Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi (17133 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Designed The World Safest Car Before He Was Killed(pictures) / PHOTOS: Last Moments Of Muammar Gaddafi(Viewer's Discretion) / Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
dorothy111:

I think the guy is right! Lets destory FCT and made the division

Who would pay for the destruction?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by EzeUche(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2010
kosovo:

by the time we have a working president, everything would be just cool

Sorry but that will not work. You fail to realize the power of your ethnic identity, and that will be this nation's downfall.

When you have three distinct people who rather rule themselves, this will cause problems. Nigeria reminds me of the former republic of Yugoslavia. And we seen what happen to that country when one ethnic group has more power than the others.

Your very name is proof enough that secession sometimes happen. Kosovo and Serbia.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by EzeUche(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Who would pay for the destruction?

You should not have to worry about that. The Igbo will be fine with our enormous Igbo diaspora who has made plenty of money to send back home.

And you better believe if the Igbo breaks out of this division, most of the Igbos in the diaspora will return home. Mark my words.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2010
sleek417:

@frosbel
If the reason for splitting is cos of religion?
then are u saying we dont have muslims and xtians in the southern part of Nigeria?

were you not in this country when Ijaws/Urhobos/Itsekiris were killing themselves
were you not in this country when Kaduna indigenes were killing one another

the recent wahala in the North is a feud between locals indigenes (locals vs settlers)

how does that sound like a recipe for secession?
a sovereign conference is more like what we should be clamouring for not a violence break up

Some people just go off on a rant without reading my comments.

I did very carefully and accurately state that Muslims and Christians in the south live very amicably and some families have both religions practised by their members without discord.

Please stop taking my comments out of context , I deplore this attitude !
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by EzeUche(m): 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
You Yorubas do not speak for my people.

I wish everyone had their ethnicity on under name to show that Yorubas are the deluded ones.

Mehn these Yorubas are the only ones in the south calling for unity and this upsets me.

Yorubas you do not speak for the Ndi Igbo or the people of the Niger Delta. SO hush it!!!
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by udezue(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
As mush as I detest Ghadafi, I am loving him right about now.

For the 1st time this man is acting like he got sense.

Yoruba SW will be okay with their muslim population. They are not Fulani, Kanuri, muslims who can't see beyond religion.

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by DisGuy: 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2010
Wont be surprised if the first politician to condemn this is a southerner from the SS or SE grin
those people are always disappointing their online warriors grin
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
frosbel:

Some people just go off on a rant without reading my comments.

I did very carefully and accurately state that Muslims and Christians in the south live very amicably and some families have both religions practised by their members without discord.

Please stop taking my comments out of context , I deplore this attitude !
use your brain mister
i tot some clerics in Oyo state just threatened to blow off churches cos of some silly videos
who says the southerners wont go on that lane anytime soon

and what about the killings in Delta? was it a religious war?
Ife/modakeke war in Osun state?
was that a xtian/muslim thing? This NL should be cleansed of peeps like this
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Seun(m): 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
Too much blood has been shed since the Biafran war in order to keep Nigerian as one unit.
If you add up all the tribal deaths since the Biafran war, it's a tiny fraction of the Biafran war deaths.
We can save more lives by remaining united and seeking constructive solutions.  War is not nation-building.

You can achieve all the purported benefits of division without actually dividing the country.  Just ask all south-
erners to leave the north.  If that seems unrealistic to you, then how could a break-up possibly work?

i tot some clerics in Oyo state just threatened to blow off churches cos of some silly videos
If the clerics have broken the law, let them be arrested and charged to court.  If not, let the laws be amended. 
These are not issues that justify destroying the little development we have achieved.  Democracy can work.
Even in the current corrupt system, we have had shining stars like Fashole, Donald Duke, Ribadu, Dora.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by princek21: 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
Spliting Nigeria into two is neither a solution nor a way out, rather a source of devastating and a cause of even more conflict.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by EzeUche(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2010
We people of the SE want to go!!!

It has been ingrained in us since birth that we can do it better alone.

