Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172031 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by maddock(m): 6:18am On Feb 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

But you can't delete nor change passport number by yourself na.... Get to the customer care crew of the embassy via "Provide feedback" option or on phone and explain your predicament, they are the ones that can do that change for you (send them the data pages of both the old and new passport), I don't believe your money is lost yet, your new passport carries the number of the previous too, neither do I think it will affect payment made for the kids visa. Regards

Omobendel thanks so much that's little relief. Already sent a mail via feedback but would try and call the customers care line today, was supposed to submit this morning.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:41am On Feb 20, 2018
houston202020:

I’ve submitted before I need the ds160 confirmation along with me, but it says my application id is incorrect which means I can’t print it.y interview is this morning

If truly you had it submitted already but just only cant get to print it out, very likely then that you are not inputting the correct digits and alphabets, check the figure "0" and alphabet "O" very well. If you can't find your way round it, you may have to subject yourself to those "killers/black market" crew around the embassy to help you out. The number is on your appointment confirmation, abi?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:43am On Feb 20, 2018
maddock:

Omobendel thanks so much that's little relief. Already sent a mail via feedback but would try and call the customers care line today, was supposed to submit this morning.

You are most welcome. Hope your submitted copies of both the old and new passport data pages alongside the mail sha?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:49am On Feb 20, 2018
houston202020:

Does that mean I have to pay another visa fees?

No you don't have to if you haven't rescheduled before. You will get a TB if you are not able to sort this DS160 issue out, and they then will tell you the next steps to take at the intake stage at the embassy, just walk away without communing further with those touts around, you will get all your subsequent answers here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mjazzy(m): 8:45am On Feb 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

No you don't have to if you haven't rescheduled before. You will get a TB if you are not able to sort this DS160 issue out, and they then will tell you the next steps to take at the intake stage at the embassy, just walk away without communing further with those touts around, you will get all your subsequent answers here.

Hello @ OmoBendel24, Please I need your help and guide in particular;

My Elder brother is receiving an invitation letter from a family friend in US to attend his Son's graduation in about 2 months time. Am trying to help him with all the application process, I do have an idea cos I've applied before but I've lost touch with the current happenings in visa application. Please help guide me on what and what documents to gather for the application and interview, give me the link for the visa application after paying visa fees at GTBank, also note that the friend is taking care of the flight tickets. He will be staying for just 2 weeks, He's married with 3 kids and he's an engineer/contractor.

Thanks for your help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kyautaz: 9:12am On Feb 20, 2018
Guys my interview is tomorrow by 8.30. Please pray for me. I'll tell you guys how it went.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hamzyluv(m): 9:46am On Feb 20, 2018
Good day here,

Please am working on (B1 / B2) Visa for just 2weeks tourism in US by agent of mine but issue on ground is that he only filled my place of work and didn't mentioned the name of the 2 friends of mine working and schooling in d state. Despite the fact that I told him to do so ..

Sir/ma can I still mention their name to d VO during my interview ?.. Will that have some positive effect on my interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hardeyeanc(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
Dear nairalanders

please i need your candid advise, I wish to relocate to US with my family(myself, wife and 2 kids) i have a brother in US who want to give me an invitation to spend my vacation with him but he is saying I'll come alone first on a vacation and get back to Naija then ill reprocess for myself and family. that I should get a letter of introduction from my employer and prepare my statement which is not a problem at all.

But a friend here in Naija is saying its not normal like that since am married, Tourist (family) is the best option to go with fams or Study (if am going alone) i.e I'll get there and later arrange how to move family.

My question now is which option do you think has d higher chance of getting the visa coz am confused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2018
I like the fact that you are saying the truth and it is better for you to get some really facts before you damage your family credibility with US embassy.

1. This thread is for non immigrants but visitors
2. Check the thread for immigrant applicants
3. Don't get involved in illegality

And do alot of research before you jump on the ship

hardeyeanc:
Dear nairalanders

please i need your candid advise, I wish to relocate to US with my family(myself, wife and 2 kids) i have a brother in US who want to give me an invitation to spend my vacation with him but he is saying I'll come alone first on a vacation and get back to Naija then ill reprocess for myself and family. that I should get a letter of introduction from my employer and prepare my statement which is not a problem at all.

