Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke (45691 Views)

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office / Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by dabeto: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.
[color=#006600][/color]
If you don't know what Duke did, then there's no hope for you. Duke remains one of the few performing governors in Nigerian history

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Rotimik: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that I have never in my life seen Buhari give any intellectual lecture. I can't really say what he has achieved in his life as a man, has he ever created job opportunity in Nigeria through his establishments?. I only know him as a runaway student and dictector. PITY.

He gave one at Chatham House in London in 2014. Being a Hausa or Fulani does not amount to being a dullard.

He served in the Nigerian Army up to the post of a Major General. He retired into farming with people in his employ.

Stop spewing trash.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
deepeeface:
Lmao!!! Ode ni e.

What does buhari know about economics kwanu,how does cattle rearing relate to economics in governance, somebody that have not written a book nor given intellectual lecture.
It really amaze me how zombies think the man can do magic in making Nigeria prosper economically.
buhari that did not go to school tell him to show his certificate and where he graduated from...like we don't know why we put him there...All I want is for Nigeria to just split like Catalonia wants to do with spain and I wish our oil wells could dry up so that we can all go back to farm those northerners have really infested us with their ignorance and uncilivilzed way of living..
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by nerodenero: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
I responded to a post questioning Donald Duke's stewardship while in government. Next time, please read and understand any post before you pass your comment.Thank you.

Lastly, never defend a polithiefcian.
Veetee:

Did you hear about Tinapa business resort? Duke revived obudu cattle ranch, and gave life to calabar festival, the successive government couldn't keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by sinceraconcept(m): 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
if you think this guy is wrong,then you are have a very low IQ. this is actually what I've discussed with my brother. I predicted what he said as well. Donald Duke is really intelligent

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ijaws are increasingly becoming a CURSED PEOPLE in their host communities with their devilish land grabbing & false expansion agenda in Niger Delta /south south region. By now I see no reason why Bayelsa Delta and Rivers can't compete with the likes of Newyork City, Russia Germany & China in development in 2017

But they chose kidnapping. cultism, militancy, robberry, alcoholism, thuggery etc.

I pray the good Lord Almighty destroy this militants demons dragging the whole of Niger Delta or South South backward in Jesus thunderous name.

If only they could use that weapon/agitation to make their leaders accountable and drag development to the entire region. But instead chose to drive away investors with their wicked & blood thirsty greedy souls

Instead of the devilish evil melted on investors, you face your leaders and demand that not until so so & so projects is embarked on & completed we are not releasing this person particularly their political looters . Both federal & state projects will be going on day & night- Seaports, international cargo airports, multi billion dollar industries, hydro power plants/ gas etcetera and see if that place wouldn't experience massive development not this their show of illiteracy, greed & wickedness

The demons were given amnesty the last time for their belly sakes & then returned to creeks again

Visionary leadership & continuity in governance is part of the gains Lagos is enjoying today & this seems totally oblivious in the rest of Nigeria more especially Niger Delta Zone.

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

When he said that he will make Nigeria ungovernable, I thought that he was joking not knowing that he's a prophet of his own doom.
lmao
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Rotimik: 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2017
dabeto:
[color=#006600][/color]
If you don't know what Duke did, then there's no hope for you. Duke remains one of the few performing governors in Nigerian history

Donald Duke's concern is worth considering. But I disagree with his postulation that Lagos will burst at the seams.

The part of Lagos that is concentrated is
Lagos central. Lagos east and Lagos west are just experiencing developments. People are gradually moving there.

Ogun state is also receiving many former Lagos residents.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by AishaBuhari: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
From the very first poster to the very last before me; Are all Keyboard Warriors

Do you guys think that constant complains on Nairaland solves any problem in Nigeria?

#Issokay
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.
He bought a house in Ikoyi for N500 million and built Admirality towers in Ikoyi, three Sets of High Rise luxury Flats with looted funds.
http://saharareporters.com/2008/07/11/open-letter-efcc-investigate-donald-duke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by nelcliff(m): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
MrMystrO:

He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work. You cannot be competitive when you are not productive. The first thing is how do we get productive?”
Duke also criticised the way states in Nigeria have been set up. “And there is no master-plan to make each one of them an economic entity. So, we have a country, where a blessing (exponential population growth) is turning into a curse, because in the next three years, our population will be 200 million, yet all the productive indices are going down. “Lagos may be crowded out. Every year, 750,000 new people come to Lagos to reside, the economy cannot support that. So if you don’t get the rest of the country working, Lagos itself will collapse".

This dude is sound... God bless me with more wisdom like you did to King Solomon in the Bible..

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
nelcliff:

This dude is sound... God bless me with more wisdom like you did to King Solomon in the Bible..

He is a corrupt con artist

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by MrMystrO(m): 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
AishaBuhari:
From the very first poster to the very last before me; Are all Keyboard Warriors

Do you guys think that constant complains on Nairaland solves any problem in Nigeria?