This is the Eastern mentality. The Hausa and the Yorubas has been holding us back.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by asscend: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2010
Gadaffi thank you but no thanks.

The issue is we are paying the price of exaulting men instead of institutions to which they belong.

The office of the precidency  is bigger than one man.

This whole thing is comming up b/c of one sick man, nonsense.

Pls Goodluck run the country and Nigerians should get behind him,

The more we wait the more the rest of the world leaves us behind.

TIME IS IMPORTANT in Nation building,
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 16, 2010
Dis Guy:

Wont be surprised if the first politician to condemn this is a southerner from the SS or SE grin
those people are always disappointing their online warriors grin
i tire ooo
the way some people sit overseas and prescribe war for the country amazes me cheesy cheesy cheesy
if the online warriors are so pressed for war, they should change their savings for weapons while coming home

we'll be happy to use the weapons while they lead the onslaught cheesy
shior
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by EzeUche(m): 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2010
sleek417:

i tire ooo
the way some people sit overseas and prescribe war for the country amazes me cheesy cheesy cheesy
if the online warriors are so pressed for war, they should change their savings for weapons while coming home

shior

Idiot you need the people in the diaspora.

Who do you think is going to finance the war? Who do you think is going to lobby Congress? Idiots. Have no understanding of the outside world. Probably has never left Nigeria to see how things should be ran.

Foolish yeye people known as the Yoruba. 90% of Yorubas are cowards. The other 10% like Wole Soyinka are the ones who have to be dismayed by their people.

I remember when my Yoruba professor called his own people cowards. Yorubas are never willing to die for a cause.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
Folks a break up must not be violent, it does not mean war.

Those who want break up can simply take there case to the UN and make them see reasons. and they will be protected.
THE WORLD IS TIRED OF THE EXPERIMENT CALLED NIGERIA. THIS COUNTRY IS JUST ONE HUGE FAILED LABORATORY.

The Muslims in  Southern Nigeria do not want Sharia and are not seeking to dominate others with their religion and neither are they being dominated. So we are happy to live with them.

Plateau, Benue, Taraba, Nasarawa, Adamawa can join the south if they so wish.

the nigerian map supports break up along religious lines. break up does not mean violence. it just mean redifinition of borders and citizenship.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
sleek417:

i tire ooo

shior

Maybe it's beacause we see things in a more factual and black and white fashion.

And who mentioned war ?  I hope you are not one of those shallow ignoramuses ?  grin grin
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
EzeUche:

We people of the SE want to go!!!

It has been ingrained in us since birth that we can do it better alone.

This is the Eastern mentality. The Hausa and the Yorubas has been holding us back.
u dont have to fight to go
just pack ur bags and meander ur way through the sahara
u can always settle somewhere in the desert grin
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2010
prince k2:

Spliting Nigeria into two is neither a solution nor a way out, rather a source of devastating and a cause of even more conflict.

what was your previous name?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
seun can you stop preaching this one nigeria doctrine.

when you turn around and say the opposite now, after certain pressure groups have bought you over in cash or kind, you'll add to the general untrustworthy and double dealing nigerian image.

unless you're being watched and are trying to save your butt? Na today nlers have been cursing nigeria? why the sudden display of concern.

abi na the food strike.

in any case, let it go [or not].

i dont know the mechanism behind which threads and posts get deleted in this place- it all seems very haphazard and unfocused.

if na thread abusing tpia or tribal bashing it will be allowed to stay. if na thread where some evil irritants are getting their comuppance na so so vanish the thing go vanish.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

Those who want break up can simply take there case to the UN and make them see reasons. and they will be protected.
THE WORLD IS TIRED OF THE EXPERIMENT CALLED NIGERIA. THIS COUNTRY IS JUST ONE HUGE FAILED LABORATORY.

The Muslims in  Southern Nigeria do not want Sharia and are not seeking to dominate others with their religion and neither are they being dominated. So we are happy to live with them.

the nigerian map supports break up along religious lines. break up does not mean violence. it just mean redifinition of borders and citizenship.

