Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? (12877 Views)

Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

Let me ask you this, Is Tithing part of the law? I mean did it originate with the Law?

Good question . Another one is offering .
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by paxonel(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
The only tithes to God are:
1) the Levitical tithe aka Mosaic Law tithe, which are given to the priest (e.g. Levite)
and
2) the Abraham type of tithe, given to a priest cum king (i.e. Melchizedek)
- see #3 below

Other tithes in a secular world context (i.e. tenth, 1/10, 10% and possibly 0.1) are given
1) at pagan temples to priest(s) (note extra biblical references will be provided upon request, same with #3 below)
2) Upon the king's demand's (note bible references will be provided upon request)
3) to local ruler cum priest worthy of the consideration, after taking up arms, go to fight and winning battle fight(s) or war

1) There is obligatory tithe imposed by the Mosaic law (i.e. the Levitical tithe also known as the Mosaic Law tithe)
2) There is obligatory tithe imposed by the christian gatherings law
(i.e. ecclesiastical tithe, where christian gatherings, taxes its members tenth, 1/10, 10% and possibly 0.1 too, of their financial income)
3) There is obligatory tithe imposed by custom law (i.e. Abraham's tithing was done, due to the social setting of that time)
4) There is obligatory tithe imposed by monarchy law (i.e. tenth of seed and of vineyards, given to the king's officials and servants)

Now, there is another, which is voluntary tithe,
The nuance in this sort of tithe or tithing, is that it isn't imposed by the Mosaic law, not by christian gatherings law or by any custom law
It so happens or occurs, when FREELY, one DECIDES to GIVE, a tenth of one's financial standing,
as a form of contribution or donation toward's Kingdom purposes, aid or means

In fact, it's tithing subtle difference, is that it is NOT obligatory or imposed

Bible writers and God use the terms, tenth and tithe interchangeably
So if I voluntarily give 10%, a tenth or 10 out 100 of my money contribution or donation toward's Kingdom purposes, aid or means,
I technically have given a tithe,
Considering that it is not a taxed, obligatory or imposition tithe, then I am free, to go ahead giving it

All tithes or tithings, are a form of giving
but NOT all giving are a tenth, tithe or tithing
because the giving could more or less than a tenth, tithe or tithing

The Bible's message today, is about a revolutionary way of giving, where believers are instructed or urged as in 2 Corinthians 9:7 above

Giving could be 50% today, as in 50% equals half of your money
Giving could be 10% next month, as in 10% equals a tithe, tenth, or 10 out 100 of your money (i.e. voluntary tithe, voluntarily giving 10%)
Giving could be 100% following month, as in 100%, equals all of your money
Giving could be 0% following month after, as in 0%, equals zero goes out of your money
Could decide to give 1% month following after, as in 1%, equals 1 out 100 of your money
The giving cycle is not fixed, it might repeat or not repeat itself
How much you give, changes according to the ammount or percentage, you willingly decide to give

It is the freedom, to give whatever you're comfortable with cheerfully
This sort of giving regardless of the percentages is desirable but not obligatory
Without stipulating amounts to give, you're are being trusted to know, to do the 3 right things

You must each decide in your heart how much to give.
And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure.
(i.e. you shouldn't be sorry that you gave or feel forced to give)
"For God loves a person who gives cheerfully."

- 2 Corinthians 9:7

It is obligatory, taxed or imposed tithing that Christians cannot tithe

It is imposed tithing, which is dead with the law
and believers are not obligated to perform any form of imposed tithing

Anyone giving imposed tithing is practising a religion, that God our Father doesnt accept as pure and faultless

Correctively, the Bible teaches the "church" the revolutionary way of giving,
where believers are instructed or urged in 2 Corinthians 9:7 above, to do

2 Corinthians 9:7, by the way actually, is a rehashed principle God HAS always endorsed,
as evident in
Exodus 25:2, Exodus 35:29, Deuteronomy 15:10 & 1 Chronicles 29:9

I am sorry to say, there is an awful lot of empty rhetoric written all over this post
and I believe the reason is due to the low understanding of the meaning ""no one knew Melchizedek birth or death
low understanding of why it was Melchizedek, Abraham opted to give the spoils of war tithe to
low understanding of the customary law behind the tithe Abraham gave
low understanding of the circumstances of how the Levi got given the office of the priesthood
Lots of low understanding

There you will bring your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes,
your sacred offerings, your offerings to fulfill a vow, your voluntary offerings,
and your offerings of the firstborn animals of your herds and flocks.

