Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke (45681 Views)

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office / Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PigCatcher: 12:06am On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

My point is, the ONNE port serves the importers from the SE,however, there are talks for the Onitsha port to increase capacity,this was how we got the PH port going and teh PH Airport going.Im very sure you never knew teh PH port was functioning.if you dont know the nity grity do not conclude.FYI Onitsha port is recieving container ships,this is fact,Im trying to dig out the details online but cant seem to find any,Cargos from china do go there.Im doing a container to Onitsha port as I got 1x FCL and 1xLCL, so the LCL is shared with a container destined for Onitsha.

See, you're not talking to a village boy. I've been to 30/36 states of Nigeria. There are several seaports in Nigeria, Rivers state alone has two functional ports (PH port aka Port of Port Harcourt and Onne port) among other ports in the country. The so called Onitsha port is an inland water way, not a sea. No amount of dredging done on river Niger can turn it to a sea. Which merchant wants his ship damaged for going off-sea? South East is landlocked, shipment to Onitsha will have to be transferred via a standard port.

You see my friend. Lagos is strategic, it also took more than federal presence to build Lagos to what it is now

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 12:13am On Nov 04, 2017
PigCatcher:

See, you're not talking to a village boy. I've been to 30/36 states of Nigeria. There are several seaports in Nigeria, Rivers state alone has two functional ports (PH port aka Port of Port Harcourt and Onne port) among other ports in the country. The so called Onitsha port is an inland water way, not a sea. No amount of dredging done on river Niger can turn it to a sea. Which merchant wants his ship damaged for going off-sea? South East is landlocked, shipment to Onitsha will have to be transferred via a standard port.

You see my friend. Lagos is strategic, it also took more than federal presence to build Lagos to what it is now
let me ask you QUESTION,btw the SW and teh SE, which is closer to ASIA?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by deomelo: 12:51am On Nov 04, 2017
PointB:

This has nothing to do with governance of Lagos State, let alone APC or PDP - different sides of same coin!
The fact stated is that government (successive FG) have failed to develop other parts of the country in favour of Lagos? Could be deliberate or as a result of scheming by South West politicians with naive connivance of their counterpart from other regions.

If Onitsha Seaport is functional, gazetted, and supported won't the pressure on Lagos Ports, roads and city reduce? If Enugu International Airport is given necessary support, won't that also reduce the influx of people to Lagos.

If government fail to make this happen, how can they reduce the pressure on Lagos? At this rate how won't Lagos continue to grow, and eventually by the seams like a supernova?

Yorubas should support and actively encourage the citing of economic resources and hubs in other cities (especially SE), that's the only to enjoy your Lagos. Until that is done, the scramble for Lagos will continue to it's detriment. It's a no-brainer.

No going back on Gelegele Seaport project – Edo Govt
“There is sufficient economic justification for the Gelegele port and we will raise funds from the private sector to develop the facility. We do not believe that the federal government will stop or discourage Edo State from building a Port that is economically viable,” he added.

Obaseki said the seaport is on course as his administration is talking to consultants who are currently working on the designs and conducting studies on water depth, the width of the river and the amount of dredging needed.
He assured Edo people that a lot is being done to make the project a reality within the shortest and realistic time possible.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/no-going-back-gelegele-seaport-project-edo-govt/

Ordinary Edo state is gearing up to build their own Seaport no matter what, even daring the FG to stop them while you Igbos are still in a state of apathy, still nursing dependency syndrome, still begging and waiting for the FG to do everything for you.

It's like you people are little children that must be spoon fed food forever.

Many states are building their own bridges, their own airports, their own seaports and so on, but trust the SE to Sidon look and keep begging and making it other people's responsibility to determine their destiny and economic future.

It is sad enough that you have leaders without spine, leaders without vision and leaders without foresight who for so many decades have abdicated their responsibilities and perfected the art of pointing fingers and shouting marginalization instead of doing their job, but it's even very saddening that you the youths have perfectly copied the same doomed traits, you are making the same mistake your forefathers made.

When are your leaders going to start thinking like the people in Edo, or the people in Dutse with their own new international airport or Osun state building their own airport, Lagos building their own bridge in less than 4 years while your leaders keep begging and begging for 2nd NB, a bridge that they themselves can build in no time.

Have you people reached some kind of conclusion that you are never going to be in charge of your own economic future unless the FG spoon feeds you everything you really can do yourselves?

This is very disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by deomelo: 1:05am On Nov 04, 2017
bayulll011:

I don't argue with unfortunate paid assslicker.

