Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171679 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by wabuk(m): 5:54am On Apr 11, 2018
ayenikunle:

He is not serious about it... check the us site for yourself to be sure.
I don't know there site. That's y I'm asking thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RtdGeneral: 6:54am On Apr 11, 2018
Pesuzok:

Do have any relative in the US, and why did you choose Chicago? I might be wrong, but most first time travellers to US for vacation tend to pick New York or Florida.

Here comes my qtn....Is ones uncle, aunt or nephew regarded as relative, cuz from the USA application website. Relatives are expressly stated. How do one answer a qtn at d interview of one having other relative in the USA in regards to an uncle, aunt or nephew. Thanks

CC:
Seyewest
Lady G
Etc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 6:54am On Apr 11, 2018
wabuk:
I don't know there site. That's y I'm asking thanks
I guess you are using a smart phone with internet connection to post this...

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 7:36am On Apr 11, 2018
Yes ... Other relatives ... There's that option there
RtdGeneral:

Here comes my qtn....Is ones uncle, aunt or nephew regarded as relative, cuz from the USA application website. Relatives are expressly stated. How do one answer a qtn at d interview of one having other relative in the USA in regards to an uncle, aunt or nephew. Thanks

CC:
Seyewest
Lady G
Etc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

You did the right thing and if there is a confusion, you should be able to explain during the interview.
No need to fill a new form.

Queens, New York is NYC (New York City) or NY (New York State). I don't know what is disturbing you.
Any reasonable VO would understand.
Thanks a lot.... I will just chill and figure the best way to answer if which question is directed to Me... thanks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Cosade, you see wetin dey pepper me and vexx me from morning till night. Se you don see am now. grin grin

We need a rotation. They should bring new VOs, these ones don chop belleful for naija.

Me sef wan be VO, what are requirements? cheesy cheesy

Use your influence to tell them to employ your crush nau. She's very competent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2018
Once u change info .. It will be hard to get a us visa ........ What the vo types is being attached to ur data and it will be seen by every vo in the world .. Even if u decide to apply from another country ... Let's learn to be truthful... It's better u tell the truth and get refused .... I was refused 2times ... And I kept filling the same info .. And I got my visa the 3rd time ..
lanrumaster:
Good evening house, a cousin of mine was denied today reason for the denial is still confusing...He owns a hotel and he's sponsoring himself, he's married and the wife is a nurse with a kid...He's only going for 2 weeks vacation..Now he has been denied, when reapplying, will he still fill the same information or is there a need for some things to change....

Does one need to change information after refusal? Or the information is already permanent

@seyewest @LadyG and others please

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2018
U can fill before u pay and vice versa
Aphrikanna:
Hey guys. Una well done o. Please I just want to ask. Do you pay before you fill the ds160 or do you fill the form first before you pay.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2018
chummygirl:
pls guys help a sister here
hello Lady G and Co,
pls I have a question. Can my uncle who is a US citizen be
the sponsor of my mum, myself and my daughter
? He
wants to invite the three of us over. He has invited my
mum and my late dad some years back. Though they
spent only 2 weeks and came back to nigeria. pls I need
answers becos I no wan go dash embassy money for
nothing. thanx

You will assessed on your merits, usually based on your ties to country of residence. The stronger the ties, the better.

If your Uncle sponsoring you meant financing your trip, hmmnn I will advise you not to "dash embassy money for nothing". Your inability to finance your trip is a weak tie.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2018
No implication... Visa fee validity is 1 year .. So u have to u on or before Nov 2018
wunmi38:
Good day all I was speaking with a friend last night and he said he paid his visa since around November 2017 and he has not filled his ds160 till that was now wondering what could be the implication of that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 8:24am On Apr 11, 2018
U have to explain to the vo why u didn't use ur visa the last time ..aside that once u proof you are capable of financing ur trip and u will return after ur proposed visit ... Then u are good to go
imthe1:
Hello all, many thanks for the great works y'all are doing here. I applied and was issued a two year B1/B2 visa while i was in the UK, and was supposed to travel to Newyork before coming back to Nigeria. However, things changed and I didn't visit the US, and the visa has now expired over a year ago. My UK visa also expired earlier this year. I intend to reapply for another B1/B2 visa for a vacation in Jul/Aug. What likely challenge (if any) am i going to face?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2018
cosade:

Use your influence to tell them to employ your crush nau. She's very competent.
Thanks Nwanne. Me need legal side hustle right now. The economy is something else o! Lol

