Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke (45666 Views)

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office / Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.
I guess u didn't know Cross-River state before Duke became a governor, if you did I believe you would have understood his point,his transformation has since been unbeatable, if not for the morons that took over from him that allowed the state to degenerate to its present state, Cross-River should have been a London.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by dabeto: 4:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:

hmmm, why can't you children talk without revealing the kind of background you come from? there is so much hope for you from what Duke left behind in Cross River, that's why he's having orgasm over Lagos.

My greetings to your dad.
[color=#006600][/color]
The unfortunate thing about social media especially NL, is that it's allows everyone wear same cap. However, kids can still be picked out.
Enjoy yourself.... grin
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by mamaafrik(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Tell the fg to put an international airport and seaport in the east and ss and the population of Lagos will reduce. Many people trooping to Lagos to do their business was because of lack of federal present in their region.
and what makes you think the South-southern and southern eastern governors can't form a power bloc and integrate economically,i mean jointly putting infrastructure like ,rails,roads,seaports,bridges school,why can't they what the likes of AMOSUN is trying to do, taking advantage of boxing Lagos to the sea instead of giving flipant excuses,they should all stop that silly Ego of "we developed lagos and Nigeria"and get to work,if you are not faithful with a Kobo,will you be with 10 Naira??And we shout all day.,Tinubu would have cried "yee mokuoooo" during the days of F.G'S starvation but he thought outside the box and today,now his successors are basking and improving on it,when will every villages in Nigeria be represented in In East and south-south,if given mantle of leadership today,who are the ones that will stand tall amongst those Governor to take Mantle?.less of Cry,more of WORK Biko.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Danladi7: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Thank you dear if there is much federal present in every region for example Niger delta region all the multinational oil companies will have there headquarters there likewise the Se region and doing so people will troop out of Lagos making the state to be decongested.
Nigerdelta people chased oil companies away with their own hands!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by sshalom(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is the type of people that we should have running our government.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by deebsman1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donald Duke for President, this is 1 guy PDP may field and whom i belief can stand a chance.

The other visionary politician i know is Babatunde Raji Fashola
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Meritocracy: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Sell all your properties in Lagos and go back to your village to safe Lagos from being collapse sir.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by rlauncher(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
bayulll011:

1.Lagos traffic

Heaven knows these is one of the hellish and most annoying thing Lagosian go through daily,all the road are either bad or being in the state of comatose for more than a year due to reconstructuring and slow executions of projects by hes croonics called contractors.

how do you explain the traffic on the island and mainland,u spend most of your time on traffic,you wonder what happen to the fear of lasma we have during fashola regime,all you see is danfo drivers picking and causing traffic in all bus stops.

2.Refuse

lagos has turn to what i called a bin,no street in lagos you will pass through where there will not be gabbages of rubbish in streets,highways etc,he he is clueless on managing waste that was going on fine during fashola era,Ambode gave expatriate to manage the waste in his state these can only be said of someone who is clueless.

3. Infrastructures.

forget all the Elephant project,Ambode is looting Lagos dry,no accountable on all the project in lagos,is either those projects are over budgeted or projected in a manner that one will wonder what's going on,remember Abule Egba bridge and Ojota pedestrian bridge this is just one of those project,and someone should tell him o stop buying generators to power those street,a sensible and visionary leaders envisage and solve problems that may arise in the future not buying generators to police and adding to global warming.

4.Education.

i have not seen anything in these area,Ambode still enjoy all the policies Fashola put into place,fashola build and renovated all the public schools and created some learning and research centres for children with special attributes,but ambode seems not to understand that Lagos populace needs more and viable world class education centres to meet up with the rest of the world.

Amdode has no idea to turn the education of the state around,go to some public school today it will suprise you that some don't have chairs they sit on floor to attends to lectures.

