Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (68955 Views)

DJ Switch Slams Pastor Adeboye / Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by rosalieene(f): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....
kpele..... the mode of worship is different.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by rayobaba(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.
branches or members, which one matters. Catholic has largest members from d day of old till now.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by chuks432: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
I see no sense in having numerous branches in close proximity. Isn't it better to collapse them all into one big entity?? Anyways, we all know they know what they're doing. lt's a calculated move

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by rayobaba(m): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amarabae:
the number of worshippers in one catholic parish is equaivalent to that of 15 Redeemed church branches combined.
please tell him again.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by rosalieene(f): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lomprico2:

Catholics only official collection is the offering, other collection are with 'abeg' if u get put if u no get no wahala. They dont threaten u with hell and poverty if u dont put any offering.

on point

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by rosalieene(f): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lomprico2:

Catholics only official collection is the offering, other collection are with 'abeg' if u get put if u no get no wahala. They dont threaten u with hell and poverty if u dont put any offering.

on point !!

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
U said the truth sir, churches everywhere evil everywhere too, Nigeria is just a religious country,

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by rayobaba(m): 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
What is the economic benefit of having numerous churches on the street when social vices has not come down with the proliferation of those churches. I'm a Redeemer but I'm tired of planting churches everywhere instead of building cottage industries.
honestly, they dont know that industries creates employments which in turn will reduce crime than churches will do

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Many of these pastors are not wise. The more branches you open, the more things get out of control. You will be there at the headquarter while the small small branches are busy doing their own stuff. God will whip them & their gullible flocks mercilessly on the last day

Was this not the same church that ask their members to invest in the ponzi scheme MMM? These are one of the social gathering church I talked about on my other posts. The catholic guy is so on point

5 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:
Ooops! Redeem now have more branches than the Catholic church and someone is not happy about it. It's all a battle for more customers (members) and nothing else.

Whether you attend RCCG or Catholic, you are going to get extorted and exploited. God belongs to no denomination or religion, we should start ripping apart all these deceitful money making organisation that gives false hope preaches hate and fear.
u said d truth,
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by gebest: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
Amarabae:
We are now more religious than the people who brought christianity to us.
that's because we ve tasted Jesus and discover he is sweet.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by dtrend(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=Mujaheeeden post=61225338] What is the economic benefit of having numerous churches on the street when social vices has not come down with the proliferation of those churches. I'm a Redeemer but I'm tired of planting churches everywhere instead of building cottage industries.

you are a redeemed......
God is the Redeemer
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=eee777 post=61234339]Many of these pastors are not wise. The more branches you open, the more things get out of control. You will be there at the headquarter while the small small branches are busy doing their own stuff. God will whip them & their gullible flocks mercilessly on the last day

Was this not the same church that ask their members to invest in the ponzi scheme MMM? These are one of the social gathering church I talked about on my other posts. The catholic tguy is so on point[/quoteon point

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ezionye:
Hmmm
I don't comment on religious issues sha
thumps up! I like that
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by tommysparks: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2017
judedwriter:

Yes, but not completely. The word "Christ" means "anointed one" the word christian really then means "anointed with/by Christ."
It is the anointing or the Holy Spirit that enables you live like Christ did.
Christ does not mean anointed one but Christ means Messiah meaning saviour in English. The Jews where expecting a Messiah and not an anointed person
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by pweetiedee(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
gare:

Cardinal why are you so bitter? Has he come to ask you for money, why don't you just mind your ministry and allow us build our church, that is the man's vision, ok tell your vision ? From what I see your own vision is to fight men of God.

Please let them be, I beg you

Our church
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by wink2015(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Dear Pastor Adeboye,

The youth of Nigeria needs industries to work and not multiplicity or proliferation of churchs which RCCG is promoting.

Many land spaces that would have been used to set up factories eg biscuit factories, soap factories, toiletries industries, wine industry and other confectionaries that will generate employment is now been occupied and used mainly by penticostal churches.

How many jobs can penticostal churches create.

Infact, it is not too proper for churches to be involved in commerce and money making ventures. But that is now the big pre-occupation of many penticostal churches such as WINNERS CHURCH, RCCG, Church of God Mission, Word of Life Bible Church, the rest of them.

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by pweetiedee(m): 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:

Calm down. It is possible for RCCG to have as many branches as the Catholic Church. Don't forget that for many years, the Catholic church did not embrace church planting as fas as the pentecostal churches did. In my area for example, there is just one Catholic church serving a population of over 20,000 people in one estate. But in comparison over 7 RCCG churches also exist within the same estate. Now, who do you think would have the greater number of worshippers?

Don't mind him.

Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Baptist don't build churches anyhow.

I know only two Catholic churches in my town. And few Anglican churches.

