Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176490 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 3:46am On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

This is confusing, was there no real cash in the statement of account you provided at your interview? Did you get your visa issued?

You need to use that visa BEFORE May 4, which is in 6 days.

shocked shocked. 6days? Wont they turn him back at their border of entry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayopaul84(m): 4:15am On Apr 29, 2018
Hey guys. i need an urgent help!

I completed my DS 160 form and scheduled an appointment early this month. On the query that reads 'Person/Entity paying for your trip', I interpreted the trip to me airfare and filled in 'self'. i later got to know they are actually asking for who is sponsoring my study.

I have a PhD admission with GTA and feel I should have filled in my school name instead.

While surfing the net, I saw two sets ofinformation
(i) that I can complete another DS160 and bring it the new confirmation page along to the interview.
(ii) that I can complete a new DS 160 form and update my code on the Visa Application profile and then print a new appointment page.

My inquiries

(1) Pls, is any of the above possible without affecting my appointment schedule.
(2) Do they apply to Nigeria applicants as what the info i got was provided on an Indian page.

I need an urgent response pls.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nosamj: 5:00am On Apr 29, 2018
Am working here in UAE my salary is 1300d.. Am planing to spend my vacation in Nigeria soon, i have apply for US turism visa in 2017 but it was rejected, so now am plainning to reapply when am in Nigeria this year.. pls i need your advice.. should I apply here or in Nigeria.. abeg make una answer me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by efiembo: 5:58am On Apr 29, 2018
emekamacelo:
he said will will reply me today or tomorrow as immigration don't open on sunday, he also gave me contact code that i will use in emailing them and he said he has informed them about me. my question is any aware, with any information to all i've written here. i want to comfirm if all he said is true. thanks. plz someone should reply asap. gi

Na better scam he that

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samsonobas: 7:04am On Apr 29, 2018
Pls how long does it take for Administrative processing.My passport was collected on thursday for Administrative processing.Does it mean my B1 visa has been granted
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nosamj: 7:40am On Apr 29, 2018
nosamj:
Am working here in UAE my salary is 1300d.. Am planing to spend my vacation in Nigeria soon, i have apply for US turism visa in 2017 but it was rejected, so now am plainning to reapply when am in Nigeria this year.. pls i need your advice.. should I apply here or in Nigeria..
I mean is it advisable for me to apply for the visa while am in Nigeria, has Any one did the same thing and got there visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vitrendy4eva: 8:14am On Apr 29, 2018
You can make changes I think up to 72hrs before your appointment. Go to your profile on cgifederal.secure.force.com, and uodate your profile with your new ds-160 number. Reprint the appointment confirmation and take this new one along to your interview. You can also send an email to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com, and inform them you'd like to replace your old ds-160 with a new one(quote the numbers of both ds-160 forms).
ayopaul84:
Hey guys. i need an urgent help!

I completed my DS 160 form and scheduled an appointment early this month. On the query that reads 'Person/Entity paying for your trip', I interpreted the trip to me airfare and filled in 'self'. i later got to know they are actually asking for who is sponsoring my study.

I have a PhD admission with GTA and feel I should have filled in my school name instead.

While surfing the net, I saw two sets ofinformation
(i) that I can complete another DS160 and bring it the new confirmation page along to the interview.
(ii) that I can complete a new DS 160 form and update my code on the Visa Application profile and then print a new appointment page.

My inquiries

(1) Pls, is any of the above possible without affecting my appointment schedule.
(2) Do they apply to Nigeria applicants as what the info i got was provided on an Indian page.

I need an urgent response pls.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
nosamj:
Am working here in UAE my salary is 1300d.. Am planing to spend my vacation in Nigeria soon, i have apply for US turism visa in 2017 but it was rejected, so now am plainning to reapply when am in Nigeria this year.. pls i need your advice.. should I apply here or in Nigeria.. abeg make una answer me

Bolded
That is just about $350 per month.

I don't think a job of $350 per month in a foreign country would be seen as a strong tie.