- Deuteronomy 12:6

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
- Malachi 3:8

Of course, tithing is not offering, if it was, there wont be a distinction btween them, in Deuteronomy 12:6 and Malachi 3:8
Tithing, especially taxed, mandatory or obligatory tithe, DOES NOT give you security against satan
Even voluntary tithing doesnt do that
Placing yourselves under God's authority and resisting the satan, is the security against and/or for satan running away from you

And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.
- Genesis 35:12

And the LORD said unto him,
This is the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying,
I will give it unto thy seed: I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither.

- Deuteronomy 34:4

Jacob did not tithe
Jacob did not tithe because it was going to be the Israelite that wasn't born yet who will do the tithing
The seed from which the Israelites came was in Jacob's body
It is this seed 430 years plus later who will take up arms, go to fight and winning battle fight(s) or war to have the land

The format of how the tithe vow will be claimed by God took a different turn because of the Israelite's flagrant and offending golden calf misbehaviour

It was under the present circumstances, that Jesus says to tithe, not after
The Greek original word, "die", used in Matthew 23:23, means, it is necessary, that they tithe
but when that necessity is over, that duty or responsibility for them to do it, is no longer required

No principle of faith about tithing or to tithe was revealed through Abraham.
Abraham, simply was following a custom practice that needed to be carried after successful win(s) of fighting a battle or war

Jesus, in in Matthew 23:23, wasnt and didnt say give ecclesiastical tithe

Ecclesiastical tithe, is where a christian gathering, taxes its members tenth, 1/10, 10% and possibly 0.1 too, of their financial income

Ecclesiastical tithing is what is practiced in all churches today. It is obligatory and never a voluntary exercise. 10% payment were imposed to church members by pastors who quoted Malachi, and they are being threatened that they rob God if they don't pay.
Now that is totally different from voluntary and cheerfully giving of any amount one can afford.
So tithe is tithe whether you call it ecclesiastical or levetical or abrahamic.
And giving is giving.

Because when collecting tithe no one is making any distinction in practice, they are all collecting the 10%
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
paxonel:

Ecclesiastical tithing is what is practiced in all churches today. It is obligatory and never a voluntary exercise. 10% payment were imposed to church members by pastors who quoted Malachi, and they are being threatened that they rob God if they don't pay.
Now that is totally different from voluntary and cheerfully giving of any amount one can afford.

No one is making any distinction in practice, they are all collecting the 10%

Quick one please, does the ecclesiastical tithing performed by churches today have any scriptural backing?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by paxonel(m): 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Quick one please, does the ecclesiastical tithing performed by churches today have any scriptural backing?
As in any scritural backing that shows that early church of the scripture or bible were into ecclesiastical tithing??
Be specific please
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Certain people would have said Martin Luther is the Devil for trying to break out of the Catholic Church. It baffles me when people mistake traditions for the TRUTH.

If Martin Luther had chickened out, we'll be doing worse than tithing. Actually we'll be paying money (penance) for the forgiveness of our sins!

History never forgets. That you practice a tradition all your life never makes it the TRUTH!

You made a good point and I agree with that . Let truth preveail

Let me get this clear,

1) Does "tithing" carry more weight than giving to the poor and less privileged?

There is no comparison .There are different kinds of givings with different kinds of blessing . For example the law says to live long take care of your parents . It’s a principle . It goes beyond the law . Same as tithing .

_
2) If we insist on tithing, why is the emphasis on 10% and not the specified methods laid out in the TORAH i.e. through foodstuffs and livestock?

It pre existed the law . Abraham tithe to melchi was not food stuff .It can be food it can be livestock’s it’s a choice

I CAN SENSE FEAR HERE. [color=#990000]So you Christians actually limit the ability of God to tithe money? Is God limited to money? Are Christians worshiping God or mammon?

It doesn’t have to be money . If I receive 10 cars I can give one of money equivalent

WHY IS GOD CALLED JEHOVAH JIREH, YET CHRISTIANS ARE PURSUING TITHES THINKING GOD IS LIMITED TO MONEY!

You said so . Tithes is to worship God as well as offering and as well as prayer , fasting which one is pursuing God ?

My giving is done in line with Directions from the Holy Spirit FIRST...and not the sweet mouth of a Pastorpreneur.

The Holy Spirit can say 100% now...and say nothing the following month. I won't question Him

That’s a free will offering . Its nothing new . It’s in the Old Testament too.

After the Holy Spirit...then comes the teachings of Jesus as my basis.

Jesus says to tithe .
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by petra1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

that is a personal vow by Jacob.I can also say God when you give me N30 Billion in my account,i will give you 10%.It means I will have to wait until I get the request before paying

The only reason it won’t fit is that . He also said God will be his God .

