Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171510 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mariobalotelli09: 10:55am On Apr 26, 2018
Chuchunana:

waiting time for what?

Means after applying for visa. The time u wait before it gets to ur turn for interview at the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 11:04am On Apr 26, 2018
ceny6:
good morning everyone, pls i want to ask a question. has anyone tried going to USA embassy in cotonou? i ask this because their waiting time is 9 days compaired to that of lagos (119) and abuja (51). i have a conference in MIami in june and with the waiting time in Lagos i may not beat the deadline. please can anyone be of assistance?
try Abuja. Early dates come ups lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by akeentech(m): 11:44am On Apr 26, 2018
As expected, I did my interview today at US embassy Lagos.

VO(Black Lady): Your passport pls

Me: Gave her my passport
VO: Why are you going to Us
Me: For a vacation
VO: where in USA?
Me: California
VO: why California
ME: my cousin lives there and he invited me
VO: Have u traveled outside Nigeria b4?
Me: No
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes with a kid
VO: SON OR DAUGHTER
Me: daughter
VO: Where are you working
Me: So so nd so as a manager
VO: typing...
VO: unfortunately you cannot travel this time you will find the reason in this sheet(blue sheet)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by doyinwbaby: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
My parents had their interview this morning....9.30am.

Transcript below. Knowing my father na professor of explanation(lol) and go over-talk; i don warn am...Daddy don't talk unless you are asked. And answer only what you are asked. Keep it short and simple. Infact pls ehn, Let mummy do the talking. He agreed.

VO: Give me your passports
(Mum hands over their passports)
VO: YOU married?
Dad: Ahan, old people like us wont be married? Of cos married!
(Mum pinched dad)
VO: Whats your purpose in the US
Mum: Visit and Vacation
VO: Are you staying in hotel?
Mum: NO, we are staying with my husband's cousin in maryland
VO: (Opens my mum's passport) You go to UK ALOT!
Mum: Yes, my firstborn lives there so i visit alot
VO: (Turns to Dad) What do you do sir?
Dad: Hahahahahahahahaha!! Old papa like ME? i'm a retiree naaa. HAHAHAHAHa at 70 years old? Hahahahahaa!
(Mum sighs, she didn't find it funny. lol)
VO: (Turns to mom) And you ma'am?
Mum: Also retired
VO: How many kids do you have?
Mum: SIX children
VO: (typing) All in nigeria?
Mum: Yes except the firstborn in UK
VO: (Turns to dad) How many grandkids do you have?
Dad: AHHH many many many (BABA could not remember the exact number lol)
Mum helped him out and answered.
VO: starts laughing...brings white paper, circles collection center. pick up visa in 2days.
Dad: You gave us just one paper, we are two now!!
VO: You are together so you need just one paper.
Dad: How about our passports? (This time, my mom was already at the inner door signalling my father to leave, he no answer)
VO: (patiently explains) we would need to stamp your passports but you will receive a text when its ready for collection.
Dad: (he leaves grumbling that they didn't even ask for all the documents he took the pains of printing and packing there) All the way from *** state, we will come back again in 2days.
VO calls him back and explains he can do collection by proxy.
Dad: FANTASTIC! Thank you!
Mum said she was feeling bad for the people he was delaying, cos they had like three people on the queue already for the same VO. LMAO.

It was an eventful morning!! Thanks everyone! This thread has been very helpful.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
Your Dad is very funny o, congrats to both of them retirees. LMAO
doyinwbaby:
My parents had their interview this morning....9.30am.

Transcript below. Knowing my father na professor of explanation(lol) and go over-talk; i don warn am...Daddy don't talk unless you are asked. And answer only what you are asked. Keep it short and simple. Infact pls ehn, Let mummy do the talking. He agreed.

