Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171819 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
Pelaiye2703:
Please what’s the implication of this?
Please for those who have vast experience about what’s the possible implication?
so painful u fell after all the warning. it's either 10years or lifetime ban. Ask the VO's bro. But why cry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ubomm: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
Visa interview on March 19
This is the transcript

VO: good morning
Wifey & I: good morning and three kids
VO: are they your biological children?
ME: Yes, these are what God bless us with
VO: Have you traveled before ?
ME: Yes to Ghana for official meeting and wifey and kids separately
VO: what's your occupation?
ME: Working with multinational( mentioned the name) in charge of so and so across Nigeria. She looks amazed
VO: To Wifey, what are you doing?
Wifey: Fashion designer, just won major distributorship with so so company running to millions of naira
VO: in affirmative that is a trader right?.
Wifey: Yes
VO: Where are you going?
Me : going to Albany at New York mentioned the street. VO typing
VO: New york city or New York?
Me: Confused silence for seconds then New York City( This is because my Cousin always said New York and I didn't know the difference)
VO: Continue typing for minutes ( my little started crying and I have to picked her up because she refused the mum)
VO: Looked at us for several minutes
VO: please you can't make it for this time try again.
Me: Thank you
VO: She was still looking at us and could not say next immediately as usual

I know I am working in a very comfortable place and I can't see myself running away from Nigeria.
Almost all the kids in my son class have traveled to the US and he has been asking when he is going to New York loll is not not funny. I wanted them go to the UK or SA but my cousin insisted they would give us ohhh.

Guys where is my error.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lanrumaster(m): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
I think he should reapply with the same document but i don't know why he's denied, so i really don't think he should change anything
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
YankeeJJC:
so painful u fell after all the warning. it's either 10years or lifetime ban. Ask the VO's bro. But why cry
Oh you made me check. The fellow that was using a "rich man in uk" that wasn't an agent.

Well, he has learnt his lesson... Maybe lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 10:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
Pelaiye2703:
Please what’s the implication of this? I once gave an guy to have an Ugandan visa on my passport and it hunt me at Abuja embassy. I was in for the interview and they detected it’s a fake visa. The white guy said i won’t have a criminal record but they confiscated my passport and gave me this slip. I was told it will be returned to the Nigeria Immigration. Then i proceed for the proper interview and was handed the blue slip too.
Please for those who have vast experience about what’s the possible implication?

On your visa application, did you indicate you have been to Uganda?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Salmom: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Guys pls o how I do renew my visa.. My profile is as a dependent on my brothers profile but he's not interested in going to going to the US anymore.. I have tried to update my profile that is a dependent on his profile but its not working, ... I created my own personal profile yet still not updating... Pls what do I do
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wabuk(m): 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
adeniyi3971:

yeah...i think I found it thanks.. filling the ds160 tomorrow
I'm going to visit my uncle for summer hols!! YAY!!
Pls and Pls how much is current visa fees I need to pay for the fees
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubomm:
This is the transcript

ME: Working with multinational( mentioned the name) in charge of so and so across Nigeria. She looks amazed
Wifey: Fashion designer, just won major distributorship with so so company running to millions of naira
Me: Confused silence for seconds then New York City( This is because my Cousin always said New York and I didn't know the difference)
VO: Continue typing for minutes ( my little started crying and I have to picked her up because she refused the mum)

I know I am working in a very comfortable place and I can't see myself running away from Nigeria.
Almost all the kids in my son class have traveled to the US and he has been asking when he is going to New York loll is not not funny. I wanted them go to the UK or SA but my cousin insisted they would give us ohhh.

Guys where is my error.
oops sorry. It's good to know where you are going. Albany is the capital of the state of New York. New York is a city in New York. But the VO wicked sha, see as he just set trap for una lol

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by skydude(m): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubomm:
This is the transcript

Guys where is my error.

Why did u not mention this to the vo jokingly, the vo's are mere human like U and I so u should learn to crack some jokes with them

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wabuk(m): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
ozycy:

57,600 the last time I checked
Pls are u serious about it I need to pay for the fees. We pay 64k last 2 month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
wabuk:
Pls are u serious about it I need to pay for the fees. We pay 64k last 2 month

He is not serious about it... check the us site for yourself to be sure.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubomm:

why d VO con dey pity after setting trap undecided. iRyan is correct. Do ur research well and be fully prepared.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aphrikanna: 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hey guys. Una well done o. Please I just want to ask. Do you pay before you fill the ds160 or do you fill the form first before you pay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Kuntos: 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
We filled the form ourselves we even rehearse all our info before going. My husband works in a reputable coy

First troubleshooting question:
Did you use an agent?

If the answer is yes, then this is where the problem may be.
If the answer is no, then I am escalating your case to the gurus of this thread.
[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
skydude:

Why did u not mention this to the vo jokingly, the vo's are mere human like U and I so u should learn to crack some jokes with them
lol I couldn't agree more. I think people need to less rigid in their answers. Every answer prolly now come off ass corny and rehearsed to those VOs, I mean they have heard it all. I read one on here where the person was trying to tell the vo how New York is metropolitan city and all that, the VO cut him short and moved on to the next question. I also read another one where the person told the VO he won the lottery and wanted to go buy goods in America and another one where the person told the VO she wants to go America because one of her friends that have been to America has been rubbing it on her face Lol sounds funny but according to the story their visas was granted. Those answers don't look like what someone will stay up all night to rehearse. Maybe the story would have been different if their intent on wanting to travel was the same as 90% of the applicants in the hall. Sometimes its good to bring your own uniqueness when answering questions during such interview.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
YankeeJJC:
why d VO con dey pity after setting trap undecided. iRyan is correct. Do ur research well and be fully prepared.
That was wicked though. 70% of tourists in New York would fall into the same trap - maybe that was Why he felt pity for them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pelaiye2703(m): 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
TheCongo2:

On your visa application, did you indicate you have been to Uganda?