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2018
Osapaul24:

Thanks a lot.... I will just chill and figure the best way to answer if which question is directed to Me... thanks a lot

No need calculating much, Queens is part of New York City as stated above and as filled by you. It in fact holds the two main airports (JFK and LGA) as well as a couple of tourist attractions in NYC too. NYC has five boroughs; Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Staten Island. If NYC is like Lagos Island, the boroughs stated above are inside NYC just like Lagos Island has different key parts too. NYC is a City inside NY State. When you were filling the form, didn't you fill the Zip code that joins the address e.g. Dash Dash Dash, Manhattan, NY 10001?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Salmom: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2018
Salmom:
Guys pls o how I do renew my visa.. My profile is as a dependent on my brothers profile but he's not interested in going to going to the US anymore.. I have tried to update my profile that is a dependent on his profile but its not working, ... I created my own personal profile yet still not updating... Pls what do I do
cc Ladyg, seyewest, omobendel
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
Salmom:

Call the CGI customer care line and ask them to help you do the separation, you can't do it by yourself, they have to do it from their end. Have your international passport and desired email handy while putting the call through....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mjazzy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Good day guys, Please I need some urgent help/advice, my brother just got invitation from a family friend to attend an event in the US, the event is for 12th of May, and we have not applied for the visa yet, is it still possible to get interview appointment this month? If not what do you advice? Are there other means of getting special appointment? A link to the visa application and booking appointment will be appreciated.

CC: OmoBendel24, Seyewest, LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Osapaul24(m): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

No need calculating much, Queens is part of New York City as stated above and as filled by you. It in fact holds the two main airports (JFK and LGA) as well as a couple of tourist attractions in NYC too. NYC has five boroughs; Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Staten Island. If NYC is like Lagos Island, the boroughs stated above are inside NYC just like Lagos Island has different key parts too. NYC is a City inside NY State. When you were filling the form, didn't you fill the Zip code that joins the address e.g. Dash Dash Dash, Manhattan, NY 10001?
I respect you now and always Sir.... you have been really really helpful to My questions so far,..yes I filled a zip code.... Infact it's 11691..... thanks a lot Sir

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blackhercules: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
Good day room ...Please i need help to get a US visa ....my last denial was 2016 (i applied thru an Agent ) but i'd like to do it by myself now . Who can give me advice on how to go about it for Tourist Visa . Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Goons45: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hello house, please I need your help. I booked appointment with my old mrv reference number, please how do I change it to the new one?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

You did the right thing and if there is a confusion, you should be able to explain during the interview.
No need to fill a new form.

Queens, New York is NYC (New York City) or NY (New York State). I don't know what is disturbing you.
Any reasonable VO would understand.

He should research the Borough in New York City he will understand it better

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mjazzy:
Good day guys, Please I need some urgent help/advice, my brother just got invitation from a family friend to attend an event in the US, the event is for 12th of May, and we have not applied for the visa yet, is it still possible to get interview appointment this month? If not what do you advice? Are there other means of getting special appointment? A link to the visa application and booking appointment will be appreciated.

CC: OmoBendel24, Seyewest, LadyG

appointment page is ustraveldocs.com
visa page : ceac.state.gov
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2018
blackhercules:
Good day room ...Please i need help to get a US visa ....my last denial was 2016 (i applied thru an Agent ) but i'd like to do it by myself now . Who can give me advice on how to go about it for Tourist Visa . Thanks

Stress too much for naija so it's understandable if you need visa but what do you need the visa for... do you wanna migrate to U.S?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blackhercules: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2018
seyewest:
Yes i want to migrate thru Tourist visa......@sayewest ,i'm waiting ur reply

Stress too much for naija so it's understandable if you need visa but what do you need the visa for... do you wanna migrate to U.S?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
Send an email to suppport@ustraveldocs.com
Salmom:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BreeKoko(f): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
Silent reader here!!! Been following this forum since April 2017.. I Always look forward to justwise comment especially in d UK visa section, seyewest and babaR una be case study,cosade and madam of d house I greet u LadyG emirate ticket... I just wan share my transcript even though I don go US comeback since March....

Transcript/ interview Jan 4th,2018 9:30am longest interview ever

Vo: goodmorning

Mesadwith a smile) good morning

Vo:passport please

I nor talk I just give am dey look like jjc
He drop passport begin type

Vo: your going to the US?

