Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,916 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719991 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Olayinkaji(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
Bjrokenhear003:

Griffith College the most useless college i have seen. Dont be deceived by them advertisment, how i passed was through experience
Haaa, the school is bad news like this o. What's your experience bro, might telling me
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Olayinkaji(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Bjrokenhear003:
hi guys

Been a long time

i am indeed tired

Finally finished my Msc Accountiung and Finance from Griffith college with a H1(First Class)

I have a job i am currently managing and if i work 5 days i make about 350euros weekly and sometimes above, its a menial job inside the cold room(-3 degrees)

When i started the job initially, i enjoyed it, but i have goals and ambition as i dont want to stay in that job for a long time

Now my issue is all the company i am applying to need stamp 4, only big four and top investment banks and firms hire stamp 1G holders. A lot of international student suffer this issue ATM. Only few courses such as computer science land jobs before finishing college.

I have applied and truthfully i am getting tired of my life because i cant see myself as a factory worker anylonger, my body is getting weak as days go on

i am only 27 years old and i have bright future ambitions set for myself In terms of savings, i am close to zero as cost of living is high, spend about 500 euros on rent, transport 80 euros and feeding both at work and home 130 monthly, lyka 15 euros.

truthfully i am tired and falling into depression little by little, its only my GF who is black dutch who brings joy to me atm. She earns triple of what i make

I am wondering if i marry her, i will get the stamp4 but am i ready with savings of 1k now, although the govt in europe care for their citizens but i am in the middle of the sea. I love her and would want to settle with her, yet i want to know her deeper before marriage., i get the stamp in 4-6 months if i do it this December.Love is sweet when the both parties are comfortable

Now the thought is, if i don't secure a good job after settling down, what is left for me. I love her so much and she is very confident in me that I will make it but i am losing confidence in myself after so many rejections from different company's. I worked as an accountant in Nigeria for 3 years, so I'm not a fresh graduate.

My father didn't make me suffer one day, i still have inherited wealth of 30k euros in treasury bills, so i wouldn't want to bring children into this world to suffer them

I am tired truthfully and confused at this stage, i need help.
Congratulations on your first class. You can do Canada migration but also be prepared to. Because Canada doesn't give jobs out like that. You can also get jobs before getting there. Check nairaland and Quora on some tips. God be with you bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ahiboilandgas: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
Bjrokenhear003:
hi guys

Been a long time

i am indeed tired

Finally finished my Msc Accountiung and Finance from Griffith college with a H1(First Class)

I have a job i am currently managing and if i work 5 days i make about 350euros weekly and sometimes above, its a menial job inside the cold room(-3 degrees)

When i started the job initially, i enjoyed it, but i have goals and ambition as i dont want to stay in that job for a long time

Now my issue is all the company i am applying to need stamp 4, only big four and top investment banks and firms hire stamp 1G holders. A lot of international student suffer this issue ATM. Only few courses such as computer science land jobs before finishing college.

I have applied and truthfully i am getting tired of my life because i cant see myself as a factory worker anylonger, my body is getting weak as days go on

i am only 27 years old and i have bright future ambitions set for myself In terms of savings, i am close to zero as cost of living is high, spend about 500 euros on rent, transport 80 euros and feeding both at work and home 130 monthly, lyka 15 euros.

truthfully i am tired and falling into depression little by little, its only my GF who is black dutch who brings joy to me atm. She earns triple of what i make

I am wondering if i marry her, i will get the stamp4 but am i ready with savings of 1k now, although the govt in europe care for their citizens but i am in the middle of the sea. I love her and would want to settle with her, yet i want to know her deeper before marriage., i get the stamp in 4-6 months if i do it this December.Love is sweet when the both parties are comfortable

Now the thought is, if i don't secure a good job after settling down, what is left for me. I love her so much and she is very confident in me that I will make it but i am losing confidence in myself after so many rejections from different company's. I worked as an accountant in Nigeria for 3 years, so I'm not a fresh graduate.

