Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (25620 Views)

Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / Jesus Says I Should Tell You The End Is Near / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by shadowjnr: 7:30am On Oct 01, 2017
that is how some of them move away from bible teaching.
I'm sure if everyone is allowd, most christian will publish their own version of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by ben4ever(m): 7:30am On Oct 01, 2017
fzybah:

Demons don't die my brother ( they are spirits , spirit beings don't die, they can only be punished in hell but they don't die)

besides, those prayers are not stationed to the body ... they are stationed to the spirit controlling the enemy against you .... a witch doesn't become an enemy in d body but the spirit of witchcraft inside her torments ...

don't let us misunderstand prayers .... when we say a spirit should die, w
e do not necessary mean they should exist no more buy rather put them to naught.

finally why are we Christians like this, how many times have you seen muslims shading and criticizing themselves like this ... this is unfair in d kingdom ...

Ephesians 6:12

Matthew 5:44

Every crisis begins with a thought, then an act, then a habit, then a character,then a destiny.

Christianity is about persecution,the day you accept it, you will become free, even christ was persecuted
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by HopeRisingmatte(m): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:
What about God who said love you enemy and sends his to eternal fire undecided
If c God is a hypocrite wouldn't his followers learn from him undecided
God sends no one to no hellfire. The world would've been a much better place if we imbibed and practiced the teachings of the Christ who always preached love. God his father is Love, the very epitome and essence of that Sterling majestic quality. A God who is love sends no one to Hell. Can u punish ur kid by scorching his hands in fire cos he stole a candy? And if say u could, would that make ur actions right? The Law would simply catch up with u n u be termed a cruel folk.
We need to show more love in the world and stop this phobia for real or imagined enemies. God's message is for someone unrighteous to repent and come to know him. Let's all show love. Peace to y'all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by userplainly(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2017
u'll see 2 Christian neighbours at night or early morning each will be praying (to the same God) for their neighbour to DIE BY FIRE, some even call names "my mum n sisters did it n I was pissed" the same people u praying to die by fire r also praying to God for u to die... they greet with nose, call each other witch in their backs..... THIS IS ALL STUPID.........
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by aku626(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2017
First of I believe the Bible says pray for your enemies second the atheist in Nigerians 99% of them are DUMB they disgust me not because they’re atheist but they’re completely devoid of knowledge.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by adatemi: 7:36am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:
We claim to be christians but we tend to exhibit characters that contradicts the teachings of jesus...why do we despise our non existing enemies so much, when we know we are the cause our problems, even if they do exist why do christians still say "holy ghost fire pursue and destroy my enemies" ... Love your enemies and just maybe he/she might be ur best friend....
PEACE
I have raised this issue with many people back home. Personally Immediately I receive that type of prayer line, it gets deleted asap. Can't listen to the tape either. The Bible teaches us to forgive and our prayer should have been for our enemies to have change of heart.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by emmanuel1990(m): 7:39am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:
We claim to be christians but we tend to exhibit characters that contradicts the teachings of jesus...why do we despise our non existing enemies so much, when we know we are the cause our problems, even if they do exist why do christians still say "holy ghost fire pursue and destroy my enemies" ... Love your enemies and just maybe he/she might be ur best friend....
PEACE
my brother if u are quoting the bible, u have to understand it very well, ewe have two types of enemies....

1. the physical enemy
2. the spiritual enemy

the physical enemies are the one Jesus said that u should pray for....

bt as for the spiritual enemies repentace is far from them.... do nt teach me science here, answer me from the bible and i will believe what u just said....

if one is always eating or making love in the dream, so do u espect that person to be praying to God that those spirit should repent?
Any wickedness that has gone into the realm of the spirit there is no more forgiveness....Ephesians 6 vs 12... LUKE 19 VS 27.. LEVETICUS 20 VS 27...

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Samsimple(m): 7:39am On Oct 01, 2017
aku626:
First of I believe the Bible says pray for them not Love them second the atheist in Nigerians 99% of them are DUMB they disgust me not because they’re atheist but they’re completely devoid of knowledge.
u lack knowledge.... U claim to be a christian bt now i can see u are really ignorant of the teaching of jesus christ.... FYI, i am a christian
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Akolawole(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2017
Interesting topic but one of the most misunderstood subject in Christianity.

1) A Christian SHOULDN'T pray that their enemies should die. Anyone who does that is working against the shedding of blood.

2) Most of members in churches where they pray such senseless and 'dangerous ' prayers live a suspect life. If they see a mosquitoes or ant, they will be running like heedless chicken. They live a life full of fears.

