Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke (45667 Views)

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office / Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by akdjr(m): 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
Your reason is on point man! But many people don't know and they keep saying all sort of things.....Govt presence was actually centered in some places in other to make other region irrelevant.
stanluiz:
Tell the fg to put an international airport and seaport in the east and ss and the population of Lagos will reduce. Many people trooping to Lagos to do their business was because of lack of federal present in their region.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Gamesmart: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that I have never in my life seen Buhari give any intellectual lecture. I can't really say what he has achieved in his life as a man, has he ever created job opportunity in Nigeria through his establishments?. I only know him as a runaway student and dictector. PITY.

When you are better educated, you would realise it is not the job of the government to create jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Habyz(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointB:

My opinion.

Government is wise. Put everything in Lagos, and let us all empty our villages, towns, and other cities into Lagos! We've been asking for International Airport, Seaports, and other facilities in SE for ages, but some politicians want everything to revolve around Lagos. As far as every meaningful economic resources (Seaports, Airports, Embassies, Head Offices) are skewed towards Lagos, so would the people. Lagos may grow, and burst, but people will do as the government policy dictates; people will continue to migrate.

Hence, Chinedu and Chidi are on the way to Lagos tomorrow with their families, I'm sure Musa and Yaya are also on their way in similar fashion.

That's how successive government wanted it. So be it!
I'm writing this with due respect to your person, I think your opinion is wrong, Lagos State has been APC led for a long time and Nigeria has been PDP led. The government has frustrated them through funds release and they have been hard at work so it is not fair to blame anyone for the progress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by TheKingIsHere: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
Doncharis:
Mr.Duke you used that word 'collapse' wrongly,population increase cannot collapse an economy rather it will mount pressure on social amenities.Check the law of geometric progression.What we need is diversification,duplicating an economic hub like lagos will release the population inflow.

Population increase can lead to so many other things that lead to economic collapse of a state, so Mr Duke is correct.

One thing about us is that we dont take warnings seriously until its too late.

Recently, the lagos state governor was complaining about the 50% that the FG takes from its tax and shares to other states. This too will have implications in the nearest future.

Ans since we have a president who cant think outside the box, Lagos will be greatly hit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_collapse

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by GoldNiagara(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrMystrO:

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/lagos-may-collapse-donald-duke/

So what does Lagos has to do with a boy at idp camp without a father, yet this one wants to be a president, can't even talk coherently.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by IgedeBushBoy(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that I have never in my life seen Buhari give any intellectual lecture. I can't really say what he has achieved in his life as a man, has he ever created job opportunity in Nigeria through his establishments?. I only know him as a runaway student and dictector. PITY.
You can't even spell ordinary DICTATOR, but here you are, criticising a man of Buhari's stature. Get wisdom so you can live long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
rlauncher:

You people, once somebody lied to you, you swallow it hook, line and sinker . Who told you Buhari was not educated.

Even the US government under Obama confirmed that Buhari had an equivalent of Masters degree with them in the military.

Some of you who are badmouthing the President can't even speak half of his English.
same way they denied dino melaye... buhari is not educated he was given honorary award on degree of education because he can speak English doesn't mean he went to school...obasanjo too the same thing we no be mumu
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by MrMystrO(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
GoldNiagara:

So what does Lagos has to do with a boy at idp camp without a father, yet this one wants to be a president, can't even talk coherently.

He was trying to point out that since most of Nigeria is still underdeveloped and The North Especially Gradually becoming uninhabitable due to the Security crisis over there, More and more people are trooping into Lagos on a yearly basis in search of greener pastures and that would Really put alot of extra weight (Probably more than it can handle) on the economy Of Lagos Unless something is Done to Stop that trend. Hope you Understand Now. Have a lovely day.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Danladi7: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Rotimik:

We need to open up other states.

We need massive construction of roads and railways.

We need to dredge the ports outside of Lagos to make them more functional. The ports as they are cannot bert big ships.

FG and states should build industrial parks in each state with good roads and electric power supply.

Efforts should be increased on the parts of FG and states to ramp up agricultural production.

This will reduce migration to Lagos.

They've done all these!

Eastern ports are functional,dont mind the lazy ass who loves blaming their underdevelopment on Lagos.