Genesis 28:21-22
. . .then shall the Lord be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Question was not God his God before ? He was only reforming his commitment to the God he serves . Same thing goes for the tithe . It was already a way of life . It’s like saying “GOD IF I YOU DELIVER ME FROM TBIS PROBLEM I WILL SERVE YOU FOREVER . But you will still serve him even if he didn’t
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by OkaiCorne(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:

There is no comparison .There are different kinds of givings with different kinds of blessing . For example the law says to live long take care of your parents . It’s a principle . It goes beyond the law . Same as tithing .

_

It pre existed the law . Abraham tithe to melchi was not food stuff .It can be food it can be livestock’s it’s a choice

It doesn’t have to be money . If I receive 10 cars I can give one of money equivalent

You said so . Tithes is to worship God as well as offering and as well as prayer , fasting which one is pursuing God ?

Jesus says to tithe .

Should I neglect weightier matters at the expense of tithing?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:

In ancient Israel, money was there in the form of gold and silver, but why did God specifically require tithes to be paid in food and livestock format?

And why are you going against this instruction from God if indeed you are tithing?

There's a scriptural reference that states that if your tithes is far from the temple, convert it to money and when you reach the temple, use the money to buy food and livestock. Why are you not doing this if you are really tithing?

My brother, food stuffs won't sail church projects, the church engage is various projects that requires money. And u can't expect the church to remain archaic on operation. Years back people exchange donkey to ride, today they drive and fly. Years back people go to d synagogue to worship, today u can worship God in ur homes via satellite. And u can even read ur bible via tablets and phone. If u must quote the bible, do it well.

If the old testament says bring food, remember while Jesus was at the temple the widowed woman gave a coin( money). which d bible described as her everything. And it also sighted many other people bringing in huge amt of coins(money) from d many they have. My dear, Pay ur tithe and enjoy open heaven, or u keep it and struggle through life.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by OkaiCorne(m): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

My brother, food stuffs won't sail church projects, the church engage is various projects that requires money. And u can't expect the church to remain archaic on operation. Years back people exchange donkey to ride, today they drive and fly. Years back people go to d synagogue to worship, today u can worship God in ur homes via satellite. And u can even read ur bible via tablets and phone. If u must quote the bible, do it well.

If the old testament says bring food, remember while Jesus was at the temple the widowed woman gave a coin( money). which d bible described as her everything. And it also sighted many other people bringing in huge amt of coins(money) from d many they have. My dear, Pay ur tithe and enjoy open heaven, or u keep it and struggle through life.

Now we are getting somewhere. There is tithe and there is offering. When God gave Moses the rules on how tithing should be done, there was gold and silver, but God insisted on farm produce. Or are you saying God does not know what He's doing?

I knew this thing had to do with money (mammon) after all. Before I continue.

DO YOU THINK GOD IS LIMITED TO MONEY? THAT IF PEOPLE DO NOT PAY "TITHES", THE CHURCH WOULD SHUT DOWN?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Mailthaddeus(m): 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Now we are getting somewhere. There is tithe and there is offering. When God gave Moses the rules on how tithing should be done, there was gold and silver, but God insisted on farm produce. Or are you saying God does not know what He's doing?

DO YOU THINK GOD IS LIMITED TO MONEY? THAT IF PEOPLE DO NOT PAY "TITHES", THE CHURCH WOULD SHUT DOWN?

KKK boss, just pay ur tithe, with food and livestock or anything u deem fit. Just pay. As for me, I prefer to pay in cash and in service. And I keep getting more cash. Pay wit foods and goats, and u will keep getting more blessings in goats and food.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by OkaiCorne(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

KKK boss, just pay ur tithe, with food and livestock or anything u deem fit. Just pay. As for me, I prefer to pay in cash and in service. And I keep getting more cash. Pay wit foods and goats, and u will keep getting more blessings in goats and food.

It's not about what you prefer, it's about following the Scriptures...in this instance, the Mosaic Law of tithing you insist on obeying.

If you "prefer" paying cash, then you are not tithing, you are giving. And God will also bless you for that.

But if your motive is to dodge a fictitious devourer, then you have to check your motives again. Unless you are implying that in Jesus Christ you are not seated far above principalities and powers except you tithe...

By the way, please I need an answer to my question. Thanks.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:

God says when you don’t tithe and give offerings you rob him

Malachi 3:8
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.

I thought you're tithing according to Abraham example. You see how you quickly run to the law to justify tithe yahoo?

