Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,580 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (25593 Views)

Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by thunderbabs: 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
Times ve changed. Enemies in Jesus's tym no dey use JUJU spoil d life of pple, its either a sabotage or a physical danger but today, u no how ur Village people come at you na........ shocked

You wey dey tlk, y u go buy car, go park am for town closest to ur village? Y u no drive am do shakara enta ur village na if u no dey fear winching undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by MTKbudapest(m): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
Antichristus:
CHRIST DELUSION. I'M SO PLEASED I ESCAPED THE CAVE - THE REALM OF DOXA - AND BECAME ENLIGHTENED. OTHERWISE, I WOULD STILL BE PRAYING TO THE IMAGINARY GOD AND BEFRIENDING THE IMAGINARY GUY - JESUS.

so u are now an anti-christ?

May ur soul rest in peace if possible
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2017
Everything about religion lacks logic.. Nigerians made it worse.

Brainless bunches.
SPITS.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by VERDA: 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2017
ITbomb:
No be enemy wey wan kill you, na enemy wey no agree with our point of view we suppose love, every other enemies die by fire
Oya join die die die die die die die die die die die

Lol... .so person wey no agree with your point of view Na enemy?........isoright....
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
MTKbudapest:

You are dull. Not insulting you.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by genteelo(m): 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
Samsimple:
We claim to be christians but we tend to exhibit characters that contradicts the teachings of jesus...why do we despise our non existing enemies so much, when we know we are the cause our problems, even if they do exist why do christians still say "holy ghost fire pursue and destroy my enemies" ... Love your enemies and just maybe he/she might be ur best friend....
PEACE
this life is a war front, nd u hav to fight like a true son of God. if God is a man of war den wat is u dat is called by his name?d enermy will kill u in any slight opportunity nd u will b blamed bcus u never did anytin to stop him. come to think of it,, ever since ure born till dis day, has d so called enemy stoped waging war against u?even if u pray for dem till eternity, they wont still change soo, all u need to do is to destroy dem by fire.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Ashley86400: 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
That's because Nigeria has it's own brand which is usually a worse, watered down version of everything.

Democracy --- Nigerian Democracy
Christianity ---- Nigerian Christianity
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by MTKbudapest(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chuvin22:

You are dull. Not insulting you.

You have already insulted me but before you go too far check his user name. Be wise.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Topmaike007(m): 11:58pm On Sep 30, 2017
Op you are partially right. undecided
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by ejikelazrus(m): 12:19am On Oct 01, 2017
Wow
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 01, 2017
Dear op most Christians don't pray against enemies as you see it.probably because you hear holy ghost fire.. Fall and die e.t.c. most of us pray against the demons which operate in human form. We're in a battle field waging war against principalities and powers, rulers in dark places operating in human form.
Ephesians 6:12 says
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
The above verse is what most of us fight against not physical enemies as you try to paint.
Luke 6:27-30 was were you got the whole story of praying for enemies.
It says
27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
Jesus explanation to his followers that they should adhere to the real meaning of God’s law by loving their enemies as well as their neighbors. If you have issues with Mr A and you both keep malice,Mr A is your enemy. Hd did say that we should we make peace. He also said from the above scripture that we should pray for those who persecute us because they are our enemies too. From the whole picture Jesus was talking about physical enemies not spiritual enemies. Our enemy as Christians is Satan the devil but he wouldn't operate without using man.So when men give in to be used,they suffer the consequences that's why when believers(most Christians) pray, the demon and human flesh are affected.
Food for thought: What's the prayer point for those who persecute you going by Jesus explanation? Was it clearly stated on the exact prayers to be said?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by manutdadex(m): 12:37am On Oct 01, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

I know. I'm also irritated by the denominational thingy.

Anyways, that's the devil's operation. The same way and reason other false religion now exist, is the same reason why we have denominational Christian(ity).

