Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176829 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
If your going to US is for greener pasture then you're in the wrong thread....

Kindly check the US immigrants thread the visa officers will surely give you a better explanation

Dgovernor88:
my going to US is for my greener pastures I guess my answer we help. And why did you say my work history in Dubai maybe a red card Perhaps Dubai is not included among the Islamic countries that was banned from entering US or are they

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jayfierce(m): 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
Compliments of the season to the entire house. DW's visa status has been on Administrative Processing since the day of her interview on 15th Dec 17. Case was updated on 22nd Dec 17 but status was still AP.

Thanks to God, her status has been finally updated as ISUSUED today the 27th.

I cannot count hours spent on this thread reading and preparing. There's almost no question asked by the VO's that we didn't see here. Thanks to all who took out time to post transcripts even when they weren't successful in their application. Their mistakes helped someone else not to make the same mistake. Also thanks to all who take out time to analyze transcripts and questions. We are deeply grateful.

Wishing everyone a prosperous 2018!

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Holyfield1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2017
My brother's interview is scheduled for tomorrow

He's to accompany our grandma who got her VISA already and travelled to visit our uncle once in the States

Grandma slipped and fell on the stairs cry about 2 months ago so my bro will be going with grandma for the medical treatment and visit to my uncle

What are the possible questions he may be asked?

Please help house!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=cocolacec post=63638423]iDear AbujaNiv and LagosNiv,
A friend intend travelling to the USA in March 2018 but doesnt have any contact person there so he intend staying at a hotel for the intended vacation and using the hotel address on his visa application.
Please what do you advise?
He had been to Denmark,Sweden,Norway, Greece,Germany, Togo,Ghana,Egypt,Morocco, UAE,Saudi Arabia,Italy and Turkey in the past.[/quot

.it's okay to use hotel details as contact
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by terrywales: 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=abintinlola post=63632570]Hi everyone. Good evening. Please I want to be guided. My interview is on the 24th of next month. I am going for a church conference. I work as an events manageress. I have been denied once last year. Then, I was working in a multi national company before I resigned to start a company of my own and business has been really good. Now, my question is; I have a sister in Atlanta but I am going for the conference in Utah, Salt lake city to be precise. Last year when I applied, my sister was my contacts person but this year it is different because of my program. What are my chances? I tend to be optimistic though.[/quote

Can you still remember your previous interview transcript? Let start from there]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by terrywales: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2017
ChidiJohn:
Good day all,

I am a silent reader here.

I have been to US embassy to for visa application sometime in 2015 to attended my cousin wedding but I was denied visa then.

I am applying for visa now because I have a church program I am to attended in march 2018, the church is paying for my trip to and fro for 7 days, but I may want to visit another place within the same state but I will be paying for that myself. I don't have any prior travel experience out of Nigeria because I'm not a fan leaving Nigeria for greener pasture and I like my freedom in Nigeria.

I work as accountant, single and member of ICAN I have filled and submitted my ds 160 form and booked interview for February 2018.

My questions is...

1. what are likely questions that VO may asked again since I was refused the first time.

2. I have invitation for the program, does that guaranteed that I will be issue a visa since it a religious program I am attending?

3. what are necessary/relevant documents I need to take to the interview date?

I will be grateful if I get constructive response here and no my flop's from my pervious visa application.

Thank you

First you can let us in to your previous interview transcript

Try to answer this questionsite

Why would church send and pay for your expenses
Are you going in group
What benefits would the church derived from your attendance

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ChidiJohn(m): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
terrywales:

First you can let us in to your previous interview transcript

Try to answer this questionsite

Why would church send and pay for your expenses
Are you going in group
What benefits would the church derived from your attendance

regarding my transcript, it just happen within few seconds, all I could remember was good morning and I responded, they she ask for my passport and asked where I am going. The next thing I saw was blue paper.

The reason why church is paying is....

It a yearly catholic pilgrimage program, so one person is nominated for the program yearly, I also do voluntary work as an accountant and I am the youth president.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=Adeneyagrofeeds post=63645010]Good day to you all. Please I need ur advice. Please is there any implications for not showing up at the interview as I already scheduled jan18 and I won't be available on that date. My original date was this December but couldn't show up due to work load and I rescheduled to jan18, now I won't be able to show up again. I'm ready to let go of the visa fee.

