Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate (33382 Views)

Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / Unemployed Graduate Returns N556k He Picked At Accident Scene 2 Owner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by lelvin(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
Okay
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by birdsview(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
I have been there so I can relate to all op is saying..I almost lost my mind.my self esteem was at record low.but I thank God now..To every unemployed young person out there. Never give up..continue striving...your job will come when you least expect

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by bobolizim(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
We all need skills. What can we do aside our paper certificate ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Gotze1: 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
tessygirl:

Believe is the language of lazy people.

Don't call me insensitive, I passed through worse!!
How do you know lazy people? I guess yahoo is hard work to you.

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by blackpanda: 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Many of ur youth are the architect of their own problem. They are practically unemployable with zero skills. After blocking and cramming thru university, they pass out with wonderful degrees but zero experience or skills

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by joenor(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
Na small thing self dey bring anger if you nor get job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Josh44s(m): 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
L3G3ND:
this is so true. .. lately My fear of graduating becomes deeper and deeper. ..

You beta make plans to run away from this _shithole of a country if you know you have no one to connect you with a good job cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Ladyjumong(f): 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
hmmmn, Such is life.
it is well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Chidonc(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
school a place where u waste half of ur life just to be taught how to waste the other half, anytime I hear educated peeps crying been jobless, I do as them, how has those guys living decently in ur hood been surviving without a degree, if u can answer this question genuinely, u will stop been jobless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by miniziter(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
Don't even know where to start from as a fresh graduate. Sometimes when I reminisce the whole struggle of becoming a graduate, I feel like what the Bleep!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by noscarn91(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
blackbeau1:
You captured my feelings at the moment . Life as Ann unemployed graduate is mentally exhausting and frustrating
How can a beautiful girl like you be unemployed, what did u study?
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Josh44s(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
blackpanda:
Many of ur youth are the architect of their own problem. They are practically unemployable with zero skills. After blocking and cramming thru university, they pass out with wonderful degrees but zero experience or skills

Stop posting rubbish if you have nothing sensible to say plz. Even the most brilliant graduate has to undergo on the job training as a fresher.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Josh44s(m): 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
noscarn91:

How can a beautiful girl like you be unemployed, what did u study?

Bros am a handsome guy o and I studied Accounting. grin

7 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by miniziter(m): 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
birdsview:
I have been there so I can relate to all op is saying..I almost lost my mind.my self esteem was at record low.but I thank God now..To every unemployed young person out there. Never give up..continue striving...your job will come when you least expect

Remember to put "better" before the "job". Just wondering how much should one least expect from that better job self?

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Josh44s(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Raintaker:
No be me na Op I answer for.

Lmfao cheesy. You wan use laugh kill me I swear

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Adeyinka12(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
Op just said the problem I'm facing currently , the worst are the labours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Sectis(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
My story too oooo, urs is even 2:1.. .. . Mine is 2:2 jare e no get as b we go make am last last. God punished joblessness in our life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by rozayx5(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
if your unemployed , visit my blog

and learn how to make a living with small capital

from binary trading to coin investments

free training

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Josh44s(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
blackpanda:

U are part of the frustrated jobless youth with zero skills i am talking about. Na 9years u go tey for house grin

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Abeg nor use laugh finish me. I don't have skills bro, I have employees

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by yaki84: 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
tessygirl:

I have never seen any hardworking person lose before.
Maybe they never got to the top, but they were comfortable.
those truckpushers r they hardworking?

4 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Chommieblaq(f): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
tessygirl:
I will be dropping this article soon.

The issue I don't feel much pity about stories like this is because, you know what you can do to change your fortunes, but you keep hoping for a miracle!!

It doesn't exist!!!

Preparation meets with Opportunity, Success is bred!!

If I ask you what kind of job would you want, I guess your answer would be "Any Job"

Read this and learn!!

Nigerian Unemployed Graduates – Any hope in the Job Market?

I'm as much as I want to applaud what you wrote, naaah I won't, you know why, everyone have different story.

Do you know why some Graduate say they want any job?
Nigeria is not a place you select job, most people just want to eat, a job to feed themselves.
I know this's the era of ict and stuffs, but do you know that some ppl can even afford to eat three square meal talkmore of paying for the training.
Some of these graduate have many responsibilities, each money that enters their hand, just goes off like that; they pay for this and that, some are the bread winners in their family.

For some of them, it's not as if they are lazy or that they don't hustle (make wetin pass person no ever meet am). Of course I know some are just lazy, waiting for manna to fall from heaven.

My dear before you conclude, just know that we all have different stories.
Even the skill and entrepreneur, na money person dey take start am.
birdsview:

Not just mind loosing, then you will understand that depression is real, then low self esteem will kick in.
The watch word is never give up, just keep believing and working on yourself.

10 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by fuckpro: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
Aeker:
Life as an unemployed graduate isn't always easy. Sometimes, things get so tough that you begin to wonder if you wronged the gods, somehow.

Most times, your life can be summed up in one word: frustrating.

Your ability to achieve a mental balance gets challenged each day.
Once thought like you untill I met a undergraduate who could give 2 million naira without winking the thing is he got it through legitimate skill and just 3 weeks ago he got an office floor and has some people he is mentoring/employing,see go and learn how to ..... It will pay you

As soon as you get a moment to forget the struggles of life, that friend with whom it seemed like you had become partners in the labour market calls in to tell you how he's managed to secure a well-paying job.

"Ahhh. So my own case is the handiwork of my village people, as feared?!"

