Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1178562 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
My USA Visit VISA would expire in about 6 months. I really desire to study there, is there a chance that if I go my visit visa could be converted to study visa?

The reason I am not considering applying for a study visa is because of the time, and strict requiremnts.

Please advice.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 11:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
Smile4mee01:
My USA Visit VISA would expire in about 6 months. I really desire to study there, is there a chance that if I go my visit visa could be converted to study visa?

The reason I am not considering applying for a study visa is because of the time, and strict requiremnts.

Please advice.

Yes you can switch a visit visa to a student visa but on Nairaland we are strongly against that given that it perpetrates a bad image of us as Nigerians.
You will have to lie at the POE that you are coming for a short visit while hidding the real motif of your trip.

What makes you think that a Student visa is hard to get? Since you have the funds, you will get a Student visa especially given the fact that you already have a visit visa.

What if the immigration denied to change your visit visa to a Student visa? You will be screwed.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 6:43am On Apr 28, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

God bless your ancestors for birthing a smart someborry. cheesy grin cheesy

He's looking for my details
First Name: Lady
Surname : Guinivere
Date of travel 01/07/18
grin

grin cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 7:09am On Apr 28, 2018
A friend of mine just told me he got denied. It puzzles me as this guy had travelled to a Schengen State before. He's married with a son and is working in a government organisation (for over 6 years and counting).

He was to go to the States for a training that has already been sponsored.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pauloot(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2018
Have interview to attend next week to visit US with my wife and 3 kids for 2 weeks. Me and my wife are both bankers. Good salary! My only travel history is Ghana and Benin. What's our chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2018
LegitBachelor:
A friend of mine just told me he got denied. It puzzles me as this guy had travelled to a Schengen State before. He's married with a son and is working in a government organisation (for over 6 years and counting).

He was to go to the States for a training that has already been sponsored.
Has he previously applied for a US visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by angeland(f): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2018
please guys i need your help urgently! I applied for US visa in 2014 and was denied, i was profiled, that is , am single, no child, so no strong ties. Currently i have 2 years UK Visa which will expires in March 2019. I have apply for US Visa on which am schedule to attend interview on 7th of May.Although i claimed am married on the application form but am still single!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:40am On Apr 28, 2018
angeland:
please guys i need your help urgently! I applied for US visa in 2014 and was denied, i was profiled, that is , am single, no child, so no strong ties. Currently i have 2 years UK Visa which will expires in March 2019. I have apply for US Visa on which am schedule to attend interview on 7th of May.Although i claimed am married on the application form but am still single!

So?

What exactly is the urgent help needed now?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2018
angeland:

What do you want guys to help you with knowing that you already lied?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2018
ayenikunle:

What do you want guys to help you with knowing that you already lied?

I can't help but post my laughter grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Lemme coman be going.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:41am On Apr 28, 2018
angeland:
please guys i need your help urgently! I applied for US visa in 2014 and was denied, i was profiled, that is , am single, no child, so no strong ties. Currently i have 2 years UK Visa which will expires in March 2019. I have apply for US , on which am schedule to attend interview on 7th of May. Although i claimed am married on the application form but am still single!

I advise you not to appear desperate and stupid. Quickly complete another form and be truthful.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 11:42am On Apr 28, 2018
Pesuzok:

Has he previously applied for a US visa?
No, this was his very first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
LegitBachelor:
No, this was his very first.

Which agent did he use?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Pauloot:
Have interview to attend next week to visit US with my wife and 3 kids for 2 weeks. Me and my wife are both bankers. Good salary! My only travel history is Ghana and Benin. What's our chances?

They can give it a try but why not try another country and build your ties?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
angeland:

Change it back to single and lie no more.... U.S visa is not by force.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
seyewest:

Change it back to single and lie no more.... U.S visa is not by force.

Are you telling him "Go and sin no more" like in John 8:11 ?
You are now derailing the thread with your preaching grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by signature2012(m): 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
angeland:
I dont just know how you humans think.I believe you must have read this thread before now but still think you should lie about you marital status when filing you DS160.

Let me also ask you,what do you want us to do @bolded?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LegitBachelor: 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
TheCongo2:

Which agent did he use?
He didn't use any agent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dinocarex(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dinocarex:
Living in the States undocumented for now. Any link to Canada? Since the immigratiom officers are on my neck.

OYO Lowa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Dinocarex(m): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
seyewest:

OYO Lowa

hahahaha. osheeey omo iya
Thats appreciated.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dinocarex:
Living in the States undocumented for now. Any link to Canada? Since the immigratiom officers are on my neck.

Why can't you go back to Nigeria? You can cross over to Canada but it will just be as difficult for you to get permanent resident status. Most likely you may find yourself deported 5 years from now.
Then you will be back to square one.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by gentleiphy: 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dinocarex:

Google is your friend...i mean for the link to Canada.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 9:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
Smile4mee01:

Please advice.

Basically you’re asking for advice to commit fraud. First, it takes months to convert from a B1 to an F1 visa, which means you may not be approved by the time your I-94 expires. If that happens, and should you get approved, it will be approved without an I- 94. You’ll need to go back to your home country to get a stamped visa, at which time your unlawful presence accrued in the US will count against you.

Also you should note that the state department issued a memo last year stating that applications for change of status from a B2 visa, within 90 days of landing in the US, should be flagged. You should read up on the USCIS 90-day rule issued last year.

Perhaps you should consider doing things the right way.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
angeland:

You are the reason visas are now getting difficult for genuine applicants. You should be ashamed of yourself.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by signature2012(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dinocarex:

ICE dont just disturb anyhow.Hope you have not committed a crime?
I check your previous post,guess you are in New York.

Blasio and Cuoma dont allow ICE go after undocumented immigrants except crime is involve.

Well,I wish you the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dinocarex:

Ah there you are, whining about other Nigerians doing bad things to paint us with a bad brush.

Dinocarex:
Can you imagine?? These are the kind of people that paint every hard working Nigerian with bad names. I hope the airport staff will be identified and dealt with seriously!!

*Modified* FTC using this period to greet everyone Happy Easter. Let use this period to show love and compassion as shown by our Lord Jesus Christ to others.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
TWoods:

Ah there you are, whining about other Nigerians doing bad things to paint us with a bad brush.

shocked cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dinocarex:
Orishirishi grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by whales84: 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hello guys,

I was given a white paper with an additional document clause with the VO asking
me to submit my sponsor's bank statement.
my interview date was April 16, but my sponsor is trying so hard to help me to authenticate her account with real cash in a fixed deposit acct with one of the top banks meanwhile, my resumption is may 4 .

pls, I need your advice. if I submit the fixed deposit bank statement before or after may 4. does it hold any potential danger for me?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
whales84:
Hello guys,

I was given a white paper with an additional document clause with the VO asking
me to submit my sponsor's bank statement.
my interview date was April 16, but my sponsor is trying so hard to help me to authenticate her account with real cash in a fixed deposit acct with one of the top banks meanwhile, my resumption is may 4 .

pls, I need your advice. if I submit the fixed deposit bank statement before or after may 4. does it hold any potential danger for me?

This is confusing, was there no real cash in the statement of account you provided at your interview? Did you get your visa issued?

You need to use that visa BEFORE May 4, which is in 6 days.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 3:45am On Apr 29, 2018
Just got in and fired up nairaland. First thread I opened....guess what I found? A gold mine!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4477584/oba-adejuyigbe-adefunmi-7-wives#67112013

Me i want to go and visit my kith and kin o. grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.