VO: Give me your passports
(Mum hands over their passports)
VO: YOU married?
Dad: Ahan, old people like us wont be married? Of cos married!
(Mum pinched dad)
VO: Whats your purpose in the US
Mum: Visit and Vacation
VO: Are you staying in hotel?
Mum: NO, we are staying with my husband's cousin in maryland
VO: (Opens my mum's passport) You go to UK ALOT!
Mum: Yes, my firstborn lives there so i visit alot
VO: (Turns to Dad) What do you do sir?
Dad: Hahahahahahahahaha!! Old papa like ME? i'm a retiree naaa. HAHAHAHAHa at 70 years old? Hahahahahaa!
(Mum sighs, she didn't find it funny. lol)
VO: (Turns to mom) And you ma'am?
Mum: Also retired
VO: How many kids do you have?
Mum: SIX children
VO: (typing) All in nigeria?
Mum: Yes except the firstborn in UK
VO: (Turns to dad) How many grandkids do you have?
Dad: AHHH many many many (BABA could not remember the exact number lol)
Mum helped him out and answered.
VO: starts laughing...brings white paper, circles collection center. pick up visa in 2days.
Dad: You gave us just one paper, we are two now!!
VO: You are together so you need just one paper.
Dad: How about our passports? (This time, my mom was already at the inner door signalling my father to leave, he no answer)
VO: (patiently explains) we would need to stamp your passports but you will receive a text when its ready for collection.
Dad: (he leaves grumbling that they didn't even ask for all the documents he took the pains of printing and packing there) All the way from *** state, we will come back again in 2days.
VO calls him back and explains he can do collection by proxy.
Dad: FANTASTIC! Thank you!
Mum said she was feeling bad for the people he was delaying, cos they had like three people on the queue already for the same VO. LMAO.

It was an eventful morning!! Thanks everyone! This thread has been very helpful.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Had my interview today @ 8:00am in Lagos.

Got my first B1/B2 visa in October 2015 for vacation and later used it to birth my baby in August 2016. Entered Texas June 25th, 2016 and spent 4months and 2weeks. No change of intent letter but I declared at the point of entry. Didn't know about zero balance or itemized billing until I read it here. Went into panic mode and started making calls.

Fast forward to my interview
VO: Good morning and please pass your passport.
Me: Good morning (Passes passport)
VO: Where in the US are you going?
Me: Orlando, Florida.
VO: Do you have anybody in Florida.
Me: No, but I have in other states.
VO: That means you're going to Disney.
Me: Yes
VO: Is anyone going with you.
Me:Yes my daughter.
VO: Have you travelled before (he saw my previous visa o)
Me: Yes 2ce to the US
VO: What did you go there for?
Me: 1st for vacation 3weeks and the 2nd time for child birth 4months
VO: Okay, I see you have paid( don't know what he meant), do you have your receipts and can I see them.
Me: Yes I do (Passes everything include expenditure sheet, receipts, zero balance, itemized bill)
VO: flips through not scrutinized though, hands them back. What does your husband do?
Me: he's into farming and blablabla
VO: Does he have a valid US visa
VO: Will he be traveling with you.
VO: Why is he not going with you.
Me: This is planting season for him so he would not be available for travel.
VO: Why not wait till he's available
Me: My annual leave is during summer so I won't be available when he's ready.
VO: What does your husband do? ( Was surprised since I had stated it earlier.
Me: repeated same thing I said before.
VO: okay, make sure you have your receipts with you when traveling. Pick up your visa at your choosen place . Have a nice day
Me: thank you and have a nice day too.

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by koksybrown: 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
Pesuzok:

You did not miss it anywhere, but since it's for vacation, why not apply for a schegen visa and tour most countries in Europe. With one visa you can have travel history for Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, etc. That would be one hell of a vacation
Pls can you elaborate on this One visa and visiting different europe countries. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by teechedah: 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
Do they chech documents nowadays in US interview instead of wasting time and resources to print?Just wanted to confirm.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
ceny6:
good morning everyone, pls i want to ask a question. has anyone tried going to USA embassy in cotonou? i ask this because their waiting time is 9 days compaired to that of lagos (119) and abuja (51). i have a conference in MIami in june and with the waiting time in Lagos i may not beat the deadline. please can anyone be of assistance?

