Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174322 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 7:01am On Feb 21, 2018
Drelexy:
I have been a silent reader here in short and I must say this thread is so wonderful. My family interview was today but was denied. My wife who I told everything and said she know it ruined the whole thing and am not happy. The transcript below.

Vo. Passport please
Me :Here it is, Good morning( I don't even know if she responded)
Vo: is that your daughter
Me n wifey: yes
Vo: why are u going to america
Me: We are going to attend my graduation( Did MBA online in xxxxx school and they invited me) and we will visit so so places too.
Vo: Online program
Me : yes please
Vo: Nice and expensive school.
Me : yes but it worth it.
Vo: going for how many days
Me: 10 days
Vo: have any of u traveled out before either personally or as couple
Me : I traveled to Poland, France, Switzerland, Italy Greece, Germany, Malaysia Ghana .that's before I married my wife.
Vo: typing as if is Nigeria budget why asking these questions.
Vo: what did u went for in Malaysia
Me: for annual vacation and I explained more.
Vo: you have any relative in america
Me and wifey: No
Vo: where will u be staying
Me: xxxxx hotel in xxxxx place.
Vo: How long have u been married
Me and wifey : 3years
Vo: where do u work
Me: xxxxx company and into xxxxx things.
Vo: your position:
Me: Ism (Information system manager)
Vo: your duties.
Me: I pour down everything
Vo: cut in how much do u earn
Me: xxxxx income and got xxxxx from extra works. At this time the vo notice am very confidence and flowing well then she turn to my wife.
Vo: madam what do u do?
Wifey : Am accountant in so so company in so so place. And am into fashion
Vo: fashion what do u mean?
Wifey: I make clothes
Vo: OK nice.
Vo: your accounts please
Me and wifey: here they are
Vo:looking at both account carefully:
she took her time to look at our account, don't ever take fake account to there cos u might not be lucky. She scrutinize our account that a man in my back was shaking.
Vo: have it
Me: thanks:
Vo: your daughter should be in school then how come she is joining the trip?
Me: Her school gave her exemption for the trip and here is the letter and her school fees receipt 3terms paid once.
This time the vo stretch to the white paper while looking at the screen. Then suddenly she caught my wife off guard.
Vo: madam are you pregnant
Wifey: No
Then the question I think got us denied.
Vo: do u wish to give birth in america if given visa and still valid for two years
Wifey: confused
Vo: repeat it again and looking out my eyes if I will signal my wife.
Wifey : confused with the question
Vo: repeat it again.
Wifey: Answer yes.
In my mind I said oh my God.
Vo: type for 2minis and gave us the blue paper.

My wifey is a smart woman. I told her interview is not just about smartness but preparedness. I even told her what to say if same question is asked but she said she was nervous and a bit lost. All The same thanks to the gurus in the house.

Reapply ASAP

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 7:34am On Feb 21, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Gbam!
Just disrespectful. As if he couldn't have made a mistake.

@op BTW, some people have answered yes and still gotten the visa
I think the VO intension for asking was just to input it in their profile so should in case they want to use the visa for birthing purpose in the future.

The Vo then sensed insincerity in their response, as if they were trying to hide something.

I believe the wife was over excited about the progress of the interview, so that question must have taken her by surprise

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Princewhite24: 8:11am On Feb 21, 2018
Good morning
I have an interview this morning
Vo. Good Morning
Me morning ma
Vo passport
I gave her my passport
vo why are you traveling to USA
Me I told her am going there for visiting my brother who is doing is mastering degree at University of Texas
Vo have you applied for Canada visa

Me No
Vo but u have
Me I told her have not
Vo where do u work
Me I told her where I work and my position
Vo have you traveled before
Me yes have been to UAE AND GHANA for business trip
she gave me the blue paper that am not qualified
Plz what relationship does my application have with Canada
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olasanni(m): 8:52am On Feb 21, 2018
Good morning everyone does the vo place a stamp on your passport when you are being denied
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Drelexy: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2018
Thanks all. Actually we have gotten over the denial yesterday. The crowd I saw at the embassy make me Shiver and na so the blue papers dey fly everywhere. Even so many white people collect from the share of the blue papers. A lady I believed from presidency got denied, reverend father denied even chiefs with all sort of beads denied. But we naija sha no dey try, some can't even answer some elementary questions. Those america guys no get joy at all. I wish anyone going there best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sihamey: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2018
Canada and USA shares link . But have you applied for Canada visa before ?