5.Electricity

someone should educate mr Ambode that the whole body of lagos is covered with water,and there is something they called Hydro thermal energy,these can generate more than 34,000 megawatts of electricity and he can sell to neighboring state and earn more money,he should stop buying generators to power all the street light in lagos,this is 2017 for heaven sake the arctic ice is melting,there is global warming he should meet professionals,a nuclear fusion reactors that can be easily shut down by water can serve the whole nation instead of waiting for the unfortunate people at the senate to pass a bill on devolutions of electricity bill that will never see the light of the day.

6.Employment

The lagos state govermnet website advertised some opening recently i will ask how many people was able to apply and get the job,he favored hes croonics,party cheiftance favored the meneber of hes church,no JOB is thrown at the masses,he recruited LASMA recently,where are they today,now neighborhood watch,he waste so much on unproductive projects,most of these projects also take eternity before execution.

Go to street of lagos all you see are hungry and angry youth roaming the street,cos no job which has already paved way to differnet crime in the state,he should come up with idea to employ the common man on the street not all these unproductive job that add nothing to the state.

7.Health.

lagos still don't have viable health scheme,go to our various hospital you will be amazed and cry for us as a nation's,no tools to work on,no word class health equipments you buy bed space,you pay for everything,annoying thing is they fly abroad if they have malaria,lagosian should be wise and these issues of God father has to stop,vote for a sensible and visionary leaders that will add value to your life

Your assertions here are all twisted and does not represent the truth about Lagos.

I would not claim that Lagos have the best of these infrastructures in the world, but the state is doing its best based on the resources available to it and the more than 24 million people it had to cater for.

In Lagos, civil servants and teachers are well caterd for. Graduates earn about N150,000 in the civil service and teaching.

The public schools are very good and well equipped, although they are very few compared to the population. Most Lagosians send their kids to private schools.

The public health system have since been modernized, very clean and fully staffed, though more are still required because of the growing population.

New dual carriageway roads are presently being constructed to open up Epe, Ikorodu, Ibeju-Lekki and Badagry in order to de- conjest Lagos Central .

As to whether Governor Ambode is stealing Lagos money, you have no proof. So shut your mouth, and stop spewing trash.

8 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by laidthrice(m): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Chairman you just asked what I call a fool's question.
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by mmsen: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
rlauncher:

I totally disagree with you. Population determines the size of market for any business. So it is a blessing.

What our people need is empowerment.

Empowerment comes from enlightenment and education (and not in the narrow sense of the word).

That will not happen when you have a population that is growing at a ridiculous rate - who is going to educate these children when there are too many for them to be cared for adequately?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
bayulll011:

i talked on what concerns me

On a thread about Donald Duke harping about Lagos!
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by lazygal: 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrMystrO:

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/lagos-may-collapse-donald-duke/

I love duke but he sure got this one wrong..where did he get the statistics from? What makes him feel those people just sit and do nothing ? Lagos is the most economically strong state in Nigeria ..strong and still lgrowng stronger ...its not static

Lagos can never collapsonly issue will be security,traffic accommodation ,distribution of electricity as usagexwill be more ,maintainace of roads
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointB:
Donald mind yourself oo.

While we are encouraging our displaced Benue cowmen to come and join the hassle in Lagos, you are predicting doom.

Nothing dey shele bro.

Lasgidi will take us all without shaking. At least I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to go to an Embassy or use the International Airport or seaport. All I need to do is live in Lagos!

Still gather small sense. Chai. It's because of your existence politicians still steal. So full of emptiness.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by 4lake4real: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:

Duke did a lot .Cross river state was among the top five in Nigeria few years back.All the infrastructure he built was destroyed by people that took after him. calabar had constant supply of electricity,calabar carnival was to bring investors,obudu cattle ranch was a tourist site.business was blooming then.Immediately he step down tinapa resort was the first thing that stop functioning,now calabar carnival is dead, his predecessor ruin everything . T he current gov just know how to speak English and he built factory for sewing uniform that was all he did.Lagos is developing because each gov want to outdo the last gov unlike other states that destroy what past government as built.