Meanwhile, who is this Person you're making reference to?
in an ideal world, interdenominational Christianity sounds stupid.... But we know human relationship and social origin are not equal or the same for all men. So God can't communicate d same way he did with me to u due to our differences which might be intellectual or even origin, so for me as long as we are preaching d same msg which is Jesus Christ i dont care.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Samsimple(m): 12:45am On Oct 01, 2017
MTKbudapest:

hahaha u are wicked
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 12:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Hipsofagoddess:

Do your parents expect you to responsible or irresponsible?
Wake up from religious delusions
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 12:47am On Oct 01, 2017
samflexxy:
obinna58 you actually believe in God you do.
bro you are angry at him but why?
I don't believe in an unseen being
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Samsimple(m): 12:52am On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:
I don't believe in an unseen being
but u believe in ebola without seeing it nahh
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by nwakaibeya1: 12:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Knowing Jesus Christ is all about power and peace and#Behold, loving your enemies is if you have the real Jesus Christ power to subdue enemies and not the ordinary love that spiritually blind people think about. Our unbelievable truth and revelation in the now is that the problem of the world is church leadership, pastors and prophets.Yes,The most insidious dangerous human cheats in the world are not physical they are spiritual and every adventure in life is rooted spiritually and those so called spiritual propells it,so if the spiritual is wrong the physical must be highly wrong no matter how you see it and that's why justice is scarce in every spare of human endeavour ,hence the prophets and pastors played a major role in slaughtering Jesus Christ when he came in Bible time and that singular evil has not been corrected till this day.So the solution is to get the spiritual right and all other things falls in place but who is ready to even pray the all inclusive justice prayer as solutions we Jesus Christ kingdom has proffered in this generation ? Even you can't pray the justice all inclusive prayers #Jeremiah 12,10 .Mathew 13,13-15

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by gbengress1: 1:07am On Oct 01, 2017
May God have mercy on your soul. Repent before it is too late. Hell is real
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Imagine the bullshit. And you're so dumb you can't even realise the nakked fact staring you in the face that Jesus is a stvpid, retarrded fvcking idiot who teaches unrealistic and impractical rubbish?

How can you LOVE someone whose modus operandi is to harm you? Some one who seeks to hurt you? Someone who probably seeks your demise?

Besides, your retarrded Jesus is a hypocritical scam who admonishes you to love your enemies while reserving an eternal burning fire for his, even though THEY CAN'T EVEN HURT HIM. So, how insane would you have to be to follow his warped, irrational teachings?

Don't worry. Try living your life by this idealistic claptrap that makes no iota of sense. When one of your enemies eventually kill you for being so loving and accomodating, "IDIOT" would be carved on your tombstone as appreciation of your legendary buffoonery.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Dmeji4444(m): 1:13am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:

God know the fate of man and knw man will disobey why did he still punish us...let me put it like dis, u bought a new andriod phone and gave it to ur 2 years old son to play with, knowing very well that he wud damage it but u continued anyway.. The child eventually smashed the phone on the floor and u start beating him.. If people ask u wat happened to be sincere are u not at fault... Analice107 abeg con gv me answer oooohh

I disagree with you, God has given us "total freedom" to choose, so if you choose evil over good, don't blame God for it. Little story here:

A thief was caught in the act and was about to be punished by amputating his hand, on getting to the court room, he wanted to justify or defend himself and he said "why do you want to punish me?, is it not God that made it my destiny to be a thief? "

And the judge simply said that "it must be in your destiny for your hand to be amputated "
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 01, 2017
gbengress1:
May God have mercy on your soul. Repent before it is too late. Hell is real
You're a fool. Your stupidity irritates me. Go and shiit somewhere and dry it in the sun, then sit down and eat it like cake, instead of preaching incredible bullshiit to me.

Who are you threatening with hell? If I give you an e-slap, you will lose the little subnormal sense you have left. Threaten your mentally primitive and emotionally feeble brethen with hell, not me. What impetousity!
Tozara
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 01, 2017
manutdadex:
in an ideal world, interdenominational Christianity sounds stupid.... But we know human relationship and social origin are not equal or the same for all men. So God can't communicate d same way he did with me to u due to our differences which might be intellectual or even origin, so for me as long as we are preaching d same msg which is Jesus Christ i dont care.

Hmmm. . . As far as you're preaching Jesus Christ abi ?

