Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (722606 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bodyco: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2019
ICaSNg:

Unless you have a 2.1 or 1st class thats when you can get a tuition as low as 7,250 euros .

Like which school for science course at that price
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
bodyco:

Like which school for science course at that price

NCI but its not a science course . Its MSc Entrepreneurship
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
Cool, thanks. The school has confirmed that they will send that to me once I complete my tuition payment
Wolesantos:

That's perfectly fine coupled with official fees receipt issued by your institution.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
Please how do i pay my €600 to secure my admission at university of limerack . And when can start up my visa application? I am to resume september.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2019
Silin:
Please how do i pay my €600 to secure my admission at university of limerack . And when can start up my visa application? I am to resume september.

All information you need is always provided on your offer letter.

This is how you people position yourself to be scammed if you're not careful... You're enrolled on a masters program o, no pun intended start getting used to reviewing documents well enough.

If you're still not clear speak to a representative/ international office at UL

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nicholas2296: 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hello gurus in the house ,just here to make some clarification, do I need ielts to get apply for Irish student visa since not all schools requires it!!!! Pls help
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
All schools may not require you write an IELTS exam but the Irish embassy will definitely ask you for it. Meanwhile, all you need is an overall band score of 5.0 for visa application.

Nicholas2296:
Hello gurus in the house ,just here to make some clarification, do I need ielts to get apply for Irish student visa since not all schools requires it!!!! Pls help
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2019
As for visa application, I think from past information on this thread, the best time would be from June upwards which is when I also intend to apply myself as I am mean to resume in September too. Just want to pay my tuition balance and write IELTS.
Silin:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by natureboi7(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2019
hello fam,
who else got admission to DBS to study in september 2019.??

awaiting for my ielts exams in may and then will proceed to apply for the visa in june by Gods grace.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Maxihyfr: 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
How is the work environment for international students in Ireland
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Maxihyfr: 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
natureboi7:
hello fam,

awaiting for my ielts exams in may and then will proceed to apply for the visa in june by Gods grace.

I thought ielts is not compulsory?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yemiiee: 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
Same with me, got into dbs awaiting my ielts exam in May

[quote author=natureboi7 post=77450489]hello fam,

awaiting for my ielts exams in may and then will proceed to apply for the visa in june by Gods grace.[/

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uchegod05(m): 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Fpv35: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2019
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Olufemijr: 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hello fam,
I recently got admitted to study marketing and management strategy @ Limerick Institute of Technology and I have paid a deposit fee of 500 Euros, however due to funding I will not be able to pay my tuition fees in full which is the school requirement, if I defer my admission till next year please what happens to my deposit fee of 500 Euros?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bodyco: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
ICaSNg:

NCI but its not a science course . Its MSc Entrepreneurship
Thanks bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2019
Olufemijr:
Hello fam,
I recently got admitted to study marketing and management strategy @ Limerick Institute of Technology and I have paid a deposit fee of 500 Euros, however due to funding I will not be able to pay my tuition fees in full which is the school requirement, if I defer my admission till next year please what happens to my deposit fee of 500 Euros?

If you want a deferment, then I think you should let them hold on to the deposit. Unless you just want to get your money back.
Deposits are refundable until May 1st.
I am not an authority on this.
Send them a mail to verify.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by johniwueke: 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
Good work everyone. Please which university in ireland does not require tuition payment before issuing admission letter for visa. I am thinking there may be some universities that you can just pay acceptance deposit of 1000euros or less and then pay tuition when you are there. Anyone has info on this please.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by natureboi7(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2019
Maxihyfr:

I thought ielts is not compulsory?

I think it is cos i was just given a provisional offer upon ielts results.
if it is not necessary kindly inform me on the necessary steps to proceed on the admission . thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2019
johniwueke:
Good work everyone. Please which university in ireland does not require tuition payment before issuing admission letter for visa. I am thinking there may be some universities that you can just pay acceptance deposit of 1000euros or less and then pay tuition when you are there. Anyone has info on this please.

Even if you find a school that will issue you an admission letter without an initial deposit or part payment of tuition, the Irish embassy requires payment of atleast €6000 deposit where school fees are above €6000 and a complete payment where fees are below €6000.
In summary, you must pay a deposit of at least €6000 before you are eligible to apply for am Irish visa.

