Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** - Phones (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** (502117 Views)

Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 5/5 Lite Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (347) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Iykesmooth: 11:26am On Jun 30, 2019
photon3106:

You can 'DE-active' it Na grin So for your mind other non-xiaomi Na trash? SMH

Don't mind him.

Him and two other guys here praising xiaomi and trying to ridicule infinix like say na their papa get the xiaomi company.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 11:39am On Jun 30, 2019
Iykesmooth:

Don't mind him.

Him and two other guys here praising xiaomi and trying to ridicule infinix like say na their papa get the xiaomi company.

Lolz grin
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by kingxsamz(m): 12:21am On Jul 01, 2019
ityP:

I shame for am sef... See eh, there isn't even a single area where Infinix s4 comes close to the Redmi Note 7, as in none... And as regards spoiling, Infinix s4 go spoil tire, Redmi Note 7 go still dey kakaraka

True talk bro, it shall be well with you.

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by kingxsamz(m): 12:28am On Jul 01, 2019
Itzneowizy:
Oga no dey find my attention....No quote
Me
If both of you are too dumb to see reasons...desists from quoting me....Go and read a book or something to curb this joblessness.....to think all this obession is because skino banned you from X club....i should buy a phone of 58k then when i need just the screen if it shoukd get brokenn i should spend about 10k even more for both transport and screen...Nonsense.!!...when parts are available in the nearest store..i can consider else...shove ur useless opinion into your gaping ass****

All the amount of money put together in which you would use repairing your Infinix over the months would be a lot more than you would spend repairing that 58k phone you're talking about.
Any normal human being would choose to use a phone which will worth its while, over a phone in which you have to repair every month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by daeso77: 12:28am On Jul 01, 2019
photon3106:

Well, it seems to me that you have uninstalled the other camera apps and you're certain you no longer have any third-party camera app PLUS you did not find the camera app in your list of frozen apps even though the camera app appears disabled in settings. Yet, the camera icon is nowhere to be found on the drawer...

Try this; If you can get a friend's phone that is exactly your model, use xender to send the default camera app and install it. If you don't have anyone around with your phone model, just go to Google and search for " stock camera app for <put your phone name and model>" .

With that, you should be able to find the stock camera app for download. Install it and try opening it to see whether it launches your camera. If it doesn't, then I'm afraid your solution is Factory Resetting. Remember to do backup of files, contacts, sms, logs and so on before doing this. I really hope you don't have to reset though.
I have a similar issue to this.. Installing an OTA system upgrade on my Infinix Hot 6 and suddenly my phone was stuck in a boot loop(start booting, go off for a couple of seconds and start booting again).. Tried to hard reset it but was not working..Told I had to flash the phone and install another ROM compatible with the phone. At the end of it, new ROM as the one on it before was installed but only issue is the icon to switch to the front camera on the phone is missing. Factory reset was done again but no changes. Took it carlcare because the phone is still under a 1 year warranty but I was told that the front camera would have to be changed entirely. Tried to get the stock camera app on Google but did not find and also had a friend using the same phone as mine send me his camera app but no difference also. Please is there any other solution other than these?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by kingxsamz(m): 12:31am On Jul 01, 2019
digitalcrazeman:
The s4 is a beast on its one

But is a scared cat in the face of other brands whithin its price range.

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by drjprince: 5:42am On Jul 01, 2019
digitalcrazeman:
can imagine what you are calling beast shocked sad
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 9:33am On Jul 01, 2019
kingxsamz:

All the amount of money put together in which you would use repairing your Infinix over the months would be a lot more than you would spend repairing that 58k phone you're talking about.
Any normal human being would choose to use a phone which will worth its while, over a phone in which you have to repair every month.

Wetin dey do una Xiaomi fan boy sef? Shey Na read una no fit read abi Na reason una no fit? If d reason him write give una no do you, shey he complain come meet una abi Na u give am d moni?

Really? Repair every month? Na so you careless reach? Even if him dey repair every month, tell me how e dey take pain u abi Na your hand he come colect moni for repair ni?

Unto say u don buy Xiaomi now, people wey buy Infinix no fit rest again? Baba go sleep abi jare .

