? You can't possibly say that you are practicing the whole complete fruit of the spirit because, in another post of yours, you said you aint perfect.

@the emboldened explain and give instances to enumerate your point.

You didn't grow up in Nigeria, hence, what may be called spiritual forces there may not be what it is here. I think you should read up on Africa and ancient practices before the colonialist arrived. Things like idol worshipping,human sacrifices, all manner of diabolic practices to invoke demons to execute commands on their behalf. Except if you want to state that, such cannot be done in this world where God himself parted the red sea, or chased out demons into pigs?

Also, i am sure you have seen series of cases on frontpage nairaland were ritualists are arrested with different human parts, is it those ones you want to "turn the other cheek to" in order to emulate a fruit of the spirit? Even Jesus will call you a fool if you do not do what is just and right in such circumstance.

Brother,
Wow...you've said a lot.
Ok....thanks for reading through my other comment as well.
No I'm not being self-righteous...yes I'm still imperfect, and yes I'm striving to display the Fruit of the Spirit continually. No contradictions there..
I believe (but could be wrong though) that you read through my comment defensively.
I can honestly say that what I said...I always do self-introspections when writing.
Although I've changed my moniker (and deactivated) a couple of times during these 10 months I've been a member on NL, I've always tried to deal truthfully. Maybe that has come with maturity....
I know that in the end, I have to stand before my Maker and be accountable for my actions.
But I also feel obligated to not only encourage followers of Christ, but also correct them when they err. I don't mind people doing the same for me. The way in which we treat non-believers and even our "own" brethren in Christ is appalling.
Although the "free-thinkers" will be held accountable for their actions, it doesn't give us-followers of Christ-to behave in the same manner. I, personally wouldn't want to know the "God" that some Christians in here claim to serve.
As for reading up about ancient Africa (before colonialism) and the occultism aspect, i'm gonna be honest and tell you that I'm not gonna read about that. I don't want demonic thoughts in my mind.
I'm here on NL learning a whole bunch of things. I have visited many sections...and commented in some of them.
Got here by accident, but I'm here. If I didn't want to learn, I surely wouldn't have joined.
Until I get to Nigeria (which is half of my blood), NL will do.
I wasn't trying to offend Nigeria...which is part of me. Spirituality is spirituality regardless of where I live. The fact remains that lots of entities have gotten mixed into Christianity and it has become somewhat corrupted.
I read so much about the ritualists in the Crime section that I left there. I cannot stomach that demonic behavior. However even in that case (God forbid it happen to any of my family members in Nigeria), it still is NOT for us to avenge. Only God could give me the strength NOT to retaliate.....but I can only look to Christ as my example...Isaiah 53.
My message is to both followers of Christ (to not forget the essence of Christ' message) and to non-believers (to try Christ for themselves).
Be blessed smiley
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by NSK4U(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
loj1:
its a disaster wen ur enemies no u and u dnt no dem,every one in lyf has an enemy l,unless dead u hav enemies is just dt u dnt no dem,not evryone is happy wt ur existent,if sinless jesus could hav an enemy den u hav lotta dem,just pray 4 dem not to catch up on u AMEN

well, u have already prayed on my behalf, so I'll join u in declaring AMEN!!
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Habyz(m): 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
2000YRS AGO...HE BECAME MAN TO SAVE MAN-KIND FROM THE SERPENT(DEVIL)
Does that mean God is 2000 years old?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lex11:

----

You miss the point... the point being it is not our place to judge anyone! "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). Despite all being worthy of elimination, God Himself in the person of our Lord Jesus Christ stood as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28), He being the only reason many have seen and will see Heaven... but he paid quite the price, "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" - (Revelation 13:8 ).

Is this not undeserved mercy? We should be careful what we say concerning God... abi you no fear? Easy...
Tautology
Ritual sacrifice done using himself son to please himself is the price abi
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by intergral(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ken4Christ:
Die by fire or Holy Ghost fire and similar forms of prayers most denominations offer today are rooted in the Old Testament law of Moses which has been abolished. Jesus abolished the Law of Moses and ushered in grace but a greater percentage of the Church are still ignorant of this divine truth.

Such forms of prayers are not scriptural. Vengeance is the exclusive right of God. You don't have the moral right to kill or rain down fire on anyone but you can bind or resist the devil. I have a full book on this subject titled, 'A critical analysis of Dangerous Prayer Languages'

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F9WOT7Y
for him to totally abolish the laws moses brought from God means they are fake and Moses is a false Prophet.... Then there's a very big confusion in Christianity....
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by bloodofthelamb(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
Habyz:

Does that mean God is 2000 years old?
NO SIR, GOD IS ETERNAL...CHRIST JESUS WAS EXISTING BEFORE HE CLOTHED HIMSELF WITH FLESH IN THE WOMB OF VIRGIN MARY. PEACE

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Lex11(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:

Tautology
Ritual sacrifice done using himself son to please himself is the price abi
-----

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Ken4Christ: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
intergral:
for him to totally abolish the laws moses brought from God means they are fake and Moses is a false Prophet.... Then there's a very big confusion in Christianity....