You can only apply for visa in your country of residence (with residence permit) or country of origin. The only exception is, if the foreign mission is responsible for either of the two countries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HUKELUKE: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hello House,

A friend returned from US interview and was given the attached two documents.

Please i need further explanations if this person can re-apply again after getting a new passport as advised by the verification officer.

I need info please.

Thanks
Luke

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
HUKELUKE:

Hello House,

Please i need further explanations if this person can re-apply again after getting a new passport as advised by the verification officer.

I need info please.

Thanks
Luke

(You're lucky), sorry he's lucky he was not handed over to the law enforcement agents.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HUKELUKE: 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
cosade:

(You're lucky), sorry he's lucky he was not handed over to the law enforcement agents.

I think he fell into some of these Agents......
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
HUKELUKE:

Hello House,

I need info please.

Thanks
Luke
No, your "friend" should not bother applying again. He's extremely lucky he wasn't even arrested

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HUKELUKE: 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
MamaOO:

No, your "friend" should not bother applying again. He's extremely lucky he wasn't even arrested

OHHH very badd... Does that mean he has been banned ? or what....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
ceny6:

Is your ties in Benin Rep and I'm not sure how you will make the payment in Benin Rep but keep us updated about how you go about it.... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ashabiola:

Thank you so much. Do you know anyone that has done it that way before? Getting an employment visa from the US directly to Nigeria and was able to travel? Getting it is not a problem in his case but to be sure it is allowed. I will share the transcript later
Yes. If he gets it when in the U.S he may have to leave the U.S and reenter after his employer/USCIS are done processing his work visa. Depending on the circumstance..., he may adjust his visa staus from B1/B2 to H1b without having to leave the U.S. as long as his stay on his b2 visa is till valid...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by HUKELUKE: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
MamaOO:

How will he know if he is banned or not ? please i need info
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
koksybrown:

Pls can you elaborate on this One visa and visiting different europe countries. Thanks
One schegen visa enables you to visit all member countries.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 4:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
abidakgeo:
We attended our interview last week and we were denied, here is my transcript.
vo... where are you going
me....New York
vo....Why are you going to New York?
me... We are traveling to spend my forthcoming annual leave together for family vacation, we we use the opportunity to celebrate my wife birthday by visiting her most desire tourist destination which include empire state building, brooklyn bridge..............................
vo.......Where are you working?
me.......I work with xxxxxx as a Lecturer in the Department of xxxxxxxxx and as a professional, i also engage in private practice where i own, monitor and coordinate every activities of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
vo.......How long have you been working ?
me...... by 7th of august i will be 6 years
vo to my wife......You are a fashion designer
wife.........yes
vo.........Do you have a building or a shop?
wife .......A building and beside not just a fashion designer but skill acquisition center where we are into xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
vo...........How much do you make monthly after tax?
wife......... It ranges between 270k to 300k
vo........300k
wife..........yes
vo.............How many staff do you have?
wife..........12
vo back to me, what level are you teaching
me..........200 and 300 level
vo..........where have you been working before becoming a lecturer ?
me........ I was practicing as a professional Geologist
vo.........Has anyone of you travel out of the country before ?
me and wife ........no
vo.........Any kid at all ?
me and wife..........No kid
vo typed and later said today your visa wont be granted, applied another time.
Please guru in the house, seyewest, babaramota, strongwoman of the house lady G, and all others, i need you to look closely into my case and help me out because this morning i got correspondence that i will be sponsor by TETFUND for conference later in the year and i don't want to miss the rare opportunity and if possible i still intends using the opportunity for family vacation and tourism with my wife as i will sponsor my wife trip while TETFUND will sponsor my trip. Where did we miss the last interview and what can we do before reapplying ?

grin see as I don upgrade. cheesy cheesy. I don become vo.

OP,
Thanks for inviting my input. The best inputs will come from experienced hands in here...seye, omobendel, cosade, thecongo, ati bebe lo...

