Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171200 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sage7(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oak01: 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
hajidel:

Well sometimes its ok to disagree I guess.

We are all open to learning new things and becoming better. Lets keep sharing ideas.

You have to go through with the form and the appointment scheduler to find out when availability is. You can request for expedited appointment provided it meets the expedition requirements.

However, nothing stops you from taking up an appointment in Abuja if they have earlier dates. That will be a much better option than the expedited request.

Good day sir(s) and ma(s), its a Great job you're all doing here proffering solutions to any situation that seems water-tight, God will reward you all accordingly, Amen.

Here lies my situation, I have been reading and digesting all this while, now we are going for the interview this week as we have scheduled since june as a family consisting of Husband, Wife and Daughter(a minor), we have made our extensive research, but no one is an island of knowledge.

Consociates(fellow nairalanders) what advise would you give us we are going for Christmas vacation nothing more, we have gathered all our documents( necessary and unnecessary) lol, digested all what we filled on Our DS-160 and been practising our answers.

Gurus in the house, your kind advise/admonition will be appreciated.

Cc: hajidel, omobendel, seyewest, LadyG, Nothing DoMe and every other person.

Thanks in anticipation....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2018
Please want to ask a quick question
A friend of mine is trying to renew her visa which hasn’t expired but cause she wud be using it soonest and doesn’t want it to expire while she is away
What I want to know is if it’s possible to renew a visa before expiration
Has anyone ever tried that before ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrnatural(m): 7:48pm On Oct 14, 2018
Someone should answer my question Na?

Or is the thread No longer relevant?

mrnatural:
Hello everybody, greetings to you all most especially the person that created this thread. Been informative, educative and otherwise.

Straight to the point.
My wife and I got married August 2018. We plan on going to the US for our honeymoon.

I run a business here in Lagos with a registered company since 2012 and I have a eoburat turnover in my cooperate bank account
As for my wife, she's an interior decorator. She just finished her NYSC last year.

What if she gets pregnant in the process while waiting for our interview?

We have No travel history and both passports are virgin. As a matter of fact, her international passport just expired and she's going for a renewal.
Do we have to go to Ghana,Togo and Benin to disvirgin our passport or just apply with the virgin passport without any travel history?

And is it too late to go honeymoon now

NB: we haven't applied yet o. The travel should be around February 14th (Valentine)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
mrnatural:

Some people with no travel history have been given US visa.
Conversely, some people with extended travel history have been denied visas.

So travelling to Ghana, Kinshasa, Mogadishu ... before applying for US visa may or my not help.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
mrnatural:

Questions will be answered when they are seen and answers available. Just have to be patient; Patience is virtue which most of us lack myself included. But your question has been answered. I will just add this to it; Adjudication of a visa is not solely dependent on travel history. Other factors are considered and are more important than travel history. If she is pregnant during the interview, she can admit it as it is not illegal to have a baby in the US neither is it a grounds for the VO to refuse you based on just being pregnant. What you will need to do however, is to present a solid case with extensive finances that you will not be a public charge to the USA with your pregnant wife and unborn child.

Besides the countries you listed, count for little as travel history to the US or any first world consulate for the issuance of a visa. Why? Because those countries don't require much to acquire their visas and they're not countries people want to go and never return unlike USA, UK, Australia, etc. "They" know the drill.

TheCongo2:

So travelling to Ghana, Kinshasa, Mogadishu ... before applying for US visa may or my not help.

Seconded 1000000%.

ninab:
A friend of mine is trying to renew her visa which hasn’t expired but cause she wud be using it soonest and doesn’t want it to expire while she is away

It is 100% possible to do.

EsotericMonk:
Good day friends, pardon me if this had been addressed earlier.

I plan on a visit to US in December ending, to coincide with my leave.

I have recently moved to London on a work visa and so would apply from London.

Is there anyone who could give me an insight, possibility of getting an interview date this month, and any other general advice.

Thanks much.

Fill and complete the DS-160 form, pay your MRV fee and go through the scheduling website for date availability. Applying in London, it will be much easier to get an interview date sooner. Consider your chances of successfully being issued a visa as you've only just moved to London on a work visa.

