Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172238 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 12:00am On Aug 04, 2018
emailaddy:
pls na edakun?
Earliest dates:
Lagos: November 28th
Abuja: October 19th

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by constance234: 12:03am On Aug 04, 2018
Bolamike:

Every details originated from my boss. We have an immigrant lawyer and the lawyer was the one who told us to go ahead with it that way. What are my chances?

You can not work and earn money on a visitors visa.No training or conference will last for a year, any money paid to you, accomodation paid for, food provided for you, or clothing as compensation for holding such bootcamp is termed as WORKING. You are just concerned about chances, when in actual fact you do not stand any if you don't apply for the appropriate visa first. There are half baked immigration attorney here in the USA, they just pass the state bar exam and know nothing about immigration matters.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bolamike: 4:48am On Aug 04, 2018
constance234:

You can not work and earn money on a visitors visa.No training or conference will last for a year, any money paid to you, accomodation paid for, food provided for you, or clothing as compensation for holding such bootcamp is termed as WORKING. You are just concerned about chances, when in actual fact you do not stand any if you don't apply for the appropriate visa first. There are half baked immigration attorney here in the USA, they just pass the state bar exam and know nothing about immigration matters.

Are you on WhatsApp? I will love to ask some questions please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

How much do you have? Health care is the biggest fraud in the USA those capitalist will milk you dry.

Unless you are a money bag and your eye done scatter finish meaning na emergency bros no waste your money. Go to Asia. Canada done deny you dem go scrutinize you like man whey dey find scattered dry fish for inside ogbono soup
I always knew you were a confam bush man. grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I always knew you were a confam bush man. grin grin

lolzzz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
Skorea:

Look at someone that hasn’t been to Canada talking about Canada like he has been there.

I believe these words of Bryson " I have long known that it is part of God's plan that I spend time communicating with some of the most stupid people on earth"

You don't know where I have been, lived or live.
Think before you type, If people can tell you have a low IQ on a faceless forum , your mental accessment will be a dead giveaway in real life.

Ponder on those words my brother ponder please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2018
sugah:

Earliest dates:

Holy moly! You mean the consular offices are booked till October and November?

This is insane!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
constance234:

What's the difference between "full and half baked" immigration attorneys?

. . . "know nothing" is a Pretty strong term. How do you know "nothing" and still pass a certification exam"
They probably misunderstood the attorney ( not holding brief) Unless . . .

The problem is not with the attorneys but with the entire epileptic immigration system . "most similar" cases are not treated the same and unless you know how to sap the system the judiciary is just as screwed up as immigration
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
Bolamike:
Hello everyone. I have an interview scheduled this august. I'm a web developer and I currently work remotely for a registered digital agency in the US. The company needs my presence over there because I am the lead developer and the main purpose of me going there is because we are holding bootcamps, workshops and training to teach people about programming in which I am the one to anchor the program. I will also be training interns after the bootcamps and workshops. My length of stay is 1 year which is the total coverage of how long I will be there. Salary is huge. My boss is the one sponsoring the trip. What are my chances and the questions likely to be asked?

You would have to prove to DT that no American living in any of the 50 states, territories and district that make up the union is unskilled (not unwilling) to do that job.

Pretty tough . the system is messed up sorry bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bhankymoon: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=seyewest post=69972637] @LadyGuinivere

Good day gurus in the house, am filling the DS Form and there's a place where this question was asked: Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?
Yes No

I'm married and have used my previous passport with my maiden name to traveled to different countries before i changed my surname to my spouse surname, please can i choose YES? Your urgent response will be appreciated...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=bhankymoon post=69981400][/quote]

YES is the appropriate answer.... Fill in your maiden name in the drop down option that will appear thereafter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

I believe these words of Bryson " I have long known that it is part of God's plan that I spend time communicating with some of the most stupid people on earth"

Think before you type, If people can tell you have a low IQ on a faceless forum , your mental accessment will be a dead giveaway in real life.

Baba, LadyG and myself dey show your side for Boston soon... Do us well ''Unlimited shopping vouchers loading''

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bhankymoon: 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
thanks appreciate
OmoBendel24:

YES is the appropriate answer.... Fill in your maiden name in the drop down option that will appear thereafter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unfortunately, there are far too many Nigerians who have learned that the only way to get what they want is to make up stories and to buy and present fraudulent and counterfeit documents in order to get what they want. I’ve worked in Lagos and know that there are many, many smart, honest, sophisticated and honorable Nigerians everywhere, in all levels of society. But those who practice fraud overwhelm their numbers - at least, in the queue in front of the US consulate. Last year the nonimmigrant B visa refusal rate for Nigerians was 44.95%. It’s too bad, but that’s how it is.

