Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170477 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

While I cannot speak as to her intentions, i can categorically say that 1. Her " cancelled marriage " plus 2. "The sudden wedding "of a sibling on a B visa are hurdles she has to cross.
Now I am not a virgin, but we all have our personal opinions. I myself get an immigrant vibe from the op. Buy hey! I'm not a vo.

Thumbs up Sis....

Dude can not say he doesn't understand what we are saying, he understands this topic wella, I however sabi wetin dey pain am for this matter. He used to be a good somebody before before oh, but he has joined bad gang cheesy, painfully cry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

One can, but it isn't straight jacket nor easy, the PCI and fraud thing, and the AOS tricks, and it comes with dire consequences on your future invitees, most times unknown to them and the applicants.
Really, I thought the V.O said for any changes to happen on your B1/B2 visa you must re-apply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tootush: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
Hi everyone. Urgent pls! A friend is supposed to appear for B2(going for child birth) interview on Friday along with her mum but on getting there; the officials checking d names said the confirmation code on the Ds-160 didn't match with the appointment confirmation slip as she has appeared before so she wasn't allowed in for the interview but they persuaded her to leave the mum to appear without her and she was so confused. eventually she left her mum to go in for the interview( virgin passport and even she wasn't the main applicant) lo n behold she was granted the visa without her.
Now she was told to wait 3 working days and she should log back on her profile that she should pick any available date and then go on emergency travel and scan d GTB receipt, doctor's correspondence,letter from the doctor and upload so she can qualify for emergency travel date as her edd is in march . Has anyone experienced this? plus she has cancelled appointment once so am thinking she will need to pay visa fee again but not so sure .how many times do u get to re schedule appointment before u loose ur vusa fee? thanks n God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
tootush:
Hi everyone. Urgent pls! A friend is supposed to appear for B2(going for child birth) interview on Friday along with her mum but on getting there; the officials checking d names said the confirmation code on the Ds-160 didn't match with the appointment confirmation slip as she has appeared before so she wasn't allowed in for the interview but they persuaded her to leave the mum to appear without her and she was so confused. eventually she left her mum to go in for the interview( virgin passport and even she wasn't the main applicant) lo n behold she was granted the visa without her.
Now she was told to wait 3 working days and she should log back on her profile that she should pick any available date and then go on emergency travel and scan d GTB receipt, doctor's correspondence,letter from the doctor and upload so she can qualify for emergency travel date as her edd is in march . Has anyone experienced this? plus she has cancelled appointment once so am thinking she will need to pay visa fee again but not so sure .how many times do u get to re schedule appointment before u loose ur vusa fee? thanks n God bless.
She will need to fill another ds160 form and update it with the profile page while waiting for the embassy to open the appointment page portal (Since she has not exceeded the number of time she can change the appointment page) Hopefully it will be open as soon as possible so she can re-schedule for another date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
seyewest:

Really, I thought the V.O said for any changes to happen on your B1/B2 visa you must re-apply.
it depends on the situation, seeing Lover on Visit is allowed (Not the one u already know before your B visa), and either adjusting or Marriage Visa (K1 or K3) wouldn't be seen as Family is trusted or not trusted because everyone is to prove his/her own tie separately. The problem there is that siblings of a LPR or Citizen have a family tie to the U.S, but still doesn't stop them from getting Visa, they only need stronger tie in Nigeria. @HoLEEsinner apply for ur Wedding, the V.O will decide if u are good to go or not, u should have learnt enough from ur last application. Happy Sunday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tootush: 8:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
seyewest:

She will need to fill another ds160 form and update it with the profile page while waiting for the embassy to open the appointment page portal (Since she has not exceeded the number of time she can change the appointment page) Hopefully it will be open as soon as possible so she can re-schedule for another date.

Thanks for your reply. she has filled a new ds-160 and the code as changed, but the profile is not showing anywhere to update ds-160 yet just personal info. i think it has to be after d 3 working days n d appointment portal hasn't opened yet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
tootush:

Thanks for your reply. she has filled a new ds-160 and the code as changed, but the profile is not showing anywhere to update ds-160 yet just personal info. i think it has to be after d 3 working days n d appointment portal hasn't opened yet

She should click update Profile as seen on the attached image and change the DS160 number, that's if anything has changed and needs update on her form anyways, if not, no need.