But a friend here in Naija is saying its not normal like that since am married, Tourist (family) is the best option to go with fams or Study (if am going alone) i.e I'll get there and later arrange how to move family.

My question now is which option do you think has d higher chance of getting the visa coz am confused

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2018
hardeyeanc:
Dear nairalanders

B visa is Non immigrant, Seek genuine immigrant adviser so u don't end up Hanging with your family through B ( So many Nigerian families can't come back). USCIS don't joke with planned Immigration.

Look before u leap.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:30pm On Feb 20, 2018
Kyautaz:
Guys my interview is tomorrow by 8.30. Please pray for me. I'll tell you guys how it went.
Wish you all the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2018
hardeyeanc:
Dear nairalanders

It is illegal to do that on tourism visa and if you're interested in relocating to U.S... Write the U.S Embassy on what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uniquema: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
I want to take my children for visa interview, what questions should I expect. I have a valid visiting visa.
Thank you for your prompt response to my question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olami101: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
[Qquote author=uniquema post=65227769]I want to take my children for visa interview, what questions should I expect. I have a valid visiting visa.
Thank you for your prompt response to my question[/quote]
Sincere answer will go a long way in helping you...best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olami101: 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2018
color=#770077][/color]
Kyautaz:
Bro God will go before you to make all things easy for you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2018
uniquema:
I want to take my children for visa interview, what questions should I expect. I have a valid visiting visa.
Thank you for your prompt response to my question

I hope you have used your own visa i.e. traveled with your own visa, and of course didn't overstay.

2. If unused, I hope it hasn't exceeded 6 months since yours was issued.

Those two are important.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Drelexy: 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2018
I have been a silent reader here in short and I must say this thread is so wonderful. My family interview was today but was denied. My wife who I told everything and said she know it ruined the whole thing and am not happy. The transcript below.

Vo. Passport please
Me :Here it is, Good morning( I don't even know if she responded)
Vo: is that your daughter
Me n wifey: yes
Vo: why are u going to america
Me: We are going to attend my graduation( Did MBA online in xxxxx school and they invited me) and we will visit so so places too.
Vo: Online program
Me : yes please
Vo: Nice and expensive school.
Me : yes but it worth it.
Vo: going for how many days
Me: 10 days
Vo: have any of u traveled out before either personally or as couple
Me : I traveled to Poland, France, Switzerland, Italy Greece, Germany, Malaysia Ghana .that's before I married my wife.
Vo: typing as if is Nigeria budget why asking these questions.
Vo: what did u went for in Malaysia
Me: for annual vacation and I explained more.
Vo: you have any relative in america
Me and wifey: No
Vo: where will u be staying
Me: xxxxx hotel in xxxxx place.
Vo: How long have u been married
Me and wifey : 3years
Vo: where do u work
Me: xxxxx company and into xxxxx things.
Vo: your position:
Me: Ism (Information system manager)
Vo: your duties.
Me: I pour down everything
Vo: cut in how much do u earn
Me: xxxxx income and got xxxxx from extra works. At this time the vo notice am very confidence and flowing well then she turn to my wife.
Vo: madam what do u do?
Wifey : Am accountant in so so company in so so place. And am into fashion
Vo: fashion what do u mean?
Wifey: I make clothes
Vo: OK nice.
Vo: your accounts please
Me and wifey: here they are
Vo:looking at both account carefully:
she took her time to look at our account, don't ever take fake account to there cos u might not be lucky. She scrutinize our account that a man in my back was shaking.
Vo: have it
Me: thanks:
Vo: your daughter should be in school then how come she is joining the trip?
Me: Her school gave her exemption for the trip and here is the letter and her school fees receipt 3terms paid once.
This time the vo stretch to the white paper while looking at the screen. Then suddenly she caught my wife off guard.
Vo: madam are you pregnant
Wifey: No
Then the question I think got us denied.
Vo: do u wish to give birth in america if given visa and still valid for two years
Wifey: confused
Vo: repeat it again and looking out my eyes if I will signal my wife.
Wifey : confused with the question
Vo: repeat it again.
Wifey: Answer yes.
In my mind I said oh my God.
Vo: type for 2minis and gave us the blue paper.

