Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1178757 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
fabyom:
That TWood guy is a big fool.

Now i see that you have being doing here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by puretayo(m): 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
Pls....I need the link to this thread. Need to share it with someone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2018
justwise:

@Twoods I hope you don't take this advice and keep speaking the truth no matter how harsh as long as you did not insult anybody.

Nigeria is full of churches,spirit filled church goers, prayer warriors but densely corrupt, how does that work?

EOD, unfortunately he does.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hawklan: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hello to the experts and everyone in the house, i have been a frequent reader of this forum, i hava a question for the house.
i have an existing US visa i have a daughter i want to travel with in the summer she is 16 years just finished secondary school her mother which is my wife is pregnant and would be staying with my 2 year old daughter and i was wondering if i can go with her for her interview as an accompany. i will appreciate your comments and contributions towards.
Anybody with a similar experience to pls pls share as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by opeoluwa20(m): 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
Just came back now from us embassy lol story plenty they have standard, once u don't meet up na sorry o, Nigerians fidgeting like say oyinbo na God. Some people under tension some asking for favour lot . The best is go prepared. Travel and get good job history plus never tell lied to VO hmmmm that one na penalty to throwing o never ever lie abi play smart everything is before them that u did before.good luck o .I was denied for lack of ties.ese o

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adebashy(f): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:
What's funny about the whole thing is

Those people supporting the guy all stayed abroad making destructive criticism on social media as if their noise will make any changes.

Also some that doesn't support him also stay abroad while some stay back home just going for tourism/visit.

So btw d two now who is selfish?

Everybody knew things is not working in nija at all so by staying abroad and making noise on social media won't solve anything, it will only make more damages. Come home let's fight for our right altogether.

Those that didn't support Twood knw what average Nigerians are facing and is better if they can find their way out, just like u guys did.

Are you guys born there? Twood and his supporters
When I applied for the visa interview I fill mistakenly Ibadan as my place of birth but Lagos is my place of birth on my intl passport. Hope there won’t be any problem with the interview or visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
opeoluwa20:
Just came back now from us embassy lol story plenty they have standard, once u don't meet up na sorry o, Nigerians fidgeting like say oyinbo na God. Some people under tension some asking for favour lot . The best is go prepared. Travel and get good job history plus never tell lied to VO hmmmm that one na penalty to throwing o never ever lie abi play smart everything is before them that u did before.good luck o .I was denied for lack of ties.ese o
sorry bro, yarn everything u captured, Including ur transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pbayagbon: 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
Quick question people

Newly wed couple wanna apply for US visa
The Wife has never travelled before but has a valid passport bearing her name before marriage.

1) do they have to upload marriage certificate during application?
2) will they take marriage certificate to embassy during interview?

urgent
thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adedayo1990: 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hello Everyone here,

Please i have the intention of traveling to the US on a visit visa and change my visa status to F1 if possible asin enroll in a university there. Now i want to know how i can really convince the Visa Officer to get the Visit Visa because i don't think i have any ties here and am also a young guy of 22 years old they might feel i just want to run away. Please what can i do?

Quick response to this would be highly appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obinoscopy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
justwise:

So you think Nigeria is this bad because of lack of solution to our problems? What solution that has not been provided both harshly or softly but still nothing seems to change.

No Nigeria is this bad because we have normalized corruption and fraudulent activities, the system is now conditioned to accept that this is the normal way of doing things. This is exactly why TWoods and few others are picked on for dare saying things that very uncomfortable to sympathizers of the corrupt system.

The truth is the solution no matter how harshly spoken or written, at least somebody care enough to speak out rather covering it up.

You seem not to understand my point. But it's fine. Let me summarize it here:

1. It's perfectly okay to criticize. Covering up is wrong.
2. However, the criticism shouldn't be condescending or insultive.
3. Also the criticism should be constructive and properly directed at the right audience.

Personally I think we are saying the same thing. Perhaps you don't know the aspect where I disagree with TWoods.

But if you still insist that it's okay to be condescending and insultive while criticising. If you insist that it's fine to denigrate the country in the international community, then it means we aren't saying the same thing. And I'd say good luck with your views. I rest my case.

May God help this country along with it's inhabitants.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by opeoluwa20(m): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
Vo: smiled how are you
Me: Am fine
Vo:where are you going
Me:Texas
Vo:for what
Me: My church 22nd annual convention
Vo: Why are you going alone, where is your wife
Me not married
Vo: you are into real estate
Me: Yes
Vo:have you travelled out of africa
Me: no
Vo: brought out wether na blue abi na green slip said try again later.
Me: thank you smiled and get out go eat one nice fufu and ogunfe.
Visa no be do or die I no sabi lie . Life goes on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vista411: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
Adedayo1990:
Hello Everyone here,

Please i have the intention of traveling to the US on a visit visa and change my visa status to F1 if possible asin enroll in a university there. Now i want to know how i can really convince the Visa Officer to get the Visit Visa because i don't think i have any ties here and am also a young guy of 22 years old they might feel i just want to run away. Please what can i do?