Lemme give you a food for thought (but a question) : Those who always preach materialistic prosperity instead spiritual salvation and motivational preaching instead of exhortation, do not they add Jesus Christ when they preach such heresy?

Now reason and rethink why you should care!

In addition, those false prophets and prophetess you see or hear of, isn't it all of them who cast out demons with Jesus' name, whereas they are ravening wolves and are of the devil?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Ericsunday619: 1:15am On Oct 01, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
You're a fool. Your stupidity irritates me. Go and shiit somewhere and dry it in the sun, then sit down and eat it like cake, instead of preaching incredible bullshiit to me.

Who are you threatening with hell? If I give you an e-slap, you will lose the little subnormal sense you have left. Threaten your mentally primitive and emotionally feeble brethen with hell, not me. What impetousity!
cheesy
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 1:19am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:

but u believe in ebola without seeing it nahh
You can't compare that with God, Ebola could be seen
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by asagbaesiri: 1:31am On Oct 01, 2017
if d enemy nor repent, d enemy go die!!!!
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by AreaFada2: 1:35am On Oct 01, 2017
MsNgo40:

You are correct my brother.
See that's what I can't seem to understand.
The Biblical Christianity that I've been raised in doesn't promote that "die by fire" thing.
Never heard of that concept in my life until I came to NL.
That must be a Nigerian brand of Christianity.... undecided
We can never, ever win souls to Christ by being self-righteous & dogmatic all under the guise of being an alleged "warrior for Christ" (meanwhile completely excluding/omitting the Fruit of the Spirit--which is Christ' character) which I see repeatedly in this section of NL. Unfortunately, all I see is a predominate amount of folks who just.....umm...well let me stop and quiet down.
Anyhow, to those who can't see Christ (The Son of God-Christ) in us "followers of Christ"....I apologize. Please don't let that turn you away from attempting to know Who He is and can do in your life.
In modern times, we are more than "catmatic" sef. Even "pythonmatic". grin cheesy

Truth is as Africans running churches, we're basically reverting to African cosmology that we're truly and innately comfortable with . But in a way we somehow think is modern and acceptable. Under the umbrella of Christianity.

Christianity has become a one-stop shop of life encompassing spirituality, social life, entertainment, protection, marriage, business & social connections, prosperity, hope etc. Pragmatism is at the heart of it.

Why go to babalawo (marabou) when the church can prophesy & work to destroy your real or perceived enemy metaphysically holding back your economic progress, fatherhood, motherhood, career, etc? Why go clubbing if you can dance azonto to your heart's content in church? Why allow elders in your family be involved in your marital decisions when your pastor can tell you the wife/hubby God as chosen for you?

So with all these various African needs now provided in church, the populations of modern churches have exploded. There is a massive population shift from old Western churches to African churches.

A distant relative once said that she cannot just continue attending churches where they do not "see" and be caught unawares by the enemies. grin cheesy
I foresee more innovations from even smarter MoGs in the future. Soon your ICT, financial services, shopping needs and more will be incorporated into church duties. Do not ask me how they will do it considering they are charities that do not pay taxes. But they will find a way. They already run schools, universities, hospitals, real estate, etc. grin cheesy
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by 9inches(m): 1:37am On Oct 01, 2017
MsNgo40:

You are correct my brother.
See that's what I can't seem to understand.
The Biblical Christianity that I've been raised in doesn't promote that "die by fire" thing.
Never heard of that concept in my life until I came to NL.
That must be a Nigerian brand of Christianity.... undecided
We can never, ever win souls to Christ by being self-righteous & dogmatic all under the guise of being an alleged "warrior for Christ" (meanwhile completely excluding/omitting the Fruit of the Spirit--which is Christ' character) which I see repeatedly in this section of NL. Unfortunately, all I see is a predominate amount of folks who just.....umm...well let me stop and quiet down.
Anyhow, to those who can't see Christ (The Son of God-Christ) in us "followers of Christ"....I apologize. Please don't let that turn you away from attempting to know Who He is and can do in your life.
Well said. I want to 'Like' this many times.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Empiree: 1:46am On Oct 01, 2017
geoworldedu:
I keep wondering while Christians hate satan instead of loving him. Afterall, Jesus says, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES. I think christians should stop condeming the satanists who love Satan the enemy. grin
This should be directed at plainbibletruth. He and his fellow christians don't love this great enemy in direct conflict with their biblical injunctions.