I could address this from legal standpoint but after weeks of observations Im getting that muvh of the decisions are personal opinion or 'discretion' of the VO as long the decision does not contradict the statutes of US Immigration law. The law has many interpretations, I read it already.....and the VOs therefore take advantage to roam broadly within the range. So no need to give legal opinion, however i issue you my objective recommendation below, bulleted.

* you were a geologist and changed career to teach.
Any research/scholarship work or peer reviewed publications? For someone in your field this is your biggest asset. Many Nigerian teachers migrate illegally to US. By way of Law, you failed to counter the assumption that you are a potential migrant. By way of situational judgement, you also failed to hint the VO that you are an asset to the academic community.

* your wife has a brighter and solid ties to get you approved. She is into Community Development and Youth Empowerement (Skills Acquisition). Is she on any government programms for Youth and Cultural Development? If not get her on one at State Level and apply for State Funding. States fund skill acquisition on a per head intervention money. Once you have this registration and funding you can penetrate into LGs and recruit from the street. Attend State and LG functions for Youth programmes. Keep records. Next time you go to see a VO take these records to "show and tell".

* the team of husband and wife, .....teacher and youth developer.....can even register with the USIC for Student or Youth Exchange Programme between Nigeria and US.

* if you reside in Lagos look into something called Lagos - Atlanta Sister City Exchange Programme.

Now, before I wrap up.... kindly ask LadyG what she thinks of my input. grin grin.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
HUKELUKE:

Hello House,

I need info please.

Thanks
Luke

It's simple there's a fake Tanzania visa on the passport and you or your friend has been ban by U.S Consulate.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
HUKELUKE:

How will he know if he is banned or not ? please i need info

Bros don't stress yourself .... You can't enter U.S for now maybe for 10-15 yrs.... you're lucky you're not in Ikoyi/VI police cell.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
seyewest:

It's simple [b]there's a fake Tanzania visa on the passport [/b]and you or your friend has been ban by U.S Consulate.

Now how did you know that with just those posted documents?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Now how did you know that with just those posted documents?

but it's simple now..... there's a fake Tanzania visa and Nigeria Immigration Service stamp in his passport and it was written boldly on the fraud sheet.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jamesgordon: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2018
seyewest:

Bros don't stress yourself .... You can't enter U.S for now maybe for 10-15 yrs.... you're lucky you're not in Ikoyi/VI police cell.

Desperation has driven people to get themselves a long ban for doing the wrong thing. This ban might likely not only be from the US but other countries that share immigration information with the US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2018
HUKELUKE:

Hello House,

I need info please.

Thanks
Luke

The passport had a fake TAnzanian Entry Permission as well as a fake Nigerian Immigration Stamp(s). US is overhyped I keep saying it. In as much as its is more developed and sophisticated than Nigeria I dont think it is worth faking travel history and all that. No need being
overly desperate and carving out things.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
akeentech:

VO: unfortunately you cannot travel this time you will find the reason in this sheet(blue sheet)

White women respond to logic. Black women respond to attitude and feelings. Next time flash a smile and flirt small with her....if she no give you visa tell Buhari to send EFCC come get me. grin

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 6:36pm On Apr 26, 2018
HUKELUKE:

Hello House,

I need info please.

Thanks
Luke
A woman got 212(a)(6)(C)(1) for saying she has traveled to the U.K without leaving Nigeria. grin grin she said the oyinbo told her that she will be contacted by mail if a waiver is granted on her behalf. Chaiiii Agents eeeeeeeh dem don put people for trouble. Funny enough this agents doesn't have a U.S visa. Agents Wey never go Ghana. Na to dey watch oyinbo film remain

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
akeentech:

they don't believe anybody will come back except u have a successful U.K travel history. Sorry tho!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by akeentech(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
YankeeJJC:
they don't believe anybody will come back except u have a successful U.K travel history. Sorry tho!
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
@Babaramota aka the Stingy tongue
You are getting there.. cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
YankeeJJC:

Untrue

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.