Reagrds
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
Dreamchaserz:

Even if you find a school that will issue you an admission letter without an initial deposit or part payment of tuition, the Irish embassy requires payment of atleast €6000 deposit where school fees are above €6000 and a complete payment where fees are below €6000.
In summary, you must pay a deposit of at least €6000 before you are eligible to apply for am Irish visa.

Reagrds

And this works for only schools that accept partial deposit. Not all universities accept 6,000 euros in short most require full tuition payment before visa application.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2019
ICaSNg:

And this works for only schools that accept partial deposit. Not all universities accept 6,000 euros in short most require full tuition payment before visa application.

Cheers

Thanks for the input. The point I am trying to buttress is that even if the poster finds a school that will grant him admission without any deposit at all, the Irish embassy will be waiting to see the 6000 Euros deposit. This is a visa requirement!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by johniwueke: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2019
Thanks alot for the information.
Dreamchaserz:

Thanks for the input. The point I am trying to buttress is that even if the poster finds a school that will grant him admission without any deposit at all, the Irish embassy will be waiting to see the 6000 Euros deposit. This is a visa requirement!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2019
Pelumos:
As for visa application, I think from past information on this thread, the best time would be from June upwards which is when I also intend to apply myself as I am mean to resume in September too. Just want to pay my tuition balance and write IELTS.

Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:28am On Apr 16, 2019
Are you aware you can get a sponsored work permit in Ireland even from Nigeria?

YES o...

I've received 2 emails from people who from got full work sponsorship who are currently resident in Nigeria.

Both of them have years of experience in IT. So if you think you have relevant skill sets especially for jobs on the Highly skilled occupation list, please shoot your shot.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workplace-and-Skills/Employment-Permits/Employment-Permit-Eligibility/Highly-Skilled-Eligible-Occupations-List/

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pacypatty(f): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good evening house,am new here pls I would love to be directed to ireland thread for family relocation . Thanks everyone
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Kayboo029: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
What if it’s not high skilled. I know a travel coy that have work permit package. Is this real too?.
ICaSNg:
Are you aware you can get a sponsored work permit in Ireland even from Nigeria?

YES o...

I've received 2 emails from people who from got full work sponsorship who are currently resident in Nigeria.

Both of them have years of experience in IT. So if you think you have relevant skill sets especially for jobs on the Highly skilled occupation list, please shoot your shot.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workplace-and-Skills/Employment-Permits/Employment-Permit-Eligibility/Highly-Skilled-Eligible-Occupations-List/

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rocklodge(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
Dear Nigerians,
Be as gentle as a dove and as wise as a serpent. It is my desire to write a whole lot of you that are in this thread or may visit this thread to be watchful what you desire for yourselves. While I appreciate the encouragement given by major people in this place to encourage greener pastures, it is also good to also clear the air for people to see the negative sides in moving to Ireland and make comparison before taking the bold step of investing your millions.
Ireland gives you 2 years after studies to look for a job. This job must pay a certain minimum for you to keep being in their country. The company would also file for your permit as well using this job and pays some extra taxes hiring you. Sounds pretty good!!!
Let's see the reality,
When u apply to these jobs, so many EUs apply together with their citizens as well. The law allows EUs to work without restriction. Hence, most companies prefer to hire their citizens and EUs leaving most Africans with "sorry emails". Most Nigerians I have sampled here get these rejection mails on jobs the even have very good competence at. More also comes when you find out that a typical Irish was raised to see Africans as poor and having a disadvantaged life bcoz of skin colour. Furthermore, ask yourself, Ireland is not interested in giving scholarship to the large number of students they pull. They are aware of the current situation in the country and would be glad to explore it without offering you a discount since they know you are desperate. Most students in Ireland pay their fees to the last Kobo only to turn around to face these in the job market. The country is indirectly using the student monies to build their GDP with no regards to their fate afterwards. Even Asians suffer less of these in employment than Africans. Most Nigerians come here and spend all their money and finally realize in long run they have been shortchanged. However, I don't blame them, I only blame the bad leaders in Nigeria that have made the country a laughing stock.
My 1 dollar advise is: it is good to seek greener pastures but be aware that these things happen in Ireland. The probability of you having that job is really slim and so most Nigerian graduates keep doing menial/casual jobs even after graduation. Explore better areas with less racist approach and better labour laws. Also have a plan for yourselves so that if they don't give u the job that makes u stay back, you can forge on to better areas instead of crying over spilt milk. And becoming a begger or a peasantry in Europe.
#BewiseNigeria#... # Godguideyourstruggle#

8 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 8:13am On Apr 17, 2019
Kayboo029:
What if it’s not high skilled. I know a travel coy that have work permit package. Is this real too?.