My father didn't make me suffer one day, i still have inherited wealth of 30k euros in treasury bills, so i wouldn't want to bring children into this world to suffer them

God bless u my kid brother is also their Msc international bussiness graduate notting yet ,I have to send him some money from nigeria ,I spent over 12k euro on him...it seem it only computer science foreign graduate dey get job ....he told me all this friends that studied computer science or data analyst got food jobs and he planning to do another Msc....pls can u list courses that get job faster aside computer science....for people to learn
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by olajimii: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2019
My thoughts exactly. With an internationally recognised masters degree, you have a very good chance of migrating to other countries. Especially Canada and Australia with their Permanent Residency program, you'll definitely get a high point. You could be lucky to even be offered a job before you get there.
CastedDude:
Bro, congratulations to u for graduating in flying colours... its not easy at all to make a First class degree. With ur complaints and dissatisfaction about ur present condition, why not try to migrate to other countries such as Canada and Australia through Permanent Residency. Having a Masters degree from a recognized country will help to smoothen the process. U can become a permanent resident in Canada with ur Masters degree. U don't need to put all ur eggs in one basket. U can port to another country with ur degree if u don't like Ireland anymore. Wish u all the best in your endeavors.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tolu1411: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hi guys please this is important, how do you submit an appeal from Lagos? Is it through the vfs? Or any ups location? Please I need a response ASAP. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
Tolu1411:
Hi guys please this is important, how do you submit an appeal from Lagos? Is it through the vfs? Or any ups location? Please I need a response ASAP. Thank you

Courier - UPS / DHL
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eroms99(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
Wow.. really didn't know ireland is this hard when it comes to living there.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 7:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Tell me which country is easy.. EVERYWHERE IS HARD.... don't get it twisted.
Eroms99:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eroms99(m): 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
True tho
CastedDude:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by olajimii: 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
Bros no country is easy. It's all about the willingness to survive. Man must always be ready to hustle a way out, legally o!!
Eroms99:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by legionnaire(m): 8:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Please guys where can I find the format for the Irish study visa Statement of Purpose?

Please house, I appreciate response. Thanks a lot.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tolu1411: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2019
Thank you! So I don’t have to go to VFS anymore?Do I also need to submit photocopies with the documents or just the originals?
ICaSNg:

Courier - UPS / DHL
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tolu1411: 10:43am On Oct 20, 2019
You can make use of this. Griffith sent to me to prepare mine. Good luck!
Prepare the statement of Purpose:
Paragraph one: Clearly describe educational history, grades, subjects, specializations, areas where you excelled.
Paragraph two: Clearly explain why you wish to pursue this course
Paragraph three: Clearly explain how the chosen course relates to past education. A change of stream of study should be clearly explained as this is a popular reason for visa refusal. If qualifications you have completed in your home country are similar to the course being applied for you must clearly explain the reason for the repetition. For example, you can refer to the international recognition of the qualification, lack of practical or experiential learning or different subject specializations as the reason for the repetition.
Paragraph four: Clearly explain why you have chosen Griffith College.
Paragraph five: Clearly explain why you have chosen Ireland, and specifically Dublin, Cork or Limerick as a study destination.
Paragraph six: Clearly explain the need to do the study course in Ireland. This is another frequent reason for visa refusal so this needs to be clearly defined and elaborated on. Reasons like the vibrant IT sector and multinational base, experiential learning should perhaps be mentioned and intelligent reference should be made to specific course content and how it is superior to a similar course in your home country.
Paragraph seven: All gaps in education MUST be clearly explained, if time has been taken out for work or because of illness or bereavement the work reference letter, doctor’s certificate or death certificate should be included.
Paragraph eight: This is by far the most important paragraph, where you must clearly explain their future aspirations and that you will be returning home after your studies. Reasons like family business, marriage commitments, the oldest child or only son or the booming economy in the home country or an offer from a future employer should be detailed in this section. If a job offer is given as a reason for returning home, you should then include the job offer letter with full contact details of the manager. The contact details must be a land line, not a mobile and the company should have a website that visa officers can access.
legionnaire:
Please guys where can I find the format for the Irish study visa Statement of Purpose?