Oak01:

Good day sir(s) and ma(s), its a Great job you're all doing here proffering solutions to any situation that seems water-tight, God will reward you all accordingly, Amen.

Here lies my situation, I have been reading and digesting all this while, now we are going for the interview this week as we have scheduled since june as a family consisting of Husband, Wife and Daughter(a minor), we have made our extensive research, but no one is an island of knowledge.

Consociates(fellow nairalanders) what advise would you give us we are going for Christmas vacation nothing more, we have gathered all our documents( necessary and unnecessary) lol, digested all what we filled on Our DS-160 and been practising our answers.

Well it seems like you are prepared and ready to go. So continue to prepare, prepare, prepare for any possible questions about your family (here or usa), your work etc. Going as a family may be positive or negative depending on the VO you encounter. There's not too much advise we can give other than preparing as much as you can. As a family interview, most times the questions are directed to the principal applicant. That being said, your spouse needs to prepare too as everyone MUST qualify on their own merit.

They hardly look at documents to be honest as most information needed to adjudicate the visa are formed on the DS-160 form and most importantly the interview.

You have probably less than 2 minutes to tell the VO why you will be going to the USA and what will compel you to return to Nigeria at the end of your visit.

Have you ever travelled for a vacation as a family to any other places before??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tunmesh: 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
Well it seems like you are prepared and ready to go. So continue to prepare, prepare, prepare for any possible questions about your family (here or usa), your work etc. Going as a family may be positive or negative depending on the VO you encounter. There's not too much advise we can give other than preparing as much as you can. As a family interview, most times the questions are directed to the principal applicant. That being said, your spouse needs to prepare too as everyone MUST qualify on their own merit.

They hardly look at documents to be honest as most information needed to adjudicate the visa are formed on the DS-160 form and most importantly the interview.

You have probably less than 2 minutes to tell the VO why you will be going to the USA and what will compel you to return to Nigeria at the end of your visit.

[/quote]

Yes we have been to a neighboring country together as family on a vacation for a week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Oak01: 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
hajidel:

Questions will be answered when they are seen and answers available. Just have to be patient; Patience is virtue which most of us lack myself included. But your question has been answered. I will just add this to it; Adjudication of a visa is not solely dependent on travel history. Other factors are considered and are more important than travel history. If she is pregnant during the interview, she can admit it as it is not illegal to have a baby in the US neither is it a grounds for the VO to refuse you based on just being pregnant. What you will need to do however, is to present a solid case with extensive finances that you will not be a public charge to the USA with your pregnant wife and unborn child.

Besides the countries you listed, count for little as travel history to the US or any first world consulate for the issuance of a visa. Why? Because those countries don't require much to acquire their visas and they're not countries people want to go and never return unlike USA, UK, Australia, etc. "They" know the drill.

Seconded 1000000%.

It is 100% possible to do.

Fill and complete the DS-160 form, pay your MRV fee and go through the scheduling website for date availability. Applying in London, it will be much easier to get an interview date sooner. Consider your chances of successfully being issued a visa as you've only just moved to London on a work visa.

who is this quoiting your response to me, anyways, we only visited Accra sometimes ago, still preparing sha, thanks for taking your time to reply me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrnatural(m): 4:12am On Oct 15, 2018
TheCongo2:

Well travelling for honeymoon after getting married since August 2018. Wouldn't that be considered as too long a time to go for honeymoon?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ashmark(m): 4:58am On Oct 15, 2018
Hello guys, am having interview by Thursday. I just discovered that I made a mistake on my DS-160 form. I Inputted that have traveled to Cote D'lvoire instead of Benin Republic. Do you think it will have any effect.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2018
mrnatural:

Well travelling for honeymoon after getting married since August 2018. Wouldn't that be considered as too long a time to go for honeymoon?

You are the one traveling and should be able to answer that question based on your circumstances.

Anyway, I did a Google search with respect to your question, and this is my finding:

How long after a wedding is the honeymoon?