Accommodation and air ticket would cost minimum of your four months' salary, not to talk of shopping.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ShowYourCertificate: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
benolala:
Yes, USCIS are good at detecting fraud marriage.

If your situation is true they don't wish to break families.

Never engage in fraud marriage because it's the very US citizen that will give up the person in the end. If it's real love there is nothing to be worried about like I said things happen no one knows tomorrow. Most time the problem is that when asking for US visa those not married will say they are married to position themselves with stronger ties. Misrepresentation

It's not against the law to travel with your B1/B2 visa as the fiancee visa application does not guarantee an immigration status yet.

Thanks so much.

Got to the States yesterday. No issues at all at the POE. Was asked the same questions I was asked the last time. They didn't even search my luggage despite declaring I had food items. The CBP officer only asked to know the name of the food item which I obliged.

No questions concerning my fiancee visa application. It was a very smooth entry smiley

My appreciation to benolala, babaramota1980, omobendel24 and seyewest for their assistance. I'm much grateful.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwarichie(m): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
Pls house I need cheap ticket to the U.S. anyone please it's quite urgent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SexyDuby(f): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
oluwarichie:
Search your itinerary on travelstart.com
You can also play around with the dates to get cheaper deals.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2018
nosamj:

Sorry to say this but working in UAE while you're not a citizen of UAE will make it hard for you to get a U.S Visa because you've established a preference to migrate and work in a foreign land and which may happen if you travel to U.S ... so the question is where is your ties and why are you not applying from UAE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benolala(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
ShowYourCertificate:
Thanks so much.

Got to the States yesterday. No issues at all at the POE. Was asked the same questions I was asked the last time. They didn't even search my luggage despite declaring I had food items. The CBP officer only asked to know the name of the food item which I obliged.

No questions concerning my fiancee visa application. It was a very smooth entry smiley

My appreciation to benolala, babaramota1980, omobendel24 and seyewest for their assistance. I'm much grateful.

Thank God for journey mercies.
You are welcome
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
seyewest:

Sorry to say this but working in UAE while you're not a citizen of UAE will make it hard for you to get a U.S Visa because you've established a preference to migrate and work in a foreign land and which may happen if you travel to U.S ... so the question is where is your ties and why are you not applying from UAE?

If the job is very financially rewarding, it can be a strong tie even to the foreign land. I know of Nigerians working in Ghana that obtain their US visas in Ghana.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 12:03am On Apr 30, 2018
My people I hail oooo. Finally am done with my application and submission. Thanks all for your contributions.
Please my interview date is few days before my departure date I filled in my form, will it affect my visa approval. Purpose of visit vacation with spouse. Thanks for your usual response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by angeland(f): 2:36am On Apr 30, 2018
You guys don't understand what i meant! i claimed i was single when i applied in 2014, that was one of the reasons i was denied, now on the application form for next week interview an claiming am married,and i have a 2yrs uk valid visa. so what are my chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by angeland(f): 2:45am On Apr 30, 2018
OmoBendel24:

So?

What exactly is the urgent help needed now?

I was denied visa because i was single, now am applying as a married lady and i have 2 valid UK visa, so what are my chances!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 3:10am On Apr 30, 2018
angeland:
You guys don't understand what i meant! i claimed i was single when i applied in 2014, t hat was one of the reasons i was denied , now on the application form for next week interview an claiming am married,and i have a 2yrs uk valid visa. so what are my chances?

How do you know it was the reason you were denied the visa? Did they tell you that was the reason or you are just guessing?
As for what are your chances, no one knows your chances but the father in Heaven.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by angeland(f): 3:42am On Apr 30, 2018
So what you guys are saying is that i should maintain my status which is single on which i was denied, UK gave me 2yrs Visa based my finances and assets. Since my status has not changed, is likely i might be deny. So is a crime to be single or What? OK fine. As a middle aged single applicant who are my chances of getting US Visa since my profile still remains the same? I have changed back to single! I want to submit the application tomorrow, so what should i do next?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 3:49am On Apr 30, 2018
angeland:
So what you guys are saying is that i should maintain my status which is single on which i was denied, UK gave me 2yrs Visa based my finances and assets. Since my status has not changed, is likely i might be deny. So is a crime to be single or What? OK fine. As a middle aged single applicant who are my chances of getting US Visa since my profile still remains the same? I have changed back to single! I want to submit the application tomorrow, so what should i do next?

