Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (725189 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bonuken: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hi Guys! Applied on 5th July and was one of the applicants whose visa was sent to Dublin. It got to Dublin on the 23rd.
Thankfully after all the thoughts and small curses to the consulate my visa was approved on 16th of September and I received my documents on 19th of September. Wish you guys waiting on yours the very best!!!

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by PraiseRachum: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Computer Science
vkyburnz:

OK. .wch programme?

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abelorode: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
PraiseRachum:
Visa issued

Applied 9th August

Got to the Embassy on the 14th

Stamped on the 17th September

Got my package today

God is faithful! I Pray for more approval for those awaiting their Visas.

Congratulations. Kindly state the documents submitted and school. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ghost911: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
PraiseRachum:
Computer Science

Hi Praise you can check the school accommodation, cause I received a mail that some rooms are still available.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmanuel360(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
Please i have a few issue i'll like someone to clear me on.

I deferred my admission early in august because I didn't forsee resolving the issue I had before September but till now I haven't gotten any reply from the school. Does it take this long to get a reply for deferment?.

I paid about 99% of my fee before I deferred the admission so I'll like to ask if it is necessary for me to seek a refund and repay or not
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by PraiseRachum: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thanks Ghost911
Ghost911:

Hi Praise you can check the school accommodation, cause I received a mail that some rooms are still available.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
Emma sorry for whatever issue it was...

Does it take this long to get a reply from school? -----> Not sure about that!!!

If U still want 2go ahead & defer, try and send a reminder mail to your School International Office and copy your Programme Coordinator (s) as well (with reasons why you are deferrig) for them to begin the process.

Normally, you should be given a deferment form to fill and submit back to them. Schools may differ - ethically, acceptance fee shd be credited to your student account for the next school year. But others will require you to pay deferral charge to lock-down your place. Whether you pay or not pay deferral charge will depend on your school policies and conditions as regards deferral and/or withdrawal from a programme.

For fees refund, you shd be fully refunded but again like the above, schools have different conditions guiding their refund policy. But I know from the few Irish schools' policies I've gone thru, fee implications kicks in and affects the amount you are refunded once it is Seven Weeks past the start of an academic session.

Your School International Office and your Programme Coordinator are well versed in this matter. Contact them again. If you can, try calling them as well.

Best of success bro

Emmanuel360:
Please i have a few issue i'll like someone to clear me on.

I deferred my admission early in august because I didn't forsee resolving the issue I had before September but till now I haven't gotten any reply from the school. Does it take this long to get a reply for deferment?.

I paid about 99% of my fee before I deferred the admission so I'll like to ask if it is necessary for me to seek a refund and repay or not
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yemiiee: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
PraiseRachum:
Thanks Ghost911

Which school?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yemiiee: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
Any DBS student still awaiting visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zenithheights: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
PraiseRachum:
I intend to book via Etihad the same day but does it required transits visa at Dubai?

No it does not require a transit visa.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zenithheights: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
johnmattew:
are u in Lagos?

Traveling from Lagos
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zenithheights: 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
ICaSNg:

oh my , Thank God ! Congrats and may God prosper your stay / sojourn.
Cheers

Amen! Thanks sis

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kc4ujesus11(m): 7:06am On Sep 22, 2019
How long does it take to get a yellow card ?
Good morning Nairalanders
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yacine: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2019
[quote author=kc4ujesus11 post=82452103]How long does it take to get a yellow card ?
Good morning Nairalanders [/quote

You get it the same day you go for it.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2019
kc4ujesus11:
U don't need it for anything coming to Ireland
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmanuel360(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2019
vkyburnz:
Emma sorry for whatever issue it was...

Does it take this long to get a reply from school? -----> Not sure about that!!!

If U still want 2go ahead & defer, try and send a reminder mail to your School International Office and copy your Programme Coordinator (s) as well (with reasons why you are deferrig) for them to begin the process.

Normally, you should be given a deferment form to fill and submit back to them. Schools may differ - ethically, acceptance fee shd be credited to your student account for the next school year. But others will require you to pay deferral charge to lock-down your place. Whether you pay or not pay deferral charge will depend on your school policies and conditions as regards deferral and/or withdrawal from a programme.

For fees refund, you shd be fully refunded but again like the above, schools have different conditions guiding their refund policy. But I know from the few Irish schools' policies I've gone thru, fee implications kicks in and affects the amount you are refunded once it is Seven Weeks past the start of an academic session.

Your School International Office and your Programme Coordinator are well versed in this matter. Contact them again. If you can, try calling them as well.

Best of success bro

Tanx a bunch...really appreciate this. I'm using ukaes by the way but the agent is just not saying anything at all.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2019
Alumni/Current DBS/Griffith Student Opinion on Data Sc. Programmes

Making enquiries for a friend. How good is the MSc programme in Data/Business Analytics at DBS & MSC Big Data Mgt & Analytics at Griffith?

Is it worth it compared to what DCU, UCD Smurfit & NUIG Galway offers for instance? and DBS Data Analytics taught modules looks a bit shallow to me (just saying ooo...one of the reasons I'm seeking students' opinion here)

Want possibly a graduating student from DBS or Griffith opinion on this. Will really appreciate. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by johnmattew: 11:37am On Sep 22, 2019
kc4ujesus11:
i don't think Ireland need yellow card
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kc4ujesus11(m): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
Thanks house.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eroms99(m): 11:54am On Sep 23, 2019
They would get back to you don't worry.. just a little patience .
kc4ujesus11:
Currently the are helping out on September students whom their visa are still not issued yet, a little patience will help here bro...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Favv: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
I don't know how to feel about this. I applied on the 30th of July and I was just informed that my application was just transferred to Dublin. The session has commerced and I have this week before the end of my extension date. I am really confused about this
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 1:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
Favv:
I don't know how to feel about this. I applied on the 30th of July and I was just informed that my application was just transferred to Dublin. The session has commerced and I have this week before the end of my extension date. I am really confused about this

Damn this is sad. Frustrating to say the least.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Favv: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
It is. I don't want to complain or throw a tantrum but this is really getting to me. I don't even know what to do.
WINNIE9223:

Damn this is sad. Frustrating to say the least.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by iamfelixy: 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
phychem:

Alright. Just be patient it's coming. See you in Dublin.
Amen o
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
Favv:
It is. I don't want to complain or throw a tantrum but this is really getting to me. I don't even know what to do.

I understand how you feel. I'm waiting too. There's no easy way around it but if it makes you feel better, a friend got his on Friday. He submitted 2nd week of August.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ChukwuVictor: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2019
WINNIE9223:

I understand how you feel. I'm waiting too. There's no easy way around it but if it makes you feel better, a friend got his on Friday. He submitted 2nd week of August.

When exactly did your friend submit? Cos I submitted around that time too
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
ChukwuVictor:

When exactly did your friend submit? Cos I submitted around that time too

Submitted on the 15th of August.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Freeboy25: 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
Yes. message me lets chat
Yemiiee:
Any DBS student still awaiting visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Freeboy25: 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
WINNIE9223:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
Freeboy25:
Have you gotten yours?

Nope. I submitted on the 11th of July and I'm still waiting .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tolu1411: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
WINNIE9223:

Chei!!! I’m weak

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.