Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,705 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12435 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by emisun(m): 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
as a muslim i respect other religious views and therefore wouldn't support the misrepresentation of any other religion.what if we Muslims decide to produce a movie depicting jesus as polygamous man how would you feel.certainly the fanatics wouldn't talk but the true Christians would certainly be against it.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by teskyg: 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
Those goats, They only language they understand is killing and blood shedding.I wonder why a normal human being will practice such a religion.They are always quick to say Islam means peace.The question i asked myself is which of the Islam?The one that encourages their followers to kill with ease or another Islam i have not heard of.

Law enforcement Agents are still folding their arms in Ibadan watching that goat issuing treath.He should be arrested and shot at the back.Such animals are only fit to be six feet below,

Vigins dey caused wahala oh,
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
emisun:

as a muslim i respect other religious views and therefore wouldn't support the misrepresentation of any other religion.what if we Muslims decide to produce a movie depicting jesus as polygamous man how would you feel.certainly the fanatics wouldn't talk but the true Christians would certainly be against it.  

True christians? There are no fake christians, its up to God to judge not any other person. Label Jesus what ever you want who cares, its against the bible to kill people PERIOD even if its over whatever some clowns call Jesus.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by teskyg: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2010

Fool, better change religion, havent you happily watch Da Vinci code,Angels and Demons and other Christians depicting movies, what was our reaction?Common Cartoon for Denmark make una dey kill people for Naija. u guys are so daft, goat brain, its a shame
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Olayinkaoj(m): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
I cant see it coming anyway. We in the South West cant go into inter-religious crisis. I would not doubt clashes between Yorubas and Hausas but not Yoruba Christians with Yoruba Muslims, The Muslims here are not that terrible.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by jessefly: 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
teskyg:

Fool, better change religion, havent you happily watch Da Vinci code,Angels and Demons and other Christians depicting movies, what was our reaction?Common Cartoon for Denmark make una dey kill people for Naija. u guys are so daft, goat brain, its a shame

gbam as in needs no further analysis, we xtians r peace loving so if u like label Jesus anyway u like but for people like me i feel xyianty puts so much emphasis on the new testament , hello there is an old testament where xtians dey treat any f up, dats why i love em jews arabs ass kicking dudes gbam
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by deb(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2010

I cannot count how many movies, jokes or whatever that had been used to insult Christians, it is only when something relates to Muslims that you get wahala.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sirt1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2010
Like I do tell pple, Islam is,  in no way, religion of peace, far from it. An average muslim man is aggressive. If u don't believe me, just try to come up with any argument that involves muslim and see the way they will react. I think it is their nature. The only language they understood is VIOLENT.

I av never seen christian preaching against Islam as the Muslims do. I av seen stickers by Muslims that reads " [b][b][b][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]IF YOUR JESUS IS CRUCIFIED, TRY ALLAH"[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/b][/b][/b] Can xtians do this without wahala? Islam is for Violence!!!. My pple beware. This should not caught us unaware. Remember, wisdom is profiteth to direct.

For pple saying it can not happen, pls don't underestimate the threat. These animals can do anything wen it comes to fighting for Allah. Govt should be at alert and security beef up. Don't forget, Ibadan has handful of Hausas/Fulani and they will not hesitate to cause havoc so that it will be on record that there has been religious crisis in the south.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by honeric01(m): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
Na bad blood dey cause am
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
sir t:

Like I do tell pple, Islam is,  in no way, religion of peace, far from it. An average muslim man is aggressive. If u don't believe me, just try to come up with any argument that involves muslim and see the way they will react. I think it is their nature. The only language they understood is VIOLENT.

I av never seen christian preaching against Islam as the Muslims do. I av seen stickers by Muslims that reads " [b][b][b][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]IF YOUR JESUS IS CRUCIFIED, TRY ALLAH"[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/b][/b][/b] Can xtians do this without wahala? Islam is for Violence!!!. My pple beware. This should not caught us unaware. Remember, wisdom is profiteth to direct.

For pple saying it can not happen, pls don't underestimate the threat. These animals can do anything wen it comes to fighting for Allah. Govt should be at alert and security beef up. Don't forget, Ibadan has handful of Hausas/Fulani and they will not hesitate to cause havoc so that it will be on record that there has been religious crisis in the south.

That is not a nice statement u know?
God created us all and said, it was good, so calling creation of God, an animal, i am sure God will frown at that.
I do understand that people are frustrated and angry, but a real Christian knows that all these are not done by the people, but a spirit that is causing confusion.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is not a nice statement u know?
God created us all and said, it was good, [size=16pt]so calling creation of God, an animal, i am sure God will frown at that[/size].
I do understand that people are frustrated and angry, but a real Christian knows that all these are not done by the people, but a spirit that is causing confusion.

