Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176689 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 7:08am On Dec 29, 2017
Something I've observed trending among successful visa applicants. It's called false modesty/humility. People keep saying that they weren't expecting to get the Visa yet they list a very interesting profile(travel, financial, education). I call B*** S***.

You are running in a race and you know you are faster. You reach the finish line before others and you are suddenly surprised? B*** S***. Next thing we start hearing coaching on confidence. The way that word is being used here sometimes you'd think confidence alone can give you a Visa.

Abeg una good morning first.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2017
breebrand:
Hello everyone. I salute those who are spending their time to educate people here. My 14 year old daughter has been on my neck lately about visiting the US ;about two of her classmates were there for their summer holidays. Actually I've promised my family in the past that we'd visit Disney land one day but haven't given much thought to it. Now my wife is also saying it's about time we tried. I'm a business man in my late thirties, earning about 500k to 750k/month depending on sales. Wife is a full housewife in her mid thirties (she does some online businesses which she earns from). We have a second daughter aged 5. I'm thinking of taking them to Disney land during the Easter holidays. We have no travel history. Pls advise.
Please read this thread from 1 to 3 so that you can be well informed on how to go about it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Something I've observed trending among successful visa applicants. It's called false modesty/humility. People keep saying that they weren't expecting to get the Visa yet they list a very interesting profile(travel, financial, education). I call B*** S***.

You are running in a race and you know you are faster. You reach the finish line before others and you are suddenly surprised? B*** S***. Next thing we start hearing coaching on confidence. The way that word is being used here sometimes you'd think confidence alone can give you a Visa.

Abeg una good morning first.
Guu Morrin o
Actually I feel the tone of transcripts is usually influenced by the outcome.
Unsuccessful folks usually are of the opinion that the vo's are mean or issue visas at their whim. When they post, reader's perceptions are also colored. What would have passed as confidence is interpreted as being too forward.
On the other hand, successful transcripts/posters usually see the vo's as wise, friendly highly trained etc. So you really wouldn't blame them if they also feel "confident" cheesy. Shebi we v seen folks with fantastic travel history get denied

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Guu Morrin o
Actually I feel the tone of transcripts is usually influenced by the outcome.
Unsuccessful folks usually are of the opinion that the vo's are mean or issue visas at their whim. When they post, reader's perceptions are also colored. What would have passed as confidence is interpreted as being too forward.
On the other hand, successful transcripts/posters usually see the vo's as wise, friendly highly trained etc. So you really wouldn't blame them if they also feel "confident" cheesy. Shebi we v seen folks with fantastic travel history get denied

LadyG merry Xmas and you're very right... My opinion on this matter is that people with good travel history tend to understand and know the right thing to say at the embassy apart from going for the actually visa interview because almost every POE in the world feels like a mini interview while people without travel history or lack of ties tends to be skeptical about how these things work... although that does not mean someone without travel history won't be given a U.S visa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 2:59pm On Dec 29, 2017
Went for my interview on the 18th of December, we are family of four,me,my wife and two kids.
Me:good morning ma
Vo:good morning
Vo:passports pls
Me:I gave it to her
Vo:why are you going to US
Me:for our first family vacation
Vo:what do you do
Me:I work with bla bla bla as bla bla bla
Vo:you said you work with access bank
Me:No,I work with bla bla bla
Vo:OK,and she pronounced the name of my company wrongly and I corrected her again
Vo:where will you be visiting in US
Me:Orlando Florida
Vo:where wish location will you like to visit in Orlando
Me:Disney world
Vo:why Disney world
Me:Disney world is a very friendly environment for family vacation and this is Xmas period there would be alot of activities all around the corner,so we will have a lot to see.
Vo:who is paying for the trip
Me:am paying for the trip
And over to my wife
Vo:what do you do
Her:I work with bla bla bla bla as a lawyer
Vo:what kind of cases do you handle
Her:she told her
Vo: Have you traveled before
Her:No
Vo: unfortunately I won't be approving your visa you can apply at anytime
Me: I was very surprised I thought we got it,I just put myself together and say thank you ma

I was that African american lady in window 5 some people have been talking about her,before our turn she was even playing with my kids waving her hands to them.my 5 yrs old boy was even answering some question while we were being interviewed,the lady seems to be very friendly.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by francophone134: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
please i need urgent help. my uncle just sent me invitation letter to visit him in the US by april next year for easter. Now d challenges is these, how can i demonstrate strong ties. and how i also dnt have travel history. NOTE: AM A 400 LEVEL STUDENT IN ONE OF THE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
Sorry African american lady in window 9.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by olasanni(m): 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
Good afternoon house my interview is coming up in 2months time, and i will be going with my uncle and aunt since its a group appointment (interview) please I will love to know if it's possible for only 1 or 2 persons to be issued d visa out of 5 people if we all go in together for the interview.