Virtually every Nigerian states has a free trade zone today

People are just sturborn.Help me ask donald duke,why is he not residing in calabar instead of lagos?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by TheSociopath(m): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
If there is seaports and international airports in se cities like onitsha and aba and note that there are commercial cities in the east the population of the igbos in Lagos because no need of going to Lagos again to do their business when they have economic infrastructures in their region.

The bulk of Igbos' customers are Yorubas and Hausas. So even at that, Igbos will still leave their land. It's only market they can sell

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by IgedeBushBoy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.
Don't mind the hypocrite. What is he even doing in Lagos? After successfully governing his people is he not supposed to stay back and serve in other capacities?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Doncharis(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Population increase can lead to so many other things that lead to economic collapse of a state, so Mr Duke is correct.

Recently, the lagos state governor was complaining about the 50% that the FG takes from its tax and shares to other states. This too will have implications in the nearest future.

Ans since we have a president who cant think outside the box, Lagos will be greatly hit.

havent heard where over population collapsed an economy,if you doubt me checkout the world history.And lagos wont be the first to witness that.If youre still in doubt lets wait for the next 20yrs to that effect.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by GoldNiagara(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrMystrO:

He was trying to point out that since most of Nigeria is still underdeveloped and The North Especially Gradually becoming uninhabitable due to the Security crisis over there, More and more people are trooping into Lagos on a yearly basis in search of greener pastures and that would Really put alot of extra weight (Probably more than it can handle) on the economy Of Lagos Unless something is Done to Stop that trend. Hope you Understand Now. Have a lovely day.

I didn't say I didn't understand him, I said he was not coherent. You articulated yourself but can you say that for that write up. Do you now understand me.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointB: 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Habyz:

I'm writing this with due respect to your person, I think your opinion is wrong, Lagos State has been APC led for a long time and Nigeria has been PDP led. The government has frustrated them through funds release and they have been hard at work so it is not fair to blame anyone for the progress.

This has nothing to do with governance of Lagos State, let alone APC or PDP - different sides of same coin!
The fact stated is that government (successive FG) have failed to develop other parts of the country in favour of Lagos? Could be deliberate or as a result of scheming by South West politicians with naive connivance of their counterpart from other regions.

If Onitsha Seaport is functional, gazetted, and supported won't the pressure on Lagos Ports, roads and city reduce? If Enugu International Airport is given necessary support, won't that also reduce the influx of people to Lagos.

If government fail to make this happen, how can they reduce the pressure on Lagos? At this rate how won't Lagos continue to grow, and eventually by the seams like a supernova?

Yorubas should support and actively encourage the citing of economic resources and hubs in other cities (especially SE), that's the only to enjoy your Lagos. Until that is done, the scramble for Lagos will continue to it's detriment. It's a no-brainer.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by kuntash: 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointB:
Donald mind yourself oo.

While we are encouraging our displaced Benue cowmen to come and join the hassle in Lagos, you are predicting doom.

Nothing dey shele bro.

Lasgidi will take us all without shaking. At least I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to an Embassy or use the International Airport or seaport. All I need to do is live in Lagos!

Be wise and read what is explained with an open heart
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Doncharis(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointB: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
You can't even spell ordinary DICTATOR, but here you are, criticising a man of Buhari's stature. Get wisdom so you can live long

Buhari and stature is an oxymoron.

Buhari is but a dunce exalted beyond his station by the virtue of fraudulent enrollment into the military! Now can you spare us your sermon!

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
Danladi7:

.All you want is for Nigeria to
just split like Catalonia wants to do with spain just because GEJ lost an election and buhari won.

Igbo people self grin

Buhari can't spend More than 4-8years !
am not Igbo but am partly yoruba becos of my mum so forget am not a fan of GEJ and Any president Nigeria has ever produced my own stance is that Nigeria is too big to contain Igbo Yoruba and Hausa let divide to six countries according to our geo political zones and see how we will be better...nothing good can ever come out of this country

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Doncharis(m): 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Havent heard where over population collapsed an economy,in world economic history,and lagos wont be the first to witness that.If you doubt me lets wait for the next 20yrs to look on that.What the govt need to do is developing other areas to balance the economy of lagos
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointB: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
kuntash:

Be wise and read what is explained with an open heart

Be wise and read between the line. Do you know sarcasm?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrMystrO:

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/lagos-may-collapse-donald-duke/

Didn't he join them to steal while he was in government?