So people wey no buy non-transsion no dey NORMAL? Pele o

Besides, If you no know how to contribute positively to this thread, Na by force to comment for this Infinix thread ba?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Itzneowizy(m): 9:43am On Jul 01, 2019
photon3106:

Wetin dey do una Xiaomi fan boy sef? Shey Na read una no fit read abi Na reason una no fit? If d reason him write give una no do you, shey he complain come meet una abi Na u give am d moni?

Really? Repair every month? Na so you careless reach? Even if him dey repair every month, tell me how e dey take pain u abi Na your hand he come colect moni for repair ni?

Unto say u don buy Xiaomi now, people wey buy Infinix no fit rest again? Baba go sleep abi jare .

So people wey no buy non-transsion no dey NORMAL? Pele o

Besides, If you no know how to contribute positively to this thread, Na by force to comment for this Infinix thread ba?
see as i dey look kingxsamz just wake up with no other purpose except to dey insult him self.... grin
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2019
daeso77:

I have a similar issue to this.. Installing an OTA system upgrade on my Infinix Hot 6 and suddenly my phone was stuck in a boot loop(start booting, go off for a couple of seconds and start booting again).. Tried to hard reset it but was not working..Told I had to flash the phone and install another ROM compatible with the phone. At the end of it, new ROM as the one on it before was installed but only issue is the icon to switch to the front camera on the phone is missing. Factory reset was done again but no changes. Took it carlcare because the phone is still under a 1 year warranty but I was told that the front camera would have to be changed entirely. Tried to get the stock camera app on Google but did not find and also had a friend using the same phone as mine send me his camera app but no difference also. Please is there any other solution other than these?

Actually, your phone's problem is different from the other user. Hers was a disabled camera app while yours is working with no camera in app switch to select front (selfie) camera.

Regarding the problem you're facing, first, I'd want you to know that since the stock camera app can't switch to front camera (owing to missing clickable button) no app will fix that for you. Second, i've several of such cases and 90%of the time it turns out that the front camera is bad while others were simply stock ROM issue. A friend of mine had a similar problem on his Samsung s5 in which the option to swap to the front camera isn't present in the camera app. Flashing didn't fix it but another front camera did.

Deduction & Possible Solution: For hardware failure, seems the camera API is designed in such a way that the switching button in the camera app on shows when both cameras are detected. Probably your phone has experience fatal impact due to drop or water spillage towards the phones earpiece grill. Change front camera.

For software, flashing with the appropriate ROM should fix it. NOTE: Suppose your phone has a factory installed android 7.0 but spec says it's upgradable to 8.1. I'd advise you to flash with the Android version that came with your phone and not with the upgraded version.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by daeso77: 11:55am On Jul 01, 2019
photon3106:

Actually, your phone's problem is different from the other user. Hers was a disabled camera app while yours is working with no camera in app switch to select front (selfie) camera.

Regarding the problem you're facing, first, I'd want you to know that since the stock camera app can't switch to front camera (owing to missing clickable button) no app will fix that for you. Second, i've several of such cases and 90%of the time it turns out that the front camera is bad while others were simply stock ROM issue. A friend of mine had a similar problem on his Samsung s5 in which the option to swap to the front camera isn't present in the camera app. Flashing didn't fix it but another front camera did.

Deduction & Possible Solution: For hardware failure, seems the camera API is designed in such a way that the switching button in the camera app on shows when both cameras are detected. Probably your phone has experience fatal impact due to drop or water spillage towards the phones earpiece grill. Change front camera.

For software, flashing with the appropriate ROM should fix it. NOTE: Suppose your phone has a factory installed android 7.0 but spec says it's upgradable to 8.1. I'd advise you to flash with the Android version that came with your phone and not with the upgraded version.
Thank you very much for your advice. Guess the best thing to do now is to change the front camera. Please,who knows how much the front camera for infinix hot 6 cost?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by kingxsamz(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
Itzneowizy:
see as i dey look kingxsamz just wake up with no other purpose except to dey insult him self.... grin

grin okay, I hear you.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by photon3106: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
daeso77:

Thank you very much for your advice. Guess the best thing to do now is to change the front camera. Please,who knows how much the front camera for infinix hot 6 cost?

