Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi (17107 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Designed The World Safest Car Before He Was Killed(pictures) / PHOTOS: Last Moments Of Muammar Gaddafi(Viewer's Discretion) / Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Jroy(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2010
i really think splitting won't solve the riot. It would only increase the number of dependant country in the world
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by kosovo(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2010
tpia.:

seun can you stop preaching this one nigeria doctrine.

I am in total support One Nigeria, Division will Never solve the Numerous problems, what we need is pragmatic approach towards  creating Policies that can benefit the Nigeria People.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by strangleyo: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2010
The North supplies the south with food.

Look at meat prices in Lagos, and Onitsa recently.

One Nigeria is more beneficial to us than 2 Nigerias.

A starving Nigeria to the south, (with oil wealth stolen by the leaders), and a Somalisized Nigeria to the north.

At least we benefit each other now.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by bisiaet: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2010
Sorry Gaddafi is not the right person to say that let him just keep quiet, his opinion or whatever he is saying is not relevant in this issue. God bless.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by akigbemaru: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2010

Idiot you need the people in the diaspora.

Who do you think is going to finance the war? Who do you think is going to lobby Congress? Idiots. Have no understanding of the outside world. Probably has never left Nigeria to see how things should be ran.

Foolish yeye people known as the Yoruba. 90% of Yorubas are cowards. The other 10% like Wole Soyinka are the ones who have to be dismayed by their people.

I remember when my Yoruba professor called his own people cowards. Yorubas are never willing to die for a cause.

You are so stupid Ezeuche, if Nigeria splits today. Igbo will suffer most mark my words. You only have 27,000 kilometer square out of 921, 000 kilometer square land called Nigeria. If Nigeria splits today, do you think you can amass land in North or Western region? If you think so, that may be a grandiose of delusion or a figment of quixotic imagination. Plus, Hausa-Fulanis in Nasarawa and Benue will unleash the ugly mob on you people down the East, just because you abut land with them. It will all get started when Fulanis' cows foray for pastures and get poisoned by ibos, then you shall face the ugly wraths of Fulanis.
Then, when you talk, only limit your burdens to ibos, don’t include South South, they know you are just doing a lip service.  When you say Yorubas are coward, you may need to ask your fore-fathers, I know they would be glad to tell you truth. Of all empires in Africa, ask them about the strongest Oyo Empire. Thank you thank you!

Live all my Yoruba Muslims alone, we have gone beyond religions, look at Governor Fashola for instance, in December, you see how he beautified all Lagos and its environ with flamboyant Xmas tress and lights, that tells you we (Yorubas) have moved beyond religions. Likewise me, I want to see Sallah festival for life, rams’ fighting and free meat sharing, it’s a long age tradition and I love it.
I wonder how South East will be like after Nigeria disintegrates, remember we are in bipolar world, all you (ibos) phobia with anything Muslims will diminish your prosperity. Now, you chicken has come home to roast, your kids are now bearing, Mohamedchukwu, Kaduna ezeogwu, Musa Obichukwu, Salisu Ojukwu, Eze Hajia, you had better  killed all those folks before they bring Islam to your Biafran land.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 9jafreak: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2010
Let's ask the right question guys:
[size=14pt]
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?[/size]

A new Nigeria with an Islamic State right beside it - A haven for would-be terrorists and sympathizers of terrorism.

Now that's not looking pretty!
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
akigbemaru:

You are so silly Ezeuche, if Nigeria splits today. Igbo will suffer most mark my words. You only have 27,000 kilometer square out of 921, 000 kilometer square land called Nigeria. If Nigeria splits today, do you think you can amass land in North or Western region? If you think so, that may be a grandiose of delusion or a figment of quixotic imagination. Plus, Hausa-Fulanis in Nasarawa and Benue will unleash the ugly mob on you people down the East, just because you abut land with them. It will all get started when Fulanis' cows foray for pastures and get poisoned by ibos, then you shall face the ugly wraths of Fulanis.
Then, when you talk, only limit your burdens to ibos, don’t include South South, they know you are just doing a lip service.  When you say Yorubas are coward, you may need to ask your fore-fathers, I know they would be glad to tell you truth. Of all empires in Africa, ask them about the strongest Oyo Empire. Thank you thank you!

Live all my Yoruba Muslims alone, we have gone beyond religions, look at Governor Fashola for instance, in December, you see how he beautified all Lagos and its environ with flamboyant Xmas tress and lights, that tells you we (Yorubas) have moved beyond religions. Likewise me, I want to see Sallah festival for life, rams’ fighting and free meat sharing, it’s a long age tradition and I love it.
I wonder how South East will be like after Nigeria disintegrates, remember we are in bipolar world, all you (ibos) phobia with anything Muslims will diminish your prosperity. Now, you chicken has come home to roast, your kids are now bearing, Mohamedchukwu, Kaduna ezeogwu, Musa Obichukwu, Salisu Ojukwu, Eze Hajia, you had better  killed all those folks before they bring Islam to your Biafran land.

you are a real hausa man who can't speak english
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by becomricch: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
Gaddafi is making more sense. Gaddafi is right. And Jonathan has to listen to wisdom.