With the mass exodus of people crossing borders dont you think it is easier for you to apply directly for f1 rather than b1b2? Students like you get f1 visa. You too can
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by haywhyb(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
Good afternoon house. I really appreciate you guys efforts so far. God bless you all richly. Please help a brother.I have an interview on Monday next week I need some clarifications please. The last time I applied I was denied which was an Academic tour visit to New York with others from same campus. Unfortunately it wasn't a group interview as we thought and some of us were denied including myself. The agency in charge bleeped up big time. No prior pre interview preparations and all. My concern now is that in my previous interview after answering series of questions the Consular asked if I have a relative in the United States i said yes my elder sister ( a citizen) and whereas on my Ds160 where i was asked if I have any immediate relative in the United States i filled no and i filled Yes for other relatives. Although I had corrected those errors can I send an apology letter to the embassy stating my previous errors which arose as a result my hastiness in filling the ds 160. More so, I came to discover that my mum's maiden name is what's on her passport and not our Father's surname which was what I used for my previous application. However I had already corrected that. Also in my recent D's 160 I wrote I would be visiting University of Colorado and American Musuem of Natural history as part of my travel plans and the major purpose is to go see my mum who just had a surgery recently she has Resident legal permit. What are my chances, I am currently in my final year I planned travelling on July 8th and come back July 18th, I have a business I run on part time basis and I have a good no of cash as well in my account but I am not the one sponsoring the trip. What I intend using as strong ties are my project work, NYSC, Business e.t.c. kindly give your suggestions I would highly appreciate it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2018
Adebashy:

When I applied for the visa interview I fill mistakenly Ibadan as my place of birth but Lagos is my place of birth on my intl passport. Hope there won’t be any problem with the interview or visa.

Why can't you fill anybody ds form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
travelland:

What makes a country civilized is that your opinion, no matter how worthless you might seem, matters. This is why before your visa is revoked you will be told. Our problem is that we are used to our rights being abused hence you don't know that there must be a good reason before your visa is revoked and they will tell you. If for instance you are told that they suspect you have the intension to migrate to Canada if allowed in, and you know you have no such intension, won't you use the appropriate means available to contest it? Mind you, you can always ask them how you can contest their decision and they will provide you with options. You might have to return to your country but your appeal will be looked into sometimes even right there at the immigration area, you are allowed to make a statement to support your case. Try watching Border Security to know more. Mind you, it's not only Nigerian citizens that have their visas revoked.

You can't appeal deportation or if visa is revoked, what they will advise is that you go to the U.S Embassy in your country to sort things out.
I've seen more than enough Border Security/Border Patrol/How to catch a smuggler/MIA documentary etc to know that U.S does not inform anybody before revoking visa and VISA is just a sticker that give you a pass to fly to U.S Airport not to enter U.S itself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
Adebashy:

Fill another form and submit asap.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
pbayagbon:
Quick question people

The Wife has never travelled before but has a valid passport bearing her name before marriage.

urgent
thanks.

There's nothing urgent.... You need to read this thread or visa U.S embassy website for clarification.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
travelland:

I'm happy you noticed this, I thought I was the only one. It makes them feel better off than those of us who are based here even though in actual fact many here are doing better than them financially. They are the ones who criticize Nigeria the most yet do nothing to contribute towards the country positively, in all their post you will hear destructive criticism.

By insulting us and capilizing on people's desperation they feel on top of the world, meanwhile they are suffering. Why do you think they are constantly here, not to help but to ridicule people?.

I believe we should learn to correct constructively, not talking to people any how because you find yourself where many want to be, that's pride and it makes no sense

Infact u are right. Nigerians are not smart at all especially we youths.

We accept whatever comes our way.

Fuel subsidy was removed we youths said life goes on.
Oyinbo revoked our visa, some still support that wicked act, and we expect God to come down and fight for us?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adedayo1990: 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2018
I don't understand what u mean by crossing border
vista411:

With the mass exodus of people crossing borders dont you think it is easier for you to apply directly for f1 rather than b1b2? Students like you get f1 visa. You too can
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adedayo1990: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
U all should respond to my post i really need help Pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Adedayo1990:
Hello Everyone here,

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vista411: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
Stop spamming. Migrate to the student thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adedayo1990: 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2018
I need advise that's why am here so if u cant help please keep off
vista411:
Stop spamming. Migrate to the student thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pbayagbon: 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
seyewest:

There's nothing urgent.... You need to read this thread or visa U.S embassy website for clarification.