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by 4lake4real: 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
laidthrice:
Chairman you just asked what I call a fool's question.
Thank you. That comment was du.b
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by 4lake4real: 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
sultanO:

I guess u didn't know Cross-River state before Duke became a governor, if you did I believe you would have understood his point,his transformation has since been unbeatable, if not for the morons that took over from him that allowed the state to degenerate to its present state, Cross-River should have been a London.
Thank you for saying it as its
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
laudate:

Erico2k2, please come and see your brothers here forming 'doubting thomas'. Enugu International Airport does not reject cargo. So what on earth are you talking about?

Ahaha who nor go nor know
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by rlauncher(m): 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
sprintscr7:

buhari that did not go to school tell him to show his certificate and where he graduated from...like we don't know why we put him there...All I want is for Nigeria to just split like Catalonia wants to do with spain and I wish our oil wells could dry up so that we can all go back to farm those northerners have really infested us with their ignorance and uncilivilzed way of living..

You people, once somebody lied to you, you swallow it hook, line and sinker . Who told you Buhari was not educated.

Even the US government under Obama confirmed that Buhari had an equivalent of Masters degree with them in the military.

Some of you who are badmouthing the President can't even speak half of his English.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by phantom24: 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:

He built a world class TINAPA BUSINESS RESORT & (EPZ), EXPORT PRICES SING ZONE, which had a water way for a mini port . but ur clueless sycophantic brother who was then the president refuse to grant that project a full functional certification so that Lagos will continue to be the only state hat has a seaport in big.at d expense of the entire south south/ south East region angry
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by phantom24: 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:

He built a world class TINAPA BUSINESS RESORT & (EPZ), EXPORT PRICES SING ZONE, which had a water way for a mini port . but ur clueless sycophantic brother who was then the president refuse to grant that project a full functional certification so that Lagos will continue to be the only state that has a seaport in Nig. at d expense of the entire south south/ south East region angry
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by rlauncher(m): 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
lazygal:

I love duke but he sure got this one wrong..where did he get the statistics from? What makes him feel those people just sit and do nothing ? Lagos is the most economically strong state in Nigeria ..strong and still lgrowng stronger ...its not static

Lagos can never collapsonly issue will be security,traffic accommodation ,distribution of electricity as usagexwill be more ,maintainace of roads

Lagos is presently building a 3000MW embeded power project. This will help improve the quality of life in the state when completed.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
rlauncher:

You people, once somebody lied to you, you swallow it hook, line and sinker . Who told you Buhari was not educated.

Even the US government under Obama confirmed that Buhari had an equivalent of Masters degree with them in the military.

Some of you who are badmouthing the President can't even speak half of his English.
I'm tempted to say you are silly but I won't however b4 I quit can U plz point me to any link where Obama said what you claim he did ?

PS Buhari said Mako was the president of West Germany .

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
phantom24:

He built a world class TINAPA BUSINESS RESORT & (EPZ), EXPORT PRICES SING ZONE, which had a water way for a mini port . but ur clueless sycophantic brother who was then the president refuse to grant that project a full functional certification so that Lagos will continue to be the only state that has a seaport in Nig. at d expense of the entire south south/ south East region angry
Make Una wise . You guys have no clue of Biz in Nigeria . I sometimes wonder how you guys navigate in that country . Who told you Lagos has the only fumctionin port in Nigeria ?
Feb this year I got my container from Onne port in rivers state . Now I just gt bck frm China my container is scheduled to land Onitsha port . U can Google arrival and departure times of these seaports in real time FOC . Why the likes of you are lazy to add to your knowledge beats my imagination .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Habyz(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointB:
Donald mind yourself oo.

While we are encouraging our displaced Benue cowmen to come and join the hassle in Lagos, you are predicting doom.

Nothing dey shele bro.