All of africa country would support it. And the islamic countries would support. Give us the required vote in the united nation.

Look the far north is already collecting money from oil. I dont see any reason , why we cant continue to give them. if they form thier country for peace. This thing can be worked out. As long as the africa union get involve and we sign, why not for the sake of peace. Oil is a gift of God.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 4:22pm On Mar 16, 2010
9jafreak:

[size=14pt]

A new Nigeria with an Islamic State right beside it - A haven for would-be terrorists and sympathizers of terrorism.

I don't think the right question is one crafted in fear

Nobody has monopoly of violence.

all we are saying is we have to stop living in denial.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2010
9jafreak:

[size=14pt]

imagine sharing borders with a potential Aghanistan/Iran?

what is happening between Israel and Palestine will be childsplay
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by snowdrops(m): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
Wahala dey.

Its barely 2 hrs since topic was posted by mwua, fire and brimestone has started raining in Nairaland as anticipated.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by akigbemaru: 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

you are a real hausa man who can't speak english

I now see reason you speak good english, when you cannot even make a complete sentence not to talk of paragraphs. Stupid apoda!
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by mekusxxx: 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
Gaddafi is making sense for the first time in his life

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by strangleyo: 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2010
I don't support a split up without free trade.

Both countries will suffer without freedom of trade.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by akigbemaru: 4:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
sleek417:

imagine sharing borders with a potential Aghanistan/Iran?

what is happening between Israel and Palestine will be childsplay

This question is left to people in the East, I am from the Western and I don't have anything to be worried about. The Western region is 5/6 covered by water. And also has no history of terrorism, look at the great people of Afemai, despite their many religious beliefs, they co-habit peacefully, just like the people of South West.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
The problem with southerners is fear,and that is evidenced from replies on this thread.

Tha'ts what Northerners love.They have this habit of instilling fear in southerners,and therefore their 'domination by artificial means' continues.Southerners love life tooo much.

Lets try this:

Southerners all start making noise about having their own country.The Northern elite call a meeting and find out that in the event of war,the Western powers will back the south.What do the North do?? They start behaving.They have the most to lose if the country breaks up.

That's a strategy that will work.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Sauron1: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
sleek417:

@frosbel
If the reason for splitting is cos of religion?
then are u saying we dont have muslims and xtians in the southern part of Nigeria?

were you not in this country when Ijaws/Urhobos/Itsekiris were killing themselves
were you not in this country when Kaduna indigenes were killing one another

the recent wahala in the North is a feud between locals indigenes (locals vs settlers)

how does that sound like a recipe for secession?
a sovereign conference is more like what we should be clamouring for not a violence break up

You can add Ife/Modakeke to your list.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by strangleyo: 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2010
MrPrsdent:

The problem with southerners is fear,and that is evidenced from replies on this thread.

Tha'ts what Northerners love.They have this habit of instilling fear in southerners,and therefore their 'domination by artificial means' continues.Southerners love life tooo much.

Lets try this:

Southerners all start making noise about having their own country.The Northern elite call a meeting and find out that in the event of war,the Western powers will back the south.What do the North do?? They start behaving.They have the most to lose if the country breaks up.

That's a strategy that will work.

Who says the west will help the South Nigerians break off, creating an uncontrollable Islamic state to the north?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by SwtzMinx(f): 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2010
.spLIt the f.uckn c0untry!

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by naijaswag1: 4:48pm On Mar 16, 2010
I thought that Gadahfi wanted a USA of Africa for him to rule in his dreams.Why divide Nigeria,thereby making the job of uniting Africa further difficult.I don't blame him,since we will not respect ourselves,even Mugabe will soon utter his own recipe for Nigeria amidst his record inflation achievement in modern history.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

You can add Ife/Modakeke to your list.

that's child's play compared with the doom ahead if the nigerian problem is not sorted

strangleyo:

Who says the west will help the South Nigerians break off, creating an uncontrollable Islamic state to the north?

They will,when war erupts.But i am not advocating for war. What i say is that the South has to start doing its own gra gra
,otherwise this Hausas will be out of control sooner than later.Nigeria can only exist if there is mutual respect and fear
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Pennywise(m): 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2010
The whole idea of Nigeria splitting evenly along christian/Moslem line is what idle southern elites frequently dream of. There is nothing in the Nigerian state as it exists that makes this a remote possibility now or in the forseable future.

To start with, the north has to be in agreement which means they will be prepared to give up access to the sea (and become landlocked).With the desert rapidly encroaching, that is mass suicide. Also of course they have to give up crude oil along with all the good things it brings.

Since the northerners are not ready for self annihilation any time soon maybe the south should take the initiative and enforce a separation - I mean we being at the recieving end of these freq violence and all that. Read take the war to them.The problem is who is going to fight the war. The south is hopelessly fragmented. They cant even manage what many will consider a low intensity guerilla war fare in their backyard.

The leaders are hopelessly greedy like Jim Nwobodo who openly addresses a national gathering in hausa (to the dismay and embarrassment of his kinsmen) just to curry favour with power brokers in the north. In short there is no leadership and no followership.