Perhaps the weather at your chosen destination is at its best six months after the wedding. Maybe you've taken so much time off work for wedding planning you can't take any more until next year, or your job is seasonal so you can't really take two weeks right after your wedding

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
mrnatural:

Honeymoon can be taken at anytime due to different circumstances. Just like the answer below says.

TheCongo2:

You are the one traveling and should be ableton answer that question based on your circumstances.

Anyway, I did a Google search with respect to your question, and this is my finding:

How long after a wedding is the honeymoon?

Perhaps the weather at your chosen destination is at its best six months after the wedding. Maybe you've taken so much time off work for wedding planning you can't take any more until next year, or your job is seasonal so you can't really take two weeks right after your wedding

Ashmark:
Hello guys, am having interview by Thursday. I just discovered that I made a mistake on my DS-160 form. I Inputted that have traveled to Cote D'lvoire instead of Benin Republic. Do you think it will have any effect.

Refill another DS-160 form, update your cgi.federal.secure.force.com profile with the new DS-160 confirmation number and reprint your appointment confirmation together with the newly completed DS-160 form and go to the interview with the updated form and appointment confirmation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Oak01:

What/Which kind of advise will you like us to help you with.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
ninab:

She will be invited for interview asap... This is from a personal experience.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ben4boss: 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
Gud afternoon everyone,
Please I want you guys to help me out,
Yesterday I got a message from the embassy that my appointment time has been rescheduled but still on the same day only the time was changed and interview is next week.
Please Any help.
Why did they change my time?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by blessingee: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
I am scheduled for Interview tomorrow and i am so ill-prepared. I have been very busy that i didnt even prepare or carry out any research.

I am married, but travelling alone for a church conference.

What are the necessary documents i should go with, originals or photocopies ?

I am thinking of Employment letter, Letter Of Introduction from my company, Payslip etc.

I urgently need an advice.

I have only travelled to Dubai and that was in June this year.

I will appreciate speedy suggestions and assistance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
blessingee:
I am scheduled for Interview tomorrow and i am so ill-prepared. I have been very busy that i didnt even prepare or carry out any research.

I am thinking of Employment letter, Letter Of Introduction from my company, Payslip etc.

There is no particular set of documents required for the US visa except your international passport.

Don't be nervous. If you don't are not approved tomorrow, there is always a second, third, fourth, fifth .... chance. Don't treat the US visa as a do or die thing

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
Ben4boss:
Gud afternoon everyone,
Please I want you guys to help me out,
Yesterday I got a message from the embassy that my appointment time has been rescheduled but still on the same day only the time was changed and interview is next week.
Please Any help.
Why did they change my time?

Depending on the workload they can reschedule interviews at their discretion.

blessingee:

Preparation is key and lack of preparation will see you as careless or over confident.

Anyways, get as much of your employment and financial documents in order as well as documents on the conference (confirmation, invite etc). Documents though are rarely required as evidence, the interview will determine your eligibility.

seyewest:

She will be invited for interview asap... This is from a personal experience.

Renewals need to go through the scheduling process as well not the same as new applicants as some countries (nigeria included) have the option of dropbox to expedite processing if visa is expired within the last 12 months and you are applying for the same class of visa that has expired.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
hajidel:

Depending on the workload they can reschedule interviews at their discretion.

Preparation is key and lack of preparation will see you as careless or over confident.

Anyways, get as much of your employment and financial documents in order as well as documents on the conference (confirmation, invite etc). Documents though are rarely required as evidence, the interview will determine your eligibility.

Renewals need to go through the scheduling process as well not the same as new applicants as some countries (nigeria included) have the option of dropbox to expedite processing if visa is expired within the last 12 months and you are applying for the same class of visa that has expired.