Don't mind them jo, they always see bad in everything.

Not of all us mentioned war and yet people like sleek417 who talk before they think just keep making assumptions based on incomplete details.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
frosbel:

Maybe it's beacause we see things in a more factual and black and white fashion.

And who mentioned war ?  I hope you are not one of those shallow ignoramuses ?  grin grin
hehehehe
i should be asking you that question

in a country like Nigeria, any agitation for break up is treason and the only way you can force your way through is if you take up arms

frosbel, my point is, we can sit down and make things work 2geda
splitting would make things worse
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2010
EzeUche:

Idiot you need the people in the diaspora.

Who do you think is going to finance the war? Who do you think is going to lobby Congress? Idiots. Have no understanding of the outside world. Probably has never left Nigeria to see how things should be ran.

Foolish yeye people known as the Yoruba. 90% of Yorubas are cowards. The other 10% like Wole Soyinka are the ones who have to be dismayed by their people.

I remember when my Yoruba professor called his own people cowards. Yorubas are never willing to die for a cause.
frosbel, do u have eyes?
speak for urself
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
frosbel:

Don't mind them jo, they always see bad in everything.

Not of all us mentioned war and yet people like sleek417 who talk before they think just keep making assumptions based on incomplete details.
i can only assume ure knowledgeable enuff to banter

nyways, i dont know how you expect a break up in Nigeria of today without being violent
Oga, i think u shd relax and stop posting
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

The Muslims in  Southern Nigeria do not want Sharia and are not seeking to dominate others with their religion and neither are they being dominated. So we are happy to live with them.

didnt know Nigeria was a combo of society groups. tot it was a sovereign state

hehehehe, so an element in a sovereign state can just decide to break away just like that?
i laff in spanish. Oga, that na sweet nonsense you just chatted
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by beeke(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2010
Some times d devil himself can say things d way they are at least let us take the massage and leave d messenger alone  

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by smooooooth: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2010
even though Ghadafi is an asshole, he is damn right this time.

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by nduchucks: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2010
Lets hope Ojo Maduekwe will issue a very strong warning to Gaddafi to stop issuing irresponsible statements designed to meddle in Nigeria's internal affairs.

Additionally, one of our Frigates should commence exercises very close to Libya immediately.  smiley
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by KnowAll(m): 4:00pm On Mar 16, 2010
Somali is one nation, one religion, one language, yet they cannot live happily under one roof, nothing good came out of their union, they are still killing themselves till kingdom come.

My Guess is that Gadaffi will soon start giving those almejeris weapons of mass destruction, more harrowing pictures and despicable pogroms are on its way, so ladies and gentlemen brace yourselves and prepare your minds for the final doomsday showdown between Christians and Muslims, stay tuned
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Lets hope Ojo Maduekwe will issue a very strong warning to Gaddafi to stop issuing irresponsible statements designed to meddle in Nigeria's internal affairs.

Additionally, one of our Frigates should commence exercises very close to Libya immediately.  smiley

Did I just hear you say we should send our old dilapidated Frigates to Libya ? Are you serious ?

I personally think that Libya can militarily deal with Nigeria ruthlessley , we aint got a chance with Libya.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2010
i hate the fact that i have to agree with this coup-plotter,dictator and terrorist

but he is RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Eking: 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
I support him naija should divide, at least we wont have to deal with those troublesome bastards from the north who keep causing problems in nigeria
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
KnowAll:

Somali is one nation, one religion, one language, yet they cannot live happily under one roof, nothing good came out of their union, they are still killing themselves till kingdom come.

My Guess is that Gadaffi will soon start giving those almejeris weapons of mass destruction, more harrowing pictures and despicable pogroms are on its way, so ladies and gentlemen brace yourselves and prepare your minds for the final doomsday showdown between Christians and Muslims, stay tuned

yeah, I guess we all know why Somalia is at war, I dare not mention, but let me give you a hint, its Ideology, Ideology and Ideology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Brief History Of The Late President Yaradua / Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace / Court Rejects Diezani's Prayers To Stop Rep's Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.