Is either u a political agbero or u re just plainly silly to observe that lagos has gone from where fashola left it to worst state.

Well I don't blame u,u lots deserves all the unfortunates leaders that rule u pple

Vry true.

Ambode is a disaster. Obviously, he can not fill Fashola's big shoes hence things getting worse across the board.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Faraidi(m): 4:39am On Nov 04, 2017
PointB:
Donald mind yourself oo.

While we are encouraging our displaced Benue cowmen to come and join the hassle in Lagos, you are predicting doom.

Nothing dey shele bro.

Lasgidi will take us all without shaking. At least I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to an Embassy or use the International Airport or seaport. All I need to do is live in Lagos!

(Be sure to wear your sarcasm lens before reading)
you are the fool that man is taking about. Oga go and develop your STATE

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by kjhova(m): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2017
PointZerom:

When he said that he will make Nigeria ungovernable, I thought that he was joking not knowing that he's a prophet of his own doom.

For how long do we continue to peddle this fake news?

Buhari never threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable and has never said any similar thing!

It was a PDP leader, Mamman Kaita, who made this threat when the PDP cancelled presidential primaries and declared GEJ their unopposed presidential candidate!!

For how long will this lie remain??
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by des4ella(m): 7:27am On Nov 04, 2017
magoo10:

He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work.

What does buhari know about economics kwanu,how does cattle rearing relate to economics in governance, somebody that have not written a book nor given intellectual lecture.
It really amaze me how zombies think the man can do magic in making Nigeria prosper economically.
u made me Iaugh

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by amacastel: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2017
stanluiz:
Thank you but secession won't work unless you are ready for war I mean to face Nigeria brutal army otherwise they will waste your people for nothing. I support regional government.

Brutal army indeed , army that cannot defeat ordinary bokoharam is that one an army. Cos the killed armless pro biafra agitators you call them brutal sorry they are wealikings
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by amacastel: 8:40am On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

You have time to talk to the local champion that feel he knws it all cos he is jumping all round Nigeria.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by noalistic(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2017
stanluiz:
If there is seaports and international airports in se cities like onitsha and aba and note that there are commercial cities in the east the population of the igbos in Lagos because no need of going to Lagos again to do their business when they have economic infrastructures in their region.
U guys are just myopic. So the petty Igbo traders and prostitutes in Lagos need an airport or seaport abi. Just accept that the East is cursed and not viable. If u want a seaport or airport in the east, put it there. The east will be built by the easterners

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Dex4(m): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2017
Sir, about time you join the fray and try effect some changes. If i had options like you in 2015,i won't have voted for Mr Buhari. We all see the rot in this system, faik to act thereby creating great problem for ourselves and future kids who have no hands in all these.
MrMystrO:

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/lagos-may-collapse-donald-duke/

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by MrMystrO(m): 9:49am On Nov 04, 2017
Faraidi:
you are the fool that man is taking about. Oga go and develop your STATE

Lol he was Only being Sarcastic bro, Funny you didn't see his Warning at the end of his write-up.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by phantom24: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

Make Una wise . You guys have no clue of Biz in Nigeria . I sometimes wonder how you guys navigate in that country . Who told you Lagos has the only fumctionin port in Nigeria ?
Feb this year I got my container from Onne port in rivers state . Now I just gt bck frm China my container is scheduled to land Onitsha port . U can Google arrival and departure times of these seaports in real time FOC . Why the likes of you are lazy to add to your knowledge beats my imagination .

Ur problem is myiopia my friend. It's obvious u we're looking for an opportunity to tell Nigerians that u have a container worth of goods from China, I don't need to ask u of d content...cos I knw ur an Igbo man. Now checked d question I replied. If I may ask, at what capacity is d port operating? I guess its d only easy way that u can get those contraband stuffs smuggled into d country?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
phantom24:

Ur problem is myiopia my friend. It's obvious u we're looking for an opportunity to tell Nigerians that u have a container worth of goods from China, I don't need to ask u of d content...cos I knw ur an Igbo man. Now checked d question I replied. If I may ask, at what capacity is d port operating? I guess its d only easy way that u can get those contraband stuffs smuggled into d country?
Your sense of reasoning is $0.02 cents .
Your hate for Igbos has blinded your rational thought
Your foolishness is further established for the simple reason that I'm not Igbo but Urhobo from the Warri /sapele axis . With links to Rivers . (Don't U now look stupid)
Talking about containers well I'm sorry if it's a big deal to you cos 1 40 ft container of households would set you back at least N20m . That should have told you I'm way way out of your league . I know my level and slippers get size .
If you bothered to read fru all I have said so far you won't be sstup***I'd enough to ask at what capacity the port was working as I have posted links to Live Data .you would have seen up to 20 vessels there of different shape and forms . .
PS everybody nor be same level here.I have met big boys on this forum in the US , UK . Germany etc . So if your level low guy nor B me do you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by laudate: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
PointB:
This has nothing to do with governance of Lagos State, let alone APC or PDP - different sides of same coin!
The fact stated is that government (successive FG) have failed to develop other parts of the country in favour of Lagos? Could be deliberate or as a result of scheming by South West politicians with naive connivance of their counterpart from other regions.