The north on the other hand apart from the small matter of the Nigerian military they have firmly in their grip, they are reasonably united, they can raise an army of 1million men over night with a promise of food by morning. Meanwhile the Igbo man is worried abt his goods somewhere and the Yoruba man is in the cybercafe looking for potential mugu. The ijaw man will fight only if you make a down payment of 40k with a promise of loot sharing.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2010
Pennywise:

The whole idea of Nigeria splitting evenly along christian/Moslem line is what idle southern elites frequently dream of. There is nothing in the Nigerian state as it exists that makes this a remote possibility now or in the forseable future.

To start with, the north has to be in agreement which means they will be prepared to give up access to the sea (and become landlocked).With the desert rapidly encroaching, that is mass suicide. Also of course they have to give up crude oil along with all the good things it brings.

Since the northerners are not ready for self annihilation any time soon maybe the south should take the initiative and enforce a separation - I mean we being at the recieving end of these freq violence and all that. Read take the war to them.The problem is who is going to fight the war. The south is hopelessly fragmented. They cant even manage what many will consider a low intensity guerilla war fare in their backyard.

The leaders are hopelessly greedy like Jim Nwobodo who openly addresses a national gathering in hausa (to the dismay and embarrassment of his kinsmen) just to curry favour with power brokers in the north. In short there is no leadership and no followership.

The north on the other hand apart from the small matter of the Nigerian military they have firmly in their grip, they are reasonably united, they can raise an army of 1million men over night with a promise of food by morning. Meanwhile the Igbo man is worried abt his goods somewhere and the Yoruba man is in the cybercafe looking for potential mugu. The ijaw man will fight only if you make a down payment of 40k with a promise of loot sharing.

Good points.So what's your panacea for the mess we are in right now
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2010
kosovo:

I am in total support One Nigeria, Division will Never solve the Numerous problems, what we need is pragmatic approach towards  creating Policies that can benefit the Nigeria People.

the forum is being monitored for people who preach one Nigeria.

i for one am tired of the numerous about faces and double tongues Nigerians like to present on any matter.

the only thing they're consistent about is if its negative.

yes, we all know we were bred for war and anarchy. Human fodder so to speak. That's why we never progress.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Pennywise(m): 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Good points.So what's your panacea for the mess we are in right now

Let us work from within. Not without. We can still take our country back
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
Pennywise:

Your line of thinking is the basis of this conflict. You talk about the wish of the North without talking about the wish of the South. There are UN modalities for country who want to break up. and the last time I checked the people of South also have a right to choose whether they want to continue in Nigeria or Not.

International concensus is beginning to shift on this issue. The Muslims have a choice, embrace a secular Nigeria or risk breakage and isolation.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

International concensus is beginning to shift on this issue. The Muslims have a choice, embrace a secular Nigeria or risk breakage and isolation.

Exactly.And we can help them quickly make up their mind by not sitting passively while they ride roughshod over us,murdering our people,and maiming them at will
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 9ijaprince(m): 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2010
Believe it now, splitting this country will be the best option. The marriage called nigeria has never really worked since onset. We should stop deceiving ourselves that we are one.

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Pennywise(m): 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

Your line of thinking is the basis of this conflict. You talk about the wish of the North without talking about the wish of the South. There are UN modalities for country who want to break up. and the last time I checked the people of South also have a right to choose whether they want to continue in Nigeria or North.

The UN modalities is a piece of paper. Lives of intelligent southern officers (who knew more abt these modalities than you and I) have been wasted with impunity.

The north took control of our economy through their military might which they still have. But things are beginning to unravel through deregulation. Fortunately we have the education, westernization, industry etc. With a strong economy we will be able to build a formidable military/arsenal.etc
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2010
Pennywise:

The UN modalities is a piece of paper. Lives of intelligent southern officers (who knew more abt these modalities than you and I) have been wasted with impunity.

The north took control of our economy through their military might which they still have. But things are beginning to unravel through deregulation. Fortunately we have the education, westernization, industry etc. With a strong economy we will be able to build a formidable military/arsenal.etc

That was 1967 - 69 Nigeria when the West thought on the advice of Britain that the ignorance and illiteracy of the North could exploited to enjoy the oil in the gulf of Guinea. Well times have changed.

The same West would not want to see Islamic terrorist wannabe control another important source of oil to the World.

Trust me their is no Northern Military might in Nigeria. Russia and UK simply gave support to where their interest lies and that was what won that war. Times have changed and Foreign Policy towards Nigeria is fast changing.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
Times have also changed because we in the South South have come to realise that the Igbos of the South East was never our problem.

The Yorubas have come to realise that the Hausa/Fulani are the problem

The Beroms and Lantangs in the middle belt are also tired of the Hausa/Fulani hegemony

So my brother times have changed. Hausa/Fulani has no military might.

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Amhatu(m): 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
2faced Qaddafi, he needs to go look at the cartoon a Morocco newspaper drew of him some years ago with his pants down to the west. cool
Filthy western hypocrite ! grin

Nigeria can sort out its on problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Trump / Over 11,000 Benefiiciaries Of Npower In Ekiti Declare Support For Buhari / Yul Edochie: I Will Run For Presidency In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.