-Kathryn Berck, former US Diplomat and Consular Officer at US. Department of State (1985-2011)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
sugah:

Earliest dates:
Haaaaaa what can someone who intends traveling Late November do? And they don’t give leave on Dec in my office?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2018
emailaddy:
Haaaaaa what can someone who intends traveling Late November do? And they don’t give leave on Dec in my office?
Do night watch man on top CEAC website
My friend did they for just one night and got 27 th August last night. She was up all night refreshing till that date popped up
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
seyewest:

Baba, LadyG and myself dey show your side for Boston soon... Do us well ''Unlimited shopping vouchers loading''

grin grin grin
No mind am. He will soon pull a #tigerwoods on us. grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Do night watch man on top CEAC website
My friend did they for just one night and got 27 th August last night. She was up all night refreshing till that date popped up
Wow, Cuz I am about filling the form, and I don’t want a situation whereby I will would have indicated my due date in Late Nov, then get an interview after the due date. Thanks though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hello House, please I will like to know is your wife's brother your relation, because I was asked in the form do you have a relation in the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peacengine(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
kino47:
Hello House, please I will like to know is your wife's brother your relation, because I was asked in the form do you have a relation in the US.

Brother-in-law
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Skorea: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

I’m not mocking, when you said things are cheap in Canada like you are living there or been there.
Say only what you can defend.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
peacengine:

Brother-in-law
Do you have other relatives?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
kino47:

Do you have other relatives?
Is your brother inlaw part of your other relatives
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
seyewest:

grin grin grin
Is your brother inlaw part of your other relatives
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2018
You were making sense until you pointed out that she could be lying..what's is impossible about what the poster "posted"now..the assumption that everyone is lying is getting out of hand on this thread o..na wa o
LadyGuinivere:

Your guess Is as good as mine.
However, you should note that whatever your story is, you were complicit in his 'absconding '
All of you got the visa as a family. He used it wrongly. You went to the US. Twice. And said nothing. I find it very very very hard to believe you. But that's me Shaaa. What do I know?!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olumig(m): 11:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
Glamgurl:
Thanks to everyone for the responses. I don't have reasons to lie. I don't intend to relocate to the US. I have a good job here in Nigeria. The first time I went to the US, the officer at Abu Dhabi where we had our layover asked me of my ex hbands where about and I said I didn't know. He then confirmed to me that he got in on so so so date. I dont know if he recorded my statement of not knowing his whereabout. As at that time he had not overstayed so we were allowed in. The 2nd time I travelled, he had overstayed and I went to the US and came back after 3 weeks. If I wanted to remain in the US, I wouldn't have come back the 2nd time. Me not reporting me is ignorance, I didn't know it could affect me and my child's renewal in any way. I pray for God's mercy. I was just a victim of a bad marriage. A marriage I entered with good intent not knowing the other party had ulterior motive. Thanks once again everyone.
Let us know the outcome of your interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2018
Sparkle1515:
You were making sense until you pointed out that she could be lying..what's is impossible about what the poster "posted"now..the assumption that everyone is lying is getting out of hand on this thread o..na wa o
Praise be! Your opinion of mine means nothing to me.
Maybe you should spend that time stating yours. But if u'd rather spend it thinking of my views, praise be too!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 11:01am On Aug 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Maybe you should spend that time stating yours. But if u'd rather spend it thinking of my views, praise be too!
hello,please is your brother inlaw your other relatives as it was filled as NO on the form and if your wife fills yes will it affect the other applicant or vise Versa as one has being issued a visa already
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
kino47:
hello,please is your brother inlaw your other relatives as it was filled as NO on the form and if your wife fills yes will it affect the other applicant or vise Versa as one has being issued a visa already
Who is a relative? A person with some of relationship to you, whether by consanguinity or affinity ( blood or otherwise)

Does a brother in law have a relationship with you? The answer is yes. He is your BROTHER via the relationship of marriage to his sibling. So what is the confusion here?
Any false information may affect one's chances as it is considered misresentation

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 3rdeye1(m): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kuffour1267:
What is your status in Dubai?
I work and reside in UAE with my fam. Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bikoo,go and sleep..You had an opinion on someones post,and I had an opinion yours..so what's the fuse..keep ridiculing people in the name of having opinion..mtcheww
LadyGuinivere:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kino47: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Who is a relative? A person with some of relationship to you, whether by consanguinity or affinity ( blood or otherwise)

Does a brother in law have a relationship with you? The answer is yes. He is your BROTHER via the relationship of marriage to his sibling. So what is the confusion here?
Any false information may affect one's chances as it is considered misresentation
But not my immediate relative ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.