Lasgidi will take us all without shaking. At least I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to an Embassy or use the International Airport or seaport. All I need to do is live in Lagos!

Seriously undecided
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Habyz(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointB:
Donald mind yourself oo.

Nothing dey shele bro.

Lasgidi will take us all without shaking. At least I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to an Embassy or use the International Airport or seaport. All I need to do is live in Lagos!

Seriously? undecided
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Habyz(m): 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
magoo10:

He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work.

What does buhari know about economics kwanu,how does cattle rearing relate to economics in governance, somebody that have not written a book nor given intellectual lecture.
It really amaze me how zombies think the man can do magic in making Nigeria prosper economically.
So a man has to write a book or give an intellectual lecture to be considered economically intelligent?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Danladi7: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
phantom24:

He built a world class TINAPA BUSINESS RESORT & (EPZ), EXPORT PRICES SING ZONE, which had a water way for a mini port . but ur clueless sycophantic brother who was then the president refuse to grant that project a full functional certification so that Lagos will continue to be the only state hat has a seaport in big.at d expense of the entire south south/ south East region angry
And what was your clueless mumu president called GEJ doing for 6years.You guys will continue to be backward until you learn not to always blame your problems on others especially the yorubas.

God will bless the yorubas,they hardly blame their woes on others

6 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by deomelo: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Tell the fg to put an international airport and seaport in the east and ss and the population of Lagos will reduce. Many people trooping to Lagos to do their business was because of lack of federal present in their region.

There an international airport in the SE and you don't have any sea so you can not have any sea port.

Btw, other state governors are building their own airports and sea ports so what is wrong with your own incompetent and lazy governors with no vision and foresight building their own too instead of crying and begging the FG for everything?

Or the noise about the smart, the richest and the most industrious SE are just lies and rubbish?

Funny.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Doncharis(m): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mr.Duke you used that word 'collapse' wrongly,population increase cannot collapse an economy rather it will mount pressure on social amenities.Check the law of geometric progression.What we need is diversification,duplicating an economic hub like lagos will release the population inflow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Danladi7: 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
sprintscr7:

buhari that did not go to school tell him to show his certificate and where he graduated from...like we don't know why we put him there...All I want is for Nigeria to just split like Catalonia wants to do with spain and I wish our oil wells could dry up so that we can all go back to farm those northerners have really infested us with their ignorance and uncilivilzed way of living..

.All you want is for Nigeria to
just split like Catalonia wants to do with spain just because GEJ lost an election and buhari won.

Igbo people self grin

Buhari can't spend More than 4-8years !

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointB: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
Habyz:

Seriously? undecided

My opinion.

Government is wise. Put everything in Lagos, and let us all empty our villages, towns, and other cities into Lagos! We've been asking for International Airport, Seaports, and other facilities in SE for ages, but some politicians want everything to revolve around Lagos. As far as every meaningful economic resources (Seaports, Airports, Embassies, Head Offices) are skewed towards Lagos, so would the people. Lagos may grow, and burst, but people will do as the government policy dictates; people will continue to migrate.

Hence, Chinedu and Chidi are on the way to Lagos tomorrow with their families, I'm sure Musa and Yaya are also on their way in similar fashion.

That's how successive government wanted it. So be it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by TheKingIsHere: 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
lazygal:

This is what donald duke is talking about.

He simply said that the FG has failed especially in the entire NE/NW/NC and SS/SE/SW hence people will troop into lagos for survival..Now as the population grows more pressure will be on infrastructure, security, accommodation, electricity etc..So at the end, Lagos will suffer for the failures of the entire government( both at federal and state level).

Guys, learn to read and assimilate before commenting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Police Station Built By Shauibu Saleh, Kaduna North LGA Chairman / How Oshiomhole Avoided INEC's Hammer As Lawan, Akpabio Umahi Lose Out / Soldier Pushed Around By Man Who Tried Assaulting Him (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.