My wifey is a smart woman. I told her interview is not just about smartness but preparedness. I even told her what to say if same question is asked but she said she was nervous and a bit lost. All The same thanks to the gurus in the house.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2018
Drelexy:
I have been a silent reader here in short and I must say this thread is so wonderful. My family interview was today but was denied. All The same thanks to the gurus in the house.

Genuinely, I enjoyed your transcript. Pretty sorry for this denial, it was sounding like a granted visa as I read on, actually felt at some point you just wanted to take us unawares by saying you guys were denied a visa and announce at the end you were joking, that you actually got the visa.

It is well with your wife sha! I however do not like people who blame their spouses the way you just did now, not a good picture. Go back for another interview alone for the time being, she can attend another interview some other time later in life.... Regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blackkeyc: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2018
@ Drelexy personally I believe the reply to the last question wasn't your undoing but the fact that the question was reiterated several times.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wabuk(m): 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2018
[quote author=Kyautaz post=65217581]Guys my interview is tomorrow by 8.30. Please pray for me. I'll tell you guys how it went. May God be with u may u see the favour of God. Mine is next month see u when I get to USA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Onedimple: 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2018
Good evening everyone. This forum has been of a huge benefit to me. I was able to get my visa app approved 2 years ago after reading through all the submissions here. @ladyg, @seyewest and everyone, I need your honest take as usual on this issue. I met someone who has misrepresented in his application due to an agent's "wickedness". In his first application, his agent convinced him to lie about his marital status (he claimed married while single) stating that unmarried applicants do not have a chance with USA Visa. He was also encouraged to lie about his monthly income to show he has the funds to sponsor himself and he has applied twice. I heard the story and advised him to reapply and come out clean by stating th truth with the sole aim of clearing his misrepresentation. Please, i will appreciate your thoughts on this. Many thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2018
Eeyah! that was a trick question and I THINK it was just done to justify not giving you guys the visa. Giving birth in the US is not a crime. Many people actually used their tourist visa for tourism and then later for childbirth.
I THINK you should apply again but this time, leave your daughter behind and go with your wife, and if asked say that you have someone taking care of her.

Drelexy:
I have been a silent reader here in short and I must say this thread is so wonderful. My family interview was today but was denied. My wife who I told everything and said she know it ruined the whole thing and am not happy. The transcript below.

Vo. Passport please
Me: We are going to attend my graduation( Did MBA online in xxxxx school and they invited me) and we will visit so so places too.
Me : I traveled to Poland, France, Switzerland, Italy Greece, Germany, Malaysia Ghana .that's before I married my wife.
Me: xxxxx income and got xxxxx from extra works. At this time the vo notice am very confidence and flowing well then she turn to my wife.
she took her time to look at our account, don't ever take fake account to there cos u might not be lucky. She scrutinize our account that a man in my back was shaking.
Me: Her school gave her exemption for the trip and here is the letter and her school fees receipt 3terms paid once.
This time the vo stretch to the white paper while looking at the screen. Then suddenly she caught my wife off guard.
Vo: do u wish to give birth in america if given visa and still valid for two years

My wifey is a smart woman. I told her interview is not just about smartness but preparedness. I even told her what to say if same question is asked but she said she was nervous and a bit lost. All The same thanks to the gurus in the house.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2018
1. Has he been told that he is under any punishment?
2. He should come clean, but not expect to be given a visa, he's already shown that he's not credible.
3. After number 2, he should leave the US for a while and go somewhere else, and do something else - these constitutes a change in circumstance(s).