Hope I'm safe on my future application, hope there won't be any issue?
I awaits your response. Thanks
?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Olusheee: 12:29am On Dec 28, 2017
Please can someone explain how to reschedule my application step by step so that I won't make mistake. I was not allowed in for my interview because of an error on my DS160 barcode. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adebayotyc(m): 1:02am On Dec 28, 2017
Good day everyone home, well actually I went for interview in Abuja embassy sometimes September and I got denied my question now is that how soon can I reapply ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boye123: 3:05am On Dec 28, 2017
Hello House please i need your advice, i do have a valid US visa but my family does not. Planning on going on a family vacation next year Easter. will i need to appear with my wife and 2 kids or just let her appear at the embassy with kids possibly with my own passport .

Also I just came back from the US on an 11 days trip, purpose was to attend a conference. will like to ask how soon can I apply for the family in regards our family visit next year easter.

Awaits your kind response.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sammie88(m): 4:44am On Dec 28, 2017
He still does. I was thinking it should be basically immediate families like Brothers and Sisiters maybe. SO that means I will have to include it in my fresh ds-160 again as against the old ds-160 with the older passport number?
seyewest:

Why will you call filling your uncle info is an error?
Or he's not your uncle anymore or he does not live in U.S again?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2017
boye123:
Hello House please i need your advice, i do have a valid US visa but my family does not. Planning on going on a family vacation next year Easter. will i need to appear with my wife and 2 kids or just let her appear at the embassy with kids possibly with my own passport .

Also I just came back from the US on an 11 days trip, purpose was to attend a conference. will like to ask how soon can I apply for the family in regards our family visit next year easter.

Awaits your kind response.
Thanks

You can go back as long as the reason for you trip is not being abused. Meaning even if you are stamped in for 6 months don't go staying for two months. I'm assuming you have a job to go back to.

2. You don't have to go with them if you are busy . You can give a photocopy of your valid visa or your passport to your wife to take to the interview. (I would give my passport as against the photocopy).

Final note:

Don't encourage anyone to overstay their visa or stay as an illegal immigrant in any country including America

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2017
Olusheee:
Please can someone explain how to reschedule my application step by step so that I make mistake. I was not allowed in for my interview because of an error on my DS160 barcode. Thank you.

No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boye123: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
@seyewest and other expert in the house, plz what month is advisable i apply for my family we plan going on a family vacation come Easter next year. Moreso i just got back on a 10 days trip from the US this december.
thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
TheCongo2:

Why would work history in Dubai be a red flag?
He's not an expatriate and surely trying to get to U.S to work.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
TheCongo2:

Hmmmm.... interresting...

Getting a refugee status in Canada isn't as easy as people think. Thousands of Haitians had left the US to apply for refugee status in Canada but so far only 10 percent of them have been granted refugees status.

No matter how legit you are... Canadian Embassy will not issue you a visit visa for now.... The reason was because we (Nigerian) have succeeded in abusing the refugee status thing.... it's just crazy.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Yes Seye is correct.
But if you don't get it, then you don't get it.
Since the poster's intention is to misuse his visa, I lack the saliva to spell it out

LadyG I can smell them from miles.... They're desperate... you can't work as a cleaner,clerk,hotel manager etc in Dubai or anywhere in the world and expect U.S embassy to issue you a visa.... you have to have something different than that.... maybe a top tier work in dubai or elsewhere.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
coldsummer:

You can go back as long as the reason for you trip is not being abused. Meaning even if you are stamped in for 6 months don't go staying for two months. I'm assuming you have a job to go back to.

2. You don't have to go with them if you are busy . You can give a photocopy of your valid visa or your passport to your wife to take to the interview. (I would give my passport as against the photocopy).