I asked a question for clarification not to define urgency
I'd rather you dont answer at all than the response you gave...please anyone with an answer should state it
thanks

Quick question people
urgent
thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benolala(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2018
I will like to advice those with genuine intention of visiting the US not to be discourage by some sad news on visa cancellation or entry refusal.

Yes, there is a recent special check on Nigeria nationals at poe but most people don't tell you the true story where they abuse their visa.

We all know that at visa interview the VO ask some questions and then start typing as we are answering. That's a note which will remain on your page once your visa is entered at poe.

In the past people get their visa use it when they like and how they like but now they look closely to your statements at poe. For instance, I was able to find out the truth how a family was denied entry at poe because I am here in the US. They had 2 years family visa years back but instead the husband decided to visit first before this recent strick check then he stayed 5 months went back to Nigeria and came back again now in his 4th month here. Then his wife and kids where on their way to join him last week but at poe the officer was able to see it was a family tourist visa and the man have been here twice on his own for months. In this case the family was taken into custody for more questioning that revealed the man was working illegally here and doing 5 months in 5 months out. So they deported them back and homeland security call the man cell phone letting him know they have information he is working illegally so should leave the country.

Now, I am sharing this for us Nigerians to know that whatever decision we take regardless of pursing better opportunity there is a process. The word process here means you must be ready to face some hardship or. Challenges don't try to be too smart. The difference between Nigeria and the US is that they keep records which is data so it will remain there for as long as they want. They use this data to make decisions in their regulations so that even if early few beat their system surely others cant.

Patience is the key it doesn't mean you are stupid so when you come here avoid working illegally at all cost. Those who over stay can be forgiven and still adjust their status but those who work and are caught can't under US immigration law.

Those running to Canada are mostly greedy because they don't want to go through the process here as they expect free housing and feeding while seeking Asylum. Do not be deceived by those in Canada they are in a camp trust me it's a place you wouldn't want to be at list for you to get a US visa l believe that you have attained some fair level in the Nigeria society except otherwise.

Try to reduce your expectations when visiting the US it will help you. Yes it's a beautiful country but not easy to survive as a new comer untill after awhile.

Good luck

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
pbayagbon:

I'd rather you dont answer at all than the response you gave...please anyone with an answer should state it
thanks

Quick question people
urgent
thanks.

No one will answer you.... READ READ READ... It will do you a lot of good. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
benolala:
I will like to advice those with genuine intention of visiting the US not to be discourage by some sad news on visa cancellation or entry refusal.

Yes, there is a recent special check on Nigeria nationals at poe but most people don't tell you the true story where they abuse their visa.

Try to reduce your expectations when visiting the US it will help you. Yes it's a beautiful country but not easy to survive as a new comer untill after awhile.

Good luck

5 months.... nawa for the guy oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vista411: 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
Adedayo1990:
I need advise that's why am here so if u cant help please keep off

You can help yourself or wait we will send someone to your aid
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
pbayagbon:

thanks

Quick question people
urgent
thanks.
The answer to your question is on the US embassy website. Read it.
You do not wish to read and still have an attitude. You realize nobody is invested in whatever you get a visa or not?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
Thank you Benolola for that story.
People will give half stories and cause mild panic. Now this makes sense.

As for the people talking about revoked visas, read this slowly

" IT IS THEIR COUNTRY AND THEY ARE FREE TO DO AS THEY LIKE. BLAME YOUR GOVERNMENT THAT HAS ALLOWED YOUR COUNTRY TO GO TO THE DOGS. IF YOU ARE PAINED, ELECT A CORRUPT FREE GOVERNMENT AND BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT"

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Thank you Benolola for that story.
People will give half stories and cause mild panic. Now this makes sense.

As for the people talking about revoked visas, read this slowly

" IT IS THEIR COUNTRY AND THEY ARE FREE TO DO AS THEY LIKE. BLAME YOUR GOVERNMENT THAT HAS ALLOWED YOUR COUNTRY TO GO TO THE DOGS. IF YOU ARE PAINED, ELECT A CORRUPT FREE GOVERNMENT AND BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT"

Fuuuuuunnnnnkeeeeee Apostle will hear grin grin grin... Thank you LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 3:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
pbayagbon:

thanks

Quick question people
urgent
thanks.

1. They don't need to upload anything.
2. VO might not even ask of it but they should go with it to be on a safer side
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2018
The next available date is oct 23rd oo..........I am finished . I have a conference on the 23rd of August . I have been checking and checking. And i have payed for this conference

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.