Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,080 members, 7,957,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (755728 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Kayboo029: 9:09am On Apr 17, 2019
Makes a lot of sense. Thank you
ICaSNg:

Work permit package to Ireland?

I dont think its genuine.

The process is that you apply directly to a company or apply via recruitment companies in Ireland-who then connects you directly to the organisation itself.
Write tests or have interviews with your recruiters from Ireland via skype.
A whole lot of people are resident in Ireland, why will they need Nigerians to take a job when they can easily find someone in the country to fill up the job. If they can't then your occupation has to be on the highly skilled list.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rocklodge(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2019
ICaSNg:

Like I said, I am not here to sound pessimistic, but don't buy the sweet tongue and fancy painting that Ireland gives with 2years stay-back and the idea that there are a number of companies bcoz of BREXIT.
Make your plans well and know that these things happen. Don't be tired to explore other areas beneficial to u, instead of just joining the bandwagon of " I want to come to Ireland". For all I know, the Irish visa process will keep being easy in Nigeria bcoz of the huge investment they make from your fees. But don't rely on it 100 percent as a way to brighter future.

Take care,

Most Developed countries sell greener pastures to foreigners - some through further studies, others through residence permit/ citizenship.

I bet you've heard of some countries where you need to invest in their real estate with £100,000 to £1,000,000 or even more for you to have dual or multiple citizenship.

My concern is people always feel its strange that these countries give priorities to citizens and EU nationals before Foreigners when even here in Nigeria , companies employ foreigners before Nigerians.

No one promised it will be easy, but you can definitely take it to the bank that 80 percent of the time you're treated more fairly than your home country.

This doesn't just apply to Ireland, same happens in US, Australia, Canada**- even in Canada, employers will take black people with PR before fresh graduate just because no company wants to go through the hustle of sponsoring someone when you can easily get someone who has a 5 year permit.
My candid advice is simple- pray as if you've not worked and work as if you've not prayed . Don't expect anything to be handed to you. Keep your head high and keep trying.

Even oyinbos are struggling too.
Yes most times things don't go according to plans and it seems as if we've hit rock bottom, but be persistent there is always a light and escape at the end of the tunnel.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rocklodge(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2019
Like I said, I am not here to sound pessimistic, but don't buy the sweet tongue and fancy painting that Ireland gives with 2years stay-back and the idea that there are a number of companies bcoz of BREXIT.
Make your plans well and know that these things happen. Don't be tired to explore other areas beneficial to u, instead of just joining the bandwagon of " I want to come to Ireland". For all I know, the Irish visa process will keep being easy in Nigeria bcoz of the huge investment they make from your fees. But don't rely on it 100 percent as a way to brighter future.

Take care,

Most Developed countries sell greener pastures to foreigners - some through further studies, others through residence permit/ citizenship.

I bet you've heard of some countries where you need to invest in their real estate with £100,000 to £1,000,000 or even more for you to have dual or multiple citizenship.

My concern is people always feel its strange that these countries give priorities to citizens and EU nationals before Foreigners when even here in Nigeria , companies employ foreigners before Nigerians.

No one promised it will be easy, but you can definitely take it to the bank that 80 percent of the time you're treated more fairly than your home country.

This doesn't just apply to Ireland, same happens in US, Australia, Canada**- even in Canada, employers will take black people with PR before fresh graduate just because no company wants to go through the hustle of sponsoring someone when you can easily get someone who has a 5 year permit.
My candid advice is simple- pray as if you've not worked and work as if you've not prayed . Don't expect anything to be handed to you. Keep your head high and keep trying.