Hypocritical idiot, that's what he is. . . .
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by EyoMasquerade: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Eko o lebaje. Itesiwaju Eko is on course. Lagos State is the dream of Nigeria- a place where the best brains work for the best interest of all its citizens irrespective of their source or rank. While Donald's submission is on point, Lagos Spirit is too strong to be destroyed. And you can quote me anywhere

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrMystrO:

Lol Very Funny

Even if Buhari and APC are out of power in 2019, they will continue to blame PDP and GEJ for APC and Buhari's corrupt bad governance.

Only one state has sea ports and cargos/vessels clearing sea port out of 36 states and FCT. Then zombies are deceiving themselves that Nigeria will not collapse?

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by akigbemaru: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointB:
Donald mind yourself oo.

While we are encouraging our displaced Benue cowmen to come and join the hassle in Lagos, you are predicting doom.

Nothing dey shele bro.

Lasgidi will take us all without shaking. At least I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to an Embassy or use the International Airport or seaport. All I need to do is live in Lagos!

(Be sure to wear your sarcasm lens before reading)
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Amarabae(f): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Portharcourt would have been like Lagos, M. I okpara had the plans as premier then but the Igboophobic policies and sentiments killed the dream.
I don't envy Lagos for one day, the city deserve it's growth.
Eko o ni baje o
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by oodualover: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
mamaafrik:
and what makes you think the South-southern and southern eastern governors can't form a power bloc and integrate economically,i mean jointly putting infrastructure like ,rails,roads,seaports,bridges school,why can't they what the likes of AMOSUN is trying to do, taking advantage of boxing Lagos to the sea instead of giving flipant excuses,they should all stop that silly Ego of "we developed lagos and Nigeria"and get to work,if you are not faithful with a Kobo,will you be with 10 Naira??And we shout all day.,Tinubu would have cried "yee mokuoooo" during the days of F.G'S starvation but he thought outside the box and today,now his successors are basking and improving on it,when will every villages in Nigeria be represented in In East and south-south,if given mantle of leadership today,who are the ones that will stand tall amongst those Governor to take Mantle?.less of Cry,more of WORK Biko.
Egbon, I am dissappointed in your reply towards that Osu. Why not just simply ask him where the port harcourt and Abiam( or whatever) International airports are located? Ekiti?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PVision2020(m): 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
laudate:

Onne port is in the SS, while Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu is in the SE.
Don't mind them.

BTW, let them keep coming, the ripple effect is fast showing in Ogun and Oyo. Ogun and Lagos is gradually merging into one. Most real estate company are presently focusing on Ogun (AREPPO, SIMAWA, MOWE, AGBARA, OFADA, ASESE etc) and Oyo for medium n low income earners working and doing business in lagos.
With the completion of Osun State Gbongan-Ikorodu project, Ondo's state Ilaje-Epe project and the Lagos Ibadan (Ore) rail/Ikorodu - Areppo road project/ the proposed Ondo seaport linking lekki seaport, the SW states will be without Borders hence the SW will witness tremendous development. All the SW states need is to find a means to connect to Lagos.
By fire by force they will not only develop Lagos, Ogun and Oyo, they will also join hands with us to develop our most remote Villages.
When the Nigeria project finally expire (that's very sure), we will separate the wheat from the Chaff.
For now let the wheat n weeds grow together till the day of judgement. SELAH
The normal law of adaptation n survival is that Migration to neighbouring places is inevitable in an overcrowded habitat.
They have no option, let them leave Egypt and come to Canaan, a land flowing with milk and Honey.
#EKAABO

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by pointstores(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
Repair and convert ur fan,inverter,ups to work 15hour Nigeria made 30hours solar fan now in stock with 2year warranty available in 16,18inches.... affordable solar inverters and battery for autos in stock buy and get free gift 08166117634
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:

There an international airport in the SE and you don't have any sea so you can not have any sea port.

Btw, other state governors are building their own airports and sea ports so what is wrong with your own incompetent and lazy governors with no vision and foresight building their own too instead of crying and begging the FG for everything?

Or the noise about the smart, the richest and the most industrious SE are just lies and rubbish?

Funny.
How about the seaport at Onitsha
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
fellowman:
let's go there eko is no man's land.
as how?

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
erico2k2:

How about the seaport at Onitsha
Southeast and south south governors and politicians are fools.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by tealaw(m): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
We put bunch of failures up there n u expect d country to work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Police Station Built By Shauibu Saleh, Kaduna North LGA Chairman / How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / Nigerian Female Soldiers Back In The 60's (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.