Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173412 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Jchi9876: 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
seyewest:

Now that we've settled that... I will like to give you a clue on what to do.
Before the start of interview after giving the V.O your passport make sure you informed the V.O about your husband and if possible get a divorce or a legal paper attesting to the fact that you're no longer together... disengage/remove yourself and your children from him/ (his profile) completely, this may swing the odds in your favor because, your only advantage is traveling to U.S and returning to Nigeria. Be strategic and good luck.... remember to share your transcript. smiley

Your head dey dia

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
seyewest:

Now that we've settled that... I will like to give you a clue on what to do.
Before the start of interview after giving the V.O your passport make sure you informed the V.O about your husband and if possible get a divorce or a legal paper attesting to the fact that you're no longer together... disengage/remove yourself and your children from him/ (his profile) completely, this may swing the odds in your favor because, your only advantage is traveling to U.S and returning to Nigeria. Be strategic and good luck.... remember to share your transcript. smiley

So you think the consular officers have not seen cases where husband or wife goes to the USA divorces their naija spouse, contracts a sham marriage for the purpose of legalizing a stay, then remarries previous spouse and files for them to go to the USA or previous spouse applies for visiting based on what you said gets to the USA and remarries former spouse?

My dear, America's immigration system is a shithole

LadyGuinivere:

And be upfront about where he could be found.... His friends. Throw the..... Under the train.

Fact she knows where he is will count against her. (Psych 101) since she is claiming abandonment
They would wanna see call logs etc. Bad mouthing will be a very poor strategy

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chucks8855: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hello guys please I need your advise. In 2015 I left my studies in computer science at a Nigerian university, because of some difficulties I was going through. I basically dropped out. Then in 2016 an opportunity came for me to travel to South Africa, my intention was to go there for one month and come back since it doesn't seem like there's much opportunities there. But ultimately I didn't come back, and stayed for over a year, and got into cryptocurrencies where I made a decent amount of money during the explosion of btc last year. I decided to come back home and try to work towards studying in Canada, as an undergrad. Long story short I got denied. Because they didn't think I will come back and be able to sufficiently support myself in Canada... During the process of my canada visa I lost my passport, and after I received message that I have been denied I went for a new passport, which I eventually got after about 2 months of waiting and trouble. I went to Russia with my new passport and back, and now I am thinking of going to USA for a eye surgery, what are my chances of getting a visa?. Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
Chucks8855:
Hello guys please I need your advise. In 2015 I left my studies in computer science at a Nigerian university, because of some difficulties I was going through. I basically dropped out. Then in 2016 an opportunity came for me to travel to South Africa, my intention was to go there for one month and come back since it doesn't seem like there's much opportunities there. But ultimately I didn't come back, and stayed for over a year, and got into cryptocurrencies where I made a decent amount of money during the explosion of btc last year. I decided to come back home and try to work towards studying in Canada, as an undergrad. Long story short I got denied. Because they didn't think I will come back and be able to sufficiently support myself in Canada... During the process of my canada visa I lost my passport, and after I received message that I have been denied I went for a new passport, which I eventually got after about 2 months of waiting and trouble. I went to Russia with my new passport and back, and now I am thinking of going to USA for a eye surgery, what are my chances of getting a visa?. Any advice will be appreciated.

How much do you have? Health care is the biggest fraud in the USA those capitalist will milk you dry.

Unless you are a money bag and your eye done scatter finish meaning na emergency bros no waste your money. Go to Asia. Canada done deny you dem go scrutinize you like man whey dey find scattered dry fish for inside ogbono soup

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

So you think the consular officers have not seen cases where husband or wife goes to the USA divorces their naija spouse, contracts a sham marriage for the purpose of legalizing a stay, then remarries previous spouse and files for them to go to the USA or previous spouse applies for visiting based on what you said gets to the USA and remarries former spouse?

Fact she knows where he is will count against her. (Psych 101) since she is claiming abandonment

I would have agreed with this highlighted statement of yours if we were still in the early 90's but after the post 911 attacks that trick no longer works or is that easy to fool those US visa officers again.

I know a number of couples who tried that fake green card marriage scam even in the early 2000's and till now they are still in complete limbo with either being denied of their green cards or it being revoked after the green cards were approved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Beautyaddy:

I would have agreed with this highlighted statement of yours if we were still in the early 90's but after the post 911 attacks that trick no longer works or is that easy to fool those US visa officers again.

I know a number of couples who tried that fake green card marriage scam even in the early 2000's and till now they are still in complete limbo with either being denied of their green cards or it being revoked after the green cards were approved.

It still does not take away the fact that the immigration system is porous and DT is being hounded for trying to fix the mess.

Btw that format still dey work gidigba

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chucks8855: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

How much do you have? Health care is the biggest fraud in the USA those capitalist will milk you dry.

Unless you are a money bag and your eye done scatter finish meaning na emergency bros no waste your money. Go to Asia. Canada done deny you dem go scrutinize you like man whey dey find scattered dry fish for inside ogbono soup

I think I can afford the lasik surgery in the USA, as far as I know it's not crazy expensive. Do you think the USA immigration will be aware of my canada refusal even though the passport itself isn't the same one?.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
Chucks8855:

I think I can afford the lasik surgery in the USA, as far as I know it's not crazy expensive. Do you think the USA immigration will be aware of my canada refusal even though the passport itself isn't the same one?.

After the surgery what next?

Health care is cheaper in Canada. FACT!
Go to Canada grin
Boy your fingerprints are locked in. Unless you do a full body reconstructive surgery and change your identity.

