Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,223 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) (13304 Views)

Na This Kind Relationship I Need Now (photos) / Dating/Relationship/Romance Ebook Pack - 100 Quality Ebooks With Resale Rights / Mzznaki Tetteh, Plus-Sized Nurse Is A Mother Of Two Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
The world has changed, technology, internet has affected us all and has changed almost every area of our lives.

Giving both positive and negative impacts.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
Then, remember when you actually had to call your crush's landline and the paralyzing moment when her dad picked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Then, multiple dates were required before one could go for the first kiss.

But today, the first date might go beyond kissing.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Homeboiy: 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Uc browser no allow me see pictures
Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Explorers thread?
Sure fp

2 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
There were times our great grandmothers were celebrated for keeping or taking their virginity to their husbands’ homes.

The night of the wedding ceremony, both parents, families, friends will be waiting anxiously outside for the good news from the grooms if they met the brides at home(Virgin).

The groom coming out with a blood stained white pieces of cloths means she’s at home, that’s when drinking, eating, music, jubilation will start). If not, that’s the end of the marriage and a big disgrace to the brides’ family in the society then.

Decades later, the tradition passed away.

It changed to the days our grandmothers/mothers dating 1-2 men before finally getting married in their late 20s or early 30s.

Today, things have changed.

Some girls of today, 18-20years old have lost count of guys they’ve slept with.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
Those days when men will marry as many wives as possible.

The number of wives and children in your home shows how big you’re in the society.

Lots of farm lands for the wives and their to work.

4 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
Those days of letter writing, sending the younger brothers to deliver the letters.

The box full of love letters underneath your bed is now the texts you will never delete, even when your storage gets crazy full.

Sneaking around the girl’s house with your best baggy jean and over size tshirt, roaming the street, hoping she will come out to grind pepper or buy maggi.
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
After many weeks, lots of letters, your first kiss must be on the street at night.

After the kiss, you feel on top of the world.

You wont sleep throughout the night.

30 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by zionmade1: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
OP u re so on point
But wait until NL association of fornicators pounce on u, to start asking u if u re a virgin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
It takes months for a girl to visit then, this is what the room looks like then.

You entertain her with Coca Cola, fanta, sprite, 7up, and cabin biscuits.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
Those days of love cards, one of those things you spot first entering a girls’s room them with her guy’s photographs hanging on the wall.

Valentine/Christmas those days, ladies cherish cards, assorted biscuits, sweets, chocolate bars, perfumes, and bears.

Today, Iphones on the beat

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by VargasVee(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
You and your friend debating who'll go in first after planning to visit her house for months grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
Even early 2000s you have to try so many time to walk up to a lady, you have to walk kilometers beside her, from one place to another, blowing grammer, trying to ask her out, get her number while she snubs throughout the day.

Today, technology has advanced, some guys will ask girls out and get their digits in 00:59sec.

Guys no dey woo again sef, can I take you out?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Adaumunocha(f): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
FTC!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by sKy007: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
Explorers:
Those days when men will marry as many wives as possible.

The number of wives and children in your home shows how big you’re in the society.

Lots of farm lands where the wives and their will work.
Brother me
Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Adaumunocha(f): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Well done o, a won bookers association, mo ki yi.
Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Divay22(f): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
That time when mama wouldn't wanna hear you already have a boyfriend angry angry

You wan die grin

3 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by VargasVee(m): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2017
How the father be looking at you when you're trying to explain who you came for grin grin

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
This thing is so cheap today that you start wondering, what's with this generation.

Even the school where I work presently, this thing is so cheap that you meet a lady today, just tell her you’re taking her to Esporta/Polak/Template in the evening and that’s all.

From there, she’s following you home to pass the night.

They demand for ridiculous things, recharge card from 200-400, 1gb data, fish/beef pepper soup/bbq, cow tail/leg pepper soup , asun, suya, Chilled Origin, Smirnoff ice and Redwine.

That’s all it takes, then you bleep till morning when you are out of liquid.

In some institutions located in local towns, you see the local indigenes, bike riders, akoto drivers(Iworoko), aboki suya with half level of secondary education, bleeping some of the hottest babes on campus(Slayqueens) because of what?

I always ask myself then, why

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
All i could derive from these post is what?blame games, ,oga you can choose to still live the life of the 80's or so, and nobody will question you for it..but trying to paint the ladies black and blue is awful and disgusting,,if you so desire the blame game, ,it should go both ways.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Explorers:
This thing is so cheap today that you start wondering, what's with this generation.

Even the school where I work presently, this thing is so cheap that you meet a lady today, just tell her you’re taking her to Esporta/Polak/Template in the evening and that’s all.

They demand for ridiculous things, recharge card from 200-400, 1gb data, fish/beef pepper soup/bbq, cow tail/leg pepper soup , asun, suya, Chilled Origin, Smirnoff ice and Redwine.

