Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke (45687 Views)

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office / Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by henryhemon(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.

He did quite well. Very well go n see his records. They way cross river state is......thats a dead end,only if there was dredging can it be economically viable.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
the earlier lagos collapse the better.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jolar101:

Southeast and south south governors and politicians are fools.
Have you got personality disorder ? ??
What has that craaaap you wrote got to do with what I asked ? ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Splashme: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that I have never in my life seen Buhari give any intellectual lecture. I can't really say what he has achieved in his life as a man, has he ever created job opportunity in Nigeria through his establishments?. I only know him as a runaway student and dictector. PITY.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by bayulll011(m): 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
rlauncher:

Your assertions here are all twisted and does not represent the truth about Lagos.

I would not claim that Lagos have the best of these infrastructures in the world, but the state is doing its best based on the resources available to it and the more than 24 million people it had to cater for.

In Lagos, civil servants and teachers are well caterd for. Graduates earn about N150,000 in the civil service and teaching.

The public schools are very good and well equipped, although they are very few compared to the population. Most Lagosians send their kids to private schools.

The public health system have since been modernized, very clean and fully staffed, though more are still required because of the growing population.

New dual carriageway roads are presently being constructed to open up Epe, Ikorodu, Ibeju-Lekki and Badagry in order to de- conjest Lagos Central .

As to whether Governor Ambode is stealing Lagos money, you have no proof. So shut your mouth, and stop spewing trash.

I don't argue with unfortunate paid assslicker.

Is either u a political agbero or u re just plainly silly to observe that lagos has gone from where fashola left it to worst state.

Well I don't blame u,u lots deserves all the unfortunates leaders that rule u pple
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by oxonek: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.

You have the facts online and all over Cross River State. Duke's achievements are not hidden, and that's why he was a PDP favourite to take over from OBJ until he chose Yar Adua/Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by buffalowings: 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
BetaThings:

Tinapa?
If you love Duke, you would not mention that white elephant
The business assumptions were wrong
http://punchng.com/tinapa-a-n60bn-investment-gone-moribund/

Easy to blame successors
But all the blames of present day Nigeria are heaped on Buhari

I was conned into believing in that project, man.
But Buhari still no get sense o.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by buffalowings: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Danladi7:

Nigerdelta people chased oil companies away with their own hands!

Hehe

The youths aka militants would rather have monthly stipend's from the FG

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Habyz(m): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointB:

This has nothing to do with governance of Lagos State, let alone APC or PDP - different sides of same coin!
The fact stated is that government (successive FG) have failed to develop other parts of the country in favour of Lagos? Could be deliberate or as a result of scheming by South West politicians with naive connivance of their counterpart from other regions.

If Onitsha Seaport is functional, gazetted, and supported won't the pressure on Lagos Ports, roads and city reduce? If Enugu International Airport is given necessary support, won't that also reduce the influx of people to Lagos.

If government fail to make this happen, how can they reduce the pressure on Lagos? At this rate how won't Lagos continue to grow, and eventually by the seams like a supernova?

Yorubas should support and actively encourage the citing of economic resources and hubs in other cities (especially SE), that's the only to enjoy your Lagos. Until that is done, the scramble for Lagos will continue to it's detriment. It's a no-brainer.
I quite understand your point but my opinion is that the development of other states in the entire federation depends on the government of the individual states.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Amoto94(m): 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
What Duke stated about the fragile nature of Lagos is not far from the truth but it's not too late to salvage the situation
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by suremanpatriot: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
...back to sender,why d duck may collapse grin
envy begetting dooms wishers,God forbid Lagos will Neva collapsed.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Have you got personality disorder ? ??
What has that craaaap yoy wrote got to do with what I asked ? ?
You sound like one of them.
If they are not fools, why are they not playing politics to return south east and south south regions's seaports instead of licking Buhari's corrupt government officials pricks and pu*****y

South east and south south governors and politicians conniving with northern corrupt politicians in stealing taxpayers money and killing unarmed protesters and trying to silencing agitatons.

Let them south east and south south governors and politicians bring back the regions's seaports if they are not fools and corrupt.

Now if you know that you don't have personality disorders rather, tell me the update of south east and south south regions's seaports.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jolar101:

You sound like one of them.
If they are not fools, why are they not playing politics to return south east and south south regions's seaports instead of licking Buhari's corrupt government officials pricks and pu*****y

South east and south south governors and politicians conniving with northern corrupt politicians in stealing taxpayers money and killing unarmed protesters and trying to silencing agitatons.

Let them south east and south south governors and politicians bring back the regions's seaports if they are not fools and corrupt.

Now if you know that you don't have personality disorders rather, tell me the update of south east and south south regions's seaports.
I dont know what you are high on but let me just say this, we have a functional sea port and Air port in Rivers state, now thats is south south, I dont know and dont wanna know about waht craap goes on in South East, I leave that for Igbos to speak of.I ship goods to One port in Rivers stat from china and I fly direct from the Uk via Germany to PHC International Airport.So what you are crying about seems to resides in your region only.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PigCatcher: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Tell the fg to put an international airport and seaport in the east and ss and the population of Lagos will reduce. Many people trooping to Lagos to do their business was because of lack of federal present in their region.