There is no confusion. The law was given to regulate the lives of the Jews until Jesus who is the promised seed comes. Before Jesus came, mankind could not live right so they had to be regulated by laws. Jesus has come and the ability to live right has been given to us, so those who are in Christ do not need laws to regulate their lives. We know what is right and wrong.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lex11:

-----

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14
Bible is prove abi
Continue wallowing in religious delusions
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
MsNgo40:

Brother,
Wow...you've said a lot.
Ok....thanks for reading through my other comment as well.
No I'm not being self-righteous...yes I'm still imperfect, and yes I'm striving to display the Fruit of the Spirit continually. No contradictions there..
I believe (but could be wrong though) that you read through my comment defensively.
I can honestly say that what I said...I always do self-introspections when writing.
Although I've changed my moniker (and deactivated) a couple of times during these 10 months I've been a member on NL, I've always tried to deal truthfully. Maybe that has come with maturity....
I know that in the end, I have to stand before my Maker and be accountable for my actions.
But I also feel obligated to not only encourage followers of Christ, but also correct them when they err. I don't mind people doing the same for me. The way in which we treat non-believers and even our "own" brethren in Christ is appalling.
Although the "free-thinkers" will be held accountable for their actions, it doesn't give us-followers of Christ-to behave in the same manner. I, personally wouldn't want to know the "God" that some Christians in here claim to serve.
As for reading up about ancient Africa (before colonialism) and the occultism aspect, i'm gonna be honest and tell you that I'm not gonna read about that. I don't want demonic thoughts in my mind.
I'm here on NL learning a whole bunch of things. I have visited many sections...and commented in some of them.
Got here by accident, but I'm here. If I didn't want to learn, I surely wouldn't have joined.
Until I get to Nigeria (which is half of my blood), NL will do.
I wasn't trying to offend Nigeria...which is part of me. Spirituality is spirituality regardless of where I live. The fact remains that lots of entities have gotten mixed into Christianity and it has become somewhat corrupted.
I read so much about the ritualists in the Crime section that I left there. I cannot stomach that demonic behavior. However even in that case (God forbid it happen to any of my family members in Nigeria), it still is NOT for us to avenge. Only God could give me the strength NOT to retaliate.....but I can only look to Christ as my example...Isaiah 53.
My message is to both followers of Christ (to not forget the essence of Christ' message) and to non-believers (to try Christ for themselves).
Be blessed smiley

@1st emboldened I thought this thread was aimed at enemies? Not how we should treat each other in Christ? If the latter is the case, please pardon my indiscretion.

@2nd & 4th emboldened, now something you don't even want to imagine, do you know how someone going through the affliction would feel and if such a person can choose to be enduring of such or rebuke the devil as appropriate?

@3rd i agree Christianity has been corrupted, i wasn't arguing that premise to you as you can see from the first emboldened. That is another topic i wish not to get into.

@5th Only God can give the strength not to retaliate, true. But not everyone has that deep a connection to God not to. Even you cannot stomach auch behavior, so rather than have such have a way in your life shouldn't a person fortify himself/herselfthrough Christ to not be a victim. I think the bible said we wrestle against spirits and principalities not flesh and blood. I don't see where it said we should not avenge as the word 'wrestle' suggests otherwise.

My message was on the premise of 'enemies' as the original intention of the topic suggests.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
Gwaihir:

@1st emboldened I thought this thread was aimed at enemies? Not how we should treat each other in Christ? If the latter is the case, please pardon my indiscretion.

@2nd & 4th emboldened, now something you don't even want to imagine, do you know how someone going through the affliction would feel and if such a person can choose to be enduring of such or rebuke the devil as appropriate?

@3rd i agree Christianity has been corrupted, i wasn't arguing that premise to you as you can see from the first emboldened. That is another topic i wish not to get into.

@5th Only God can give the strength not to retaliate, true. But not everyone has that deep a connection to God not to. Even you cannot stomach auch behavior, so rather than have such have a way in your life shouldn't a person fortify himself/herselfthrough Christ to not be a victim. I think the bible said we wrestle against spirits and principalities not flesh and blood. I don't see where it said we should not avenge as the word 'wrestle' suggests otherwise.

My message was on the premise of 'enemies' as the original intention of the topic suggests.

I do think I answered your questions.
However I chose to address both the "enemies" of the cross AND followers of Christ.
I tend to go a little broader, so kindly ignore all the parts of my comments that don't apply to the post.
Basically what you are telling me is you plan to retaliate if you have been harmed in any way.
Brother, that's your choice.
Ephesians 6 explains that we wrestle "not" against flesh and blood.....so there is a spiritual element at play which is stronger than humans.
Not to give the satan any glory, but humans are no match for him.
It is only through Christ....and on your knees..where a follower of Christ can overcome.
Physically, those demonic spirits clearly influence humans to carry out demonic practices.
And NO, I don't desire to read on NL everyday about a ritualist who chopped off a head, sliced off a woman's breast or private part, or cut off a child's elbow.
What goes into one's mind is extremely important.
But guess what? Although I'm human, I'm not gonna go find the ritualist and "slice and dice" him up. You may feel good for the moment, but then what? It won't bring my loved one back.
I'm held accountable to my Maker.
That's where my relationship to Christ....and the Holy Spirit...comes into play.
It's okay for us to "agree to disagree" though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture / The Lords Chosen: Instant Miracles From Taraba State Crusade / Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.