3) Old testament or new are confusing.
The simple analogy is 'anything done in old testament that is not in tandem with Jesus Christ and the Apostles should be thrown into bin.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Burgerlomo: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:
PEACE

I wonder ooo
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Hacktod: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:
all of the whole Christian who attest to the true and holy GOD we worship should please pray for obinna .simple landlord that GOD might have mercy on them a d help them understand the awesome and loving GOD we worship
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Hacktod: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2017
shadowjnr:
that is how some of them move away from bible teaching.
I'm sure if everyone is allowd, most christian will publish their own version of the bible.
my one and only prayer to those that hate GOD is that GOD might help them understand the glimpse of his love and righteousness his holiness and purity
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2017
MsNgo40:

You are correct my brother.
See that's what I can't seem to understand.
The Biblical Christianity that I've been raised in doesn't promote that "die by fire" thing.
Never heard of that concept in my life until I came to NL.
That must be a Nigerian brand of Christianity.... undecided
We can never, ever win souls to Christ by being self-righteous & dogmatic all under the guise of being an alleged "warrior for Christ" (meanwhile completely excluding/omitting the Fruit of the Spirit--which is Christ' character) which I see repeatedly in this section of NL. Unfortunately, all I see is a predominate amount of folks who just.....umm...well let me stop and quiet down.
Anyhow, to those who can't see Christ (The Son of God-Christ) in us "followers of Christ"....I apologize. Please don't let that turn you away from attempting to know Who He is and can do in your life.

By saying "omitting the fruit of the spirit" aren't you sounding self righteous too? You can't possibly say that you are practicing the whole complete fruit of the spirit because, in another post of yours, you said you aint perfect.

@the emboldened explain and give instances to enumerate your point.

You didn't grow up in Nigeria, hence, what may be called spiritual forces there may not be what it is here. I think you should read up on Africa and ancient practices before the colonialist arrived. Things like idol worshipping,human sacrifices, all manner of diabolic practices to invoke demons to execute commands on their behalf. Except if you want to state that, such cannot be done in this world where God himself parted the red sea, or chased out demons into pigs?

Also, i am sure you have seen series of cases on frontpage nairaland were ritualists are arrested with different human parts, is it those ones you want to "turn the other cheek to" in order to emulate a fruit of the spirit? Even Jesus will call you a fool if you do not do what is just and right in such circumstance.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by DrIkB: 8:02am On Oct 01, 2017
Man's enemy is the devil
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by LogicStatement: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2017
ITbomb:
No be enemy wey wan kill you, na enemy wey no agree with our point of view we suppose love, every other enemies die by fire
Oya join die die die die die die die die die die die
Saul was an enemy of the Christians and he killed so many of them including Stephen. Stephen was stoned to death and those that murdered him laid their cloths at the feet of Saul but Stephen said something remarkable when he was about to die "Father do not hold this against them for they do not know what they do." All other apostles would run and hide at the hearing of Saul approaching, remember how Saul was arrested by Jesus Himself and his name changed to Paul? You see, Jesus' teachings of "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute (or want to kill) you is the true teaching of love so, if you do otherwise, you are simply going against Christ and shouldn't call yourself a Christian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Christianity na scam jae
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by gloriteyemi(m): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:
PEACE
I pray it won't be too late for you brother.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by sirxbit(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=Samsimple post=60472573]We claim to be christians but we tend to exhibit characters that contradicts the teachings of jesus...why do we despise our non existing enemies so much, when we know we are the cause our problems, even if they do exist why do christians still say "holy ghost fire pursue and destroy my enemies" ... Love your enemies and just maybe he/she might be ur best friend....
You dont have enemy yet wait till u get better enemy then come and talk to me.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2017
LogicStatement:

Saul was an enemy of the Christians and he killed so many of them including Stephen. Stephen was stoned to death and those that murdered him laid their cloths at the feet of Saul but Stephen said something remarkable when he was about to die "Father do not hold this against them for they do not know what they do." All other apostles would run and hide at the hearing of Saul approaching, remember how Saul was arrested by Jesus Himself and his name changed to Paul? You see, Jesus' teachings of "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute (or want to kill) you is the true teaching of love so, if you do otherwise, you are simply going against Christ and shouldn't call yourself a Christian

These cases are different. The two examples you cited were apostles of Christ to preach the gospel. They weren't ordinary humans living ordinary lives. I believe the bible said, those who lose their life for his sake will gain t and those who withhold it, will lose it. That is strictly based on the gospel of Christ.

I believe we are talking about daily lives here, daily lives that had to do with people not wanting you to survive, excel, live peacefully. Basically, people who are afflicting you to the point you can go insane or just lose hope on God. This affliction should be endured but not to the manner that who is responsible take victory over your soul. When the devil tormented Jesus did he just sit back and tolerated it or reprimanded him till he left?

When the human possessed by demons, was chased into pigs, should he have said such person should endure the torments?

When it was the woman who was an harlot, did he say her act was just or said there was justification for such? But that no one should judge the woman and told the woman to go and sin no more

There is grace for those who havent heard the word or come to the true understanding of God ditto for Stephen and Jesus. But for those who it has been repeatedly sounded in their ear and have known the gospel but still continue to do otherwise, there is no reason a man should continue to turn the other cheek or allow such person to continue to afflict you. You are basically just using yourself to suffer and also preventing that person to see the consequence of his/her choices. Ditto for Sodom and Gomorrah, and Ananias and Saphira.

It is also in the bible, that some people will not change from their ways until they experience terrible circumstances. That is when their eyes will open ditto for Paul.