Final note:

Don't encourage anyone to overstay their visa or stay as an illegal immigrant in any country including America
I will suggest you give your wife your passport with the visa not photocopy but the original copy when she's going for the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
boye123:
@seyewest and other expert in the house, plz what month is advisable i apply for my family we plan going on a family vacation come Easter next year. Moreso i just got back on a 10 days trip from the US this december.
thanks.
Apply anytime even January, you can actually plan towards Easter holiday and remember to give your wife your passport with the visa when she's going for the interview not the photocopy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Naommydammy(f): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hi everyone, I have tried uploading my passport photograph several times while filling my DS-160 form but I am still not getting the requirements,any info on how to go about it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dgovernor88:
my going to US is for my greener pastures I guess my answer we help. And why did you say my work history in Dubai maybe a red card Perhaps Dubai is not included among the Islamic countries that was banned from entering US or are they

I am presently on holiday in Arizona. The pastures here are very brown at present! Up in the northeast, it’s going to be a subzero week, I guess the pastures there would be white as snow.

But I digress; if your aim is to go to the US for greener pastures then you’re not only in the wrong thread, but you’re also taking the wrong tack. There is no visa that specifically enables you to go seek greener pastures in the US. if you want to go back to school, there is a thread for that.

Also, having worked in Dubai, it is clear that you have immigrant intent. That is going to be a huge albatross around your neck when applying for US non immigrant visas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
ChidiJohn:

regarding my transcript, it just happen within few seconds, all I could remember was good morning and I responded, they she ask for my passport and asked where I am going. The next thing I saw was blue paper.

The reason why church is paying is....

It a yearly catholic pilgrimage program, so one person is nominated for the program yearly, I also do voluntary work as an accountant and I am the youth president.

They’ve probably seen so many going on “church programs”. They also known that some of the most corrupt Nigerians are also the most fervent church goers and tithers. You likely will be denied.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
seyewest:

No matter how legit you are... Canadian Embassy will not issue you a visit visa for now.... The reason was because we (Nigerian) have succeeded in abusing the refugee status thing.... it's just crazy.

From the stats, I don't think that Nigerians in Canada had abused the refugees system like the Congoleses or Haitians or Indians had done. And the Canadian Embassy is still issuing visas to national from the Congo, Haiti and India.
I am a Congolese by the way.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samantha111: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
I promised to share my transcript from my Visa interview last week. Here it is. I will post what I think of the process afterwards.

VO: what will you be doing in Atlanta
me: my medical clerkship
vo: for how long
me: 6 months
vo: at what hospital?
me: blah blah hospital
vo: any documentation to proof this?
me: (passes her all the req docs and she types for likr 2 mins while looking at the docz)
Vo: how much do you budget for your monthly expenses?
Me: $500 for my personal spending
vo: $500? that's ridiculously low for the area you are headed
me: very true, like i mentioned that's for my personal spending and does not include my rent which is around $800 (at this point I almost lost composure)
vo: who's sponsoring you?
Me: my mum
vo: what does she do
me: She's a ---- at ----
vo: Do you have her financial statement.
me: (passes it to her)
vo: (looks through it, Continues typing)
vo: have you travelled outside Nigeria before.
Me: Yes... The UK, ---, --,---,---,--- and ----
vo: passes me all my docs, your visa has been approved , hands me the paper while calling for the next.
My hands were jittery as I was a little confused but excited, trying ti cram my docs into my clear file...

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samantha111: 10:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
My thoughts

Firstly, thanks n thanks again to all the amazing people that created this thread, I learnt a lot about answering questions directly, compusure, and preparedness. You may not believe this, but I have been reading this thread since December last year, starting from part one. It was tedious but worth it, as I got loads of knowledge.

Before applying for the visa, I felt the odds were not in my favor. I'm single, 27, not working, dependent on parents at that age, i had applied for visa lottery years back wkth my friends which could make me seem like an immigrant and also I was not going for a few weeks but 6 months!!!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NanaF: 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
Naommydammy:
Hi everyone, I have tried uploading my passport photograph several times while filling my DS-160 form but I am still not getting the requirements,any info on how to go about it?

Use the tool provided, it will help crop your photo to the correct dimensions .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BornAgainMay: 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
[quote author=terrywales post=63664043][/quote]

Sir, with all due respect, can you tell me how you get to know about the conference.

I am also interested in going for a workshop but don't know where to get any online.

How did they invite you please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samantha111: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
My thoughts

Firstly, thanks n thanks again to all the amazing people that created this thread, I learnt a lot about answering questions directly, compusure, and preparedness. You may not believe this, but I have been reading this thread since December last year, starting from part one. It was tedious but worth it, as I got loads of knowledge.

