Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,041 members, 7,953,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:24 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (754115 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by thomylt12345: 4:26am On Apr 24, 2019
thomylt12345:
hello please i want to no if its possible to live in Belfast and school in dundalk
my brother has a valid uk visa and also Irish study visa.

but his family needs to join him and since de can not be in Ireland legally under 1 year they want to settle in belfast and after his study they will all move into Ireland .

suggestions and valid knowledge is highly welcome

thank u in advance
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by 2bpat: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2019
Hello great people. Excellent work here I must say.
My sister is putting documents together for VISA against September, 2019.
Please how do we get private medical insurance. The school DBS asked her to make personal arrangement.
Thanks for your Swift response.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by adeyemo001: 10:59am On Apr 24, 2019
thomylt12345:
hello please i want to no if its possible to live in Belfast and school in dundalk

but his family needs to join him and since de can not be in Ireland legally under 1 year they want to settle in belfast and after his study they will all move into Ireland .

thank u in advance

I live in Dundalk beside DKIT school. Yes it's possible.

From Belfast in UK to Dundalk Co. Louth in Ireland, by car is about 1 hour 10 minutes. By Train is about 2 hours 10 minutes. He cal always leave Belfast at least 1 hour before travel time. If people can live in Enfield, Dublin, even more far counties and study in Dundalk, then your brother can live in Belfast and study in Dundalk.

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by thomylt12345: 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
adeyemo001:

From Belfast in UK to Dundalk Co. Louth in Ireland, by car is about 1 hour 10 minutes. By Train is about 2 hours 10 minutes. He cal always leave Belfast at least 1 hour before travel time. If people can live in Enfield, Dublin, even more far counties and study in Dundalk, then your brother can live in Belfast and study in Dundalk.

i appreciate...thank you so much
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by thomylt12345: 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2019
adeyemo001:

please are in in DKIT? if yes how is it there? for m.sc program can one worka part time job and still get to study?
please kindly enlighten me more about the school.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phatkayconcept: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2019
Guys please help me before I make mistake!

I am applying for admission in Ireland and Canada and I want to book my IELTS test. I have been training for more than a month now, I believe I am ready to book the test .

Please my question is which one will schools in Canada and Ireland accept.. MOD or British Council

Please, guys help me so I don't register for the wrong choice. Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sholsp: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
@phatkayconcept, any of the test is ok as an acceptable form of English.MOD is cheaper and also ielts but owned by Australia.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by debris: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
Please help guys i applied for a Direct entry program at DIT for a medical program....

Please how long does it take to get response for Non-Eu students any idea?

Are there hopes of securing admission for a direct program at 400l for non- eu student?

Anyone that has gone through the pathway or applying?

Am worried as this is the only application i have done soo far as am applying for september 2019 studies sad sad , Am applying with a 3rd class degree reasons i opted for the direct program.

Cc
ICaSNg
Prinstine88
Dotcomnamename
Mcowubaba
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ditho2017: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
cnonwnuwsp17:
Visa granted

Submitted at VFS 24th Friday Nov 2017 (VFS Abuja)

Passport received 15th Friday 2017 (Exactly 3 weeks)

Griffith College Dublin

MSc Big Data Management and analytics

Thanks to everyone here for their contributions

Hello brother,

Please did you pay your tuition fee in full?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phatkayconcept: 9:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sholsp:
@phatkayconcept, any of the test is ok as an acceptable form of English.MOD is cheaper and also ielts but owned by Australia.

Thank you, I appreciate. I will go for MOD
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
2bpat:
Please how do we get private medical insurance. The school DBS asked her to make personal arrangement.
U can buy through pay to study.. just go to their website and fill the form..it's easy...it's about 150 euros now..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascopele: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
anitakel:

Thank you so much
which new Lagos
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Good day people.
I went for a study in Ireland event at eko hote, lagos today where there were many schools and their representatives. I spoke to the one from the school i have an admission with and he told me that i could pay my accommodation costs (which included feeding and electricity bills) for either a semester or the whole year before applying for my visa.

I would like to ask that if i make my full tuition payment and my full accommodation payment as well, would i still need the living cost amount which is a minimum of 7,000 euros to be in my sponsor's account.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by weiny: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2019
Hi
I want to know if failed attempts in exams are considered gaps? Therefore, do i need to justify those fails as i had no tuitions and was working full time.