Even oyinbos are struggling too.
Yes most times things don't go according to plans and it seems as if we've hit rock bottom, but be persistent there is always a light and escape at the end of the tunnel.
[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
I just want to reinforce what he said ..lol.
You need to use your head and be prepared for the mental shock.
P.S. I was a bit more fortunate than others. But statistically based on guys I'm in touch... it not a nice outlook. There was this thread by a guy that really highlight the reality in Ireland. The link is up this thread. Pls make sure you read it very carefully; every bit of what the dude said is real. IT alone I know has a safety net somewhat...
rocklodge:
Dear Nigerians,
Be as gentle as a dove and as wise as a serpent. It is my desire to write a whole lot of you that are in this thread or may visit this thread to be watchful what you desire for yourselves. While I appreciate the encouragement given by major people in this place to encourage greener pastures, it is also good to also clear the air for people to see the negative sides in moving to Ireland and make comparison before taking the bold step of investing your millions.
Ireland gives you 2 years after studies to look for a job. This job must pay a certain minimum for you to keep being in their country. The company would also file for your permit as well using this job and pays some extra taxes hiring you. Sounds pretty good!!!
Let's see the reality,
When u apply to these jobs, so many EUs apply together with their citizens as well. The law allows EUs to work without restriction. Hence, most companies prefer to hire their citizens and EUs leaving most Africans with "sorry emails". Most Nigerians I have sampled here get these rejection mails on jobs the even have very good competence at. More also comes when you find out that a typical Irish was raised to see Africans as poor and having a disadvantaged life bcoz of skin colour. Furthermore, ask yourself, Ireland is not interested in giving scholarship to the large number of students they pull. They are aware of the current situation in the country and would be glad to explore it without offering you a discount since they know you are desperate. Most students in Ireland pay their fees to the last Kobo only to turn around to face these in the job market. The country is indirectly using the student monies to build their GDP with no regards to their fate afterwards. Even Asians suffer less of these in employment than Africans. Most Nigerians come here and spend all their money and finally realize in long run they have been shortchanged. However, I don't blame them, I only blame the bad leaders in Nigeria that have made the country a laughing stock.
My 1 dollar advise is: it is good to seek greener pastures but be aware that these things happen in Ireland. The probability of you having that job is really slim and so most Nigerian graduates keep doing menial/casual jobs even after graduation. Explore better areas with less racist approach and better labour laws. Also have a plan for yourselves so that if they don't give u the job that makes u stay back, you can forge on to better areas instead of crying over spilt milk. And becoming a begger or a peasantry in Europe.
#BewiseNigeria#... # Godguideyourstruggle#

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2019
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rockyh(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please how long does it take Griffith college to process admission for postgraduate degree. Its bn 2 weeks i sent my details to the college and yet no response from them
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by adeyemo001: 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
Does anyone know whether submission centre will open tomorrow Friday 19th April?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hello fam, please i tried to make payment using the link UL sent to my offer letter. That is transfermate. But the transaction has been saying declined. Can someone help me out on this please. Thank you

Please, IcaSNG can you help me out on this
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Cherishedcyn: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

My friend, an IT professional with over 3 years of experience and a UK masters is looking for an affordable Masters to do in Ireland. What's the cheapest fees he can get in an IT related or project management MSc? Thanks for your responses.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
Cherishedcyn:
Hello everyone,

My friend, an IT professional with over 3 years of experience and a UK masters is looking for an affordable Masters to do in Ireland. What's the cheapest fees he can get in an IT related or project management MSc? Thanks for your responses.

Depending on his grade and university preference and also considering fluctuations in FX, #4.3m

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2019
Silin:
Hello fam, please i tried to make payment using the link UL sent to my offer letter. That is transfermate. But the transaction has been saying declined. Can someone help me out on this please. Thank you

Please, IcaSNG can you help me out on this

Please, kindly help me out
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Cherishedcyn: 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
ICaSNg:

Depending on his grade and university preference and also considering fluctuations in FX, #4.3m

Cheers

Thanks for your response.

He has a 2.1 BSc. and is rounding up his Masters at the moment. No university preference as such but Unis in Limerick or around Limerick would be nice.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
Silin:

Please, kindly help me out

https://indv.transfermateeducation.com/individuals_login.aspx

This is a new upgraded system from paytostudy, if the same process applies you are required to create an account , register your details and get estimated amount and account details to make the required payment.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2019
ICaSNg:

https://indv.transfermateeducation.com/individuals_login.aspx

This is a new upgraded system from paytostudy, if the same process applies you are required to create an account , register your details and get estimated amount and account details to make the required payment.

Thanks for your response.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jessiejagajaga: 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2019
Please can someone write TOEFL instead of IELTS when applying for Ireland visa or is it compulsory it must be IETS...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ghost911: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hi Everyone, Please I just got admitted to Trinity College Dublin, MSc in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering. Please I want to know if anyone else has gotten admission into that university, I will be resuming in September.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hello gurus in the house. Please when taking out medical insurance for visa application, are we to cover the duration of the study or is it done on a yearly basis?
Secondly, which company would you recommend?

Cc
ICaSNg
Prinstine88
Dotcomnamename
Mcowubaba
Geobukky

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
Dreamchaserz:
Hello gurus in the house. Please when taking out medical insurance for visa application, are we to cover the duration of the study or is it done on a yearly basis?