Onedimple:
Good evening everyone. This forum has been of a huge benefit to me. I was able to get my visa app approved 2 years ago after reading through all the submissions here. @ladyg, @seyewest and everyone, I need your honest take as usual on this issue. I met someone who has misrepresented in his application due to an agent's "wickedness". In his first application, his agent convinced him to lie about his marital status (he claimed married while single) stating that unmarried applicants do not have a chance with USA Visa. He was also encouraged to lie about his monthly income to show he has the funds to sponsor himself and he has applied twice. I heard the story and advised him to reapply and come out clean by stating th truth with the sole aim of clearing his misrepresentation. Please, i will appreciate your thoughts on this. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by GrammarCheck: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2018
OtunOba15:

My advice for her :

1. She should write to court to show she’s not dead and the new marriage will be nullified
2. Write to U.S. Embassy that they may have given the man and new wife visas wrongly
3. Apply for asylum with kids in US or Canada as they’re no longer safe in Nigeria with the husband.
4. Pray.

5. Call village meeting and expose the wicked husband
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Onedimple: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
2. He should come clean, but not expect to be given a visa, he's already shown that he's not credible.
3. After number 2, he should leave the US for a while and go somewhere else, and do something else - these constitutes a change in circumstance(s).

Thanks @kaptainAfrika. He has actually applied twice misrepresenting. He decided to apply now (3rd app) only to clear his wrongs following my advice. He is not expecting a visa in this new application but only hope to clear his misrepresentations so as not to have adverse effect in future applications. Again, many thanks sir.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Onedimple: 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2018
KaptainAfrika:

He hasn't been informed of any punishment neither does he know the reasons for his previous denials. I was the one that advised that it's best to state the truth ASAP.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Genuinely, I enjoyed your transcript. Pretty sorry for this denial, it was sounding like a granted visa as I read on, actually felt at some point you just wanted to take us unawares by saying you guys were denied a visa and announce at the end you were joking, that you actually got the visa.

It is well with your wife sha! I however do not like people who blame their spouses the way you just did now, not a good picture. Go back for another interview alone for the time being, she can attend another interview some other time later in life.... Regards
Gbam!
Just disrespectful. As if he couldn't have made a mistake.

@op BTW, some people have answered yes and still gotten the visa

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2018
Mjazzy:

Hello @ OmoBendel24, Please I need your help and guide in particular;

My Elder brother is receiving an invitation letter from a family friend in US to attend his Son's graduation in about 2 months time. Am trying to help him with all the application process, I do have an idea cos I've applied before but I've lost touch with the current happenings in visa application. Please help guide me on what and what documents to gather for the application and interview, give me the link for the visa application after paying visa fees at GTBank, also note that the friend is taking care of the flight tickets. He will be staying for just 2 weeks, He's married with 3 kids and he's an engineer/contractor.

Thanks for your help

@the bolded is some sort of red flag; DS160 Confirmation page, Appointment confirmation page, GTB MRV fees receipt, International passport and 2 passport photographs, possibly his friend's passport data page too. And then, maybe Bank statement/other documents he feels will help his case and keep his confidence high (these documents normally are of no significant importance).

Needed links can be found on page zero of this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:57pm On Feb 20, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Gbam!
Just disrespectful. As if he couldn't have made a mistake.

@op BTW, some people have answered yes and still gotten the visa

That part just come somehow weak me, really. Poor reflection of one's treatment of a better half.... This attitude demoralises, and can lead/could even have led to her "productivity" during that interview sef. We can actually do better, na petting even win this kyne preparation, not pressure!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 11:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
Drelexy:

Vo. Passport please

This V.O no good ooo! He played game with u, do u know they don't check Bank statement on tourism? He actually checked to see if u could afford to give birth during the middle of the Interview, now later threw the question at u, after ascertaining that Your statement can't sponsor birth.Their new rule of giving birth is that u must have $30,000+ budget for it.and also not go broke on it. a No to that would have saved u from 214(b).

Don't blame madam, no matter how prepared u are, Some questions are unprepared for, nobody is perfect.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Coefficient(m): 12:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Drelexy:

Vo. Passport please

Next time you’re asked if you’ll like to use the visa for childbirth purposes, your answer should make it clear that you don’t have such intention at the moment, at least.

And if there’s a need for you to consider childbirth in the United States during the period of holding a valid tourist visa, you will apply for another B1/B2 to state such intent.

That’s the expected procedure.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 3:44am On Feb 21, 2018
Drelexy:

Vo. Passport please

Your poor wife... I hope you're not making things worse for her by berating her at home.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.