Work permit package to Ireland?

I dont think its genuine.

The process is that you apply directly to a company or apply via recruitment companies in Ireland-who then connects you directly to the organisation itself.
Write tests or have interviews with your recruiters from Ireland via skype.
A whole lot of people are resident in Ireland, why will they need Nigerians to take a job when they can easily find someone in the country to fill up the job. If they can't then your occupation has to be on the highly skilled list.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 8:24am On Apr 17, 2019
rocklodge:
Dear Nigerians,
Be as gentle as a dove and as wise as a serpent. It is my desire to write a whole lot of you that are in this thread or may visit this thread to be watchful what you desire for yourselves. While I appreciate the encouragement given by major people in this place to encourage greener pastures, it is also good to also clear the air for people to see the negative sides in moving to Ireland and make comparison before taking the bold step of investing your millions.
Ireland gives you 2 years after studies to look for a job. This job must pay a certain minimum for you to keep being in their country. The company would also file for your permit as well using this job and pays some extra taxes hiring you. Sounds pretty good!!!
Let's see the reality,
When u apply to these jobs, so many EUs apply together with their citizens as well. The law allows EUs to work without restriction. Hence, most companies prefer to hire their citizens and EUs leaving most Africans with "sorry emails". Most Nigerians I have sampled here get these rejection mails on jobs the even have very good competence at. More also comes when you find out that a typical Irish was raised to see Africans as poor and having a disadvantaged life bcoz of skin colour. Furthermore, ask yourself, Ireland is not interested in giving scholarship to the large number of students they pull. They are aware of the current situation in the country and would be glad to explore it without offering you a discount since they know you are desperate. Most students in Ireland pay their fees to the last Kobo only to turn around to face these in the job market. The country is indirectly using the student monies to build their GDP with no regards to their fate afterwards. Even Asians suffer less of these in employment than Africans. Most Nigerians come here and spend all their money and finally realize in long run they have been shortchanged. However, I don't blame them, I only blame the bad leaders in Nigeria that have made the country a laughing stock.
My 1 dollar advise is: it is good to seek greener pastures but be aware that these things happen in Ireland. The probability of you having that job is really slim and so most Nigerian graduates keep doing menial/casual jobs even after graduation. Explore better areas with less racist approach and better labour laws. Also have a plan for yourselves so that if they don't give u the job that makes u stay back, you can forge on to better areas instead of crying over spilt milk. And becoming a begger or a peasantry in Europe.

Most Developed countries sell greener pastures to foreigners - some through further studies, others through residence permit/ citizenship.

I bet you've heard of some countries where you need to invest in their real estate with £100,000 to £1,000,000 or even more for you to have dual or multiple citizenship.

My concern is people always feel its strange that these countries give priorities to citizens and EU nationals before Foreigners when even here in Nigeria , companies employ foreigners before Nigerians.

No one promised it will be easy, but you can definitely take it to the bank that 80 percent of the time you're treated more fairly than your home country.

This doesn't just apply to Ireland, same happens in US, Australia, Canada**- even in Canada, employers will take black people with PR before fresh graduate just because no company wants to go through the hustle of sponsoring someone when you can easily get someone who has a 5 year permit.
My candid advice is simple- pray as if you've not worked and work as if you've not prayed . Don't expect anything to be handed to you. Keep your head high and keep trying.

Even oyinbos are struggling too.
Yes most times things don't go according to plans and it seems as if we've hit rock bottom, but be persistent there is always a light and escape at the end of the tunnel.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by natureboi7(m): 8:29am On Apr 17, 2019
rocklodge:
Dear Nigerians,
Let's see the reality,

Thanks bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.