OR let's say one person messes up while answering questions can d vo give just one or two persons d visa if they are convinced they would be coming.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
olasanni:
Good afternoon house my interview is coming up in 2months time, and i will be going with my uncle and aunt since its a group appointment (interview) please I will love to know if it's possible for only 1 or 2 persons to be issued d visa out of 5 people if we all go in together for the interview.

OR let's say one person messes up while answering questions can d vo give just one or two persons d visa if they are convinced they would be coming.
Yes, it is possible for one person to be issued a visa out of a group interview of five people...even ten people! So far you all are adults, you all have to qualify for a visa on your own premise and not based on the profiles of the other people in the group.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2017
MamaOO:

Yes, it is possible for one person to be issued a visa out of a group interview of five people...even ten people! So far you all are adults, you all have to qualify for a visa on your own premise and not based on the profiles of the other people in the group.
Personally sef, me I prefer to go alone. I always feel that group interview thing messes people up.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by adega: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello
Pls is there any one that book appointment recently I want to know the present date available in Lagos please .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Personally sef, me I prefer to go alone. I always feel that group interview thing messes people up.
Exactly! All those people with sketchy info on their DS-160 will just mess things up for others in the group. Guilty by virtue of association. Some visa applicants are lied to by their visa agents that a group interview will increase chances of approval.

My cousin was telling me that the people that wanted to "package" the US visa runs for him said they will be going in a group with a King that wants to attend a Yoruba summit in NYC. I told him point blank, "Bros, na scam" He didn't believe me until they scammed him of 300K and he still did not get the visa. SMH

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
Good Day,

I am trying to add my wife's details under my profile with my Daughter as a family application be interviewed together but i keep getting an error message that her (my wife's profile) already existed. Was able to add my daughter's details.

NB - My wife once applied but was denied
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
MamaOO:

Exactly! All those people with sketchy info on their DS-160 will just mess things up for others in the group. Guilty by virtue of association. Some visa applicants are lied to by their visa agents that a group interview will increase chances of approval.

My cousin was telling me that the people that wanted to "package" the US visa runs for him said they will be going in a group with a King that wants to attend a Yoruba summit in NYC. I told him point blank, "Bros, na scam" He didn't believe me until they scammed him of 300K and he still did not get the visa. SMH
300k!!! Lawdie! I need to become an agent asap!
Serves him right

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
olasanni:

I don't get you... you're yet to do the interview why will you be saying this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by booblacain(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2017
Please can someone help me with a link to the part 2 of this thread. I have been seeing many emphasis on the importance of going through it. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2017
booblacain:
Please can someone help me with a link to the part 2 of this thread. I have been seeing many emphasis on the importance of going through it. Thanks.

Part 2
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by booblacain(m): 10:00am On Dec 30, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
Merry Xmas and a prosperous New year gurus in the house. Honestly am yet to get an exact word to express the excitement in me for belonging to this noble group. This group has opened my eyes to so many things and I have learnt a lot and still learning. If some tells me I can get a visa on my own without agent, in my widest dreamiI will never believe that after I have tried twice with agent and failed.
I must say that this group is simply the best! God bless the originator of this noble group and his cohorts for the amazing initiatives and ideas! In fact 1001 pages is not enough to show my appreciations. God will continually to enrich you all with more ideas, IJN Amen!

Like I earlier said, I got a UK visa through this group after several trial with agents. I was given 6 months visit visa which will expire by march. I have also traveled and came but have INTEREST TO TRAVEL TO US WITH MY HUSBY ON MEDICAL GROUNDS before my UK visa expires.
CONCERNS
1. If I apply with my husby using the above reasons what are my chances of getting a US visa considering the fact that my husband has been denied US and UK visa for a different reasons which is tourist visa-vacation.
2.The link and requirement for medical form if NO 1 question is considered INCLUDING CONTACTS FOR MEDICAL DOCTORS FOR GYNEA CASES
3. If the reasons for the initial applications (vacation) is different from this current one (Madical) , will it raise an eye brow? considering the fact that I have a valid UK visa which I used for less than a month and came back to resume work in Nigeria.
PLEASE GURUS HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTIONS SO THAT I CAN START MY APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2017
seyewest:

I don't get you... you're yet to do the interview why will you be saying this?

The truth is that it is possible for VO to give visa to one or more persons in a group from my experience. All you need do is not to panic, be your self and go through your submitted application to be able to answer all the questions they will ask you.
Bear in mind that as soon as they notice that fear in you, they may fill you have something you are hiding and concentrate more in you but once you are free you may be surprise they will just ask very few and insignificant questions and issue you visa.

