Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173355 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tppzzy01(m): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

No sir I don't do sarcasm when serious matters are being discussed ( like yours) . whatever your faith is, be very very strong in it. if you tell the truth during your intreview and talk to the VO "man to man" he will be touched and just give you guys.

Miracles are real and I am a believer

Come to think of it, am doing this base on a revelation and prophecy that I will travel out. Lol
Aside this, am not afraid of Nigeria cause am a sure winner here by His Grace

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
tppzzy01:
You mean I should tell the VO the truth that am leaving my family here to seeking a greener pasture. Lol.
Pls sir let me know the actual fact before we come to the issues of faith

The hustle na die
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
[quote author=tppzzy01 post=69921633][/quote]

Correct man. That faith will move mountains
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tppzzy01(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

The hustle na die
Are u telling me the truth? grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2018
Congratulations
niyirov:
I was at the US embassy today,with my two children and our b1/b2 visas were approved.

I felt should give back to this forum because your reviews here has been helpful and it assissted me in my Preparations.

Thanks to everyone.

Here is my transcript:

Me:Good morning sir
Vo:Good morning(he replied to my kids greetings and swiftly asked them for their names and they replied him.

Vo: where are going to ?
Me:California
Vo:why are you visiting California?
Me:My husband was at a conference in Anahim California in 2015 and after his conference,he visited the Disney land resorts.he can back home with lots of toys,magzines,videos of place and we so loved it.

So this year we chose that place as our destination for the family summer vacation.

Vo:ok.how long do you intend to stay ?

Me:two weeks.

Vo:do you have any one in the US ?

Me:No

Vo:have you or your husband applied to Canada immigration at any time ?

Me:Not at all

Vo:tell me what you do.

Me: am the MD of my biz we deal in ×××××××

Vo:ok.have you travelled out of Nigeria before ?

Me:i was in dubai 3 years ago with my husband.

Vo:Is your husband the sole owner of his company?

Me:yes

Vo:What's your family vacation budget ?

Me:5k dollars

Vo:ok
Your visas are approved.
He gave me a white paper to pick up in 2 working days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tppzzy01(m): 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2018
tppzzy01:

As said by seyewest, he said that I cannot use B1/B2 and I asked him the type I should use but he has not reply. Pls what type of visa should I seek? Thank u for ur time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2018
Ogaaaaaaaaaaa. Which level naaaaa? for NIV? Abeg just pretend say you never asked.
tppzzy01:

Yes sir. It is a sure thing for me to do that. If things work for me over there, I plan like between 8months to 1yr before they can join me over there. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tppzzy01(m): 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
ozymes:
Ogaaaaaaaaaaa. Which level naaaaa? for NIV? Abeg just pretend say you never asked.
Ogaaaaaaaaa. No vex o. If I ve stepped on your toes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Thank you ooooo. I nor vex b4. Just that, the thing weak me ni ooo
tppzzy01:

Ogaaaaaaaaa. No vex o. If I ve stepped on your toes.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tppzzy01(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
ozymes:
Thank you ooooo. I nor vex b4. Just that, the thing weak me ni ooo
No prob. Thanks anyway
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2018
Lawlek:

The best you could have done is to ignore his question rather than descend into the arena. He came to this forum after he made a mistake. If you cannot help him, then you let him be. You need not throw him under the Bus. You even quotes the Bible... ...caste the first stone bro. ...if your hands are clean. We are here to learn and help one another to derogate anyone

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
tppzzy01:
You mean I should tell the VO the truth that am leaving my family here to seeking a greener pasture. Lol.
Pls sir let me know the actual fact before we come to the issues of faith
You want to use the visa if given, illegally.
What you plan to do is illegal. U cannot stay beyond 6months.
Posts like this and behavior like this spoil our Image. If one says he hopes you don't get it now, another week say na curse.
Why are you making it harder for other folks to achieve their dreams?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2018
tppzzy01:

Can we get this straight.
You cannot migrate to U.S of A on a visitor/tourist/business visa... it is illegal, if you know anyone doing it IT IS ILLEGAL.
If you want to move to U.S legally, You can do it by applying for the appropriate category of Migrant visa but unfortunately we can't advise you on that here because this thread is for Non Immigrant visa i.e For those with intention of returning to Nigeria when/after they visit U.S)

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Both of you are Eediats grin

Lolz @the bolded cheesy! Is it an educational qualification/degree? Abi na post/rank? Kikikikikiiii
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Lolz @the bolded cheesy! Is it an educational qualification/degree? Abi na post/rank? Kikikikikiiii
Na traditional title.
AKA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
Good evening house,
Please is it authentic that there is no more drop box? My visa is due to expire in October and want to apply again. Thanks for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
soksyd:
Good evening house,
Please is it authentic that there is no more drop box? My visa is due to expire in October and want to apply again. Thanks for your response

Source of this info? I believe its 100% fake!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tppzzy01(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
seyewest:

Can we get this straight.
You cannot migrate to U.S of A on a visitor/tourist/business visa... it is illegal, if you know anyone doing it IT IS ILLEGAL.
If you want to move to U.S legally, You can do it by applying for the appropriate category of Migrant visa but unfortunately we can't advise you on that here because this thread is for Non Immigrant visa i.e For those with intention of returning to Nigeria when/after they visit U.S)

I so much àppreciate ur response. Thank u so much. It means I cannot overstay when I get there and also if I don't know anyone there I cannot stay there permanently? If the above is the case, then, how can I migrate to USA permanently without knowing anyone there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Glamgurl: 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2018
Enjoyyyyyyy
shakswealth:
wow, I'm here cool. Yankee all the way
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Glamgurl: 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
My husband and I got a family tourist visa with our child and he absconded to the US thereafter leaving us in Nigeria. I traveled to the USA twice with the same visa and came back. The 1st time I went with my baby and the 2nd time, I went alone. However the visa has expired I tried renewing me and my son''s visa using the drop box but I was asked to come for an interview. What are my chances of getting the visa? My ex-hubby doesn't contact us anymore and I don't know what he has been up to over there. What likely questions will I be asked at the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
Glamgurl:
My husband and I got a family tourist visa with our child and he absconded to the US thereafter leaving us in Nigeria. I traveled to the USA twice with the same visa and came back. The 1st time I went with my baby and the 2nd time, I went alone. However the visa has expired I tried renewing me and my son''s visa using the drop box but I was asked to come for an interview. What are my chances of getting the visa? My ex-hubby doesn't contact us anymore and I don't know what he has been up to over there. What likely questions will I be asked at the interview?
Your guess Is as good as mine.
However, you should note that whatever your story is, you were complicit in his 'absconding '
All of you got the visa as a family. He used it wrongly. You went to the US. Twice. And said nothing. I find it very very very hard to believe you. But that's me Shaaa. What do I know?!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
Glamgurl:
lol if he is over 18 you'll have nothing to worry abou
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by benpedro(m): 5:24am On Aug 03, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Your guess Is as good as mine.
However, you should note that whatever your story is, you were complicit in his 'absconding '
All of you got the visa as a family. He used it wrongly. You went to the US. Twice. And said nothing. I find it very very very hard to believe you. But that's me Shaaa. What do I know?!
And what if she is saying the truth? Well, it doesn't matter what we believe but what the truth is. Moreover, I don't understand what you mean by her saying nothing. What should she have said? Report to the US government that an irresponsible adult decided to abscond and abandon his family? SMH Please let us always think about other people's feelings before giving a reply. I wonder how poster would've felt at this post if she was saying the truth. @Poster according to the US visa laws, you do not answer for an adult who is above 21, be it your brother, husband or even your child. The law assumes you're saying the truth until proven otherwise. So go for the interview. If you're saying the truth, the interviewer who is a trained psychologist will know in a matter of seconds. Thank you.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:19am On Aug 03, 2018
benpedro:
And what if she is saying the truth? Well, it doesn't matter what we believe but what the truth is. Moreover, I don't understand what you mean by her saying nothing. What should she have said? Report to the US government that an irresponsible adult decided to abscond and abandon his family? SMH Please let us always think about other people's feelings before giving a reply. I wonder how poster would've felt at this post if she was saying the truth. @Poster according to the US visa laws, you do not answer for an adult who is above 21, be it your brother, husband or even your child. The law assumes you're saying the truth until proven otherwise. So go for the interview. If you're saying the truth, the interviewer who is a trained psychologist will know in a matter of seconds. Thank you.
Remember, this is my opinion.
Remember, posts are for different point of views.
Remember, there's a caveat at the end of my post clearly reminding the op I am not a vo.
Remember, this is a thread for folks to give you different things to mull on...