What I'm trying to tell him/her is that, they should wait till the visa expire if not she/he will be invited for interview at the Embassy instead of qualifying for dropbox.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
Guys I applied for a B1/B2 visa in 2016 to go for a taekwondo competition but i was denied because I couldn't answer questions about taekwondo, before I applied in 2016 I had a Kenya visa which I didn't use and I have been to Italy,i also have a couple of denials from Italy, after I was denied in 2016 I went for vacation in dubia later in 2016,i didn't travel in 2017 but I got a South African visa, and now in 2018 I was in Ghana for vacation, Dubai for vacation and also Kenya for about 3 days, I am not married and for work I own a car lot and also run a luxury private transportation company, so I want to apply for a visit visa now to the US though I have an uncle that I ca visit but we do not share the same surname, please any advice on my visa and does anyone know my chances ? and petiole that have applied for visas recently is there anything new you can update me with so my chances for the visa can be high.please reply thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
seyewest:

What I'm trying to tell him/her is that, they should wait till the visa expire if not she/he will be invited for interview at the Embassy instead of qualifying for dropbox.

Ok didn't read that way but yeah i would agree with you on that;

saintobi009:
Guys I applied for a B1/B2 visa in 2016 to go for a taekwondo competition but i was denied because I couldn't answer questions about taekwondo, before I applied in 2016 I had a Kenya visa which I didn't use and I have been to Italy,i also have a couple of denials from Italy, after I was denied in 2016 I went for vacation in dubia later in 2016,i didn't travel in 2017 but I got a South African visa, and now in 2018 I was in Ghana for vacation, Dubai for vacation and also Kenya for about 3 days, I am not married and for work I own a car lot and also run a luxury private transportation company, so I want to apply for a visit visa now to the US though I have an uncle that I ca visit but we do not share the same surname, please any advice on my visa and does anyone know my chances ? and petiole that have applied for visas recently is there anything new you can update me with so my chances for the visa can be high.please reply thanks.

You asked the same question about a page or so ago and it was answered. The visa adjudication is not a game of chances or roulette. You have to qualify and be eligible to receive one. So all you do is apply and the VO will determine through the law of the US whether you qualify and are eligible for the visa you sought.

Some in their head and documentation are qualified but they don't demonstrate that to the VO at the interview which is the most critical part of the process together with the DS-160 and are thus refused and some do not qualify with their documentation but at the interview window, the VO determines they qualify.

Your chances therefore is to know the class of visa you applying for, making sure you qualify for it that you will go to America and return back within a specified period of time, prepare your DS-160 form truthfully then go to the interview and convince the VO that what you wrote on the form reflects who you are.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
saintobi009:

Deja vu all over again
No one can predict your chances

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lord001: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

Now my testimony. It was all God.

I had my visa app (J1) today in Abuja, 1pm.

7 persons were before me. 2 were denied (blue and yellow paper). All interviews took an average of 5-7 questions.

Now it was my turn. Name called to proceed to window 8. A white lady with pointed nose, may be in her late 30s.

V. O - with a smile, Good afternoon
Me: Afternoon Ma'am
V. O: what do you do in Nigeria?
Me: I am a legal practitioner, specifically a prosecutor with xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. My duties include xxxxxxxxxxx
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Any Children?
VO: Alright. I will be approving your visa..... Bla bla bla.
Me: All smiles. Thank you and do have a great day.

NB: No travel history ie virgin passport and I'll be 29 come this December.

Bottom line : It was all God's grace. I went for my interview fasting sha. �

16 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ak22(m): 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
Na God . He Go Surely Do my Own

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lord001:
Hi Guys,

Now my testimony. It was all God.

I had my visa app (J1) today in Abuja, 1pm.

7 persons were before me. 2 were denied (blue and yellow paper). All interviews took an average of 5-7 questions.

Now it was my turn. Name called to proceed to window 8. A white lady with pointed nose, may be in her late 30s.

V. O - with a smile, Good afternoon
Me: Afternoon Ma'am
V. O: what do you do in Nigeria?
Me: I am a legal practitioner, specifically a prosecutor with xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. My duties include xxxxxxxxxxx
VO: Are you married?
VO: Any Children?
VO: Alright. I will be approving your visa..... Bla bla bla.
Me: All smiles. Thank you and do have a great day.

NB: No travel history ie virgin passport and I'll be 29 come this December.