Princewhite24:
Good morning
I have an interview this morning
Vo. Good Morning
Me morning ma
Vo passport
I gave her my passport
vo why are you traveling to USA
Me I told her am going there for visiting my brother who is doing is mastering degree at University of Texas
Vo have you applied for Canada visa

Me No
Vo but u have
Me I told her have not
Vo where do u work
Me I told her where I work and my position
Vo have you traveled before
Me yes have been to UAE AND GHANA for business trip
she gave me the blue paper that am not qualified
Plz what relationship does my application have with Canada
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2018
Plz ooooo, Oga omobendel and Co, in regards to my new new passport, filing a new DS160 form can be done easily but how do i change the passport number on my appointment letter? Am really confused. Before i went for renewal i was told i can present both the new and old passport at the interview since d old is still valid for five months, now my interview is friday and i really need to be sure.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ssalk: 10:17am On Feb 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Whew! Should I? Okay, no clear record of these pasts as long as the details you supplied above are not real but for instance.... He should go ahead as is currently, "fortunate" fresh start he got there by whiskers methinks.

One good thing about this place is that you get different opinion then make decision from them. My friend went to the embassy and they didn’t detect his past and they never ask anything relating to that. And was granted the visa.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sihamey: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2018
You cannot do change of passport number on your appiontment site by yourself. What you need to do is send mail via your appiontment portal attached your old and New passport for change I did same and it was fixed with 24 hours

eyinola:
Plz ooooo, Oga omobendel and Co, in regards to my new new passport, filing a new DS160 form can be done easily but how do i change the passport number on my appointment letter? Am really confused. Before i went for renewal i was told i can present both the new and old passport at the interview since d old is still valid for five months, now my interview is friday and i really need to be sure.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2018
sihamey:
You cannot do change of passport number on your appiontment site by yourself. What you need to do is send mail via your appiontment portal attached your old and New passport for change I did same and it was fixed with 24 hours

It can in fact be fixed today if this process is followed right now. Do a mail for them to change your passport number on the portal, and send both the old and new passport data pages along compulsorily.

I also believe you @eyinola can go in and attend your interview with both passports. Shebi as at the time you scheduled your interview the old passport was still valid?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2018
Drelexy:
I have been a silent reader here in short and I must say this thread is so wonderful. My family interview was today but was denied. My wife who I told everything and said she know it ruined the whole thing and am not happy. The transcript below.
My wifey is a smart woman. I told her interview is not just about smartness but preparedness. I even told her what to say if same question is asked but she said she was nervous and a bit lost. All The same thanks to the gurus in the house.

Too bad... From the interview and from what you have to say about your wife I believe you guys have discussed about birthing in U.S in the future and there's no need to pretend like it's not gonna happen.. the V.O could not trust you guys because you're not sincere since your plan is for the convocation and visit you should stick with that..... You should re-apply alone when next you want to visit U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:55am On Feb 21, 2018
sihamey:
Canada and USA shares link . But have you applied for Canada visa before ?

Good question....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

That part just come somehow weak me, really. Poor reflection of one's treatment of a better half.... This attitude demoralises, and can lead/could even have led to her "productivity" during that interview sef. We can actually do better, na petting even win this kyne preparation, not pressure!
We get the visa together or lose it together.....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2018
Good Morning All
I started a US visit visa application and still waiting for a letter from my uncle but couldnt for some reasons and unfortunately the application will expire today. My question is if I can reapply again without any issue or does it attract any penalty.
Please I need your response let me know what to do, am nervous!
Secondly If you are given blue letter, what does it signifies in US Embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2018
olasanni:
Good morning everyone does the vo place a stamp on your passport when you are being denied

No.... But why do you want to know? The "spiritual" controls the physical, take note and don't be fooled oh! Nothing is hidden under the sun on this matter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
Good Morning All
I started a US visit visa application and still waiting for a letter from my uncle but couldnt for some reasons and unfortunately the application will expire today. My question is if I can reapply again without any issue or does it attract any penalty.
What do you mean by expire today?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:03am On Feb 21, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
Good Morning All

Color isn't the key thing, but the content.

The letter you have been waiting for actually counts nothing, the VOs wouldn't even look at it. No issues nor penalty, you can reapply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:05am On Feb 21, 2018
What does blue letter stands for please.

Drelexy:
Thanks all. Actually we have gotten over the denial yesterday. The crowd I saw at the embassy make me Shiver and na so the blue papers dey fly everywhere. Even so many white people collect from the share of the blue papers. A lady I believed from presidency got denied, reverend father denied even chiefs with all sort of beads denied. But we naija sha no dey try, some can't even answer some elementary questions. Those america guys no get joy at all. I wish anyone going there best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:09am On Feb 21, 2018
seyewest:

Too bad... From the interview and from what you have to say about your wife I believe you guys have discussed about birthing in U.S in the future and there's no need to pretend like it's not gonna happen.. the V.O could not trust you guys because you're not sincere since your plan is for the convocation and visit you should stick with that..... You should re-apply alone when next you want to visit U.S

His wife's answer to that question and their bank statement very much likely didn't tally (nor had correlation) to substantiate such ability, refusal then becomes certain. He can go it all alone now oh!