I'd advise that you take it to Carlcare and if you don't want to (for some reason) be mindful of who you give your phone to for repair. However, try flashing other firmware for hot 6 on it. You just might be lucky to have it fixed by flashing a particular build for Hot 6.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by kingxsamz(m): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2019
drjprince:
can imagine what you are calling beast shocked sad

grin the thing shock me sef.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by jboixxx: 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
.Hello. recommend good infinix within the range of 45-50k?
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Semtu(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
jboixxx:

Don't spend your money on trash... Buy Redmi note 7 with that money and come back later to thank me.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by jboixxx: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2019
Semtu:

Don't spend your money on trash... Buy Redmi note 7 with that money and come back later to thank me.
Hahaha! I am and ve been Xiaomi enthusiast for years but the person I'm getting the phone for insisted on infinix! wink
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by phonedaddy: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
jboixxx:
you can get the S4

1 Like

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by spartacus11(m): 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
digitalcrazeman:

digitalcrazeman:
you can check my profile for more reviews, i have on coming up soon

You killed this 2 shot for me, well done nice and sweet shot. Power of Infinix Stock camera

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9567754_16792105cecf6e4b5102_jpeg5c36a6e6c01ba90dacce030b0c01d011

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9567771_16792105cecf80146d97_jpege75408df92e05edd862d13829fabf241

Jealousy and hate will not allow some people to confirm the beauty.

2 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by ddjay: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
spartacus11:

You killed this 2 shot for me, well done nice and sweet shot. Power of Infinix Stock camera

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9567754_16792105cecf6e4b5102_jpeg5c36a6e6c01ba90dacce030b0c01d011

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9567771_16792105cecf80146d97_jpege75408df92e05edd862d13829fabf241

All the s4 mates (which are even better sef) can do this and even better, umidigi z, z pro, one, one pro, nokia 2, 2.1,3.2, 4.2, someone here on nairaland was able to establish the similarities of the s4 with some 2016 huawei phones and one xiaomi redmi 3, 3 pro. Am very sure infinix has a way of using those chipsets on their recent 2019 phones while it shows helio p22 or p23 and am like no wonder they don't want to enter the USA, UK or German but prefare developing countries that won't catch them
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Itzneowizy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
spartacus11:

damn!!....pics looks great
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2019
Please infinix smart 2 hd how great is that phone please
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by spartacus11(m): 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
Itzneowizy:
damn!!....pics looks great

I'm already rocking the guy shot as my Wallpaper. Clean and crisps, how Infinix keep disgracing their haters
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Semtu(m): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2019
spartacus11:

Lmao, so this is the picture you are fapping at?

For your information, this is how the camera on almost all new phones are ... Most phones are already attaining peak photo quality that a human eye can perceive. So nowadays, camera strengths are rated on how good the zooming and focus functionalities are.

Just zoom a little bit on that s4 and you will start seeing white dots undecided...

Why do you infinix users keep celebrating mediocrity?.. Wtf is different between the picture you took and those on new average mobiles?...

2 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Itzneowizy(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
Semtu:

Lmao, so this is the picture you are fapping at?

For your information, this is how the camera on almost all new phones are ... Most phones are already attaining peak photo quality that a human eye can perceive. So nowadays, camera strengths are rated on how good the zooming and focus functionalities are.

Just zoom a little bit on that s4 and you will start seeing white dots undecided...

Why do you infinix users keep celebrating mediocrity?.. Wtf is different between the picture you took and those on new average mobiles?...
the level of ignorance in your post reeks.... angry
I didn't want to draw attention to your bolded
But i need to school you

You actually think one nonsense camera in the world is close to the human eye
I sorry for you...mtchewww
Instead of wasting your data on spewing ignorance ehn...let google be your friend

Zoom that pic and show us the white dots angry
Then post pics from you xiaomi here
This much sh*t coming from a programmer??

Awon haters
See what being a jobless..pained hater does to people

2 Likes

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by daeso77: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
photon3106:

I'd advise that you take it to Carlcare and if you don't want to (for some reason) be mindful of who you give your phone to for repair. However, try flashing other firmware for hot 6 on it. You just might be lucky to have it fixed by flashing a particular build for Hot 6.
I will take it Carlcare to fix the front camera, I just want to know if someone has done something like this so that I can have an idea of how much it costs. Also about the flashing another firmware on it, I can't do it myself and I doubt that the technicians over here have various firmware builds compatible with the phone that can be flashed on it. I will just stick to getting a new front camera. Thanks.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Semtu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
Itzneowizy:
the level of ignorance in your post reeks.... angry
I didn't want to draw attention to your bolded
But i need to school you

You actually think one nonsense camera in the world is close to the human eye
I sorry for you...mtchewww
Instead of wasting your data on spewing ignorance ehn...let google be your friend

Zoom that pic and show us the white dots angry
Then post pics from you xiaomi here
This much sh*t coming from a programmer??