Even your pastor Chris....said Christians are no longer under under the law and that the law is abolished but I'm not surprised just like your pastor Chris, he runs to the law he preached was abolished for Christians to justify tithe, the same you doing. Hey, I got good news for you:

New International Version
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

New Living Translation
Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God.

Romans 3vs19

Will that include your yahoo tithe and offerings?

2 Likes

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:
I've never heard of the Synod of Macon.
Please what's a summary of what it's about?

I'll check online in the time being.
The Synod of Macon is where and when the deliberations on taxing "Christians" 10% of their financial income, took place.

There was an earlier Synod, years before the Macon one
but I can't from top of my head remember it's name.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by petra1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Goshen360:

I thought you're tithing according to Abraham example

We tithe because it’s a principle .

You see how you quickly run to the law

Malachi is not Law. He’s Gods Prophet just like Abraham , Enoch , Elijah . Prophets have the oracle of God .

to justify tithe yahoo?

That’s very irreverent . That’s how you despised Abraham tithe and called it common tax to an earthly king.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by petra1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Should I neglect weightier matters at the expense of tithing?

No , you do all . Give tithes , give offerings , give alms , honor your parents , do justice .

1 Like

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:

We tithe because it’s a principle .

Malachi is not Law. He’s Gods Prophet just like Abraham , Enoch , Elijah . Prophets have the oracle of God .

That’s very irreverent . That’s how you despised Abraham tithe and called it common tax to an earthly king.

YOU, are in the major front promoting false tithing doctrine to Christians here and I'm here challengin YOU with scriptures. You have said too many things which are NOT consistent in this tithe topic. It shows you're lying and twisting scriptures to interpret out of context. From tithing is eternal principles to law tithing to because we're seed of Abraham to God use it to pay for rent, chair, air conditioning etc.....which one exactly is it? Which principle? Did God forgot to tell us to tithe according to principles or according to what's written? Btw, you can't justify tithe by any means especially those lines of Abraham seed?

2. Malachi was a prophet UNDER THE DISPENSATION OF THE LAW just as Jesus was a prophet under the law too. So what's your point? Are Christians under the dispensation of the law of Moses or Grace of Christ?

3. Abraham tithe to Melchizedek and that's not transferred to Christians TO CONTINUE TO TITHE.

b. Faith NOT tithe is what scriptures says connect us and Abraham TO OR WITH CHRIST.

c. Abraham PAID tithe to Melchizedek and if we go by your message/logic of we being Abraham seed. It means when Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek, we IN HIM ALSO PAID OR HAVE PAID TITHE to Melchizedek. Hebrews 7vs9

2 Likes

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:

Good question . Another one is offering .
Taking Scriptures out of context can make it mean whatever anyone wants them to mean, and it's very dangerous.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2017
paxonel:

And giving is giving.

Because when collecting tithe no one is making any distinction in practice, they are all collecting the 10%
Hahahahahaha. I'd rather you talk with points rather than throwing words around for the purpose of talking. There is no Church which makes Tithing compulsory, if you go to such a Church, then leave.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2017
analize701:

Taking Scriptures out of context can make it mean whatever anyone wants them to mean, and it's very dangerous.

Just the same way you and your tithe crew have taken and still taking scriptures out of context. Don't worry, we're here watching

2 Likes

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Abeg no waste your time, he quoted another person's post. He can not defend it.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:

_

Jesus says to tithe .
Thank you sir.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by BERNIMOORE: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

when 2 Or three are gathered am there, who is the church? Building or brethren? answer please
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2017

DO YOU THINK GOD IS LIMITED TO MONEY? THAT IF PEOPLE DO NOT PAY "TITHES", THE CHURCH WOULD SHUT DOWN?[/quote]

OkaiCorne:

There's only one Tithe while they are different kinds of offerings. Should our problem now be what we Pay or the Payment? I thought the Anti-Tithers are against the Payment?

My brother, let us be objective here. Should we or should we not pay Tithe is my concern, it's not whether the payment should be in monetary form or crops.

If i were a farmer and i'm able to ascertain what a 10% of all my Yams are and pay my Tithe with it, will that be okay?

Is the Anti-Tithers issue about cash?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

My dear eh. Another thing is, we men made Tithing about money o.

God never promised to give anyone money after they pay their Tithes o. He promised a blessing which money is by-product.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
OkaiCorne:

It's not about what you prefer, it's about following the Scriptures...in this instance, the Mosaic Law of tithing you insist on obeying.

If you "prefer" paying cash, then you are not tithing, you are giving. And God will also bless you for that.