Me:yes I'm going to the US

Vo: so where are you visiting?

Me: I'm going on a tour with Bleep bla bla in roswell,Georgia

Vo:oh Atlanta

Me: yes Atlanta,Georgia

Vo: what do you do?

Me: I work as an accountant with bla bla.

Vo:how much do you earn?

Me: as at when i filled the form october it was bla bla

Stopped typing and looked at me
Vo: are you married?

Me: (smiling) yes ,I'm happily married with two kids
Meanwhile, I nor wear ring for hand o I left it at home

Vo:how old are they?

Me: my son will be bla this January and my daughter bla February

Continued typing
Vo:have you travelled before?

Me: yes I've been on a m-trip with my son to india and vac to Abu Dhabi also with my son all in 2015

Opened passport checked visas dropped passport and continue typing then stopped and looked at me again
Vo:so are you chartered?

Mesadi wasnt expecting that nai i burst laugh o"lobatan) no I'm not, I wish I was but I'm not.

The guy sef nor fit help am he start to laugh for him mind see "olodo�

Vo: your visa has been approved bla bla, the rest I nor hear again.

At the port of entry
Imm officer: where are you gonna be staying Here in Atlanta

Me: bla bla hotel, in Roswell

Imm officer: and your here on a visit?

Me: I'm here on a tour with bla bla

Imm officer: how long is the tour?

Me: its a one day tour but I have list of other centers I want to tour

Imm officer: how long are you staying?

Me: my ticket is for 1month

Stamp my Pp wrote august their ,nai I waka enter o...
My advice na to just be natural ,dress well and tell the truth that's all I can say... No need for all those suit n plenty native.

Going for part two soon with my family , to apply for the program that made me go on the tour, will share the transcript after the interview or when i don return from the program when time permit�
The wahala now be say
Ive been reading this forum nobody don go this kin my program or tour no expo at all on what to expect for part two... Na so so conference���� and Florida��

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RtdGeneral: 6:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
Please on ones salary as a self-employed. Do one state the average net profit as monthly income or the amount paid to self as salary from the business net profit. Note that almost all, if not every entrepreneur, disregards salary payment to self. We just dey spent dey go but cautious of not to spend more than the profit and in most cases only sacrifice on times of needing some cash to diversify or boost business. Please advise on what to quote as salary...
Remember no payslip but the business is striving.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoAje1: 9:11pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Please I need your advise. I renewed my US visa through Dropbox 3 months ago. The visa was granted. I was called this week from US consulate Lagos to come for interview without telling me to come with my passport or any other documents. I was convinced because visa was affixed inside my passport already. What documents do I need to go along with. Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2018
RtdGeneral:
Please on ones salary as a self-employed. Do one state the average net profit as monthly income or the amount paid to self as salary from the business net profit. Note that almost all, if not every entrepreneur, disregards salary payment to self. We just dey spent dey go but cautious of not to spend more than the profit and in most cases only sacrifice on times of needing some cash to diversify or boost business. Please advise on what to quote as salary...
Remember no payslip but the business is striving.

If your business is operated as a limited liability company, then your income is the addition of your salary and divideds received out of profit. However, if it's a business name then the profit for the year is your income.

Yearly income is divided by twelve to arrive at your monthly income.

By the way, as a good citizen that meet up with his tax obligations your yearly income is already reflected on your last Tax Clearance Certificate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
OmoAje1:
Hello Everyone,

Please I need your advise. I renewed my US visa through Dropbox 3 months ago. The visa was granted. I was called this week from US consulate Lagos to come for interview without telling me to come with my passport or any other documents. I was convinced because visa was affixed inside my passport already. What documents do I need to go along with. Thank you all.

Since you were not told to bring any document, then you shouldn't bother yourself. If you have not misused your visa in the past and no misrepresentation, then you have nothing to worry about.

But sha, know that visa can be cancelled/revoked without the passport having the visa stamp.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by imthe1: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
princeofdworld:
U have to explain to the vo why u didn't use ur visa the last time ..aside that once u proof you are capable of financing ur trip and u will return after ur proposed visit ... Then u are good to go
Thanks! Will put up an application shortly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by soleexx(m): 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
I need quick response pls...in ma visa documents...its state I'm traveling to Florida...can I get ticket going to newyork instead...will dey query me at POE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Are84(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
Good day house,

Is it possible for a married man to get a B1/B2 visa hoping to go on vacation alone without his wife and kids?

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.