In some institutions located in local towns, you see the local indigenes, bike riders, akoto drivers(Iworoko), aboki suya with half level of secondary education, bleeping some of the hottest babes on campus(Slayqueens) because of what?

what are you saying?only the lady takes the blame for sexual activities on the first date??what happens to the guy that asked for it ??he is a saint I guess..mtcheeeeeeew!!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Explorers:
There were times our great grandmothers were celebrated for keeping or taking their virginity to their husbands’ homes.

The night of the wedding ceremony, both parents, families, friends will be waiting anxiously outside for the good news from the grooms if they met the brides at home(Virgin).

The groom coming out with a blood stained white pieces of cloths means she’s at home, that’s when drinking, eating, music, jubilation will start). If not, that’s the end of the marriage and a big disgrace to the brides’ family in the society then.

Decades later, the tradition passed away.

It changed to the days our grandmothers/mothers dating 1-2 men before finally getting married in their late 20s or early 30s.

Today, things have changed.

Some girls of today, 18-20years old have lost count of guys they’ve slept with.

The girls must be sleeping with ants and dogs because I couldn't find any comment about boys, whose grandpas used to write love letters longer than an essay. Now all they do is send their disgusting d*cks to girls.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
Those days after writing Waec 4x and waiting for admission.

You are alone at home with your siblings then you start cruising that Dad's favourite ride(Benz 230/300) around your crush's place.

My brother did that and crashed the vehicle with his girlfriend in the car.

He abandoned the car, his girlfriend and fled for 3days

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
Explorers:

Damn fact.

6 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
sekxy:

what are you saying?only the lady takes the blame for sexual activities on the first date??what happens to the guy that asked for it ??he is a saint I guess..mtcheeeeeeew!!
he's not a saint at all but the lady have to power to make it happen or not.

When it comes to sex you know women hold the card. Women decides most time.

Even if he ask, that doesn't mean that you should give you pretty thing to every joe that ask.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
Rokia2:
he's not a saint at all but the lady have to power to make it happen or not.

When it comes to sex you know women holds the card. Women decides most time.

Even if he asks, that doesn't mean that you should give you pretty thing to every joe that ask.
,,can't you see it's all about blaming the ladies, ,has he pointed out to the guys that rape ladies when they come visiting or the ones sending their shrinked dicks up and down. ..was that how his forefathers did their own,,you can choose to be cowed by whatever he is saying against the ladies ,,i am absolutely not gonna take that poo....

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
sekxy:

,,can't you see it's all about blaming the ladies, ,has he pointed out to the guys that rape ladies when they come visiting of the ones sending their shrinked dicks up and down. ..was that how his forefathers did their own,,you can choose to be cowed by whatever he is saying against the ladies ,,i am absolutely not gonna take that poo....
LOL he's probably not even done writing.

Beside why should I be against my own females folks? What he said is the truth. But you also have a point.

The double standard is real. If the ladies are cheap, then the men are also cheap. But society only point out the woman's part. Bad I agree.

7 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Guys communication then vs now.

3 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2017
Texting and chat instead of talking in person.

If your partner pisses you off, you run to post a Facebook status:

“Sometimes people are just so inconsiderate/annoying, Heartbroken.”

Those days, instead of posting your business all over the internet you maturely talk about it.

You realize your problems are between you and him and not you, him, and your social media following.

11 Likes

Re: What Dating, Relationship Looks Like Then And Now(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
Then you saw someone you may like, you thought there might be something there, you took a chance, you tried to get to know that person, really know them, it worked, you made it official,you met the parents, you got engaged, then married and you had babies. It was a simple story of boy meets girl and they fall in love.

These days, you see someone you may like, you think there might be something there, you take a chance, you stop and wonder if you are ready for it, or if this means you have to stop talking to the multiple people you are currently talking to.

What if you find someone more successful? Or better looking? Or richer?

You overanalyze, you scrutinize everything to where you forget why it all started.

You let them go and move on in hopes of finding someone better or until you are“ready” to settle down.

Then, even though you were fighting, you still talked to each other; you made plans together, ate together, and were there for each other until you made up.

You communicated and discussed how you can make it work, how you could avoid this situation in the future, and you reassured each other that everything will be OK, it’s just a fight, it happens.

Now, you fight, you tell yourself this wouldn’t have happened if you were dating X or Y, you decide to teach them a lesson and dismiss their calls and messages for 3 days, a week, a month, until they learn their lesson.

When you make up, you will still be more guarded, a bit harder, and unwilling to put up with their “drama.”

So you decide to keep your options open again and you try to find someone better, someone less “dramatic,” who could be better looking, more successful or richer.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am Only Attract To Older Women Why? / -- / Share Ur Xperence Wit Mimzy Big Bress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.