Oh, yes you are correct about that law cited. However, at the US embassy, everyone is presumed to be an intending migrant and have to prove otherwise. If she cared about her chances and renewal, she should have reported the visa misuse since it was tied to hers.
That's the same reasoning behind the CIC Canada banning every other person attached to anyone application when the main applicant misrepresents.
It sounds harsh but, Ummmm I have seen and heard of spouses reporting their spouses misuse. If she had thrown him under the bus, she wouldn't have to answer these questions.

It's not as easy as saying, he's an adult and thats it. They are still legally married. He's already in the US. Do you think a reasonable vo would now inadvertently "reunite " them.
I am not here to bash anyone (unless there's need IMHO) but to point out facts that Nigerians like to ignore. She's here to seek visa advice, that's what I gave not emotional advice. The embassy also dosent do emotions. Not with Nigerians and our shenanigans.
I wish she will come back and post later. I would like to learn.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:43am On Aug 03, 2018
tppzzy01:

I so much àppreciate ur response. Thank u so much. It means I cannot overstay when I get there and also if I don't know anyone there I cannot stay there permanently? If the above is the case, then, how can I migrate to USA permanently without knowing anyone there?

You need to re-read my statement again... ''You can't migrate to U.S permanently on a visiting visa'' it is illegal so becareful. I will make no further comment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:51am On Aug 03, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Remember, this is my opinion.
Remember, posts are for different point of views.
Remember, there's a caveat at the end of my post clearly reminding the op I am not a vo.
Remember, this is a thread for folks to give you different things to mull on...

Oh, yes you are correct about that law cited. However, at the US embassy, everyone is presumed to be an intending migrant and have to prove otherwise. If she cared about her chances and renewal, she should have reported the visa misuse since it was tied to hers.
That's the same reasoning behind the CIC Canada banning every other person attached to anyone application when the main applicant misrepresents.
It sounds harsh but, Ummmm I have seen and heard of spouses reporting their spouses misuse. If she had thrown him under the bus, she wouldn't have to answer these questions.

It's not as easy as saying, he's an adult and thats it. They are still legally married. He's already in the US. Do you think a reasonable vo would now inadvertently "reunite " them.
I am not here to bash anyone (unless there's need IMHO) but to point out facts that Nigerians like to ignore. She's here to seek visa advice, that's what I gave not emotional advice. The embassy also dosent do emotions. Not with Nigerians and our shenanigans.
I wish she will come back and post later. I would like to learn.

We're too emotional in Nigeria and we get carried away easily... How can a Man abscond and you did not report him to the people that provided him with the visa? it is very simple, you will need to convince the V.O that you have no tie with him anymore and also you should have reported the man at the POE not because you hated him but because after 6 months he won't be able to leave the U.S, so you not reporting him is at your own disadvantage not his.
He won't return to Nigeria and your chances of getting your visa renewed is in Jeopardy.
I pray they renew it and I hope we all learn from this.
Good luck and this is where you need prayers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Niphemmy01: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2018
Good day Nairalanders,Lady G I greet you
In my recent post I posted here I talked about how I'm working in Oman as a housemaid. All thanks to God my boss has decided to help with her bank statement, and also she told me I have to go along with my I'd card. So I will be applying from Oman as a third country applicant ....Please what are my chances or what documents do I need to go along with please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tswise: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2018
Madam, am not a guru on Travel matters as am still learning stuff here but I wish to share a practical experience that happened to a colleague of mine.