Awon haters
See what being a jobless..pained hater does to people

Are you sure you ever sat down to study English Language?... Either you mistook my statement or you just lack simple understanding.

First of all, I never compared phone's camera to the human eye. The human eye perceives up to 576Mp which is far above the capacity of any phone's camera.

That statement I made was to point out the fact that phone manufacturers are already beginning to attain peak quality hence focus is gradually shifting to top zooming, telephoto, live focus functionalities all this of which am sure the infinix s4 lacks. That's why phone manufactures are introudcting dual camera, triple camera and the likes to account for other important functionalities of the camera.

Look at the infinix s4, it has three cameras (basically useless).. Because none accounts for enhanced zooming, none accounts for live focus, none fitted with a telephoto lens. Just 3 useless cameras to brainwash the masses.. Pathetic!!

Anyone using an infinix s4 and wants to prove me wrong should please snap a picture at highest zoom capacity let's really see how clear it is. You lots just keep living in the past

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Itzneowizy(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
Semtu:

Are you sure you ever sat down to study English Language?... Either you mistook my statement or you just lack simple understanding.

First of all, I never compared phone's camera to the human eye. The human eye perceives up to 576Mp which is far above the capacity of any phone's camera.

That statement I made was to point out the fact that phone manufacturers are already beginning to attain peak quality hence focus is gradually shifting to top zooming, telephoto, live focus functionalities all this of which am sure the infinix s4 lacks. That's why phone manufactures are introudcting dual camera, triple camera and the likes to account for other important functionalities of the camera.

Look at the infinix s4, it has three cameras (basically useless).. Because none accounts for enhanced zooming, none accounts for live focus, none fitted with a telephoto lens. Just 3 useless cameras to brainwash the masses.. Pathetic!!

Anyone using an infinix s4 and wants to prove me wrong should please snap a picture at highest zoom capacity let's really see how clear it is. You lots just keep living in the past
All these ones na nonsense you dey type..you clearly don't even understand your own post....complete your bolded angry
Where u said some phones camera are attaining quality that the human eye can perceive....how's that for relative comparison
Placing a camera side by side the HUMAN eye??
You goofed and effed up!!..own that sh*t....

I repeat ....no camera in this universe not even in your imaginary one...is close in quality to the human eye!!!
So stop making nonsense references and comparisons

Btw don't run...zoom that pic and show us the white dots.... angry

I've schooled your as*..with your abysmal knowledge

Am out
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by jboixxx: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
Semtu, this thread is infinix domain, kindly respect them. ...we all have our preferences and it should be respected. A very good friend of mine needs a new phone, I recommended Xiaomi but she said I should get her an infinix instead; that's her choice that I must respect.

Spartacus11, would you suggest s4 for or there's a better infinix within 45-50k?

cc: Itzneowizy
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Itzneowizy(m): 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
jboixxx:
Semtu, this thread is infinix domain, kindly respect them. ...we all have our preferences and it should be respected. A very good friend of mine needs a new phone, I recommended Xiaomi but she said I should get her an infinix instead; that's her choice that I must respect.

Spartacus11, would you suggest s4 for or there's a better infinix within 45-50k?

cc: Itzneowizy
I use the S4....and it's a nice device
If you can get a reputable seller...then go for it
Ba3 is great
Nice selfies also..for a lady
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by jboixxx: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2019
Itzneowizy:
I use the S4....and it's a nice device
If you can get a reputable seller...then go for it
Ba3 is great
Nice selfies also..for a lady
Reputable seller? Jumia is ok or any infinix retail shop in computer village?.
Re: ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** by Itzneowizy(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
jboixxx:

Reputable seller? Jumia is ok or any infinix retail shop in computer village?.
got mine from jumia... Tho I've not had issues with jumia.....yet still i see people complain about them
....its y i didn't mention it in the first place...
You can still get it from there...i doubt if it will be less than 53k tho...slot..is also there

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (347) (Reply)

Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / Airtel Bb Plan On Android / Can Nokia Asha 200 Download Whatsapp?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.