Put the truth on your application.
And you are the only one here who knows the truth.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeahmee: 4:36am On Apr 30, 2018
Is it advisable to attached four passports together because the latest passport doesn't have a visa but the others have visas. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 7:56am On Apr 30, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
My people I hail oooo. Finally am done with my application and submission. Thanks all for your contributions.
Please my interview date is few days before my departure date I filled in my form, will it affect my visa approval. Purpose of visit vacation with spouse. Thanks for your usual response

MY PEOPLE I HAIL OOOO
PLEASE AS STILL EXPECTING YOUR RESPONSE O
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by princeofdworld: 8:08am On Apr 30, 2018
Give me your date of teavel
oluwarichie:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chima1978: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2018
Hello everyone, good morning.

I have read the whole thread and previous ones and I can say I was able to get quite a lot of my questions answered.

However, there is just one obstacle that keeps bugging me. I want to apply for a US tourist visa. I was denied in 2009 when I was in the UK as full time grad student and I only had a part time job. I could understand then why I was refused a tourist visa.

My sister is a US citizen, she lives there and she got her citizenship as she was the 1st set of people who won the visa lottery when it first started I believe in 1996.

How can I overcome the fact that I have a sister in the US that is a citizen? I just want to go for my annual leave. I go to the UK all the time, I've also been to France.

Any form of advise will be greatly appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by femmy2010(m): 9:25am On Apr 30, 2018
angeland:
please guys i need your help urgently! I applied for US visa in 2014 and was denied, i was profiled, that is , am single, no child, so no strong ties. Currently i have 2 years UK Visa which will expires in March 2019. I have apply for US Visa on which am schedule to attend interview on 7th of May.Although i claimed am married on the application form but am still single!

Claiming you are married na wahala.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by femmy2010(m): 9:34am On Apr 30, 2018
angeland:

Is going to the USA a do or die thing ?
If I were you I won't lie .
Simply go for the interview and be truthful .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by femmy2010(m): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2018
angeland:

Are you single or married? Your real marital status
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by teechedah: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2018
Got to Us embassy for Interview today.Its was crowded as usual.I & my wife were denied. Alot of people got denied even if you have travel history.They granted most of the elderly people today.So sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2018
teechedah:
Got to Us embassy for Interview today.Its was crowded as usual.I & my wife were denied. Alot of people got denied even if you have travel history.They granted most of the elderly people today.So sad
Sorry tho! people are getting B2 to migrate to Canada. It's now hard to convince the VO's, married or not. They don't believe anybody. Post your transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by teechedah: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2018
Am thinking of processing Canada now maybe i will be favoured,I will go to any schengen country first before applying to Canada or Us again.But funny enough, travel history doesnt matter,It only give u good edge over other.
YankeeJJC:
Sorry tho! people are getting B2 to migrate to Canada. It's now hard to convince the VO's, married or not. They don't believe anybody. Post your transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2018
chima1978:

I have read the whole thread and previous ones and I can say I was able to get quite a lot of my questions answered.

However, there is just one obstacle that keeps bugging me. I want to apply for a US tourist visa. I was denied in 2009 when I was in the UK as full time grad student and I only had a part time job. I could understand then why I was refused a tourist visa.

My sister is a US citizen, she lives there and she got her citizenship as she was the 1st set of people who won the visa lottery when it first started I believe in 1996.

How can I overcome the fact that I have a sister in the US that is a citizen? I just want to go for my annual leave. I go to the UK all the time, I've also been to France.

It appears you have good travel history, your ties becomes stronger if you have a stable job and/or thriving business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2018
chima1978:

My wife has siblings in US that are lawful residents, she has never been denied visa because of this. The fact that you have not misused your UK visa is a strength.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.