"But I thought my destiny and EMX's are tied together nah!"

Then you remember, that other members of your clique like Emeka, Roland, Wale, Aliyu, Emike, and Daniella have all secured jobs since the turn of the year.

Immediately, you look up to the sky (or ceiling in most cases; sometimes stepping outside the house may seem like a privilege) and question God in a Balotelli-esque fashion: "why always me?!"

You begin to feel alienated by success. Emotions begin to pour. But regardless of your reaction, that's not an easy question to answer.

Life gets you to suffer humiliation and hardships of being considered not good enough for any job at all. All the questions that went unanswered, the advances that were met with a stern, unwelcoming attitude at different offices... or is it the people debating issues of whether to turn you to an errand boy so you could earn some 200 bucks for recharge card or just leave you be (to suffer in silence). "Imagine! People wey no reach to even lace my shoes before."

On the home front, some of your siblings' chores become your duty. Why? Because you are not much use in the house. For every meal you eat, every time you go to bed, each time you sit idly, parents want you tasked.

Your value continues to drop on a per-second basis. It feels like nobody cares about you for anything. You grow anxious and frustrated with life. Your happiness is about to be taken away from you by unseen forces.

"But this no be the plan we been plan from the start!" Soon after that thought, you see an advert on TV reminding you that life doesn't always go according to plan. Or is it the pastor in Church reminding you that everything in life is God's design? How then am I supposed to relate to God not wanting me to succeed? You begin to question your belief in God. "Is there even a god?!"

But all of that is not you. It's frustration playing out. So many times, you feel like a lost soul in a human body. Trapped and without help. You're not sure when redemption will come, or if it will come at all.

Carefully redesigning a CV that never gets more than a glance. Your life is no longer filled with fun an excitement. Grief, self-pity, and anger are gradually taking over.

"What a sorry soul!" No money for business, no means to learn a skill or two, and no jobs to keep you busy. Life can't get any worse.

But what can you do in all of these?

You continue to reinvent, hoping that someday, your salvation will come. All that 2.1 from a reputable university doesn't feel so important anymore. Set all of that aside, believing that only grace can rescue you now.

This is my life. I am Aeker.

Things are HARD!

Please help a broke soul.
...My friend go and learn a well sought for skill and stop all this 1980-1990 " l tender my application mentality" even school cert and undergraduate are making it and employing others

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Ramanto(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
tessygirl:

Believe is the language of lazy people.
Don't call me insensitive, I passed through worse!!
I'm just thinking you are a bit arrogant. I don't know if i'm right though

4 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Wealth7(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
tessygirl:

I have never seen any hardworking person lose before.

Maybe they never got to the top, but they were comfortable.

I won't go to far in giving scenarios, take a look at the hawkers on the streets who stand in sun from am-pm just to make a living. Some are graduates u know??,while in dis same life u find some illetrate in some office turning 50k -50million with pen. Honestly, I wouldn't wanna argue on these things buh trust me life is a game of dice. The lucky ones get double 6 while d unlucky ones get double 1.Pray to b on the lucky side.

That some people made it through hard work dosent mean others are lazy too.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by tessygirl(f): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
yaki84:

those truckpushers r they hardworking?
He is living good by his own level.

You don't sow beans and reap corn!

He learn't how to push truck, do you expect him to become a Range rover driver?

Meanwhile, he might be getting more daily income than some graduates at home waiting for manna to fall from up.

What sayest thou?

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by ETEYEN79(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nice story my brother, but believe in this "Not all who got jobs immediately after graduation will still be in doing well at old age" when they will be in dare needs of almost every help, may be soon you will get a job that will keep you going throughout your life time and your wealth may even be transferred to your next generation, keep praying and believing.
It is well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by tessygirl(f): 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wealth7:

I won't go to far in giving scenarios, take a look at the hackers on the streets who stand in sun from am-pm just to make a living. Some are graduates u know??,while in dis same life u find some illetrate in some office turning 50k -50million with pen. Honestly, I wouldn't wanna argue on these things buh trust me life is a game of dice. The lucky ones get double 6 while d unlucky ones get double 1.Pray to b on the lucky side.

That some people made it through hard work dosent mean others are lazy too.

The Graduate hawkers learn't how to hawk, so they are hawking.

I know a graduate who learn't how to repair, maintain systems at computer village after school.

He now has his own shop with boys doing his business for him now.

What is the difference?

Till we drop the 1998 mentality of searching for jobs without acquiring skills to aid our hustle, we will be at the mercy of employers and the GOVT.

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Josh44s(m): 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
silasweb:
Government have to do something fast

Which government ? The walking Corpse flying to Obodo Oyibo every week or the ones stealing from National purse every second of the day? Abeg tell us which government are you taking about because we nor understand.

5 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by ibukun147(m): 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Bro...we are both in it ooo]

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by tessygirl(f): 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ramanto:

I'm just thinking you are a bit arrogant. I don't know if i'm right though

You are wrong dear.

I have suffered, and till i started being receptive to ideas and took life by force, nothing was coming forth!

5 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by yaki84: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
tessygirl:

He is living good by his own level.

You don't sow beans and reap corn!

He learn't how to push truck, do you expect him to become a Range rover driver?

Meanwhile, he might be getting more daily income than some graduates at home waiting for manna to fall from up.

What sayest thou?
r u still asking, after this hurricane mayweather u dropped?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? / Ideas About PZ Cussons Aptitude Test / INEC 2023 Election Adhoc Staff Recruitment Deployment And Availability Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.