Please house, I appreciate response. Thanks a lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Tolu1411:
Thank you! So I don’t have to go to VFS anymore?Do I also need to submit photocopies with the documents or just the originals?

You're to submit photocopies too. Put in different envelopes and label them properly.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I have been a silent reader on this forum. Most of the posts I see here are for study visas. Actually my wife is a nurse and got an employment with one of the biggest private hospital in Ireland after obtaining her nursing PIN. The hospital got her a critical skills employment permit which enables her to apply for visa with her family immediately, which we did on the 24th of July 2019. My wife's application was for employment while that of me and our four kids were for join family. My wife's visa has been issued and she traveled to Dublin to resume work but the embassy is yet to release ours. They said the application is undergoing some checks and next four days makes it 3 months whereas they said visa application will take about 8 weeks. Our application is being processed at Abuja Embassy.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tolu1411: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Vfs? And how many copies please?
phychem:

You're to submit photocopies too. Put in different envelopes and label them properly.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by legionnaire(m): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
Tolu1411:
You can make use of this. Griffith sent to me to prepare mine. Good luck!
Prepare the statement of Purpose:
Paragraph one: Clearly describe educational history, grades, subjects, specializations, areas where you excelled.

Thanks boss
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by EddyNumerouno(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
CastedDude:
Run away to where? It's not about Griffith. I am currently studying at the University of Limerick and I can tell u it's the same. U have to always study plus loads of assignments. Anyway, that is why it is called Masters and it's what brought me here... so no complaints

Hello, I’ve been offered provisional admission to UL in September 2020. How is the town in terms of student jobs? Also, is Limerick a rural town? Don’t mind my questions but help a brother clear all doubts
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
My brother your story is touching...

Do not marry because of sentiment that will be your worst mistakes ever... but if you think you love her enough to settle down with her just go ahead.. Bible says he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord.
Your are very intelligent.. I will suggest you go for PHD and am optimistic you must get a good job there after.

Goodluck!!!!!

Bjrokenhear003:
hi guys

Been a long time

i am indeed tired

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abeg my Noble people..... How long do you book hotel accommodation for visa application.

Please I need this question urgently.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
Please how do they find out

CastedDude:
Yes, working more than 20 hours a week during school period is a reason for refusal of visa renewal. This is clearly stated on their website. I don't know why some people think they are smarter than the system. A student's primary aim in Ireland is to study not to work, and once the person works more than expected, then it is assumed that he or she is not a genuine student. Some Nigerians think the authorities won't notice if they work more than 20 hours a week, which is a big fallacy. You can work up to 40 hours a week during holidays but not when school is in session. We should learn to abide by simple rules.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Please tell us more oooooooooooooooooo

Why did you say that

Bjrokenhear003:

Griffith College the most useless college i have seen. Dont be deceived by them advertisment, how i passed was through experience
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Or you can even apply for PHD there .. with your M.Sc it will be very for you to gain admission and visa

Bjrokenhear003:

I don't know about Canada migration but are u sure it won't cost money because I can't afford to spend more funds atm on migrations to work factory or warehouse related jobs
Thanks a lot, i will google about it,
but if you have any related material I can read on it online, kindly paste it here

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
You answer am well. But with God and some hardwork, it will end in praise

CastedDude:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Congratulations on your 1st Class @Bjrokenhear003

And just to add...you can also apply for PhD in Ireland and on eures site. Might find grace to get a paid PhD. You Can also apply for Irish Research Scholarship. PhD years count towards one citizenship. Don't give up bro. You will surely win!