For expedited interview, she needs to upload her proof of finance/bank statement alongside the US Doctor and hospital correspondence, and the Nigeria doctor's version too. But has she not already done one reschedule?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Is your assertion above the core of this matter or that this assertion if at all correct comes with consequences to other immediate family members particularly when they too in the future desire the US NIV (B1/B2) with weighty hurdles to cross lining their paths?
I understand your point. My point was trying to dispel the notion that adjusting a b1/b2 visa is illegal. when someone enters the U.S on a B1 visa and marries a citizen, before the visa status is successfully adjusted remember the USCIS investigates the applicant to determine whether the marriage is genuine or a sham... just like when people enter the US and adjust to student visa, once they convince immigration that it wasn't a premeditated intention...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Thumbs up Sis....

Dude can not say he doesn't understand what we are saying, he understands this topic wella, I however sabi wetin dey pain am for this matter. He used to be a good somebody before before oh, but he has joined bad gang cheesy, painfully cry.
lol abeg I still dey the Good gang o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 11:23am On Feb 19, 2018
But Some people are wicked o!

1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 11:51am On Feb 19, 2018
My advice for her :

1. She should write to court to show she’s not dead and the new marriage will be nullified
2. Write to U.S. Embassy that they may have given the man and new wife visas wrongly
3. Apply for asylum with kids in US or Canada as they’re no longer safe in Nigeria with the husband.
4. Pray.

OtunOba15:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
iRyan:
I understand your point. My point was trying to dispel the notion that adjusting a b1/b2 visa is illegal. when someone enters the U.S on a B1 visa and marries a citizen, before the visa status is successfully adjusted remember the USCIS investigates the applicant to determine whether the marriage is genuine or a sham... just like when people enter the US and adjust to student visa, once they convince immigration that it wasn't a premeditated intention...

Yes you can adjust but it's frowned at. This is why the AOS takes much longer sometimes over 1 year and risks being denied.
B1/B2 is to F1 almost impossible better to return
B1/B2 to spousal can take a really long time and is expensive
If it's B1/B2 to an immigrant visa it's a bit simpler especially if you're still within the legal status on the vista's visa
So although AOS is possible it's more complicated on a visit visa. Other visa categories are much more straightforward.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
Thanks so much, I appreciate

Pesuzok:

The VO is not interested in those proofs, just hold them incase they ask.please don't try to make them to check those documents. Read through transcripts on this thread to have a feel of how the interview normally go
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2018
I applied with my passport which is to expire in August, is still above six months as at the date i applied but it will be below 6 months as at the date of my interview. I just did renewal and i just want to know if i will need to present the new one or both? Thanks in advance for quick response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sihamey: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Go with both but ensure you inform VO about the New passport. My advice

eyinola:
I applied with my passport which is to expire in August, is still above six months as at the date i applied but it will be below 6 months as at the date of my interview. I just did renewal and i just want to know if i will need to present the new one or both? Thanks in advance for quick response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2018
eyinola:
The old passport is no longer valid since you already have a new passport
Bear in mind that the D160 form needs to bear the new passport number. If you have submitted already with the old number, better fill a new form Asap.

Go with the old passport to the interview, the VO might not be asked of it if there is no travel history on it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
Pesuzok:

Bear in mind that the D160 form needs to bear the new passport number. If you have submitted already with the old number, better fill a new one Asap

New DS160 and do a passport number update on the profile too. Can't even be issued a visa on that old passport anyways, because it gets cancelled before you are handed the new. Concentrate on updating everything with the new passport number in fact....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
OtunOba15:
There's no where in the form to fill the name or details of the children except you plan to travel with them. I don't believe the visa is for U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
Taal17:

Yes you can adjust but it's frowned at. This is why the AOS takes much longer sometimes over 1 year and risks being denied.
B1/B2 is to F1 almost impossible better to return
B1/B2 to spousal can take a really long time and is expensive
If it's B1/B2 to an immigrant visa it's a bit simpler especially if you're still within the legal status on the vista's visa
So although AOS is possible it's more complicated on a visit visa. Other visa categories are much more straightforward.

Awesome take, even on the surface. Mine here is that this person may have succeeded in doing this and in even blocking all the loopholes, but this is one easy way to turn VOs worldwide into wounded lions. You now want to invite your sibling (whose ties appear not even tight anyways), to attend your wedding in the US, I mean your immediate family member oh, and somebody is trying to say here that it doesn't mean, it's just the applicant's personal ties that counts, and I laugh.