If Onitsha Seaport is functional, gazetted, and supported won't the pressure on Lagos Ports, roads and city reduce? If Enugu International Airport is given necessary support, won't that also reduce the influx of people to Lagos.

If government fail to make this happen, how can they reduce the pressure on Lagos? At this rate how won't Lagos continue to grow, and eventually by the seams like a supernova?

Yorubas should support and actively encourage the citing of economic resources and hubs in other cities (especially SE), that's the only to enjoy your Lagos. Until that is done, the scramble for Lagos will continue to it's detriment. It's a no-brainer.
Which seaport does Onitsha have? Maybe you wanted to say Onitsha river port. And what kind of support should be given to Enugu airport, that it does not currently have? Don't forget that Stella Oduah was Aviation Minister under GEJ, and she could have changed the entire fortune of all the airports in the SE, if she wanted to do so, at that time.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by laudate: 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:
Your sense of reasoning is $0.02 cents .
Your hate for Igbos has blinded your rational thought
Your foolishness is further established for the simple reason that I'm not Igbo but Urhobo from the Warri /sapele axis . With links to Rivers . (Don't U now look stupid)
Talking about containers well I'm sorry if it's a big deal to you cos 1 40 ft container of households would set you back at least N20m . That should have told you I'm way way out of your league . I know my level and slippers get size .
If you bothered to read fru all I have said so far you won't be sstup***I'd enough to ask at what capacity the port was working as I have posted links to Live Data .you would have seen up to 20 vessels there of different shape and forms . .
PS everybody nor be same level here.I have met big boys on this forum in the US , UK . Germany etc . So if your level low guy nor B me do you.
Erico2k Abeg, I no fit laugh again. See as you just take one hand demolish the guy! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by laudate: 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

Make Una wise . You guys have no clue of Biz in Nigeria . I sometimes wonder how you guys navigate in that country . Who told you Lagos has the only fumctionin port in Nigeria ?
Feb this year I got my container from Onne port in rivers state . Now I just gt bck frm China my container is scheduled to land Onitsha port . U can Google arrival and departure times of these seaports in real time FOC . Why the likes of you are lazy to add to your knowledge beats my imagination .
Erico2k2, you are just schooling these guys for free... I like it! cool Keep up the good work, my guy!

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by laudate: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
PointB:
My opinion.

Government is wise. Put everything in Lagos, and let us all empty our villages, towns, and other cities into Lagos! We've been asking for International Airport, Seaports, and other facilities in SE for ages, but some politicians want everything to revolve around Lagos. As far as every meaningful economic resources (Seaports, Airports, Embassies, Head Offices) are skewed towards Lagos, so would the people. Lagos may grow, and burst, but people will do as the government policy dictates; people will continue to migrate.

Hence, Chinedu and Chidi are on the way to Lagos tomorrow with their families, I'm sure Musa and Yaya are also on their way in similar fashion.

That's how successive government wanted it. So be it!
See this joker. Onne port and Port-harcourt seaport are not enough for you. Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu is also there, as well as Port-harcourt Airport. For your information, embassies are only sited in the political capitals of countries, while consular offices are located in places where there is a preponderance of the citizens of the embassy's native country. So what is your problem?

The problem is that Chinedu and Chidi do not always end up in Lagos, they also migrate to other Yoruba towns in the SW, such as Akure, Osogbo, Ado-Ekiti, Otta, Abeokuta etc. Do those towns have a seaport and an international airport too??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by laudate: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

I dont know what you are high on but let me just say this, we have a functional sea port and Air port in Rivers state, now thats is south south, I dont know and dont wanna know about waht craap goes on in South East, I leave that for Igbos to speak of.I ship goods to One port in Rivers stat from china and I fly direct from the Uk via Germany to PHC International Airport.So what you are crying about seems to resides in your region only.
Bigger boy!! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
laudate:

Erico2k Abeg, I no fit laugh again. See as you just take one hand demolish the guy! cheesy
Nor mind the bagga , instead make E stick to his Fowl and Boiler biz E dey gap mouth with me.If I was in his shoes I go jst jeje add this knowledge to my own and one day use the said Sea port or Airport . E dey there dey drag .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Konquest: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
MrMystrO:

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/lagos-may-collapse-donald-duke/

^^^^^^^^^
Donald Duke is right to some extent.
Nigeria's population is projected to be
400 million in the year 2050! But this
population would be of use if Nigeria
stops being a "Significant Underachiever!"