Before applying for the visa, I felt the odds were not in my favor. I'm single, 27, not working, dependent on parents at that age, i had applied for visa lottery years back wkth my friends which could make me seem like an immigrant and also I was not going for a few weeks but 6 months!!!

*I believe before you step before the VO you have bren analyzed. it begins with the official whi takes your passport, and the other folk whi does the thumb printing
He literally scanned the visas on my passport and observed how composed I was as he instructed me to place my fingers. He did this for this ahead of me too.

*Shockingly, my VO barely looked at me... which scared me by the way

*IT DEPENDS ON THE VO YOU MEET. I believe this is the biggest factor. In my few minutes in the queue, i noticed some of the consulars were willing ti listen and give people a Chance imto explain themselves, while some where strict handing out the yellow paper fir further investigation even for folks who sounded very genuine.

* Don't be desperate... and know what you are going in for, as you will be asked. One man said he was going for his aunties funeral in Chicago, but could not explain how they were related, when asked

*BE friendly, most people took it seriously... way too seriously. The VOs resembled some of my friends in school so it was easy for me to just paint a mental image that I was discussing with my girlfriend Kamiller
In addition, the VOs looked just about Normal to me, nothing out of the ordinary or the psychologists i was expecting to see...lol. Maybe they were, but they looked like regular folks, who could tell from ones expression just like you and I that someone was being dishonest.

*Write probable questions you may be asked... even hard ones, practice, practice practice. This really helped me. As I was ready tk answers and not vague.

... Feel free to ask me any Qs, I will try to answer.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
TheCongo2:

From the stats, I don't think that Nigerians in Canada had abused the refugees system like the Congoleses or Haitians or Indians had done. And the Canadian Embassy is still issuing visas to national from the Congo, Haiti and India.
I am a Congolese by the way.

One thing about stats is 5% Congolese is not the same with 5% Nigerian.
Infact 5% Congolese is not up to 2% Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by breebrand: 2:52am On Dec 29, 2017
Hello everyone. I salute those who are spending their time to educate people here. My 14 year old daughter has been on my neck lately about visiting the US ;about two of her classmates were there for their summer holidays. Actually I've promised my family in the past that we'd visit Disney land one day but haven't given much thought to it. Now my wife is also saying it's about time we tried. I'm a business man in my late thirties, earning about 500k to 750k/month depending on sales. Wife is a full housewife in her mid thirties (she does some online businesses which she earns from). We have a second daughter aged 5. I'm thinking of taking them to Disney land during the Easter holidays. We have no travel history. Pls advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 3:47am On Dec 29, 2017
breebrand:
Hello everyone. I salute those who are spending their time to educate people here. My 14 year old daughter has been on my neck lately about visiting the US ;about two of her classmates were there for their summer holidays. Actually I've promised my family in the past that we'd visit Disney land one day but haven't given much thought to it. Now my wife is also saying it's about time we tried. I'm a business man in my late thirties, earning about 500k to 750k/month depending on sales. Wife is a full housewife in her mid thirties (she does some online businesses which she earns from). We have a second daughter aged 5. I'm thinking of taking them to Disney land during the Easter holidays. We have no travel history. Pls advise.

I would strongly recommend you to read this thread from the beginning to have a better understanding of the process and to familiarize yourself with the visa interview scenario

Don't let the lack of travel history stops you from applying for a US visa. People has been given US visa without any prior travel history. Keep in mind that honesty is the best policy. You may fail once but may be successful on your next visa application. Stay away from agents given that you may face a lifetime ban for using an agent who may misleed you with fake documents or help you get fake stamps in the passports. Fake documents can easily be detected by embassies.

I have copy and paste the following from a visa officer, LagosNIV. Good luck

The required documents are:

International passport
2 passport photos
DS160 confirmation page
MRV Fee Receipt

Documents which are not required but are sometimes requested:
copies of the US Visa or bio-data page of the international passport of family members who have already been issued visas and who will be traveling with you
copies of the US Green Card or US Passport of family in the US who you are going to visit

Most other documents will not be requested nor looked at if offered. As a general rule if there is a document we want to see in order to make a fair decision on your case we can put the case on hold in 221g status and request that you submit the document before we make a final decision.

LagosNIV

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.