The VOs can't do much or nothing to the sister again, but I make bold to tell you today that the siblings will be the hardest hit by her step if they ever desire a US B1/B2 visa back of her, the stakes have become pretty high now. Why in fact do we think VOs have energy to be asking you how the person inviting you got into the US even after these persons have had everything regularized? Somebody just got to pay, SIMPLE! You've got to kill a VO first to have your way easily with this....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
seyewest:

There's no where in the form to fill the name or details of the children except you plan to travel with them. I don't believe the visa is for U.S

My take too, plus the attached death certificate sef. Unless this person and her husband have something they are collaborating on sha, and the grounds are only being laid.

Na immigrant visa? Maybe....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by houston202020: 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
Please I have a critical issue here and I need someone to please respond swiftly. I have US visa interview tomorrow B1/B2 visa precisely but I couldn’t print out my Ds160 confirmation form. I have already printed out the appointment confirmation form. I’ve tried all I can to retrieve the ds160 application first then print it but it says my application id is incorrect , please has anyone experience the same problem, my interview is tomorrow plz I need an advice on what to do. Could it be that I request for a new application id which has cancel the previous application, what can I do ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
OmoBendel24:

New DS160 and do a passport number update on the profile too. Can't even be issued a visa on that old passport anyways, because it gets cancelled before you are handed the new. Concentrate on updating everything with the new passport number in fact....
Thanks sir the last time i tried it said application already submitted can't be retrieved and again how do i also change it on my appointment letter.. I thought both old and renew passport will carry same number ni oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Taal17: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
OmoBendel24:

My take too, plus the attached death certificate sef. Unless this person and her husband have something they are collaborating on sha, and the grounds are only being laid.

Na immigrant visa? Maybe....

Simples. Fake story made up to get Internet traffic
Seen it elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hodusglobal(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
OtunOba15:
The man is bastard
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
Taal17:

Simples. Fake story made up to get Internet traffic
Seen it elsewhere
Yea fake.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by amos4real(m): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
houston202020:
Please I have a critical issue here and I need someone to please respond swiftly. I have US visa interview tomorrow B1/B2 visa precisely but I couldn’t print out my Ds160 confirmation form. I have already printed out the appointment confirmation form. I’ve tried all I can to retrieve the ds160 application first then print it but it says my application id is incorrect , please has anyone experience the same problem, my interview is tomorrow plz I need an advice on what to do. Could it be that I request for a new application id which has cancel the previous application, what can I do ?

just check the nobas and alphabet well dey look alike like zero and O .

ur need a corfirmation page , interview schedule appointment, payment receipt from Gtbanks. and other supporting documents .

best of lock
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by maddock(m): 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
Great people i just made a blunder in filling my drop box application. I discovered that my previous passport number didn't change after deleting and putting my new passport number. It was later I discovered I maybe I was supposed to delete and fill a new profile (for those doing drop box guess you understand this).

My question is since my passport is the only one with this error but I have 2 kids being attached to me and we are renewing together but their information is correct, so am I just making a new visa payment for just myself or the 3 of us again? Anybody that have an idea cos i can't believe na dash I want dash US embassy free money so.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:12pm On Feb 19, 2018
maddock:
Great people i just made a blunder in filling my drop box application. I discovered that my previous passport number didn't change after deleting and putting my new passport number. It was later I discovered I maybe I was supposed to delete and fill a new profile (for those doing drop box guess you understand this).

My question is since my passport is the only one with this error but I have 2 kids being attached to me and we are renewing together but their information is correct, so am I just making a new visa payment for just myself or the 3 of us again? Anybody that have an idea cos i can't believe na dash I want dash US embassy free money so.

But you can't delete nor change passport number by yourself na.... Get to the customer care crew of the embassy via "Provide feedback" option or on phone and explain your predicament, they are the ones that can do that change for you (send them the data pages of both the old and new passport), I don't believe your money is lost yet, your new passport carries the number of the previous too, neither do I think it will affect payment made for the kids visa. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
houston202020:

DS160 Confirmation? Have you had the form submitted before? I doubt though.... Hopefully you have been able to fix this especially if it actually had to do with not inputting the correct digits and alphabets, if not, you may have to just wait, fill another form and reschedule appointment when allowed to do so.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
OmoBendel24:

DS160 Confirmation? Have you had the form submitted before? I doubt though.... Hopefully you have been able to fix this especially if it actually had to do with not inputting the correct digits and alphabets, if not, you may have to just wait, fill another form and reschedule appointment when allowed to do so.
Bro Abeg how do i treat this my own case
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by houston202020: 5:48am On Feb 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I’ve submitted before I need the ds160 confirmation along with me, but it says my application id is incorrect which means I can’t print it.y interview is this morning
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by houston202020: 5:49am On Feb 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Does that mean I have to pay another visa fees?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.