#Issokay

So says Another "Keyboard Warrior "
#Lame undecided
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by IamPatriotic(m): 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
dabeto:
[color=#006600][/color]

hmmm, why can't you children talk without revealing the kind of background you come from? there is so much hope for you from what Duke left behind in Cross River, that's why he's having orgasm over Lagos.

My greetings to your dad.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
magoo10:

He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work.

What does buhari know about economics kwanu,how does cattle rearing relate to economics in governance, somebody that have not written a book nor given intellectual lecture.
It really amaze me how zombies think the man can do magic in making Nigeria prosper economically.
Thank you! I have asked his followers severally, to point to one altruistic venture Buhari has engaged himself for the betterment of one Nigeria since he left office as military head of state aside religious bigotry and issuing countless threats.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by rlauncher(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
mmsen:
Exponential population growth is not a 'blessing', it is usually the result of gross indiscipline, ignorance and stupidity.

Once we realize that we can tackle the problem.

Also, where are the stats to support the claim that 750,000 people move to Lagos every year?

I totally disagree with you. Population determines the size of market for any business. So it is a blessing.

What our people need is empowerment.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
I pity some zombies that want to vote for him in 2019 again.Buhari has drag Nigeria 30 years backward.

By the grace of God, I will vote for Buhari in 2019
Vote for your own candidate, allow me to vote mine
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
nerodenero:
It has always been a collective effort of our polithiefcians from all parts of the country to continuously plunge the country into difficulties. We cant absolve any of them of any wrongdoing but Donald Duke is simply saying that Buhari has A1 in Politicking and F9 in Economics. The politicking further reposition in for another term which serves his own interest only but you and I know that Nigerians are hungry(economy)

Forget the messenger, the message is very important.

And this "over-presence of FG in Lagos" began in 2015?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
bayulll011:

Please tell us the performance of the other 35 governors on those indices
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Ollysma: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

Branch and headquarters which one has unhindered powers to implement total transformation of an organization?.
You are angry because he say the truth the way it is.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by rlauncher(m): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Population is strength as well for any nation.

India today is more respected and feared in the comity of nations even more than many highly successful but small european nations .
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Veetee:

Did you hear about Tinapa business resort? Duke revived obudu cattle ranch, and gave life to calabar festival, the successive government couldn't keep it up

Tinapa?
If you love Duke, you would not mention that white elephant
The business assumptions were wrong
http://punchng.com/tinapa-a-n60bn-investment-gone-moribund/

Easy to blame successors
But all the blames of present day Nigeria are heaped on Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Birminghamvirgo(m): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

Branch and headquarters which one has unhindered powers to implement total transformation of an organization?.

Every state has autonomy of self governance without the interferance of the Fed. govt...
So, Neither branch or headquarter is not an excuse @all. take for instance Lagos under Tinubu and OBJ, still Lagos was able to cope even without proper FG funding... ain't comparing Lagos to any states thou! just using DAT as an analogy

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
Let Lagos collapse, It's all part of 1nigeriya
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by rlauncher(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
Lagos is also partly as wealthy as it is because of its population.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by rlauncher(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
PrecisionFx:
Let Lagos collapse, It's all part of 1nigeriya

Bad Belle! grin
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Rotimik:

He gave one at Chatham House in London in 2014. Being a Hausa or Fulani does not amount to being a dullard.

He served in the Nigerian Army up to the post of a Major General. He retired into farming with people in his employ.

Stop spewing trash.

Don't mind them
Let them produce the PhD thesis of "Dr" Goodluck Jonathan
And the other papers the intellectual has authored

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
sinceraconcept:
if you think this guy is wrong,then you are have a very low IQ. this is actually what I've discussed with my brother. I predicted what he said as well. Donald Duke is really intelligent

I actually think he is wrong
He is blaming Buhari for Lagos' issue - Donald Duke is dead wrong

BTW - is Donal Trump not very smart - how is that reflecting in his governance
We know the number of people that have left his govt!

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
rlauncher:

Bad Belle! grin

grin, Nah, It's OneNaijeriya
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by BetaThings: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
nelcliff:

http://saharareporters.com/2008/07/11/open-letter-efcc-investigate-donald-duke
http://punchng.com/tinapa-a-n60bn-investment-gone-moribund/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by bayulll011(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
BetaThings:

Please tell us the performance of the other 35 governors on those indices
i talked on what concerns me
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
Why is he in lagos? He Should go back to his state and correct the mess he left behind.
Economic Master Plan And Blowing Saxophone Are 2 Different Things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bola Ige’s Murder: We Were Paid Huge Money In Abuja – Suspects / My Photo Was Attached To Obi-Datti Campaign Flyer Without Consent - Mr Macaroni / Pictures Of Gallant Nigerian Soldiers At The Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.