They got you grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chucks8855: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

After the surgery what next?

Health care is cheaper in Canada. FACT!
Go to Canada grin
Boy your fingerprints are locked in. Unless you do a full body reconstructive surgery and change your identity.

They got you grin

I would go to Canada if I have a chance of getting the visa. That's why I am seeking opinions here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Chucks8855:

I would go to Canada if I have a chance of getting the visa. That's why I am seeking opinions here.

Consistency is key stick with Canada life is cheaper and less hassle me sef wan tear go.naija done taya man
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chucks8855: 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Consistency is key stick with Canada life is cheaper and less hassle me sef wan tear go.naija done taya man

I will follow your advice. In truth Canada is where I really want to go. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by PhDAdmission19: 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hello,

I'm about to ask a question I think has been answered on this thread but I can't find it when I used the search button. I'm a student in the US and what to bring my mom through visitor's visa. What document(s) do I need to give her for her visa interview? Do I need to write letter inviting her or?. Please guide me. Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
Chucks8855:

I will follow your advice. In truth Canada is where I really want to go.

I will join you there soon grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
PhDAdmission19:
Hello,

I'm about to ask a question I think has been answered on this thread but I can't find it when I used the search button. I'm a student in the US and what to bring my mom through visitor's visa. What document(s) do I need to give her for her visa interview? Do I need to write letter inviting her or?. Please guide me. Thanks!

. . . want to "bring" your mum? What does that mean?
Have her relocate via a B1/B2 or just vacation?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chuchunana: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

It still does not take away the fact that the immigration system is porous and DT is being hounded for trying to fix the mess.

Btw that format still dey work gidigba

Format wey dey active dieeeee...#leavestory
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by PhDAdmission19: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
#deleted

AfonjaBoston:

. . . want to "bring" your mum? What does that mean?
Have her relocate via a B1/B2 or just vacation?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Skorea: 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Look at someone that hasn’t been to Canada talking about Canada like he has been there.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bolamike: 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hello everyone. I have an interview scheduled this august. I'm a web developer and I currently work remotely for a registered digital agency in the US. The company needs my presence over there because I am the lead developer and the main purpose of me going there is because we are holding bootcamps, workshops and training to teach people about programming in which I am the one to anchor the program. I will also be training interns after the bootcamps and workshops. My length of stay is 1 year which is the total coverage of how long I will be there. Salary is huge. My boss is the one sponsoring the trip. What are my chances and the questions likely to be asked?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Reine22: 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
Not a visitor’s visa

Bolamike:
Hello everyone. I have an interview scheduled this august. I'm a web developer and I currently work remotely for a registered digital agency in the US. The company needs my presence over there because I am the lead developer and the main purpose of me going there is because we are holding bootcamps, workshops and training to teach people about programming in which I am the one to anchor the program. I will also be training interns after the bootcamps and workshops. My length of stay is 1 year which is the total coverage of how long I will be there. Salary is huge. My boss is the one sponsoring the trip. What are my chances and the questions likely to be asked?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Hnmmmmmmm another angle.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

I will join you there soon grin

Chaiiii see our life... grin grin grin

Can we get it right in this country?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
Seye, you should know AfonjaBoston is only acting.... I will just keep sealed lips sha on the two main matters on this thread. Na dreamland una dey?

Meanwhile, Afonja, you na Twoods? You are a suspect.... Una hound my guy comot come take over him "knocking" duties! Abi?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Paularge2211: 8:45pm On Aug 03, 2018
Good day pals,
Pls just a clarification pls,
Does The US Embassy verify Bank Account Statement?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bolamike: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
Reine22:
Not a visitor’s visa

Why?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
OmoBendel24:
Seye, you should know AfonjaBoston is only acting.... I will just keep sealed lips sha on the two main matters on this thread. Na dreamland una dey?

Meanwhile, Afonja, you na Twoods? You are a suspect.... Una hound my guy comot come take over him "knocking" duties! Abi?

I know now.... grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
Bolamike:

Why?
I guess s/he meant not visitor visa for Leisure/Medical/Business (B1/B2) which permit only short stays (180 days max?). You should be searching for the thread on visas with work permits or educational visa. And perhaps details/application should originate from your boss in the US. Keep searching for the right thread/info. All the best.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Paularge2211:
Good day pals,
Pls just a clarification pls,
Does The US Embassy verify Bank Account Statement?
Thanks in anticipation

Yes when necessary.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hiya guyz... Pls which date is available for the visa interview booking. I intend traveling on 21st - 30th of Nov. can I still get an early booking in Lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bolamike: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
bigbus:

I guess s/he meant not visitor visa for Leisure/Medical/Business (B1/B2) which permit only short stays (180 days max?). You should be searching for the thread on visas with work permits or educational visa. And perhaps details/application should originate from your boss in the US. Keep searching for the right thread/info. All the best.

Every details originated from my boss. We have an immigrant lawyer and the lawyer was the one who told us to go ahead with it that way. What are my chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Paularge2211: 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
seyewest:

Yes when necessary.

Thanks a lot Bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
emailaddy:
Hiya guyz... Pls which date is available for the visa interview booking. I intend traveling on 21st - 30th of Nov. can I still get an early booking in Lagos?
pls na edakun?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
Bolamike:

Every details originated from my boss. We have an immigrant lawyer and the lawyer was the one who told us to go ahead with it that way. What are my chances?
Again, like the other person said, you are asking on the wrong thread. This thread is for visiting visas not work/immigration Visas...no one would be able to tell what your chances are as experiences shared here are for B visas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.