Bottom line : It was all God's grace. I went for my interview fasting sha. �

Congratulations. You done well. Yes its God's grace, but you did prepare yourself.

Also the class of visa being sought is also very important. In this case, J1 visas are refused but not at the rate of B1/B2. Majority apply for B1/B2 hence the high refusal rates.

Congratulations once again and hope you enjoy your time and learn a lot from this exchange.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sjvictor21: 1:46am On Oct 16, 2018
Hello Nairaland,

It’s been a while since I last came on here. Almost 2 years. Well, I have a couple of questions to ask and I would appreciate your kind efforts to help me out. I’m currently in the USA undergoing AOS and I want to invite my mom for my wedding which is in December. My concern is if she would be given the visa. She has an interview scheduled already and i’m worried. She was supposed to come with my dad but he passed away 2 months back, so she will be coming alone. Is there any tips or things to pay attention to? My wife sent out the invitation letter to her, alongside other documentations like bank statements, international passports and all. Please help me my people, is wedding invitation a solid ground to be granted B1/B2 visa? Is there anything we should consider? Can my status in the US affect things?

N.B. She will only be staying for 3 weeks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2018
Sjvictor21:
Hello Nairaland,

It’s been a while since I last came on here. Almost 2 years. Well, I have a couple of questions to ask and I would appreciate your kind efforts to help me out. I’m currently in the USA undergoing AOS and I want to invite my mom for my wedding which is in December. My concern is if she would be given the visa. She has an interview scheduled already and i’m worried. She was supposed to come with my dad but he passed away 2 months back, so she will be coming alone. Is there any tips or things to pay attention to? My wife sent out the invitation letter to her, alongside other documentations like bank statements, international passports and all. Please help me my people, is wedding invitation a solid ground to be granted B1/B2 visa? Is there anything we should consider? Can my status in the US affect things?

If am to interview her...

Your AOS is something to be worried about. You said she will only be staying 3 weeks? That was how you said you would only be staying for sometime and you ended up adjusting your status.

But sha, wetin I know?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrnatural(m): 7:21am On Oct 16, 2018
Sjvictor21:
Hello Nairaland,

Whats your status in the US?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrnatural(m): 7:23am On Oct 16, 2018
Sjvictor21:
Hello Nairaland,

We need to understand so it gives us better inept on How To answer you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mrnatural(m): 7:28am On Oct 16, 2018
Sjvictor21:
Hello Nairaland,

What's your status in the US?

We need to understand so we can know How To Help you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by yungbilli: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2018
Hi everyone. My visa was issued but i wasn't notified by DHL collection center in VI....I was there few days go and was told my passport has been returned back to he embassy. I tracked my passport and it reads "Your passport has been returned to post"...I have sent lot of messages to LagosNiv@state.gov and called the embassy. No response yet. Please anyone experienced this issue and is there a possibility my visa will be revoked?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
yungbilli:
Hi everyone. My visa was issued but i wasn't notified by DHL collection center in VI....I was there few days go and was told my passport has been returned back to he embassy. I tracked my passport and it reads "Your passport has been returned to post"...I have sent lot of messages to LagosNiv@state.gov and called the embassy. No response yet. Please anyone experienced this issue and is there a possibility my visa will be revoked?

Go to the embassy and ask for your passport. Simples.

mrnatural:

What's your status in the US?

We need to understand so we can know How To Help you

Red flag in high mast here

mrnatural:

Red flag calling

ayenikunle:

If am to interview her...

Your AOS is something to be worried about. You said she will only be staying 3 weeks? That was how you said you would only be staying for sometime and you ended up adjusting your status.

But sha, wetin I know?

Highly likely;
Sjvictor21:
Hello Nairaland,

Your mom's visa will be refused 1000000% because you came here 2 years ago seeking advice on how to successfully circumvent the US law by saying you will be attending a conference for 5 days and 2 years later, your adjusting your status to LPR. Your mom is about to do the same thing, so no sorry your mom will not be issued a visa. Unless you want to make us $160 richer then you are welcome to apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.