Yes i did, but truly i didn’t.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Pelaiye2703:

I am confused

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2018
grin cheesy
TheCongo2:

I am confused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2018
You mean you did and didnt or this is a typo?
Pelaiye2703:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pelaiye2703(m): 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
ayenikunle:

I filled that I’ve been to Uganda, but in real life i haven’t.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pelaiye2703(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Oh you made me check. The fellow that was using a "rich man in uk" that wasn't an agent.

Well, he has learnt his lesson... Maybe lipsrsealed

I’m not trying to appraise him. I did the visa before i met him. He’s not involved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by spykid014(f): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
ayenikunle:

he means he filled on his form that he has visited Uganda. Meanwhile, he actually has bot visited Uganda.

So yes, he's accepting he lied /misrepresented in his Visa Application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adeniyi3971(m): 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
wabuk:
Pls and Pls how much is current visa fees I need to pay for the fees

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:41am On Apr 11, 2018
iRyan:
oops sorry. It's good to know where you are going. Albany is the capital of the state of New York. New York is a city in New York. But the VO wicked sha, see as he just set trap for una lol

Just use Lagos as example, a perfect fit.

Lagos State = New York State

Lagos Island = New York City. (A city named for its state)

Ikeja = Albany (the official state capital).

That aside, he was not turned back for not knowing that difference. This is part of my annoyance. Does someone with multimillion naira distributorship going to give that up to go work in the kitchen in US?

Anyway, let me face what brought me here... cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 12:42am On Apr 11, 2018
I miss my vo. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 12:45am On Apr 11, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Just use Lagos as example, a perfect fit.

Lagos State = New York State

Lagos Island = New York City. (A city named for its state)

Ikeja = Albany (the official state capital).

That aside, he was not turned back for not knowing that difference. This is part of my annoyance. Does someone with multimillion naira distributorship going to give that up to go work in the kitchen in US?

Anyway, let me face what brought me here... cool

When someone said I go to New York, it generally means they go to New York City.
This VO was just something else.
If the person is visiting a different part of New York State, they generally provide the name of the place such as Ithaca, New York Or Albany, New YOrk or Watertown, New York.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 1:04am On Apr 11, 2018
cosade:

Were you pregnant when you were denied entry at the PoE?
It's difficult to understand how travelling to the District of Columbia (DC) instead of Maryland would be construed as misuse of visa. Dulles airport, Washington located in Virginia (another neighbouring state), BWI in Maryland and DCA in Washington, DC are natural airports for travellers to Maryland State.

Cosade, you see wetin dey pepper me and vexx me from morning till night. Se you don see am now. grin grin

We need a rotation. They should bring new VOs, these ones don chop belleful for naija.

Me sef wan be VO, what are requirements? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 1:10am On Apr 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

When someone said I go to New York, it generally means they go to New York City.
This VO was just something else.
If the person is visiting a different part of New York State, they generally provide the name of the place such as Ithaca, New York Or Albany, New YOrk or Watertown, New York.

Aahhh, abi o, thank you jare.
These VOs have overstayed their time, they have become Nigerians. Mentalo don enter their body. grin grin

We need fresh ones that we can corrupt anew. By time they sabi wetin happen and get grip at least 50,000 of us don cross border.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chummygirl: 1:17am On Apr 11, 2018
pls guys help a sister here hello Lady G and Co, pls I have a question. Can my uncle who is a US citizen be the sponsor of my mum, myself and my daughter? He wants to invite the three of us over. He has invited my mum and my late dad some years back. Though they spent only 2 weeks and came back to nigeria. pls I need answers becos I no wan go dash embassy money for nothing. thanx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 1:25am On Apr 11, 2018
A pleasant morning to you all... in the light of the use of N.Y. in thebstead of NYC... I have a little issue, ,,, My uncle
lives in Edgemere Queens N.Y..... I took no notice of it and filled in NYC instead of N.Y in My Ds-160 form... pls what should i do pls?.... I am confused.... I no want make VO use ME shine ni... pls help a brother....is it necessary I fill a new Ds-160 form and effect the corrections or I should just leave it that way?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 1:30am On Apr 11, 2018
Osapaul24:
A pleasant morning to you all... in the light of the use of N.Y. in thebstead of NYC... I have a little issue, ,,, My uncle
lives in Edgemere Queens N.Y..... I took no notice of it and filled in NYC instead of N.Y in My Ds-160 form... pls what should i do pls?.... I am confused.... I no want make VO use ME shine ni... pls help a brother....is it necessary I fill a new Ds-160 form and effect the corrections or I should just leave it that way?

You did the right thing and if there is a confusion, you should be able to explain during the interview.
No need to fill a new form.

Queens, New York is NYC (New York City) or NY (New York State). I don't know what is disturbing you.
Any reasonable VO would understand.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.