P.S. i was doing ACCA and now applying for formal education in Ireland: "Bachelors in accounting" by keeping ACCA on hold.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2019
Franksuka:
Please gurus in the house,.. Can I apply for student visa without an English test?... I have proof of evidence that my undergraduate studies was done in English from my school...Also I have IELTS general training( overall band score 7.0)

Please I need your advice

Any valid English test is acceptable by the Irish Embassy.Please make sure you submit the general ielts.

All the best.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
thomylt12345:

thank u in advance

Legally you can only stay in the UK for 6 months at a stretch. so let them think seriously about this before moving
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
Pelumos:
Good day people.
I went for a study in Ireland event at eko hote, lagos today where there were many schools and their representatives. I spoke to the one from the school i have an admission with and he told me that i could pay my accommodation costs (which included feeding and electricity bills) for either a semester or the whole year before applying for my visa.

I would like to ask that if i make my full tuition payment and my full accommodation payment as well, would i still need the living cost amount which is a minimum of 7,000 euros to be in my sponsor's account.

YES you do!!!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
debris:
Please help guys i applied for a Direct entry program at DIT for a medical program....

Please how long does it take to get response for Non-Eu students any idea?

Are there hopes of securing admission for a direct program at 400l for non- eu student?

Anyone that has gone through the pathway or applying?

Am worried as this is the only application i have done soo far as am applying for september 2019 studies sad sad , Am applying with a 3rd class degree reasons i opted for the direct program.

Cc
ICaSNg

Yes some universities accept students with 3rd class into the final year am not sure about TUD though but admission offers generally takes 72 hours to 15 working days on average.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
2bpat:

This is where to purchase the right medical insurance :

https://www.studyandprotect.com/
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by thomylt12345: 2:07am On Apr 29, 2019
ok thank you
ICaSNg:

Legally you can only stay in the UK for 6 months at a stretch. so let them think seriously about this before moving
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by thomylt12345: 2:10am On Apr 29, 2019
looking at uk now, after one year it might be a part way to to canada or australia or maybe america. rather than waiting here. thank you and if u can share more i will be glad. i appreciate.

ICaSNg:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by 2bpat: 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
Thank you.

quote author=ICaSNg post=77940989]

This is where to purchase the right medical insurance :

https://www.studyandprotect.com/[/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sholsp: 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
ICaSNg:

YES you do!!!

Good day @pelumo, to the best of my knowledge, accomodation in Ireland is part of the living cost minimum budgeted for a year.if you can pay your accomodation for a year before leaving Nigeria,with concrete proof to this, you might not need to show the complete 7000 euros.but if you have it,you can let that reflect in your POF. For instance having a relative in Ireland who has shown proof that he can accommodate you for a year, as far as I know the 7k euros should be reduced.my 2 cents pls.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Uceee001: 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
embarassed embarassed
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oluwanifemi34: 1:11pm On May 01, 2019
Please which school can I apply to that doesn’t require application fee?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 2:11pm On May 01, 2019
Oluwanifemi34:
Please which school can I apply to that doesn’t require application fee?

It depends on you getting your preferred course of study in this schools
but You can check the listed schools below.

Cork institute of technology....,
Dundalk Institute of Technology
IT tralee
Griffith College
Athlone Institute of Technology

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oluwanifemi34: 2:18pm On May 01, 2019
Thanks so much!!!

Wolesantos:

It depends on you getting your preferred course of study in this schools
but You can check the listed schools below.

Cork institute of technology....,
Dundalk Institute of Technology
IT tralee
Griffith College
Athlone Institute of Technology

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zudoka(f): 3:36pm On May 01, 2019
My cousin wants to apply for a PG diploma in UCC. It's a level 9. My concern is that it is a 2 year part time programme, and it's listed under Adult continuing education. Although it states they award a post graduate diploma (major award).

Please will she be granted visa with that? And most important, will she get the 1 year work permit?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:42pm On May 01, 2019
Zudoka:
My cousin wants to apply for a PG diploma in UCC. It's a level 9. My concern is that it is a 2 year part time programme, and it's listed under Adult continuing education. Although it states they award a post graduate diploma (major award).

Please will she be granted visa with that? And most important, will she get the 1 year work permit?

Part-time courses are not available to International students
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zudoka(f): 8:41am On May 02, 2019
Thank yoi
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zudoka(f): 8:41am On May 02, 2019
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (387)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.