There are two redeem churches in my street alone.

the street where I lived during NYSC. There are five redeem churches there (very small buildings). One Anglican, One catholic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by lionson(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cardinal, I feel you're the one making a useless statement here.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by SmartchoiceNGR: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:

See paadi lonlo ni abi semeesi micheali mimo?
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Comkash: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
Last time I attended a Catholic church, I slept off. I cannot even remember the title of the sermon, or the name of the vicar. But the day I attended RCCG I not only danced all through, I still remember the topic of the sermon and its entire contents, as well as the 7 warfare prayer points, we prayed on that day. Meanwhile, I attended the RCCG service, two months before the one in the Catholic church....
That is because the Catholic Church Celebration is Solemn while the one you enter and could not forget was partylike celebration

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by suremanpatriot: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
Okogie cannot tell God what to do, God said we should go into the world and spread the good news year in year out. And Adeboye is leading so by planting churches. If Okogie wants to obey God too let him plant churches that are not biz centres. Church stewardship and fund accountability should be the topic here. You cannot use few Judas churches to judge the entire church with a bid to halt God ordinance on church planting.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by middlebelter(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
It is statements like this one made by Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie that causes disaffection within Christiandom. Why can't the man just mind his own business by focusing on his Catholic ministry? Must he criticize RCCG, what is he trying to achieve? Can't he see that RCCG's calling is different from Catholic's? What is bad in having churches within the walking distance of members, and what correlation has that got to do with traffic, with or without the churches, the number of vehicles on our roads will remain on the roads. If the old man is angry with the strategy of RCCG, then he should perhaps be bold enough to criticise the Muslims for setting up mosque everywhere (especially in government offices) and see how the Muslims will react.
For the record, I am not a member of RCCG neither am I planning to be one but continual attack on other Christian bodies' mode of operation that is not impacting the society negatively is unacceptable. Also, that there is moral decadence in the society shouldn't be blamed on a particular denomination's strategy, it is a collective responsibility. Moreso, it is one thing to preach the gospel, and it is another thing for members to imbibe the teaching in their individual life. If you call churches business centre as a clergy, perhaps we shouldn't look far.
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by TrumpDonald2: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:

Really? So they have more customers than Redeem, that's interesting. Tell me more, why is your cardinal so scared right now? grin grin grin

Scared?! Scared of what? So you are happy with the nuisance you constitute in the name of church branches? When something becomes so common, its value diminishes. I'm even upset he has to call him to order. Let him open 4 branches on each street and keep making caricature of his church. Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Empredboy(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:
you are the type Jesus said in Mathew 15:8. Mathew 13:15
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by An2elect2(f): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
Paperwhite:
Two conmen trying desperately to outdo each other. embarassed
Lol This is what most ain't seeing
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by brojoshua: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
If post is true then I will say that two beasts or slaves in the house of another man are fighting over the house of the One both do not know. One beast condemning another. They both left the house of their own father and came into the house of another man whom they neither know nor have any portion and are fighting over another man's house.
One because of unbelief or false faith in the Lord Jesus had a wrong idea about what the church of Christ is but set before himself a carnal and worldly goal about the church of Christ and started burning a false church and its false churches all around, his own business centers, as the 2nd beast rightly named them, his own kingdom of heaven on the earth, from which to make plenty of money, and that is all he has eternally - temporary and perishable gold, but has no portion in the kingdom of our God. The first beast is more ravenous than the second one for the first one love money more than the second, but both are mockers and beasts sitting on much waters. Woe unto both sons of perdition, for them is reserved the blackness of darkness forever
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Empredboy(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
Vivere:

Calm down. It is possible for RCCG to have as many branches as the Catholic Church. Don't forget that for many years, the Catholic church did not embrace church planting as fas as the pentecostal churches did. In my area for example, there is just one Catholic church serving a population of over 20,000 people in one estate. But in comparison over 7 RCCG churches also exist within the same estate. Now, who do you think would have the greater number of worshippers?
my friend rccg can't be like Catholic in every aspect.
The catholic has an average population in each parish of 10000. If rccg in your area is 7, can their population be up to 10000 combine?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Alanzazani: 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
With all the churches littered everywhere there is so much hate, crime, wickedness and evil in Nigeria. The men of God have forgotten the real message Christ came to spread. They preach the gospel of prosperity and not salvation. Jesus said it. Many will call His name but are not of him. I can't understand Redeem anyway. I think they are business centres. In my estate on the same street there are two redeem churches

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by Mujaheeeden: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
seunmsg:

You should take this up with your pastor/ daddy G.O and not me.
You are a muslim but you are on a Christian thread trying to spew nonsense.

Cc Seun
Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by khristal87(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2017
I wnt to write a book on""how religion influences corruption in Nigeria"", i need encouragement pls.....

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere by kaydp: 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
HermajestyQ:
With the numbers of churches (and other religious places of worship) we have in Nigeria; corruption, poverty, unemployment etc still walks on our streets. when a factory closes down, it is turned into a church and people rejoice! Will that church employ all the persons that the factory laid off. What we need in Nigeria as a nation are more industries and not religious houses. Japan and South Korea are basically atheists, less corrupt, got better morals than the religious Nigeria.
On point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions / Lagos Pastor Heals Mad Man On The Street (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.