The best thing you can do for your self is to be bold.

Wish you luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2017
olasanni:

The truth is that it is possible for VO to give visa to one or more persons in a group from my experience. All you need do is not to panic, be your self and go through your submitted application to be able to answer all the questions they will ask you.
Bear in mind that as soon as they notice that fear in you, they may fill you have something you are hiding and concentrate more in you but once you are free you may be surprise they will just ask very few and insignificant questions and issue you visa.

The best thing you can do for your self is to be bold.

Wish you luck

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Julify13: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hello everyone!

Please advise me on this situation of my brother.
He is in the US on his last round of his 2 years tourist visa. He is working (a job) currently with this visa, (I guess its illegal). the question is - if he goes back to nigeria to renew and go back to the US will there be any consequences?

Will you advice that he continues to stay in in the US and not go back home until whenever he is able to sort his green card out?

please advice. Many thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
Julify13:
Hello everyone!

He is in the US on his last round of his 2 years tourist visa. He is working (a job) currently with this visa, (I guess its illegal). the question is - if he goes back to nigeria to renew and go back to the US will there be any consequences?

Will you advice that he continues to stay in in the US and not go back home until whenever he is able to sort his green card out?

Does this sound right to you? Is he doing something legal? Do you expect us to really advice you?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2017
Julify13:
Hello everyone!

How is he planning to obtain a green card?
Does he have permission to work in the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Julify13: 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2017
With all due respect, don't make it seem as if i asked a daft question. If you don't feel the need to advise me,surely some other person may.

The reason for the question is to validate my fears (or not) from other people's view which will lead me to vehemently insist that he comes home as soon as possible (as he previously didn't want to take my advice,saying many friends over there are advising him to take the risk and that it's no biggie) , if staying till near the end of his visa will cause him to be denied entry next time.
seyewest:

Does this sound right to you? Is he doing something legal? Do you expect us to really advice you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2017
Julify13:
With all due respect, don't make it seem as if i asked a daft question. If you don't feel the need to advise me,surely some other person may.

The reason for the question is to validate my fears (or not) from other people's view which will lead me to vehemently insist that he comes home as soon as possible (as he previously didn't want to take my advice,saying many friends over there are advising him to take the risk and that it's no biggie) , if staying till near the end of his visa will cause him to be denied entry next time.

Having a 2 year visa doesn't mean a person can stay in the US for 2 years.

Whenever someone enters the US, the immigration at the point of entry will stamp in his passport the time the person will be allowed to stay on the US territory. Though your brother has a 2 years visa, they may allow him to stay up to 6 months on a trip. So, if your brother goes beyond the time indicated on the I-94 then he has violated the terms of his visa.If that is the case, it will be closed to impossible to get another US visa.

So how is he planning to switch to permanent resident status? If I were you I would advise him to stay away from the wrong crowd. He may end up out of status with no way out.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Martmec: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2017
Pls, house i need help. a mistake was made in the name section when scheduling an interview, the person mistakenly input her name instead of mine but she already had her visa bfore then, all efforts to change it proved abortive,,, so i proceeded to the embassy on the day of the interview but wasn't allowed to enter because of that error. tried all i could, still. So i refilled another form, paid another fee but when i was about to schedule the appointment, i was told that my details match the one in their database. help a sister, am so furious. i hv written to them on several ocassions to cancel the first one so that i can proceed with this one, but it isn't working.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Julify13: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
Thanks very much TheCongo2
TheCongo2:

Having a 2 year visa doesn't mean a person can stay in the US for 2 years.

Whenever someone enters the US, the immigration at the point of entry will stamp in his passport the time the person will be allowed to stay on the US territory. Though your brother has a 2 years visa, they may allow him to stay up to 6 months on a trip. So, if your brother goes beyond the time indicated on the I-94 then he has violated the terms of his visa.If that is the case, it will be closed to impossible to get another US visa.

So how is he planning to switch to permanent resident status? If I were you I would advise him to stay away from the wrong crowd. He may end up out of status with no way out.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2017
Julify13:
Hello everyone!

If you break the law, will there be consequences?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
Beehandz:
Good Day,

I am trying to add my wife's details under my profile with my Daughter as a family application be interviewed together but i keep getting an error message that her (my wife's profile) already existed. Was able to add my daughter's details.

NB - My wife once applied but was denied

Pls gurus this is urgent.
WIll my daughter that is added under my profile get a separate appointment letter?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2017
Julify13:

You have no right to tell me not to write anything about what you posted after all this is a public forum and tell him he's on his own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.