@manilika did you ignore the emboldened or you just did not understand it?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by huntax(m): 8:28am On Oct 01, 2017
obinna58:
Lol Satan is roaming around this earth because God let him. Don't go around spewing blasphemous BS.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by fortunejum: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2017
When (die) is used in spiritual warfare, it does not refer to physically death. It means to stop existing, to expire, to cease etc. we have seen and unseen enemies but the one being referred to in prayers are the unseen. My opinion.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by onoerime: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2017
ITbomb:
No be enemy wey wan kill you, na enemy wey no agree with our point of view we suppose love, every other enemies die by fire
Oya join die die die die die die die die die die die
if truly we should pray for our enemies to die then Jesus would have killed all his prosecutors before they ever arresting him. New generation pastors has waved the original teachings of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Melonny(m): 8:39am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:
PEACE
Somewhere in the bible said, those that are angry with us will be put to the shame of defeat and our enemies will die, there faces will be put off from the earth. The bible said that also.
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by manikal: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2017
Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

Christian means CHRIST-LIKE or BEHAVING LIKE CHRIST
Antichrist means NOT CHRIST LIKE or BEHAVING IN DIRECT OPPOSITION TO THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST.

Christian means HAVING THE MIND THAT WAS IN CHRIST. The mind that was in Christ FORGAVE THOSE WHO KILLED HIM!!!

Which kind of persecution can pass this one. There is one thing that really pissed Christ. HYPOCRISY.

Don't pray for another man to die EXCEPT YOU HAVE NO SIN.

Selah
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:

with ur eyes i mean
Through microscope
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2017
huntax:

Lol Satan is roaming around this earth because God let him. Don't go around spewing blasphemous BS.
Wake up from religious delusion, you only chose to it as blasphemy but its the real truth
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by obinna58(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2017
Hacktod:
all of the whole Christian who attest to the true and holy GOD we worship should please pray for obinna .simple landlord that GOD might have mercy on them a d help them understand the awesome and loving GOD we worship
Free yourself from religious bulshit, God has zero connection to this world and you are only wallowing in illusion
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by aku626(m): 8:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:

u lack knowledge.... U claim to be a christian bt now i can see u are really ignorant of the teaching of jesus christ.... FYI, i am a christian
Then enlighten me, Christian. I didn’t claim I was a christian did I?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 01, 2017
Samsimple:
PEACE

direct your question to MOUTAIN OF FIRE MINISTRIES
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by manikal: 9:09am On Oct 01, 2017
Melonny:
Somewhere in the bible said, those that are angry with us will be put to the shame of defeat and our enemies will die, there faces will be put off from the earth. The bible said that also.

Who do you follow? The Bible or Christ?
The Pharisees [Upholders of the bible in the times of Jesus] refused Christ teachings.

Christ says - Love your enemies
The bible as at the time of the Pharisees said - Eye for an Eye

The bible says - Do not murder
Christ says - Do not even HARBOR THOUGHTS of hatred.

Christ forgave those that killed him. And he commands us , Forgive that you may be forgiven.

How can you have an enemy if you have FORGIVEN HIM?
Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by sheddyboy01(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2017
Seriously, it's becoming worrisome the rate at which most Christians has become avengers instead of love advocate.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" by manikal: 9:16am On Oct 01, 2017
Gwaihir:

These cases are different. The two examples you cited were apostles of Christ to preach the gospel. They weren't ordinary humans living ordinary lives. I believe the bible said, those who lose their life for his sake will gain t and those who withhold it, will lose it. That is strictly based on the gospel of Christ.

I believe we are talking about daily lives here, daily lives that had to do with people not wanting you to survive, excel, live peacefully. Basically, people who are afflicting you to the point you can go insane or just lose hope on God. This affliction should be endured but not to the manner that who is responsible take victory over your soul. When the devil tormented Jesus did he just sit back and tolerated it or reprimanded him till he left?

When the human possessed by demons, was chased into pigs, should he have said such person should endure the torments?

When it was the woman who was an harlot, did he say her act was just or said there was justification for such? But that no one should judge the woman and told the woman to go and sin no more

There is grace for those who havent heard the word or come to the true understanding of God ditto for Stephen and Jesus. But for those who it has been repeatedly sounded in their ear and have known the gospel but still continue to do otherwise, there is no reason a man should continue to turn the other cheek or allow such person to continue to afflict you. You are basically just using yourself to suffer and also preventing that person to see the consequence of his/her choices. Ditto for Sodom and Gomorrah, and Ananias and Saphira.

It is also in the bible, that some people will not change from their ways until they experience terrible circumstances. That is when their eyes will open ditto for Paul.

Christ said 'Forgive 70 times 7 times'.

Have you heard the parable of the 2 servants?
One servant owed the king much , yet the king forgave him.
This servant saw his fellow servant who also owed him very little and jailed him.
The king heard this and was enraged!

God is the king and he forgives each of us everyday for our ignorance.
Yet , our fellow man who makes mistakes because HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING , becomes target practice for Prayer warriors.

That is wickedness not Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Israel Goodnews Balogun Detained By Police Over Suleman's 'Miracle Money' / Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture / The Lords Chosen: Instant Miracles From Taraba State Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.