But if your motive is to dodge a fictitious devourer, then you have to check your motives again. Unless you are implying that in Jesus Christ you are not seated far above principalities and powers except you tithe...

By the way, please I need an answer to my question. Thanks.
Brother, i asked you a question before. Did Tithe pay originated from or with the Mosaic law? You said no, why then are you stuck to it?

I wanted us to discuss why the Holy Spirit raised the Issue of Tithing in Hebrews Chapter 7.
because going by what is said there, the Mosaic law won't come in at all.

Can we look at Hebrews Chapter 7 again?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
Goshen360:

I thought you're tithing according to Abraham example. You see how you quickly run to the law to justify tithe yahoo?

Even your pastor Chris....said Christians are no longer under under the law and that the law is abolished but I'm not surprised just like your pastor Chris, he runs to the law he preached was abolished for Christians to justify tithe, the same you doing. Hey, I got good news for you:

New International Version
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

New Living Translation
Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God.

Romans 3vs19

Will that include your yahoo tithe and offerings?
Goshen360, this is not maturity. pls do not bring insults into a Christian discussion and, most importantly, do not insult a servant of God in my thread.

If these men are Yahoo men, the God who called them is not incapable of bringing them to justice. No one made you an avenger.

Pls, let's respect each other and base our discussions on issues not attacking people's characters. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
The Synod of Macon is where and when the deliberations on taxing "Christians" 10% of their financial income, took place.

There was an earlier Synod, years before the Macon one
but I can't from top of my head remember it's name.
I'm glad you are here. I read your post about all manner or kinds of Tithes. Now, Paul mentioned Tithe in Hewbrew chpt 7, Can we ex-ray it?

What was the Holy Spirit trying to tell us there?

From all the Tithes discussions i have read here, no one seems to want to talk about Hebrews 7.

Where is Ubenedictus?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
Goshen360:

Just the same way you and your tithe crew have taken and still taking scriptures out of context. Don't worry, we're here watching
Lolzzz. I posted you a question sir, lets peruse it.
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by MuttleyLaff: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:

That’s a free will offering . Its nothing new. It’s in the Old Testament too.

Jesus says to tithe .

analize701:
Thank you sir.
What parts are you thanking Petra1 to
Are you saying you concur to his entire post?

analize701:
I'm glad you are here.
I read your post about all manner or kinds of Tithes. Now, Paul mentioned Tithe in Hewbrew chpt 7,
Can we ex-ray it
?
I love Berean x-ray examinations

analize701:
What was the Holy Spirit trying to tell us there?
The correct question to ask is:
What was the Holy Spirit trying to tell the Hebrews (i.e. the Jews, aka the Israelites, King Agrippa etcetera) there

analize701:
From all the Tithes discussions I have read here, no one seems to want to talk about Hebrews 7.

Where is Ubenedictus?
My sister, the ground is full, with what posters over the years on this forum, have talked about Hebrews 7
Tithe was not, and is not, the priority of Hebrews 7

1 Like

Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2017
petra1:

That was only an aspect of Abraham tithing . That doesn’t mean he did it only once . Did Jacob fight a war to be a tither

Genesis 28:21-22
. . .all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Tithe is simply 10th of what God has blessed you with

WHO MADE THAT LAW?

WHY DID THE HOLY SPIRIT OMIT SUCH AN IMPORTANT DOCTRINE, THAT WILL KEEP AWAY THE DEVOURER AWAY FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT OF GRACE?
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by Meti99(m): 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.. 1Million of daddy freeze cannot freeze my faith.. That name is suspicious
John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and my sheep know me..

#TEAMSHEEP4CHRIST4EVA...
Re: Should I, As A Christian Pay Tithe? by analize701: 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

What parts are you thanking Petra1 to
Are you saying you concur to his entire post?
I thanked him because i could not have answered any better than he did. So, yes, i agree with him.
MuttleyLaff:

I love Berean x-ray examinations
So, let's do what tje Berans did. lol
MuttleyLaff:

The correct question to ask is:
What was the Holy Spirit trying to tell the Hebrews (i.e. the Jews, aka the Israelites, King Agrippa etcetera) there
The last time i checked, the Holy Spirit was given to the Church, not a race of a particular group of persons or an individual.
MuttleyLaff:

My sister, the ground is full, with what posters over the years on this forum, have talked about Hebrews 7
Tithe was not, and is not, the priority of Hebrews 7

I decided not to read those threads So pls, Lets talk as Christians here.

If Hebrews 7 is not about Tithing pls tell me why you thing it was brought in there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? / How Do We Know That Jesus Is The Son Of God? / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.