Cc
ICaSNg
Prinstine88
Dotcomnamename
Mcowubaba
Geobukky

Thanks

I'm not sure. I'll ask a friend and get you feedback later.
In my case, it was a year masters so I did just one year and renewed when I was going to apply for a new visa
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2019
Ghost911:
Hi Everyone, Please I just got admitted to Trinity College Dublin, MSc in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering. Please I want to know if anyone else has gotten admission into that university, I will be resuming in September.
That's a nice course... congrats
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
Jessiejagajaga:
Please can someone write TOEFL instead of IELTS when applying for Ireland visa or is it compulsory it must be IETS...
I used toefl...a friend used pte...be sure to consult the relevant website tho
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mcowubaba: 2:17am On Apr 21, 2019
Dreamchaserz:

Cc
ICaSNg
Prinstine88
Dotcomnamename
Mcowubaba
Geobukky
T
Thanks
If you're going for a student visa
There is a recognised medical insurance company for Non EU students

And yes it's on a yearly basis, cost like €150 - €200 per year, and you'll have to pay once (in full)
https://www.studyandprotect.com/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Although be strongly advised that this medical insurance is mostly for immigration purposes, like you can't have any claim on it if you're really sick grin
It's more like an official document with no value except for immigration

If you need a proper medical insurance, go for
Vhi, hia, and obviously they are way more expensive!
https://www.vhi.ie/health-insurance/plandescription?coverset=LIFSP&profileId=individuals

https://www.hia.ie

Wish you the best of luck. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 6:12am On Apr 21, 2019
geobukky:

I'm not sure. I'll ask a friend and get you feedback later.
In my case, it was a year masters so I did just one year and renewed when I was going to apply for a new visa

Thanks for the response.
During the period covered, were you able to make any claim on it?
Does it really cover your medical expenses?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 6:13am On Apr 21, 2019
Mcowubaba:

If you're going for a student visa
There is a recognised medical insurance company for Non EU students

And yes it's on a yearly basis, cost like €150 - €200 per year, and you'll have to pay once (in full)
https://www.studyandprotect.com/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Although be strongly advised that this medical insurance is mostly for immigration purposes, like you can't have any claim on it if you're really sick grin
It's more like an official document with no value except for immigration

If you're need a proper medical insurance, go for
Vhi, hia, and obviously they are way more expensive!
https://www.vhi.ie/health-insurance/plandescription?coverset=LIFSP&profileId=individuals

https://www.hia.ie

Wish you the best of luck. Cheers

Thanks a lot for this.
Your best is yet to come.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 21, 2019
Dreamchaserz:

Thanks for the response.
During the period covered, were you able to make any claim on it?
Does it really cover your medical expenses?
Had no reason to, but I understand it's very useless
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ghost911: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
geobukky:

That's a nice course... congrats

Thanks, Geobukky.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
geobukky:

Had no reason to, but I understand it's very useless

Lol grin
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2019
Dreamchaserz:

Cc
ICaSNg

Thanks

The only acceptable medical insurance as recommended by universities and accepted by the Irish Embassy for visa application is Medicover. https://www.studyandprotect.com/

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Franksuka: 7:47am On Apr 23, 2019
Sholsp:
[color=#990000][/color]Hi@ dizzynet, nice experience you had in Ireland and this brings out the positivity about the prospects there.i tried messaging you but i think your permission is needed.i have also paid my 50% upfront for DIT, will like to know how flexible they are in respect to paying the balance.is there a strict timeline and how can i spread it to make it easy for me.tnx

I am sharing this to encourage someone.

About 15 months ago, I took the brave decision to travel abroad for better opportunities. Brave because I had a decent job as per naija standards but I was pretty stagnant and making no genuine progress in my career. I considered several countries but eventually settled for Ireland as it was less competitive than other countries and they offered graduates a genuine chance to get a job after graduation. I barely put enough money together for visa application, flights and 50% of the tuition. I came to study a Masters in Computing(Data Analytics) at DIT, I did not know much about the school but the deciding factor in picking it was that they allowed a 50% down payment of tuition for registration.

It was a very intense period while I studied, I was lucky to be get a part time job almost immediately after I arrived and it was extremely difficult juggling this with full time study especially as the masters degree was extremely packed. I did not need any extra motivation to dedicate my whole being to studying, this often meant I had to hang around all night in Starbucks, completing assignments and studying.

Now to the testimony, about 2 months ago I graduated and I actually had a job offer as an Analytics Consultant in a top Consulting Firm here in Dublin before I graduated. Now this is nothing but God's grace as I know for a fact it is not easy. On accepting the Job offer, the company wasted no time in preparing a critical skills work permit application(equivalent of green card) on my behalf which got approved about two weeks ago.

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information.

Seriously... I will love to contact you via email
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Franksuka: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2019
Please gurus in the house,.. Can I apply for student visa without an English test?... I have proof of evidence that my undergraduate studies was done in English from my school...Also I have IELTS general training( overall band score 7.0)

Please I need your advice
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by thomylt12345: 4:25am On Apr 24, 2019
hello please i want to no if its possible to live in Belfast and school in dundalk
my brother has a valid uk visa and also Irish study visa.

but his family needs to join him and since de can not be in Ireland legally under 1 year they want to settle in belfast and after his study they will all move into Ireland .

suggestions and valid knowledge is highly welcome

thank u in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (387)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.