Chibabe4Christ:
Or you can even apply for PHD there .. with your M.Sc it will be very for you to gain admission and visa

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
EddyNumerouno:

Hello, I’ve been offered provisional admission to UL in September 2020. How is the town in terms of student jobs? Also, is Limerick a rural town? Don’t mind my questions but help a brother clear all doubts

University of Limerick is okay compared to Griffith

First of all the town limerick is quite comfortable and not the hectic of Dublin life, Limerick is affordable in terms of housing compared to Dublin that 2 people will be in a room and paying 560 euros each monthly aside electricity. so how can you concentrate fully on school when bills are at your side.

UL in terms of education, i guess its not a private school which means they aren't out for profit. In Griffith it is pure profit, i had one friend who wrote a paoer and they claimed she failed, she had to force them to present her script and she calculated the marks, it was 51 but was scored 39.

The profit part also comes to play when a college like Griffith will grant an individual with no IT background to study Computer science, isnt that wickedness, that said individual will struggle to pass. It will now become very difficult to graduate. The sad part of it is on their website they said only 35 to 40 people will be in a classroom. To your surprise, it is above 75, how will they be proper engagement with the lecturer.

The last part is the college doesn't care, some people come to college on Saturdays, during my time i came to college first semester Monday - Friday and some days Saturdays. Is that proper, changing timetables and classrooms. Even the lecturers complain bitterly.

My last 3 paragraph spoke more on the standard of education, is it like that in UL. My friend in DIT have classes twice weekly, isn't that's how a masters program should be run. WE no longer undergraduates

I can go on and on
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
vkyburnz:
Congratulations on your 1st Class @Bjrokenhear003

And just to add...you can also apply for PhD in Ireland and on eures site. Might find grace to get a paid PhD. You Can also apply for Irish Research Scholarship. PhD years count towards one citizenship. Don't give up bro. You will surely win!

Thanks for your contribution, my brother. With PhD you get stamp 4 on completion which is so true. My last certificate in education is my ACCA, my mates are counting money and i should still be in education. Its not done like that. This degree i have acquired, I need to make use of it to get my initial investment, not rushing for another one. Them no born me to read and die lol

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by gurlnext2u: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Good afternoon everyone. Please has anyone been able to renew his/her stamp 1G for the second year successfully?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Chibabe4Christ:
Please how do they find out

Your PPS number is registered on the system. However what happens most time is that they check

1. Your cumulative annual hours
2. Your income shouldn't be more than 13-16k as a student
3. Your weekly hours
4. Your attendance at college

It all depends on the Gardi issuing the GNIB as that day
some don't even check while some check your transcript

What matters is don't try and fail masters or any course at all.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
vkyburnz:
You answer am well. But with God and some hardwork, it will end in praise

Not working hard is the solution. Work smart.
Chibabe4Christ:
Abeg my Noble people..... How long do you book hotel accommodation for visa application.

Tell the college or Uni, they will sned you accomodation details, that was what they did during my time. Best of Luck

Chibabe4Christ:
My brother your story is touching...

Do not marry because of sentiment that will be your worst mistakes ever... but if you think you love her enough to settle down with her just go ahead.. Bible says he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord.
Your are very intelligent.. I will suggest you go for PHD and am optimistic you must get a good job there after.

Goodluck!!!!!

I am not intelligent, I am just smart and know how to balance life and pleasure, lastly, I don't delve into areas i don't know, i have basic knowledge of accounting from a young age.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
gurlnext2u:
Good afternoon everyone. Please has anyone been able to renew his/her stamp 1G for the second year successfully?

I havent seen but once you have the 1G and the renewal, you need to convince the Immigration Officer that you have tried to look for a job in your majors and couldn't find. You need proof which can be in the form of

1. Rejections from Different companies
2. Emails for an application

not limited to the above but just a suggestion

Im just praying to God that i will see something as soon as possible before depression kicks in
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
PLEASE I NEED AN URGENT ANSWER ON THIS PLEASE

Chibabe4Christ:

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.