It was a family application/visa like yours. The hubby went to US and absconded. The wife was turned back at POE when she traveled about 1 year after the hubby absconded. She was asked to call her hubby to come out first. I think you are even lucky to have use it twice before it expired.

Go for your interview and hope for the best. It is well.

Glamgurl:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Glamgurl: 10:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I don't have reasons to lie. I don't intend to relocate to the US. I have a good job here in Nigeria. The first time I went to the US, the officer at Abu Dhabi where we had our layover asked me of my ex hbands where about and I said I didn't know. He then confirmed to me that he got in on so so so date. I dont know if he recorded my statement of not knowing his whereabout. As at that time he had not overstayed so we were allowed in. The 2nd time I travelled, he had overstayed and I went to the US and came back after 3 weeks. If I wanted to remain in the US, I wouldn't have come back the 2nd time. Me not reporting me is ignorance, I didn't know it could affect me and my child's renewal in any way. I pray for God's mercy. I was just a victim of a bad marriage. A marriage I entered with good intent not knowing the other party had ulterior motive. Thanks once again everyone.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:16am On Aug 03, 2018
Glamgurl:
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I don't have reasons to lie. I don't intend to relocate to the US. I have a good job here in Nigeria. The first time I went to the US, the officer at Abu Dhabi where we had our layover asked me of my ex hbands where about and I said I didn't know. He then confirmed to me that he got in on so so so date. I dont know if he recorded my statement of not knowing his whereabout. As at that time he had not overstayed so we were allowed in. The 2nd time I travelled, he had overstayed and I went to the US and came back after 3 weeks. If I wanted to remain in the US, I wouldn't have come back the 2nd time. Me not reporting me is ignorance, I didn't know it could affect me and my child's renewal in any way. I pray for God's mercy. I was just a victim of a bad marriage. A marriage I entered with good intent not knowing the other party had ulterior motive. Thanks once again everyone.

Now that we've settled that... I will like to give you a clue on what to do.
Before the start of interview after giving the V.O your passport make sure you informed the V.O about your husband and if possible get a divorce or a legal paper attesting to the fact that you're no longer together... disengage/remove yourself and your children from him/ (his profile) completely, this may swing the odds in your favor because, your only advantage is traveling to U.S and returning to Nigeria. Be strategic and good luck.... remember to share your transcript. smiley

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acube2: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2018
Wow. Congrats. I just left California. San Francisco. Very cool place
niyirov:
I was at the US embassy today,with my two children and our b1/b2 visas were approved.

I felt should give back to this forum because your reviews here has been helpful and it assissted me in my Preparations.

Thanks to everyone.

Here is my transcript:

Me:Good morning sir
Vo:Good morning(he replied to my kids greetings and swiftly asked them for their names and they replied him.

Vo: where are going to ?
Me:California
Vo:why are you visiting California?
Me:My husband was at a conference in Anahim California in 2015 and after his conference,he visited the Disney land resorts.he can back home with lots of toys,magzines,videos of place and we so loved it.

So this year we chose that place as our destination for the family summer vacation.

Vo:ok.how long do you intend to stay ?

Me:two weeks.

Vo:do you have any one in the US ?

Me:No

Vo:have you or your husband applied to Canada immigration at any time ?

Me:Not at all

Vo:tell me what you do.

Me: am the MD of my biz we deal in ×××××××

Vo:ok.have you travelled out of Nigeria before ?

Me:i was in dubai 3 years ago with my husband.

Vo:Is your husband the sole owner of his company?

Me:yes

Vo:What's your family vacation budget ?

Me:5k dollars

Vo:ok
Your visas are approved.
He gave me a white paper to pick up in 2 working days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
seyewest:

Now that we've settled that... I will like to give you a clue on what to do.
Before the start of interview after giving the V.O your passport make sure you informed the V.O about your husband and if possible get a divorce or a legal paper attesting to the fact that you're no longer together... disengage/remove yourself and your children from him/ (his profile) completely, this may swing the odds in your favor because, your only advantage is traveling to U.S and returning to Nigeria. Be strategic and good luck.... remember to share your transcript. smiley
And be upfront about where he could be found.... His friends. Throw the..... Under the train.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.