Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? (4462 Views)

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? / If There Was Really A Single Atheist Here: apt. / Any Atheist Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2017
I was a nominal Christian who becomes non-believer about 4 or 5 years ago. But lately I've been occasionally going to 2 Ethiopian Orthodox churches. The reason for it is not an intention to revert back, but I'm numb at the moment and I feel peace when I'm in church and I'm excited to make cross signs when I enter and pary the holey prayer in my language just because most of the Christian society here do it.

Coming to the main purpose of this topic, is there any previous non-believer here who reverted back to their Christian faith for whatever reason/s?
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by PointZerom: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
I think sekundosekundo was an atheist.
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by falcon01: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
You are confused oo brother
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
PointZerom:
I think sekundosekundo was an atheist.

is he now a Christian?
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by PointZerom: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

is he now a Christian?
Yea
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2017
PointZerom:

Yea
okay
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
They are plenty but three are common, lemme start listing them

1. KingEbukasBlog
2. Felixomoron

3. Emmanystone(aka analice)
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by UyiIredia(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
I am a deist and became a deist in 2013. Right here on Nairaland mainly due to atheists. i decided atheists did not refute the argents for God but could no longer ignore the good points they made against religion.

I reverted back to Christianity 2-4 times between 2013 when I became a deist and 2016. Each conversion was brief and tied episodes of psychosis (I am a bpd/schizophrenic patient). In fact 2017 is almost at an end and if I seeit out as other months will be the only year when I have not 1) had a psychosis (had a close shave though) 2) reverted to Christianity.

So I have gone back to Christianity but it wasnt a geniune change and a discerning person in striklymi saw it while other Christians and myself made hasty conclusions. I wanted to even give myself next year to.come out but changed my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by OtemSapien: 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
adepeter2027:
They are plenty but three are common, lemme start listing them

1. KingEbukasBlog
2. Felixomoron

3. Emmanystone(aka analice)

Yeee, mogbe!!!
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
UyiIredia:
I am a deist and became a deist in 2013. Right here on Nairaland mainly due to atheists. i decided atheists did not refute the argents for God but could no longer ignore the good points they made against religion.

I reverted back to Christianity 2-4 times between 2013 when I became a deist and 2016. Each conversion was brief and tied episodes of psychosis (I am a bpd/schizophrenic patient). In fact 2017 is almost at an end and if I seeit out as other months will be the only year when I have not 1) had a psychosis (had a close shave though) 2) reverted to Christianity.

So I have gone back to Christianity but it wasnt a geniune change and a discerning person in striklymi saw it while other Christians and myself made hasty conclusions. I wanted to even give myself next year to.come out but changed my mind.
Your case is bigger than Nigerian challenges facing Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
NightWisp:
Yes. OP I was an atheist for a few years but now I've seen the light and I have found my way back on the right path. Believe you me, atheism is an evil ideology that has the capacity to destroy a once sound mind. Speaking from experience.
The first time I ecountered atheism, I thought to myself, this is the treasure I have been seaking all along, the priceless truth I have been searching for. I heaved a deep sigh of relief and beamed a broad smile. At long last, my persistent probing for the truth has yielded a good harvest. My joy was beyond what words could express. I can now rest assured and eat the fruitful product of my harvest. Now my life will be better than before. I felt so cool and rejoiced in this new found freedom.
Alas, that was not to be so. Athough I no longer felt I was accountable and subject to some supernatural kingly being who created the whole world and everything therein, therefore, I was now at liberty, to personally determine my actions and make my own decisions without external influence, I still felt this overwhelming cold emptiness deep in the core of my being. I don't know how best to put it, I just felt somewhat incomplete and insufficient and unsatisfied.
To solve this problem, I set off on another quest hoping to find that which lies beyond atheism if there was any. I started reading different kinds of books (lots of them), watched tons of Youtube videos, followed most atheist-theist argument on nairaland with rapt attention, but inspite of this, I still felt that ice-cold emptiness closing in gradually on me. More doubts began to set in. I discovered new ideas and interesting ones, but these developments only reinforced my despair. Indeed knowledge is pain, ignorance is bliss. By now I was worse off than before I embarked on this little adventure. Had sleepless nights. My mind was so full of many confusing and conflicting thoughts scattering all all directions. Any free time in my space was used for arguing with theists just so I could flaunt my superiority in their face and compensate for my feelings of inadequacy. But I knew I was living in self-deceit.
Well, after those years down the drain, I retraced my steps and returned to the light. My experience was a painful one and not one I would advise someone to undertake. I don't know how I got back , but it just happened. I guess I was lucky. Others may not be.
Conclusively, atheism is nothing other than a vain journey down the agonizing gauntlet of self-discovery. Atheism is doom. Atheism is fatal and injurious to a healthy mind. It certainly is not something to be proud of, or encouraged and preached to people.
Atheism is evil.
Most atheists would say otherwise, but pay no heed to their lies. Atheism kills slowly. Like it did to me, atheism has the tendency to make one immoral, arrogant, lazy, foolish, closeminded and might even induce suicidal thoughts.
Stay away from atheism! You have been warned!!
Creating new moniker only for this thread?

You could do better than this by revealing ya real identity and shaming the Atheists.

Besides, when you say the truth, it shall set you free but here you are, hiding under the canopy of a new moniker.

#spit at you

3 Likes

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2017
@ otemsapien
What do you think about the new ID above
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
NightWisp, just admit that you were a depressed, sad, miserable soul. Stop blaming atheism for your woes.