There's an international airport in Enugu. Every South Eastern state has domestic airports. What else do you want? A sea port? There's no sea in landlock south east, what miracle do you want to do to bring a seaport where there's no sea? The igbo mentality sickens me. Are you all dumb?

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Jaideyone(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

When he said that he will make Nigeria ungovernable, I thought that he was joking not knowing that he's a prophet of his own doom.
for the umpteenth time. sani kaita of pdp said Nigeria will be ungovernable if GEJ is elected. stop spreading falsehood blindly. BTW your hero Jonathan with his PhD a 110 dollars per barrel crude oil price couldn't take the pressure of Lagos in 6yrs and better the economy. instead he depleted of foreign reserves amidst high oil price and told us to brace up for hardship when oil was selling for $75 per barrel. now oil is $55 and you are calling the man who met an empty treasury a failure. you defended the bigger incompetent mor0n and even wanted us to vote him 2015. you PDP apologist should be ashamed of yourselves.

if the mor0nic PhD holder did the right thing then Nigerians wouldn't have had to vote for a dinosaur who is not even aware of what is happening in his own government. stop painting Jonathan white. your PhD holder landed us in this mess. buhari's only failure is making bogus promises
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by kinharold(m): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:

Maybe you were not born when he was Governor of Cross Rivers State. But you can ask around and you will here of things like, Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar as the neatest City, Calabar Carnival, Tinapa, City roads etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
erico2k2:

I dont know what you are high on but let me just say this, we have a functional sea port and Air port in Rivers state, now thats is south south, I dont know and dont wanna know about waht craap goes on in South East, I leave that for Igbos to speak of.I ship goods to One port in Rivers stat from china and I fly direct from the Uk via Germany to PHC International Airport.So what you are crying about seems to resides in your region only.
What are your evidence of port harcourt functioning seaport?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by vena92: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
laudate:

Onne port is in the SS, while Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu is in the SE.
p
Port Harcourt International Airport too.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jolar101:

What are your evidence of port harcourt functioning seaport?
bro this is very easy, the schedule of the port is online just google port of One
I have recieved good there loads of times, dnt take my word for it google
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
PigCatcher:

There's an international airport in Enugu. Every South Eastern state has domestic airports. What else do you want? A sea port? There's no sea in landlock south east, what miracle do you want to do to bring a seaport where there's no sea? The igbo mentality sickens me. Are you all dumb?
there are, plz speak of waht you know
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by vena92: 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Habyz:

So a man has to write a book or give an intellectual lecture to be considered economically intelligent?
U go tire for Tire for the way people they reason for here oh.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
erico2k2:

bro this is very easy, the schedule of the port is online just google port of One
I have recieved good there loads of times, dnt take my word for it google
Send the photograph of port harcourt seaports.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jolar101:

and how am I gonna do that?
all U had to do is do some research
http://www.portoverview.com/data/13.pdf
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by nelcliff(m): 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PigCatcher: 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
erico2k2:

there are, plz speak of waht you know

Please educate me. Where in South East can you find the sea? Please don't tell me Onitsha or Oguta, you should know by now that rivers are different from sea waters.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jolar101:

This is a website to track all ships in and out of Onne port, this is a live site, I use it as well to track my container

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/ships/range/port_id:803/port_name:ONNE/page:2
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
PigCatcher:

Please educate me. Where in South East can you find the sea? Please don't tell me Onitsha or Oguta, you should know by now that rivers are different from sea waters.
check here
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/ships/range/port_id:803/port_name:ONNE/page:2
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
erico2k2:

This is a website to track all ships in and out of Onne port, this is a live site, I use it as well to track my container

Is it not the one they are using for oil exportationsand importations?
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jolar101:

Is it not the one they are using for oil exportationsand importations?

did you actualy look at it?did you miss container ships in there?
have a look at it again, the data there are LIVE
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
for all you guys who do not know, this container ship is @ the port of Onne as we speak,here are the live data
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:757584/imo:9311830/mmsi:636018193/vessel:HSL%20PARATY
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PigCatcher: 11:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
erico2k2:

check here

Oga, the last time I checked south south is different from south east. Onne happens to be in south south region. Are you now convinced that the landlocked south east must depend on other regions for seaport? Again, you can't expect federal government to build a seaport for you in a place where there are no seas.
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
PigCatcher:

Oga, the last time I checked south south is different from south east. Onne happens to be in south south region. Are you now convinced that the landlocked south east must depend on other regions for seaport? Again, you can't expect federal government to build a seaport for you in a place where there are no seas.
My point is, the ONNE port serves the importers from the SE,however, there are talks for the Onitsha port to increase capacity,this was how we got the PH port going and teh PH Airport going.Im very sure you never knew teh PH port was functioning.if you dont know the nity grity do not conclude.FYI Onitsha port is recieving container ships,this is fact,Im trying to dig out the details online but cant seem to find any,Cargos from china do go there.Im doing a container to Onitsha port as I got 1x FCL and 1xLCL, so the LCL is shared with a container destined for Onitsha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates / Boko Haram Attacks Hometown Of Buratai, New Army Chief, Kills 2 / Diezani Confesses: I Stepped On Big Toes, But I Never Commited Any Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.