But in is islam, we call a spade a spade. God says in Quran "take not My enemy and your enemy as friend".

Christian version of "love" is only in the Book (theory). When when it comes to practical aspect, they hate their enemies like kilode cheesy

That's why i don't take them serious.

Meanwhile, some funny bizarre church names cry kiss

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Originalsly: 1:49am On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:
What about God who said love you enemy and sends his to eternal fire undecided
If c God is a hypocrite wouldn't his followers learn from him undecided
God has enemies?..... if yes ...who did He send to eternal fire?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 01, 2017
kimbraa:
Did your bible also say "Suffereth not a witch to live?". I'm sure you're not a good Christian if you don't understand what it means.

Hi sister,
I hope you weren't offended by my comment. It's my observation (about what I've seen here on NL religious section). I 've also expressed my conviction on what Jesus Christ' ultimate message is....and that I'm sure of.
As far as being called "not a Christian" because I disagree with the vengeance theory...well I've been on this planet 40 years and have been called everything BUT a child of God. At this point in time, that is like "water off a duck's back"....just slides right off.
It comes with the territory.
But you know what? I'm so glad and I thank God that HE knows who His children are...

You were referring to

Exodus 22:18 (KJV)
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

This verse actually refers to those who practice witchcraft, sorcery, divination etc.
Specific instructions were given to the Israelites when they made their exodus from Egypt to the Caanan land.
When God has commanded (through Moses) that certain things NOT be practiced (and therefore need to be destroyed), it was done in order to keep His people dedicated to worshiping Him...and not being tainted by heathen practices. God's people are identified through their "love" not vengeance.
Some other commands were

Exodus 22:19 (KJV)
Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death".

Exodus 22:20 (KJV)
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed".

There are many times throughout the Bible (especially in the Old Testament) where people had to be destroyed...and there were reasons for those actions.
We should be careful to read through entire scriptural contexts rather than just pick a line here or there and use it to justify our behaviors.

What sets followers of Christ apart from the world is (because of their love for Christ and their neighbor) they have the God-given ability to NOT fight back in a dirty manner...regardless of how they have been treated. Raining curses on people doesn't do anything for the person other than make his/her heart grow even deeper in hatred.
God has commanded to HIs people the following:

Exodus 20:13 (KJV)
"Thou shalt not kill".

Romans 12:19-21King James Version (KJV)

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Blessings to you smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 01, 2017
9inches:

Well said. I want to 'Like' this many times.

Brother,
I thank you.....

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 2:02am On Oct 01, 2017
AreaFada2:

In modern times, we are more than "catmatic" sef. Even "pythonmatic". grin cheesy

Truth is as African running churches, we're basically reverting to African cosmology that we're truly and innately comfortable with . But in a way we somehow think is modern and acceptable. Under the umbrella of Christianity.

Christianity has become a one-stop shop of life encompassing spirituality, social life, entertainment, protection, marriage, business & social connections, prosperity, hope etc. Pragmatism is at the heart of it.

Why go to babalawo (marabou) when the church can prophesy & work to destroy your real or perceived enemy metaphysically holding back your economic progress, fatherhood, motherhood, career, etc? Why go clubbing if you can dance azonto to your heart's content in church? Why allow elders in your family be involved in your marital decisions when your pastor can tell you the wife/hubby God as chosen for you?

So with all these various African needs now provided in church, the populations of modern churches have exploded. There is a massive population shift from old Western churches to African churches.

A distant relative ones said that she cannot just continue attending churches where they do not "see" and be caught unawares by the enemies. grin cheesy
I foresee more innovations from even smarter MoGs in the future. Soon your ICT, financial services, shopping needs and more will be incorporated into church duties. Do not ask me how they will do it considering they are charities that do not pay taxes. But they will find a way. They already run schools, universities, hospitals, real estate, etc. grin cheesy

Interesting...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Girl & Her Aunt Tortured By Elders In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Accusation (Pic) / 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' / Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.