God created animals too na, so I don't think He will frown as such tongue cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
Busy_body:

God created animals too na tongue tongue tongue

True that, but not in the image of God . . . Sister. grin
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ Was just pulling yur legs Bro, and trying to lighten the mood grin

But this story better not be true oh embarassed
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^ Was just pulling yur legs Bro, and trying to lighten the mood grin

But this story better not be true oh embarassed

I know you were just puling my legs, and i was just playing along.
I hope the story is not true as well, cos Nigeria cant afford such at the moment nor even ever
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ For the first time in a looooog time, the Jos conflict was shown in the news on BBC, now this, o ga o, as if the Mutallab one was not enough. Us Nigerians don't like ourselves at all, always lurching from one conflict to another undecided undecided undecided
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^ For the first time in a looooog time, the Jos conflict was shown in the news on BBC, now this, o ga o, as if the Mutallab one was not enough undecided undecided undecided

I just hope the govt will do something real quick, cos all these things could have been prevented.
And it is terrible for our economy
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ God must really love us, to have kept us together this long, despite all the suffering in that Country embarassed
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^ God must really love us, to have kept us together this long, despite all the suffering in that Country embarassed

That is what i tell people on a daily basis, cos too much has happened and yet we are still bros and sis.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bibiking1(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
Bloody morons feel so inferior that whenever any form of playful article about their religion pops up they go on a rampage killing innocent people!
What if Muhammed was a retard? Would you shoot me for that too? I have grown so irritable to these low-level illiterates!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Richtronix(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
Arrest the idiot and try him for inciting religious hatred.  angry

This is what happens when faith becomes fanaticism. Its also the reason why most western cultures see organised religion as a backward step when instead of mooting solutions to common and pressing problems, all we are concerned about is petty upmanship, murder and hatred in the name of religion.

Who says God cannot fight his own battles?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by masido(f): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
@sjeezy8,true talk,

@lannre, go preach to your muslim brothers, xtians dont just wakeup and decide to kill helpless women and children in the night.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
Richtronix:

Arrest the idiot and try him for inciting religious hatred.  angry

This is what happens when faith becomes fanaticism. Its also the reason why most western cultures see organised religion as a backward step when instead of mooting solutions to common and pressing problems, all we are concerned about is petty upmanship, murder and hatred in the name of religion.

Who says God cannot fight his own battles?

God never even told anyone to fight for him. . . . . Vengeance is mine . . .sayeth the Lord
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Richtronix(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
Thats my point Fhemmy, Nigerians especially should deal with our own problems first before adding those of religion/sectarianism. There are a thousand and one more pressing issues than stirring up hatred in different parts of the country. wink
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
sir t:

For you to come up with this kind of statement shows that you are intellectually bereaved. Consider yourself lucky because I am not Al-Qaeda, otherwise, In school, we were taught "Religious Tolerance" so we can tolerate one another. I think we are not learning from the past. We cannot reason alike. Some words are better left unspoken. The movie (alfa sule) is a big hit no doubt, but remember the riot in the north that was caused by the thisday reporter about the miss world beauty contest in Nigeria. Why can't we allow the sleeping dog to lie? for how long are we going to continue to like this?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
Richtronix:

Thats my point Fhemmy, Nigerians especially should deal with our own problems first before adding those of religion/sectarianism. There are a thousand and one more pressing issues than stirring up hatred in different parts of the country. wink

I just think it is sad and pathetic that at a time when many cant find a job, many are losing their homes and i am sure some of the people that did all these nonsense, their kids are hungry and yet they wanna fight a battle that was not needed.
i just think people needs to refocus on what matters.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by lanres1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
deb:

I cannot count how many movies, jokes or whatever that had been used to insult Christians, it is only when something relates to Muslims that you get wahala.

For you to come up with this kind of statement shows that you are intellectually bereaved. Consider yourself lucky because I am not Al-Qaeda, otherwise, In school, we were taught "Religious Tolerance" so we can tolerate one another. I think we are not learning from the past. We cannot reason alike. Some words are better left unspoken. The movie (alfa sule) is a big hit no doubt, but remember the riot in the north that was caused by the thisday reporter about the miss world beauty contest in Nigeria. Why can't we allow the sleeping dog to lie? for how long are we going to continue to like this?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by deb(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
The crisis in Jos is organised. Trust me Al Qaeda is in Nigeria and they are using their brothers to foment trouble.
They are about to make their move to the south starting from Ibadan and they feel a Christian comedy is enough excuse to
operate in disguise. Nigeria is indeed a terrorist state else how can you fathom the death of over 500people, mostly
children and women, machetted in cold blood just one night? How terrorizing could any state be?
Bomb blast sometimes don't kill that much
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Busybody2(f): 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ Hmmn, food for thought lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
deb:

The crisis in Jos is organised. Trust me Al Qaeda is in Nigeria and they are using their brothers to foment trouble.
They are about to make their move to the south starting from Ibadan and they feel a Christian comedy is enough excuse to
operate in disguise. Nigeria is indeed a terrorist state else how can you fathom the death of over 500people, mostly
children and women, machetted in cold blood just one night? How terrorizing could any state be?

Bomb blast sometimes don't kill that much

So i guess American were right to have included Nigeria on a terror watch
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Suhaibu(m): 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
Am Sohyb, Muslim and Hausa and am for peace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQmwXLukjQY
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by deb(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

So i guess American were right to have included Nigeria on a terror watch

Believe Nigeria has been a terror before now. It was only after US put us on the terrorist lit that our government
started 'acting' seriously' against all the terrorist acts that he (govt) had been non-challant about.
We a lot of irresponsible leaders and don't forget that a lot of them are also Muslims so it easy to get away killing
in the name of 'allah'
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
deb:

Believe Nigeria has been a terror before now. It was only after US put us on the terrorist lit that our government
started 'acting' seriously' against all the terrorist acts that he (govt) had been non-challant about.
We a lot of irresponsible leaders and don't forget that a lot of them are also Muslims so it easy to get away killing
in the name of 'allah'

Na wa oh . . . just hope there will be a way forward in all these

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: Presidency Queries Fashola Over Lagos Crowd / Osinbajo, Kachikwu, Baru Meet Inside Aso Rock / Killings: Gowon Wants Buhari To Deal With Culprits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.