Your problem was psychological illness stemming from no atheistic ideology. Stop trying to portray us as sad, pained, frustrated fools with a sick mind like you.

Deal with your issues alone. I'm an atheist and I'm stable. Much more than most deluded Christian lunatics.

Nonsense.
Tozara

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
adepeter2027:

Creating new moniker only for this thread?

You could do better than this by revealing ya real identity and shaming the Atheists.

Besides, when you say the truth, it shall set you free but here you are, hiding under the canopy of a new moniker.

#spit at you

Lol. What is the meaning of this?

Why not address the message and leave the messenger?

To answer your question, yes, I deactivated my first nairaland moniker a while back due to certain reasons, and I am back, but just wanna keep a low profile this time.

1 Like

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lonestrider:
To answer your question, yes, I deactivated my first nairaland moniker a while back due to certain reasons, and I am back, but just wanna keep a low profile this time.
Ogbeni, tell à lié ones and all ya truth becomes questionable.

What's your original ID.? Cos if this was to be ya original, why didn't you comment with it at initio?

1 Like

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
NightWisp, just admit that you were a depressed, sad, miserable soul. Stop blaming atheism for your woes.

Your problem was psychological illness stemming from no atheistic ideology. Stop trying to portray us as sad, pained, frustrated fools with a sick mind like you.

Deal with your issues alone. I'm an atheist and I'm stable. Much more than most deluded Christian lunatics.

Nonsense.
He's even a liar

Using another moniker to comment shows everything about him is false
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
adepeter2027:

He's even a liar

Using another moniker to comment shows everything about him is false
His problem. His issues.
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
NightWisp:

Mr man, post a screen grab login of your alternate ID using this current moniker
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by OtemSapien: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
adepeter2027:
@ otemsapien

What do you think about the new ID above

Na dem dem...he's a good christian practising what his religion is best at------LIES

1 Like

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:

Nonsense.

You are right.

I was depressed and frustrated and developed a bad temper when I became an atheist.

That's what atheism does to someone. It makes you susceptible to what I mentioned above and even more.

You are just particular pained and angry at the fact that I am exposing you and your cohorts for the world to see. You all are demons hiding in the shadows. You are afraid of the light and don't want to be seen.

But the days of atheism are numbered. Christianity is gaining ground. Soon atheism will become a thing of the past and will take the same path just like most ideology that were created to forward a dark agenda took. Yep, it will take long, but it's bound to happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=NightWisp post=62162791][/quote]

you mentioned atheism makes people closed minded. This is a mispresentation of facts in my opinion. atheists are among the most open minded people I have seen and they are less likely to be judgemental, misogynistic and homophobic.

3 Likes

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
adepeter2027:

Ogbeni, tell à lié ones and all ya truth becomes questionable.

What's your original ID.? Cos if this was to be ya original, why didn't you comment with it at initio?
Who are you to question me? Are you the owner of this site? What nerve.

1 Like

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2017
OtemSapien:

Na dem dem...he's a good christian practising what his religion is best at------LIES
Lmaoooo

Their problem jare

Soldier go , soldier come, barrack remains the same.
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
NightWisp:

Who are you to question me? Are you the owner of this site? What nerve.
Ariwo kò ní Music ooo. (Music is not about the noise)

Empty barrel ni ó máa pariwo (empty barrels make the loudest of noise)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
adepeter2027:

Mr man, post a screen grab login of your alternate ID using this current moniker

Did you read my previous post? I told you I had deactivated that handle.
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by hopefulLandlord: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
no one so far

Sekundo hasn't represented himself

Uyiiredia was never an atheist

NightWisp is simply a monicker of one of our resident Christians here, I'll wager its an Okija Christian

1 Like

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
NightWisp:

You are right.

I was depressed and frustrated and developed a bad temper when I became an atheist.
Because your brain couldn't carry the weight of reality, and was still polluted by the wax of deranged faith. You never crossed the rubicon, yet you were reaching for the other side. Your longing for a Sky daddy, and the lack of one in atheism was what made you a miserable sad fück. You're better off being a deluded Christard.

That's what CONFUSION AND CLUESLESSNESS do to someone. They make you susceptible to what I mentioned above and even more.
Fixed that for you! I hope a 'Thank you' is in order. smiley

You are just particular pained and angry at the fact that I am exposing you and your cohorts for the world to see. You all are demons hiding in the shadows. You are afraid of the light and don't want to be seen.
Exposed...... who? The miserable story of your life has no connection with me. You only exposed yourself as a sad, confused, sick buffoon. Talk about demons! Their torments reflect in your life.

But the days of atheism are numbered. Christianity is gaining. Soon atheism will become a thing of the past and will follow the sam way just like most ideology that were created to forward a dark agenda. Yep, it will take long, but it's bound to happen.
You're a failed prophet. This is a wrong career path for you. grin
Tozara

3 Likes

Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by spongeisback: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
Am not an atheist but I don't believe in god or gods. I think god is just a bridge people use to connect things they don't understand.
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
NightWisp:

Did you read my previous post? I told you I had deactivated that handle.
But you just commented using lonestrider

I guess lonestrider is among us numerous alternative IDs

Besides, what the name of the ID you deactivated?
Re: Any Previous Atheist Here Who Is Now A Christian? by adepeter2027(m): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'll wager its an Okija Christian
Lmaooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / OAP Freeze Abuses Pastor Adeboye: They Don’t Read The Bible, They Only Brainwash / What If I'm A Muslim And Believe Jesus Is My Lord And Saviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.