Nobody will run away from Nigeria, we must all enjoy PMB together!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:09am On Feb 21, 2018
I mean my online application will expire today. After 30 days the online application expires if you have not submitted.
Can I reapply online immediately?
author=seyewest post=65249428]
What do you mean by expire today?[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sihamey: 11:11am On Feb 21, 2018
Guy or babe did you applied for visa or you started application without submission while waiting for uncle invitation letter? if not you should have go for your interview without the letter rather than wisting 64k . Well to my experience VO hardly check invitation letter during interview .
Blue paper signify visa refusal but at times come in white paper.

Gurus pls give your opinion.

Chibabe4Christ:
Good Morning All
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2018
Ssalk:

One good thing about this place is that you get different opinion then make decision from them. My friend went to the embassy and they didn’t detect his past and they never ask anything relating to that. And was granted the visa.

See? Okay oh! Had almost no doubt about it being an almost dead past.... Congrats to him, and hopefully the visa is used correctly and accordingly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

His wife's answer to that question and their bank statement very much likely didn't tally (nor had correlation) to substantiate such ability, refusal then becomes certain. He can go it all alone now oh!

Nobody will run away from Nigeria, we must all enjoy PMB together!
Yes oooo we will all make it work here. > grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:28am On Feb 21, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
What does blue letter stands for please.

The blue,pink,white or any colored letter means rejection or denial of visa... if they accepted your visa application they will give you a white paper with instruction on how to pick your passport with the newly issued visa in it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:29am On Feb 21, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
I mean my online application will expire today. After 30 days the online application expires if you have not submitted.
Can I reapply online immediately?
author=seyewest post=65249428]
What do you mean by expire today?
Just save it and it will be extended by another 30 days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2018
"Greetings Nairaland -

Do you have questions regarding non-immigrant visas? It’s one day to go for our Facebook live event where consular officers of the U.S. Consulate General Lagos will be live on Facebook to answer any questions related to non-immigrant visas. Please join us Wednesday, February 21, at 2:00pm WAT

https://www.facebook.com/usembassynigeria/

If you can't make it live, please check out the videos section of our Facebook page, where the video from this session will be available for future viewing. You can also see the videos from our prior Facebook live events.

LagosNIV"

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 11:36am On Feb 21, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Good question....

Yes, he has... but he said NO at the interview... why do people lie
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2018
Thanks for your response but I have not paid yet.
In that case I have to reapply, I have started the application but have not submitted before it expires

sihamey:
Guy or babe did you applied for visa or you started application without submission while waiting for uncle invitation letter? if not you should have go for your interview without the letter rather than wisting 64k . Well to my experience VO hardly check invitation letter during interview .
Blue paper signify visa refusal but at times come in white paper.

Gurus pls give your opinion.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2018
ayenikunle:

Yes, he has... but he said NO at the interview... why do people lie
He's on his own.... banned by both country. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2018
Greetings to you all..

I was refused a u.s visitor visa last year (Aug/Sep). I wanted to go on vacation.

I want to re-apply, maybe using conference. I was 26years as at the time i applied, the agent that did the package for me filled my marital status as married but am single, position at work; Branch Manager, the agent also made a mistake on my salary which didn't correspond on my statement of account (the agent wrote N150,007 instead of N235,000). My fiancee stays in united states (Nigerian, born and brought in u.s). Last visit to Nigeria was 4-5years ago.

My question is this;

(1) When reapplying, should i use the same information the agent used?
(2) How can i apply for conference,
(3) What is the process/requirements for spouse visa and how does it work. My fiancee wants to visit Nigeria soon for us to do a court wedding. I asked her to chill alil for me to seek advice/another possible means.

NB: I have not traveled out of Nigeria before, I was born and brought up here. Never had interest in traveling out cos i get scared entering the plane.

I appreciate your advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2018
Richbest18:
Greetings to you all..

I was refused a u.s visitor visa last year (Aug/Sep). I wanted to go on vacation.

I want to re-apply, maybe using conference. I was 26years as at the time i applied, the agent that did the package for me filled my marital status as married but am single, position at work; Branch Manager, the agent also made a mistake on my salary which didn't correspond on my statement of account (the agent wrote N150,007 instead of N235,000). My fiancee stays in united states (Nigerian, born and brought in u.s). Last visit to Nigeria was 4-5years ago.

My question is this;

(1) When reapplying, should i use the same information the agent used?
(2) How can i apply for conference,
(3) What is the process/requirements for spouse visa and how does it work. My fiancee wants to visit Nigeria soon for us to do a court wedding. I asked her to chill alil for me to seek advice/another possible means.

NB: I have not traveled out of Nigeria before, I was born and brought up here. Never had interest in traveling out cos i get scared entering the plane.

I appreciate your advice.
Foolish agent...anyway your plan is to go and see your fiancee right? maybe get a job and start a family?
Please let us know so we can advise you appropriately.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2018
seyewest:

Foolish agent anyway... your plan is to go and see your fiancee right? maybe get a job and start a family?
Please let us know so we can advise you appropriately.

E dey fear plane, na only one way flight to the US this person go fit do ni oh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.