If other states don't wake up and gravitate
towards where they have comparative
advantage, more people will flood towards
NOT just Lagos State, but Akwa Ibom, PH,
Abuja, Kano, Ogun, Oyo... these areas are currently witnessing influx of people from
within and outside Nigeria via the porous
borders!

I saw a post on page 4 of this thread
insinuating that SW people [Yoruba] are preventing
so-called "Sea port" from being built in
the S/East. This is FALSE! The SE has only a River Port [Not a Sea Port]
in Onitsha along the banks of River Niger
which was renovated and upgraded but
is currently not being used because
it is not viable and will not be able to
take big oceangoing ships.

The River Niger is shallow and dredging
it of silt is very expensive, so any port
built along a river that is shallow cannot
be viable for international shipping
and will just be gulping millions of dollars every
year on dredging.

The maritime industry also has what is
called Destination of Cargo. No international
shipping company will come to an area
if there are NO industries that would
enable them to bring in their large
ships with goods and take goods away
from Nigeria. This is where Lagos Ports
will have a comparative advantage for
a long time to come, because it is
closer to Europe and America.

Onne Port has no Destination of Cargo
because of the lack of many manufacturing
industries. Calabar, Warri, Burutu, Onitsha
Ports are ALL River Ports that were built
for political reasons but have turned out
to be non-viable and expensive to maintain
because they will need constant dredging
annually because of the heavy silt deposits.

Only Deep Sea Ports like the expected
Lekki, Badagry,
Bakassi, Zaba Zaba and Ibaka can overcome the
silt deposit problems associated with River Ports
like Onitsha and Calabar which should never
have been built by Gen. Obasanjo's military
Government in 1978. Calabar was built with
a loan from Norway to assist the Lagos Ports
then to decongest.

Experts suggest that these River Ports
can be creatively turned to fishing terminals so they
are NOT a complete waste. grin

I hope this helps.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nationalman: 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
stanluiz:
Tell the fg to put an international airport and seaport in the east and ss and the population of Lagos will reduce. Many people trooping to Lagos to do their business was because of lack of federal present in their region.
seaport and Airport is not the reason for the eastern economic issue
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nationalman: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

chief your mumu don do.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nationalman:
chief your mumu don do.
your papa na MU MU and your MAMA nah bigger MUMU, and all of una mumu don DO!
make U and U STICK TO farming!
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
You can't even spell ordinary DICTATOR, but here you are, criticising a man of Buhari's stature. Get wisdom so you can live long

E pain am well well.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
Gamesmart:

When you are better educated, you would realise it is not the job of the government to create jobs.

When you become matured, you'll realise that your government promised to create jobs.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nationalman: 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

your papa na MU MU and your MAMA nah bigger MUMU, and all of una mumu don DO!
make U and U STICK TO farming!
shut u you son from a mother with smelling P......y
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Ollysma:
You are angry because he say the truth the way it is.

How are my angry?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nationalman:
shut you son from a mother with smelling P......y
NAH SUFFERMENT put you for this line so, nor B me tell Ogun state govt not to sell una that farm land,Instead of you to keep your small money to chop, U dey waste am for MB expired mumu.
Unger is Real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nationalman: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
erico2k2:

NAH SUFFERMENT put you for this line so, nor B me tell Ogun state govt not to sell una that farm land,Instead of you to keep your small money to chop, U dey waste am for MB expired mumu.
Unger is Real
i no expect anything good from pikin wey him mama tot... they smell.from available fact them always they think through their Anus. when people with brain they all this mufoo whey we dont try empower too go they talk.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nationalman:
i no expect anything good from pikin wey him mama tot... they smell.from available fact them always they think through their Anus. when people with brain they all this mufoo whey we dont try empower too go they talk.
I dont blame U, I blame MTN, anyway I have what it takes to zap ur MB, by the time I make U see 40 meme your MB would zap.HUnger wan main U for where u dey,I understand your frustration,trust me i do, but nor B me do una but

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano / Don't Use Your Generator For 1 Month- Ben Murray-bruce Challenges Fashola, Other / Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.